Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Brighton 3 Trossard 4', 17', 83', Bobby 33', 52', Webster 62'  (Read 38634 times)

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
I don't want a sportswashing takeover but FSG lack ambition that's clear - not just for Liverpool but for the Red Sox too.

It's not like they don't have the resources to spend either, they do have the money but choose not to. They are far too passive and not nearly pro-active.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Chelsea manage to avoid sure we can do as well ? Plenty of other American billionaires that can spend. We just need to avoid the Trump crowd type billionaires.

That was a one off coming off from the situation they were in after Abramovich. They will not be spending like that every season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Chelsea manage to avoid sure we can do as well ? Plenty of other American billionaires that can spend. We just need to avoid the Trump crowd type billionaires.

The real people in charge of Chelsea will want the money back, they are not spending 4 billion on a club out of the goodness of their hearts by not wanting that money returned. This Todd Boehly fella is just the face.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
It's an FSG defence mechanism that's deeply entrenched and implanted years ago based off this false notions that they "saved the club".
They did save the club, they did an amazing job in lots of ways. They just need to adapt their not spending unless we sell approach.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Brighton ripped through us.

They could have been 4-0 up if it wasn’t for Ali.

Brighton are a very coherent, confident, intelligent team. They sliced us apart attacking wise. They are good. I think we did well to come back and take the lead. It's a pity the 3rd one went in for them because it should have been cut out. We could have won a game we were completely out of, credit has to go to the players who kept at it. We'll improve but we are gone as far as this league is concerned right now. We are where we deserve to be.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Absolute garbage. LFC is dead if a sports washing regime takes us over and I will happily walk away from football if it does.

Can't see it happening.  Liverpool supporters could be problematic for mass murdering regimes. I think there's lots of teams who fit the bill better.
I'd never set foot in Anfield again.

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
Absolute garbage. LFC is dead if a sports washing regime takes us over and I will happily walk away from football if it does.

We have players in our club who are voting for Bolsonaro an anti LGBTQ right wing nutjob and the US invaded Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam for the so called freedom, not only that but 70 mill people voted for an American taliban who tried to stage a coup and take over the country. Point is no one is innocent, and no I don't want to be owned by oil barons either.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Can't see it happening.  Liverpool supporters could be problematic for mass murdering regimes. I think there's lots of teams who fit the bill better.
I'd never set foot in Anfield again.

How any LFC fan can say anything different, I just don't know.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I thought we were reinventing ourselves? This isn't a blip,  it's a huge dip from where we were and there are no signs of change. Out of the title race before November and in a scrap for top 4, Klopp needs to backed with funds to freshen thus group up.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
Would you be ok with us being owned by an oil state?

I struggle to agree with that I agree city, psg, Newcastle is a completely different ball game but in the last 4 years alone.

Spurs £325mil net spend
West Ham £280mil net spend
Wolves £166mil net spend
Man Utd £501mil net spend
Chelsea £270mil net spend
Notts for £130mil net spend
Fulham £91mil net spend
Crystal Palace £106mil net spend
Leeds £120mil net spend
Everton £105mil net spend
Aston Villa £255mil net spend
Arsenal £375mil net spend
Liverpool £90mil net spend

None of the above are oil state owned and considering new stands,new Stadiums No champions league for most of the above clubs they all manage to outspend us.

And I haven’t included Newcastle and Man City the two oil state owned clubs as you put it, but we’ve been outspent in the last 4 years by pretty much everyone, and the clubs we consider top 4 rivals ie spurs arsenal Man Utd etc by hundreds of millions, and this is despite our rivals not having regular champions league football. This is a massive problem and this isn’t just reactionary I called it before the season started. We in my opinion have the best manager in the world but he’s not going to hang around if this carries on, our owners have fucked up, if we can’t spend with champions league football don’t expect us to spend if we finish outside the top 4.

« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 06:43:19 pm by Redric1970 »

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
They did save the club, they did an amazing job in lots of ways. They just need to adapt their not spending unless we sell approach.

No didn't save anything other that hundreds of millions on buying us for a knockdown price.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
Because that is what happens now. There are a number of other horrible regimes waiting to have the chance to own another Premiership football club. They also know the footballing authorities here don't care whose blood money they take.
There are two such regimes in the PL. There are not only two clubs that spend money. We can, and should, spend more. It’s crazy when it’s so obvious what we need , yet the club would rather jeopardise our chances of success than actually sign players that would help us stay competitive.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
It's looking like this team has reached the end of its cycle. We are starting every match in the same way, so it's no longer just a bad patch, or something you can blame on a few injuries or 1 or 2 transfers. There's only been 1 or 2 games where we haven't started like this.

