Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Brighton 3 Trossard 4', 17', 83', Bobby 33', 52', Webster 62'  (Read 38285 times)

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
dissapointed, Klopp should have just thrown some CMs and defend that 3-2.
unfortunately seems like this year wont be a title season, probably not next year either. Needs a rebuild of the team. Which may take many years, even that is not guaranteeing a title, the way other clubs are being pumped oil dollars.

Our only PL title comes with a huge asterisk next to it: Covid-19. Opposition fans wont even recognize it as a real PL title. I long to see us lift that trophy in my lifetime. I dont have many years left at this old age.

We had it won before anything to do with covid. If anything, it would be the season after. Besides fuck what “they” think.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
If people think we are spending big in January, then they are totally wrong.
In order to do what we need, we need another Coutinho type sale.

We don’t really have anyone that we can sell to give us the 100m+ needed.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
unfortunately seems like this year wont be a title season, probably not next year either. Needs a rebuild of the team. Which may take many years, even that is not guaranteeing a title, the way other clubs are being pumped oil dollars.

Our only PL title comes with a huge asterisk next to it: Covid-19. Opposition fans wont even recognize it as a real PL title. I long to see us lift that trophy in my lifetime. I dont have many years left at this old age.

The one we won was perfectly legitimate. Come to terms with it because you may have a very long wait for another one.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
We could have signed Tchouameni and De Jong in the summer, we’d still be winning fuck all with Trent, Van Dijk, Salah and Robbo playing as they are. And no, they’re not playing shit because of the midfield. Our most important players are playing crap.
Agree, too many not at it.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
Bearing in mind that Ox, Keita, Milner and Firmino are all out of contract next summer:

Who are we going to sell to fund the two new midfielders and new forward we need?

Because we know it won't come from investment.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
Salah has been off form for quite a while now, how many non pen goals has he scored this calendar year?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

Of course we will spend big in January we will pay a chunk off the ARE. Who needs squad investment when we can buy FSG another stand.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite

A Liverpool fan speaks...

That title is easily the most famous title win in history in this country, no other title win comes close even if they won by more points, lost no games or (ahem) won the title against their main rivals with virtually the last kick of the season.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 08:27:06 pm by Onward Liverpudlian »

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
Bearing in mind that Ox, Keita, Milner and Firmino are all out of contract next summer:

Who are we going to sell to fund the two new midfielders and new forward we need?

It’ll have to be serviceable debt.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Well since you're preaching about supporting the managers and players...

Klopp himself said he wanted the owners to spend more in the summer. More than once.

It's Klopp that I support, not the spineless hedge fund owners who pop over to anfield twice a year.

He wanted a new CM -clear as day.

Not backed - clear as day.

Bull shit.

Jurgen never said he wanted to spend more.

Jurgen is given a budget and knows what he can spend. He also knows what player(s) he wants and if he has to wait for them.

He has used that to his advantage since he's been here.

Whoppers who look to interpret things their way and look for any snippet they can latch onto, always seem to think they know what Jurgen "means" not says.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan

and without UCL money next season, will make it even harder to improve the squad.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan

Maybe if we had an energetic powerhouse like Tchouameni we wouldn't be getting overrun every fucking game we play and hence our defence wouldn't be under the constant pressure it currently is.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan

The owners are going to have to find money next summer regardless or what European competition we are or aren't in. We've delayed the midfield rebuild for years and this is the result. This shambles is a result of their negligence.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan

I don't think that is accurate. The owners were going to spend on tchoumeni even with the nunes transfer and they decided to wait for Bellingham next season after tchoumeni went to Madrid instead. So clearly when the right player needs to be signed they are willing to shell out the cash. The problem is that they have been caught surprised - without any excuse for this - by how badly our midfield has broken down and they thoight they could squeeze another season before retooling. So really if they are serious about maintaining our participation in the CL next season they MUST invest this January and in the summer windows or watch us lose out on CL which will be disastrous financially for the club and we can also kiss the Bellingham transfer goodbye also.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Why do we get the asterisk? because games were paused? Im suprised having watched that team over that season and how brilliant we were you have written it off because of what rival fans think.

