Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Brighton 3 Trossard 4', 17', 83', Bobby 33', 52', Webster 62'  (Read 38278 times)

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Would you be ok with us being owned by an oil state?

Doesn't have to be an oil state. I'm sure plenty of billionaire from across the globe would be interested.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Sure as soon as someone pays £3 billion and then agrees to spend their money without hoping to get it back.

It’s so weird that that’s what people actually expect

If you want that, it’s the city route.

You’re either fine with that or not. But you can’t have both
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan

Don't care to be honest.

Nice guys don't finish first in sport.

That's if you're stupid enough to believe our owners who are known backers and supporters of Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are nice guys of course.

• Kopite
It’s so weird that that’s what people actually expect

If you want that, it’s the city route.

You’re either fine with that or not. But you can’t have both

It used to be City route but now everyone spends. This is modern football now, either you spend or you are left behind. The days of being sustainable are over, you can draw the example from Leicester a team that had a real shot at replacing United/Arsenal/Spurs battling for relegation because of the lack of spending.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don't care to be honest.

That's if you're stupid enough to believe our owners who are known backers and supporters of Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are nice guys of course.

That is a "yes I'd be more than happy to be owned by a despot regime".

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan

Well it's either that or I'll never see Liverpool win a league title and CL again in my lifetime.

Because if you think we'll just pull another manager like Klopp out of the bag you're in for a very rude and sad awakening.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
This is their 3rd goal

https://twitter.com/northstandchat/status/1576253383253454848?s=46&t=yjw5JtSsTJpTkZeDvP1iPw

Lots of errors

The state of the defending for that goal is concerning. This team can’t seem to press anymore either. This is when we are trying to hold out for a 3-2 win! It looks like friendly tempo.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Solid Soiled performance today.

Online PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong

No I just want to be owned by ambitious owners and you can't talk to me as I'm Boston born and bred so I know all about John W. Henry and FSG. LONG before you.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Christ modern football is mad isn’t it.

8 games or so after almost winning the quadruple people are asking to be taken over by oil barons?

What next, an FSG out protest?

Madness.

We are shite, but the players in the pitch aren’t some second rate backups. That’s was pretty much our strongest back 8.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
Don't care to be honest.

Whoa...    I seriously hope you're in the vast minority here. 

I think we all want supportive (and financially-secure) owners. 

But, I'm walking away if we were ever sold to any group like Man City or Chelsea or NU and I hope most other people would feel the same way. 

Rather have a competitive team I can be proud to support rather than winning from oil money (or worse.)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well it's either that or I'll never see Liverpool win a league title and CL again in my lifetime.

Because if you think we'll just pull another manager like Klopp out of the bag you're in for a very rude and sad awakening.

So why not admit it instead of pussyfooting around it like a twat?

Say " I want a sportswashing despot regime in charge of my club"

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Don't care to be honest.

How the fuck are FSG backers of Trump?

John Henry owns The Boston Globe one of the most Democrat supporting left wing newspapers in the USA.

Do you think he backed Trump  because he was pictured smiling with Trump when the Red Sox did a photoshoot with Trump at the WH like all winning sports teams in the USA who win a championship go to visit the WH.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
Christ modern football is mad isn’t it.

8 games or so after almost winning the quadruple people are asking to be taken over by oil barons?

What next, an FSG out protest?

Madness.

We are shite, but the players in the pitch aren’t some second rate backups. That’s was pretty much our strongest back 8.

No one, literally not a single soul has asked to be taken over by an Oil Baron.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

A lot of people are not honest enough about answering that question.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No I just want to be owned by ambitious owners and you can't talk to me as I'm Boston born and bred so I know all about John W. Henry and FSG. LONG before you.

I don't want to talk to you anyway.

By the way... WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
Whoa...    I seriously hope you're in the vast minority here. 

I think we all want supportive (and financially-secure) owners. 

But, I'm walking away if we were ever sold to any group like Man City or Chelsea or NU and I hope most other people would feel the same way. 

Rather have a competitive team I can be proud to support rather than winning from oil money (or worse.)

Well be sure to tell yourself that when Klopp leaves and FSG don't invest and you're watching the competitive team finish 5th-8th every year.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Don't care to be honest.

I'd rather we got relegated with our pride and integrity intact...it's just a fuckin game. Nobody should want to go down the City route just for success, 'success' that is not even respected or recognised by right minded people.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 06:27:58 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan

What a pathetic answer.

• Kopite

Everyone has done a bad things. Not long ago people were praising Denmark for standing up for human rights where themselves they deported Syrians back to Syria, seized jewelry of refugees and want to put a cap on non westerners, whilst making Ukrainians exempt from the same laws, which screams super racist to me. Point is no one is innocent these days. 

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
If we had more signings Milner wouldn't be in Liverpool let alone the squad. He will be 37 in January and he somehow manages a regular place in our midfield or at Left back. There surely must be something better than him out there that wouldn't break the bank.

