Author Topic: Those chants  (Read 183391 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Those chants
« Reply #640 on: January 26, 2023, 11:02:47 am »
When will Spurs fans start getting arrested for Yid Army ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #641 on: January 26, 2023, 11:21:07 am »
When will Spurs fans start getting arrested for Yid Army ?

That's a very fair point, they chanted it non-stop vs Fulham and I'm pretty sure the FA said they'd be punishing fans for doing so (even if they were Spurs fans) about 10 years ago.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: January 26, 2023, 11:40:09 am »
Surely the problem is the law, and that needs changing.  You can't ask the police to remove away fans for doing something that doesn't break the law.  It needs to be highlighted as an issue first, it needs to be on a par with the rent boys chant, and then the police can act.

This is correct. However, Anfield is private property. Liverpool Football Club can make access conditional to various terms and conditions (these apply whenever a person buys a football ticket, irrespective of whether they do that through their own club or not). There are many acts which are generally considered lawful to do which you cannot do on private property, for reasons of the commercial arrangement between the customer and the business, which would terminate your right of access to that private property. For example talking loudly and persistently in a cinema. Simply make singing these songs a breach of contract which voids their ticket and throw them out for trespassing and restrict their right to purchase tickets in future. Make this term sufficiently clear at the point of purchase to avoid any issues relating to unfair terms.

The only limitation to this is the rules that the FA have on making tickets available to away teams, so it would have to be cleared with them. (However, please not these restrictions are not legal restrictions - merely FA's own internal governance). However, I'm not convinced that the FA would be willing to take the bad press of refusing this request if it were made publicly. At the very least Liverpool should try this route.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: January 26, 2023, 03:10:36 pm »
Notwithstanding possession of any ticket the Club, any police officer or authorised steward may refuse entry to (or eject from) the Ground any person:

1.1 that fails (or in the Club's reasonable opinion is likely to fail) to comply with these Ground Regulations and/or the Discrimination Commitment and/or the Supporter Code of Conduct and/or any reasonable instruction issued by a police officer or authorised steward or officer of the Club; and/or

1.2 whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

Our Ground Regulations.

Perhaps we could start here with the club. Enforce your own regulations.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #644 on: January 26, 2023, 03:13:26 pm »

1.2 whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

Christ, that's suitably vague, I'd be kicking out most of the annoying knobheads around me most weeks with that description ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #645 on: January 31, 2023, 02:10:50 pm »
In case you've not seen this quote by Martin Hewitt, the chair of the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) in David Conn's Guardian article today which I've posted in the * Inquests 2015/16 - News Only Updates * Forum thread:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jan/31/police-chiefs-apologise-for-hillsborough-failures?CMP=share_btn_tw

Hewitt also condemned the toxic chants about the disaster directed at Liverpool supporters by some rival fans at recent matches, which have caused deep offence to families and survivors.

“It’s disgusting and action needs to be taken [by match police and stewards] to stop people doing that,” he said.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #646 on: January 31, 2023, 04:57:29 pm »
This could be something of a momentum moment that's been previously missing. LFC should issue a statement, in my view (unless they already have and I just haven't seen it yet.......)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #647 on: January 31, 2023, 05:13:40 pm »
This could be something of a momentum moment that's been previously missing. LFC should issue a statement, in my view (unless they already have and I just haven't seen it yet.......)

Yet the FA has been quoted as saying there is nothing they can do about it as it's not protected in law. Another lie, hey.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: January 31, 2023, 05:20:15 pm »
Yet the FA has been quoted as saying there is nothing they can do about it as it's not protected in law. Another lie, hey.
Don't fuckin start me on the FA........

Anyway, Jennie and Phil were spot on today on R4. We need 'Duty of Candour' and Independent Public Advocate.

As she says, "...desperately needed and long overdue..."

Also, she asks for, "a level playing field of funding" <--- MASSIVE obstacle, as the families of the 97 well know.