PS: you long to see us win trophies? where have you been?
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 07:07:46 pm by red1977 »

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
Bull shit.

Jurgen never said he wanted to spend more.

Jurgen is given a budget and knows what he can spend. He also knows what player(s) he wants and if he has to wait for them.

He has used that to his advantage since he's been here.

Whoppers who look to interpret things their way and look for any snippet they can latch onto, always seem to think they know what Jurgen "means" not says.

Yes he did.

He said that he wished the owners took more risks. There's no other way to interpret those comments than him wanting better backing in the transfer market.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan

FSG don’t have the motivation or drive to compete at the top level, they’re happy being second or third every year, if we want to be more successful they have to dilute their ownership and bring another partner in who is willing to invest, the club has the fundamentals in place to be successful and FSG have done a great job in getting us there but after 5 years of coasting along finally you would hope that the penny will drop this season that you can’t spend the absolute minimum each year and expect to keep up with the other teams

they’ve believed their own hype about how clever they are and that they’ve somehow cracked the code which means we don’t need to invest as much as others

time to smell the fucking coffee

They would be Happy to come 4th every year, money wise in the grand scale of things is not much difference between being Champions and 4th place,,

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
The owners are going to have to find money next summer regardless or what European competition we are or aren't in. We've delayed the midfield rebuild and this is the result.

Highly unlikely they will.

Our annual net spend is pretty small….not sure where they will find 100m+?

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
and without UCL money next season, will make it even harder to improve the squad.

FSG need to just leave.

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
Slagged him off against United but today why we took Henderson off especially after how he started that second half, baffles me.

TAA needs dropping, been shite this season.
Every game he’s been targeted and if we’re honest majority of the goals we concede come from his side.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Maybe if we had an energetic powerhouse like Tchouameni we wouldn't be getting overrun every fucking game we play and hence our defence wouldn't be under the constant pressure it currently is.

Why are you even mentioning Tchouameni when it was clear his heart was set on Real Madrid rather than us?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Someone made the point just before (and sorry I am not digging it up because I lost the specific post) that lack of investment should cost us a league not loss of top 4. At the moment we don't look top 4 quality not because we didn't buy players (although they would have made a difference) but because players who should be better aren't.

Trent, Fab, VVD, Henderson, Salah (even if I didn't think he was too bad today) and Robbo (who obviously didn't play today) have been a massive massive issues this year. If half of them  are more on the ball, we probably win another 3 or 4 games this year. Similarly, if one player is off the ball (Alisson) we likely lose 3 or 4 more games than we have done.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
They would be Happy to come 4th every year, money wise in the grand scale of things is not much difference between being Champions and 4th place,,

We were incredibly fortunate with our injury crisis to come Top 4 in 20/21….mainly due to how bad the other teams were.

We won’t be so lucky this time around.

Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal will all get 70+

Crucial to have a good run in Europe this year and next, as 5th will be ok in 2024.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
Highly unlikely they will.

Our annual net spend is pretty small….not sure where they will find 100m+?

Either find the money or fuck off. Club is worth 10x what they paid for it.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
Why are you even mentioning Tchouameni when it was clear his heart was set on Real Madrid rather than us?

So maybe we could have given Klopp money to buy another midfielder? Instead of scrambling around on deadline day to sign an unfit Juventus squad player on loan?

Gosh imagine that! I'm asking a lot aren't I? Fucking hell.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?

Who gives a flying shite what opposition fans think?

There is no asterisk on our title. We won it before Covid even arrived in this country.