Only our overall quality is getting us any points and even then the moments of quality are very few and far between. We are like Utd of last year, we'll make a good comeback to grab some points but the issues haven't gone away.

It's possible that a superior side will exploit our frailties and walk off with wins. I don't see how this changes anytime soon there's nothing to suggest we'll get better. I would be more positive if our performance would've been better even if we still only got a point.

I think this pretty much explains it. With so many of our players on the wrong side of 30 and a distinct lack of investment in recent years, it was only natural that we'd stagnate. The CL winning sides of 2019 and 2020 were never going to keep it up season after season, especially given how we play. We've reached the end of a cycle and simply have to rebuild.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan

I struggle to agree with that I agree city, psg, Newcastle is a completely different ball game but in the last 4 years alone.

Spurs £325mil net spend
West Ham £280mil net spend
Wolves £166mil net spend
Man Utd £501mil net spend
Chelsea £270mil net spend
Notts for £130mil net spend
Fulham £91mil net spend
Crystal Palace £106mil net spend
Leeds £120mil net spend
Everton £105mil net spend
Aston Villa £255mil net spend
Arsenal £375mil net spend
Liverpool £90mil net spend

And I haven’t included Newcastle and Man City the two oil state owned clubs as you put it, but we’ve been outspent in the last 4 years by pretty much everyone, and the clubs we consider top 4 rivals ie spurs arsenal Man Utd etc by hundreds of millions, and this is despite our rivals not having regular champions league football. This is a massive problem and this isn’t just reactionary I called it before the season started. We in my opinion have the best manager in the world but he’s not going to hang around if this carries on, our owners have fucked up, if we can’t spend with champions league football don’t expect us to spend if we finish outside the top 4.

This is pretty damning. Our success is despite our owners, not because of them. Having Klopp has glossed over the majority of their penny-pinching.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
It’s so weird that that’s what people actually expect

If you want that, it’s the city route.

You’re either fine with that or not. But you can’t have both
Times change. I follow another team, different sport. I was never a fan of the biggest spenders and now my team is the biggest spender of them all. I'm still not ok with that, but it seems that's what we might be looking at in sports in general in the future. I would f-in hate it if we got left behind again.
I'm not an FSG superfan, but I understand their business model of acquiring sports assets. Anyone who thinks FSG will treat LFC as the crown jewel of their budding sports empire is clearly not paying attention.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
I don't want a sportswashing takeover but FSG lack ambition that's clear - not just for Liverpool but for the Red Sox too.

It's not like they don't have the resources to spend either, they do have the money but choose not to. They are far too passive and not nearly pro-active.

There are some real whoppers today after a poor result.

1: FSG has said since they took over, they will spend what the club earns. They've done that.

2: They never, ever, have suggested they will "dip into their pockets" . Which is good for us because if they do spend like some cry arses on here want, it will be because they take on debt to appease those who only fucking know..spend , spend , spend. Like fucking Neville and the Mancs. Who whinges about their debt.  And shows in SPADES spending doesn't guarantee one fucking thing.

How about supporting our manager and players instead of whinging about spending more or what happens when Klopp leaves. Because the more pressure put on Jurgen for not spending more, not putting the owners under the bus, or chastizing him for his team selections ( and not knowing what the medical staff recommends).. the more likely YOU ( the collective you ) run him out of the club sooner rather than later.

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
This is pretty damning. Our success is despite our owners, not because of them. Having Klopp has glossed over the majority of their penny-pinching.

Absolutely our manager has gave them an easy ride.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan

FSG don’t have the motivation or drive to compete at the top level, they’re happy being second or third every year, if we want to be more successful they have to dilute their ownership and bring another partner in who is willing to invest, the club has the fundamentals in place to be successful and FSG have done a great job in getting us there but after 5 years of coasting along finally you would hope that the penny will drop this season that you can’t spend the absolute minimum each year and expect to keep up with the other teams

they’ve believed their own hype about how clever they are and that they’ve somehow cracked the code which means we don’t need to invest as much as others

time to smell the fucking coffee

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
Anyway no one is talking here about the decline in VVD form. Everyone is focusing on Trent but VVD have been equally as bad.