#hillsboroughlawnow - a charter for the bereaved. The first suggestion of this was made in 1997. 26 years later, we still don't have it. Wow.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: January 31, 2023, 06:33:18 pm »
[re deleted post by JGLFC]

No. This isn't the thread to propose random chants - it's to discuss the increasing phenomenon of toxic ones that cause distress to various groups - including our own supporters who are survivors, victims' family members and friends, campaigners and anyone else pissed off at the apparent inconsistency of increasingly vile behaviour. So, no.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 08:24:42 pm by 24/7 »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #650 on: February 6, 2023, 09:08:03 am »
Went to Chorley v Southport on Saturday for a bit of non-league groundhopping. I usually 'support' the home team when I do that, get a bit of local flavour. I'd been to Southport v Curzon Ashton a few weeks ago and had a great time at their ground.

I didn't realise it was such a rivalry - drinks confined to the bar, moderate police presence, segregated ground, all of which is unusual at non-league.

The home fans were giving it "you Scouse bastards" for much of the game, but during the second half (presumably after 2 sunk HT pints) "Always the victims" starts up from the main singing section of the home end, made up by-and-large of kids and people in their 20s.

I was delighted when Southport came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: February 6, 2023, 09:15:45 am »
Went to Chorley v Southport on Saturday for a bit of non-league groundhopping. I usually 'support' the home team when I do that, get a bit of local flavour. I'd been to Southport v Curzon Ashton a few weeks ago and had a great time at their ground.

I didn't realise it was such a rivalry - drinks confined to the bar, moderate police presence, segregated ground, all of which is unusual at non-league.

The home fans were giving it "you Scouse bastards" for much of the game, but during the second half (presumably after 2 sunk HT pints) "Always the victims" starts up from the main singing section of the home end, made up by-and-large of kids and people in their 20s.

Having spent 30ish years in Chorley they're proper bad wannabe mancs mate.

It does not surprise me in the slightest.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: February 12, 2023, 03:10:22 pm »
Munich chants
HT: Leeds 0-0 Man Utd

Simon Stone

BBC Sport at Elland Road

Sadly, there was a very loud rendition of the 'Munich song' from the Leeds fans behind David de Gea's goal.

The song taunts Manchester United over the Munich Air Crash in 1958, when eight players were amongst 23 killed.

The 65th anniversary was last Monday.

Never ever have I seen Hillsborough chants being called out like this  :butt
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #653 on: February 12, 2023, 03:18:20 pm »

Thats shocking by Chorley fans....Southport!..Scousers!!?..dear me.What has happened English Geography education!

other than that..what a shower of pathetic c*nts they where.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 03:20:53 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: February 12, 2023, 05:17:33 pm »
I truly hope the day never comes when we have to play a match on April 15th. Cos when that happens, you can guarantee some knobheads chanting shite to us - seems to me to be the only possibility of the msm waking up to this issue but even then I wouldn't put it past them to gaslight the fuck out of us in the process.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #655 on: February 12, 2023, 05:27:17 pm »
Some journalists are calling out the chanting Henry Winter for one had a go at United fans singing about Hillsborough and he also had a go at Leeds and United fans today singing about Munich and Istanbul as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #656 on: February 12, 2023, 06:42:32 pm »

The 'magic' of the 'Never a Victim' chant is those that sing it can pathetically claim it's nothing to do with Hillsborough despite everyone knowing full well the intent.

Those in the media need the balls to call that out.

:D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #657 on: February 12, 2023, 06:45:02 pm »
The 'magic' of the 'Never a Victim' chant is those that sing it can pathetically claim it's nothing to do with Hillsborough despite everyone knowing full well the intent.

Those in the media need the balls to call that out.

Yeah they can hide being innuendos with the victims chant and it won't get called out. Even the club don't call it out but did publicly call out City for the S*n was right chant (cue made up stories about throwing coins).