On the other hand, every single one of Abu Dhabi's titles come with an asterisk the size of a house.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Someone made the point just before (and sorry I am not digging it up because I lost the specific post) that lack of investment should cost us a league not loss of top 4. At the moment we don't look top 4 quality not because we didn't buy players (although they would have made a difference) but because players who should be better aren't.

Trent, Fab, VVD, Henderson, Salah (even if I didn't think he was too bad today) and Robbo (who obviously didn't play today) have been a massive massive issues this year. If half of them  are more on the ball, we probably win another 3 or 4 games this year. Similarly, if one player is off the ball (Alisson) we likely lose 3 or 4 more games than we have done.

It could be the drop off from last season. We ran out of energy at the end of last season we weren't playing great and now this season is started earlier with even more games fitted in before the World Cup. It could just be a continuation from that.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
We could have signed Tchouameni and De Jong in the summer, we’d still be winning fuck all with Trent, Van Dijk, Salah and Robbo playing as they are. And no, they’re not playing shit because of the midfield. Our most important players are playing crap.

I don't agree. There is a cause to their collective decline this season and it isn't age as Joe gomez also suffered greatly. They are being out under far greater pressure this season than in previous seasons - our midfield has Been the unsung shield that has always screened our defence with their gard work and pressing. Of course the forward line contributes also but the more immediate shield is provided by the midfield and in their ability to cover the overlaps of the full backs. As the defence is put under pressure they start to make more enforced mistakes and the hit to their confidence causes them to make more unforced errors and it cascades. The foolishness of our transfer decision was to fail to sign younger and more dynamic midfielders and to instead rely on injury prone players who are one year older and on far too young players like elliot and especially carvalho who lack the consistency or the sheer physical power to be able to provide that intensity we need.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
It could be the drop off from last season. We ran out of energy at the end of last season we weren't playing great and now this season is started earlier with even more games fitted in before the World Cup. It could just be a continuation from that.

Why does every other Club seem ok?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan

This has all the hallmark of 09/10 and 14/15.

We can’t suddenly find form…we’ve struggling for a while now, including the back end of last season.

I hope I, wrong, but could be in serious trouble position wise come 2 weeks time.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy

Often the way, you can’t stand still when you’re at the top. I’ve said before, we should be realistic and recognise this as a transition period but when you transition you need to commit to it properly, which we haven’t done. This could be a longer process that we’d ideally like.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan

Because every other club invested and improved.

We didn't.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

It’s probably the greatest PL title win of all time.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Because every other club invested and improved.

We didn't.

Right, we didn’t invest but that doesn’t excuse players looking constantly sluggish does it ?

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
Can't Henderson play RB ?

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
A transition season is fine….but it should be a top 4 transition, this isn’t…..this is 5th / 6th type league position, other teams have improved significantly.

We really haven’t.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Because last season most teams had already begun to slow down and take it easy, while we had no easy games or games when we could take it easier. As every game we had, we had to win to stay in the title or in the Cup competitions. We then had a CL final to play and less time off as the new season began earlier this year.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Maybe but I would have thought with players of this quality and with time off that we would have seen some improvement with regards to this. Maybe not to 100% but right now they look so far off the pace and not improving.

Some of it is age catch up to players, some of it is tactics just not working at all, and then for a handful I don't even know what it is - I don't know why Fabinho is as poor as he is. I can see why Trent and Salah and Henderson are and there is theoretically a way to improve for them (change the tactics and not to rely on Henderson ad much) but Fan looks like he is playing through treacle at the moment and I don't know why or how to improve it.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
End of an era but we should have invested to make it more of a seamless transition. Now we'll have to spend big to get our CL place back. They got away with it in 20/21.

Saving money by not spending is a false dichotomy

When you reach the top you have two choices.

1) Spend wisely whilst in a position of strength and constantly refresh in order to improve further.

2) Wait until you start to decline as a whole then look to rebuild.

Option 2 usually means spending far more in the long run and doesn't always work out either. Option 2 also loses you momentum.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.