Offline IamNotSpamBotMailIsWeird

• Boys Pen
dissapointed, Klopp should have just thrown some CMs and defend that 3-2.
unfortunately seems like this year wont be a title season, probably not next year either. Needs a rebuild of the team. Which may take many years, even that is not guaranteeing a title, the way other clubs are being pumped oil dollars.

Our only PL title comes with a huge asterisk next to it: Covid-19. Opposition fans wont even recognize it as a real PL title. I long to see us lift that trophy in my lifetime. I dont have many years left at this old age.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyway no one is talking here about the decline in VVD form. Everyone is focusing on Trent but VVD have been equally as bad.

there is an entire thread where it is being discussed

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
unfortunately seems like this year wont be a title season, probably not next year either. Needs a rebuild of the team. Which may take many years, even that is not guaranteeing a title, the way other clubs are being pumped oil dollars.

Our only PL title comes with a huge asterisk next to it: Covid-19. Opposition fans wont even recognize it as a real PL title. I long to see us lift that trophy in my lifetime. I dont have many years left at this old age.

lol the title was already gone before this game.

The real concern now is Top 4 - we are outside looking in.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan

1: FSG has said since they took over, they will spend what the club earns. They've done that.

2: They never, ever, have suggested they will "dip into their pockets" . Which is good for us because if they do spend like some cry arses on here want, it will be because they take on debt to appease those who only fucking know..spend , spend , spend. Like fucking Neville and the Mancs. Who whinges about their debt.  And shows in SPADES spending doesn't guarantee one fucking thing.

How about supporting our manager and players instead of whinging about spending more or what happens when Klopp leaves. Because the more pressure put on Jurgen for not spending more, not putting the owners under the bus, or chastizing him for his team selections ( and not knowing what the medical staff recommends).. the more likely YOU ( the collective you ) run him out of the club sooner rather than later.

Well since you're preaching about supporting the managers and players...

Klopp himself said he wanted the owners to spend more in the summer. More than once.

It's Klopp that I support, not the spineless hedge fund owners who pop over to anfield twice a year.

He wanted a new CM -clear as day.

Not backed - clear as day.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan

:lmao

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
Absolutely our manager has gave them an easy ride.

100% accurate. They need to start fucking digging in their pockets and stop penny pinching. FFP is dead so the quicker they get used to that the better. They loved it when teams could only spend what they earned so they wouldn’t have to dig in their pockets. If the money we’re generating is not enough then maybe it’s time to invest their own money in the club

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Would you be ok with us being owned by an oil state?

So it is a binary choice FSG or an oil state. Deary me is that the best argument you can come up with.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
End of an era but we should have invested to make it more of a seamless transition. Now we'll have to spend big to get our CL place back. They got away with it in 20/21.

Saving money by not spending is a false dichotomy
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan

Klopp himself and Van Dijk indicated we needed more reinforcements
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
Yeah the lack of investment should be the reason we only get top 4 instead of challenging for the title but the players we still have at our disposal should still be able to win most games and finish comfortably near the top of the table. We have far too much talent still in this team to be playing mid table or worse like we currently are.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Why does wanting the owners to spend money always equate to ‘wanting to be owned by an oil state’?
I don't think it does. Personally, I don't think FSG have invested anything like enough in the team. Klopp has saved them from an awful lot of grief in my opinion. He took a relative sow's ear and somehow came up with a silk purse, despite not exactly rolling in money when compared to even modest rivals. A piss-poor, skint Everton have outspent us.

FSG bought us for relative peanuts and now have a multi-billion pound club with as big, or even bigger, revenue than Man United. Something that was unthinkable not so long ago. They certainly could and should have invested much more in sustaining what Klopp built. I think people can suggest as much without also wanting an oil state in.

The oil state thing comes in because a lot of people realise that unless you are bankrolled by a nation state now, you can't compete. Even if you manage it in the short term, it's immensely hard to maintain. We've seen the fans of the once proud Manchester City cozy up to murderers because they give them silver. The old Newcastle are the same with their Saudi despotic overlords. We've seen Everton fans on their knees begging for an oil state, and they were overjoyed with the repulsive 'Uncle Uzzy' while they had him. We know Man United sold their souls decades ago, but we still see them and their appalling pundit cheerleader, Gary 'Che' Neville, begging on air for an oil state to take them over.