Always the victims chant should actually be sung at City.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline HullReD

• Main Stander
« Reply #658 on: February 12, 2023, 06:47:45 pm »

Yeah....always turn a blind eye to those chants.....or should i say ears....f*c*ers

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #659 on: February 12, 2023, 06:47:52 pm »

Chorley have an element of knobheads (who'd usually follow the likes of Bolton or Preston)  who come out when there's a sizeable away following. Chester have had problems there in recent years.

These people are obsessed with Scousers. Southport is closer to Chorley than Liverpool, or at least the same distance. It's something Marine would have to put up with more if they went up.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 06:53:08 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: February 12, 2023, 07:59:13 pm »

Certainly not by that journalist.

Guardian leading with stories about “tragedy chanting” without a single mention of what we have to put up with. Rotten corrupt Manc c*nts.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: February 12, 2023, 08:11:28 pm »
Certainly not by that journalist.

Guardian leading with stories about “tragedy chanting” without a single mention of what we have to put up with. Rotten corrupt Manc c*nts.
He's such an obvious manc, is Simon Stone.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #662 on: February 12, 2023, 08:15:43 pm »

I'm from Chorley mate. That's because most of them who go watching Chorley games are Utd fans. I know quite a few of the older ones. You'll often see Utd banners at Chorley games too. That's why a lot of locals, including myself don't go watching them anymore. Because we can't be doing with them. The absolute dregs of Chorley they are.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: February 12, 2023, 08:19:17 pm »
Chorley have an element of knobheads (who'd usually follow the likes of Bolton or Preston)  who come out when there's a sizeable away following. Chester have had problems there in recent years.

You do get the odd Wigan and Bolton fan turning up but, they are mostly Utd fans mate. One of the ring leaders is a lad called Terry McDermott. He used to be a Liverpool fan when he was a kid and then switched sides at the start of the Premier League era when Utd started winning titles again.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 08:22:37 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #664 on: February 12, 2023, 08:57:59 pm »
I’ve long had the thought that if our fans responded to United with Munich chants,  something would be done about it. Guardian piece backs that up.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: February 12, 2023, 09:00:18 pm »
I'm from Chorley mate. That's because most of them who go watching Chorley games are Utd fans. I know quite a few of the older ones. You'll often see Utd banners at Chorley games too. That's why a lot of locals, including myself don't go watching them anymore. Because we can't be doing with them. The absolute dregs of Chorley they are.

My response mate 👍

Having spent 30ish years in Chorley they're proper bad wannabe mancs mate.

It does not surprise me in the slightest.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #666 on: February 12, 2023, 09:01:07 pm »
From The Guardian...

Leeds and Manchester United condemn ‘unacceptable’ tragedy chants

Premier League says it is treating issue as ‘matter of urgency’

The Premier League said it was treating “tragedy chanting” as a “matter of urgency” after extremely unsavoury behaviour inside Elland Road by Leeds and Manchester United fans prompted a joint statement of condemnation from the clubs.

Although Erik ten Hag praised the atmosphere during Manchester United’s 2-0 win, he had apparently not heard the chants just before half-time. Leeds supporters sang about the Munich air disaster in 1958 in which eight Manchester United players were among the 23 who died. Travelling fans responded with a similarly moronic song regarding the events of 2000 in Istanbul when two Leeds supporters died.

The clubs’ joint statement described the chanting as “completely unacceptable” and said they would work with their respective fan groups and the Premier League to eradicate it.

The Premier League has a working group on tragedy chanting which also involves clubs, the Football Association, English Football League and Football Supporters’ Association. “The league is treating the issue of tragedy chanting as a priority and as a matter of urgency,” it said.