It would be totally naive to believe that there aren't a fair number of fans following our own club who would cheer from the Main Stand roof if we were bought by China or one of the remaining oil states. Why? Because they are sportswashers, and sportswashers are prepared to spend, spend, spend in order to recruit armies of useful idiots who will defend them and speak positively about them. Human nature dictates that the majority won't care where the money comes from. All they care about is winning. It's not them being oppressed, jailed or murdered.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 06:54:40 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Wish I felt like posting before each game IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME

It doesn't feel like it still so I didn't

Wish my radar was wrong and not the team

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite

Does it fuck come with an asterisk, nevermind a huge one

League was won before covid hit. Give me strength
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted

FSG may be in asset acquiring mode. The Penguins in hockey, RedBird capital Toulouse AC Milan, rumours about a Brazilian club.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
Klopp himself and Van Dijk indicated we needed more reinforcements

Don't let that get in the way of the FSG defence mechanism mate.

Klopp, Van Dijk and 97% of the fan base were all wrong about needing a new midfielder. FSG and the handful of loons who still think they're the best owners we can get were right.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

What a load of shite.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

10 posts hey? I wonder who you support? Only an idiot considers the title we won has an asterisk attached. Or someone who supports one of our rivals.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
We just don’t have the legs in midfield.

In 2018-20 where we won the 2 big ones, we had Gini, Hendo and Fab.

They were hungry, hadn’t won much and had so much energy…..they gave us the platform to push our full-backs high up and not much got passed them leaving our defence to clean up the odd occasion. We rarely conceded and scored plenty.

3 years later we have a significantly older midfield of Fab, Hendo and Thiago.

The energy is not there, the pressing is not there and hence we are being found out….

Need a big revamp and can’t see where the money is coming from for a major overhaul in midfield.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
Same. That said I will walk away from this thread for today, some posts I don't really need on a Saturday night (thankfully most still have a decent and realistic perspective). Enjoy your weekend.  :wave

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite

Sorry, I look at it in a different way, we've won the League Title 19 times, their was no asterisk attached to our recent win and I don't give a fuck what other fans think.

By the sound of your age, you will have seen us win a hefty chunk of those Title wins.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 07:00:23 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
Alexander is clearly suffering from a loss of form and confidence right now and when he is subjected to pressure, he makes mistakes. The rest of the defence is also labouring at the present because they are not getting sufficient protection from the midfield.  So I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong with the defence espdcislly when Konate returns, but the midfield is clearly degraded and the owners made a very bad error when they failed to invest in a younger and more dynamic midfield after they missed out on Tchoumeni.

This is proven by the fact that the long rest did no good to our overall play.

With the way we play, it is in the midfield where we need the most intensity and dynamism and all the personnel have either become injured or have aged together too much at the same time.  As a  result they are no longer able or willing to put in the intensity that our kind of play requires and as a result you can see how we have been losing all the 50-50 balls. For the first goal that we conceded, Henderson was easily knocked off his stride by the Brighton player who slammed into his back as he was about to head the ball - a foul that was missed by the referee - and as the loose header by Alexander bounced, fabinho losses the 50-50 easily to the onrushing Brighton player. Fabinho has been losing those battles throughout this season as he seems to be always a step too slow to the ball. 

Elliott is too lightweight to provide that intensity. It is vain to rely on Carvalho at this stage of his development. The paucity of our midfield and the foolishness of our yransfer decisioj wss shown in how we had to plumb the depths to take Arthur melo who had been frozen our by juuventus and we even missed it on zakaria because we came to the realisation of our need far too late. It is FSG & Klopp's collective fault that we will do well to even challenge for top 4 this season - the title is lost already.  Unless the owners sign an entirely new midfield during the January window, our midfield is too geriatric or too callow or too injury crocked or all three to qualify for the CL this season.

Top of the priority list is we need to sign in January at least two younger and more versatile and dynamic midfielders who can attack and defend and tackle and do all the midfield tasks to a very high standard and at pace. Caicedo would not be a bad signing at all in this regard. Valverde seems to be a pipe dream as Madrid would never sell him to us and we are in danger of losing out on Bellingham to them as it is. Another important addition would be an attacking option like Mudrek as Luiz Diaz is one if the few bright spots in our line up currently but we are overdependent on him and Salah to attack the other side with pace and break their lines. Unless we rejuvenate our midfield and attack with younger and faster and more dynamic options, I do not think that we will be able to qualify for top 4 at the end of the season and that would be disastrous.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 07:01:01 pm by ThePoolMan »