Couldn't make this up...... we've long since been the target of vile abuse from virtually every other club in the league - to the extent that It's now almost become normalized fan behaviour - and not a fuckin dicky bird from the FA or the Guardian, any 'working group'..or indeed, our own club.... would love to see LFC take the opportunity to enter this debate now that its in the public eye....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: February 12, 2023, 09:09:02 pm »
My response mate 👍

Saw that before Debs. You know what they're like.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: February 12, 2023, 09:21:05 pm »
You do get the odd Wigan and Bolton fan turning up but, they are mostly Utd fans mate. One of the ring leaders is a lad called Terry McDermott. He used to be a Liverpool fan when he was a kid and then switched sides at the start of the Premier League era when Utd started winning titles again.

:o
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: February 12, 2023, 09:23:11 pm »
:o

I know. Ironic. His dad is called Terry McDermott too. He's always been a Utd fan though.

This is young Terry McDermott.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vWjFtct4O5s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vWjFtct4O5s</a>
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 09:26:32 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: February 12, 2023, 09:35:27 pm »
Saw that before Debs. You know what they're like.

I do mate.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: February 12, 2023, 09:38:38 pm »
I know. Ironic. His dad is called Terry McDermott too. He's always been a Utd fan though.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vWjFtct4O5s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vWjFtct4O5s</a>

He seems a bright lad doesn’t he ?!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: February 12, 2023, 09:42:00 pm »
He seems a bright lad doesn’t he ?!

Haha! He's a bad divvy is Terry. Seems to think he's a bit of a hard man because he used to knock about with Michael Jennings when he was a kid. Jennings is a former British & WBU Welterweight champion for those who don't know who he is.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: February 12, 2023, 09:44:44 pm »

Fucking state of him
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: February 12, 2023, 09:46:34 pm »
Haha! He's a bad divvy is Terry. Seems to think he's a bit of a hard man because he used to knock about with Michael Jennings when he was a kid. Jennings is a former British & WBU Welterweight champion for those who don't know who he is.

I know who Jennings is he got his arse handed to him by Miguel Cotto !

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: February 12, 2023, 09:46:58 pm »
Fucking state of him

He'll be one of them who would have been chanting that anti-scouse stuff at Southport.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: February 12, 2023, 09:49:00 pm »
I know who Jennings is he got his arse handed to him by Miguel Cotto !

He's alright is Mick to be fair to him. As is his brother Dave. Both sound lads.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #677 on: February 12, 2023, 10:01:36 pm »
:lmao His hair.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: February 12, 2023, 10:04:52 pm »
From The Guardian...

Leeds and Manchester United condemn ‘unacceptable’ tragedy chants

Premier League says it is treating issue as ‘matter of urgency’

The Premier League said it was treating “tragedy chanting” as a “matter of urgency” after extremely unsavoury behaviour inside Elland Road by Leeds and Manchester United fans prompted a joint statement of condemnation from the clubs.

Although Erik ten Hag praised the atmosphere during Manchester United’s 2-0 win, he had apparently not heard the chants just before half-time. Leeds supporters sang about the Munich air disaster in 1958 in which eight Manchester United players were among the 23 who died. Travelling fans responded with a similarly moronic song regarding the events of 2000 in Istanbul when two Leeds supporters died.

The clubs’ joint statement described the chanting as “completely unacceptable” and said they would work with their respective fan groups and the Premier League to eradicate it.

The Premier League has a working group on tragedy chanting which also involves clubs, the Football Association, English Football League and Football Supporters’ Association. “The league is treating the issue of tragedy chanting as a priority and as a matter of urgency,” it said.

Couldn't make this up...... we've long since been the target of vile abuse from virtually every other club in the league - to the extent that It's now almost become normalized fan behaviour - and not a fuckin dicky bird from the FA or the Guardian, any 'working group'..or indeed, our own club.... would love to see LFC take the opportunity to enter this debate now that its in the public eye....

It's absolutely correct that gets called out and gets media attention. But why the fuck have we had to put up with it almost every week and not a fucking thing said  :no
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #679 on: February 12, 2023, 10:16:57 pm »
They mentioned the chanting by both sets of fans during the Five Live commentary in the first half too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."