As someone else mentioned when we lost our centre backs a couple of years ago the whole team was affected. Attack went to shit because midfield went to shit because defence had gone to shit. We lost 6 games in a row and just about managed top 4.

Liverpool during the 80's was always improving the squad, sometimes even getting rid of or losing players in their prime. We always evolved and always kept a decent spine. We are just letting the spine age and updating bits of the fringe around it every now and again and we have been doing that for a while.

Towards the end of last season we were running on fumes but we could have won the lot. We really should have invested more in the summer.
I think this season will be like the one a couple of years back but more of a struggle as teams around us seem to have got better.

I think this is a really important point.

The Liverpool I grew up watching always strengthened from a position of strength. Not only did that constantly refresh and improve the squad, it also served to demoralise the opposition.

We simply haven't done that since we regained our perch at the top of the tree. Klopp has done the work of a sorcerer in his time here, but even he has his limits. He built a wonderful, hard working and hard pressing side, but that intensity takes its toll as players age. Sadly, we never really refreshed while we were ahead, and too many in the squad declining at the same time was always a probability. I think that's where we are currently.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
Well be sure to tell yourself that when Klopp leaves and FSG don't invest and you're watching the competitive team finish 5th-8th every year.

Better that then selling the soul of the club. I’m no FSG backer but we don’t need to sell to an oil state to win there is plenty of room in the middle between what we currently invest and what the like of City do
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 06:29:36 pm by Rosario »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Our defence and midfield need some serious work & improvement.

For me we are out of the title race already.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

So by "that" you mean a human rights abusing regime who cheat is the way to go so you can get your glory? come on mate, im sure if you think it through you dont.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
Invest in the team or do one.

No one wants to be owned by oil barons, but they need to invest.
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

I would sooner have that than have another sport washing organisation infecting football. Also, winning like that would not mean a single thing.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
I'd rather we got relegated with out pride and integrity intact...it's just a fuckin game. Nobody should want to go down the City route just for success, 'success' that is not even respected or recognised by right minded people.

Again, tell yourself that when Klopp leaves.

Hopefully your heart swells with pride at FSGs running of the club whilst we don't win anything for a generation.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Why does wanting the owners to spend money always equate to ‘wanting to be owned by an oil state’?

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Can’t agree with that buddy, this could be seen a mile off milner is 37, hendo is 33, Thiago plays less than 40% of our games, Fabinho is not far off 30, kieta is made of glass and so is ox. And come the end of the season when kieta, firmino, Milner, ox can all leave for free. We’ve fucked up massively here and not strengthening when we were so attractive was another mistake, come the end of the season and there is a good chance of this unfortunately if we don’t get top four you can forget the likes of bellingham. And if we can spend fuck all with champions league football don’t expect a big spend if we don’t have it.

this...

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
I'd rather we got relegated with out pride and integrity intact...it's just a fuckin game. Nobody should want to go down the City route just for success, 'success' that is not even respected or recognised by right minded people.

I would never want us to go down the city route. No chance. Buying/sports washing our way to trophies. No thank you. It would not mean as much. We’re one of the worlds biggest most supported clubs, we do not need an oil state to take us over. City were tin pot before their take over, so they needed something to catapult them into competing. They still are tin pot. I just want ambitious owners. But I am nowhere near FSG out.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Everyone has done a bad things. Not long ago people were praising Denmark for standing up for human rights where themselves they deported Syrians back to Syria, seized jewelry of refugees and want to put a cap on non westerners, whilst making Ukrainians exempt from the same laws, which screams super racist to me. Point is no one is innocent these days.

SO COME AND SAY YOU WANT THAT FOR THE CLUB Why are you tip toeing around and thinking people on here are stupid as to not know what you want.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
Why does wanting the owners to spend money always equate to ‘wanting to be owned by an oil state’?

It's an FSG defence mechanism that's deeply entrenched and implanted years ago based off this false notions that they "saved the club".

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan

It’ll be like completing a computer game whilst using cheat codes. Absolute hollow feeling! I still hate myself for doing it with Tomb Raider 2.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Because that is what happens now. There are a number of other horrible regimes waiting to have the chance to own another Premiership football club. They also know the footballing authorities here don't care whose blood money they take.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Our defence and midfield need some serious work & improvement.

For me we are out of the title race already.

No doubt we're out of the title race. We simply aren't good enough.  Top four will be a good achievement.

• Kopite
SO COME AND SAY YOU WANT THAT FOR THE CLUB Why are you tip toeing around and thinking people on here are stupid as to not know what you want.

I want ambitious owners but it doesn't have to be oil barons either. Plenty of other nationalities out there not just the oil barons.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
The state of the defending for that goal is concerning. This team can’t seem to press anymore either. This is when we are trying to hold out for a 3-2 win! It looks like friendly tempo.

Do we not post analyse games and try and stop the same shit happening week in week out? Cause by the looks of it we don’t learn from past mistakes and keep making the same one

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?

Wow.

Let's sell women, gay people, free speech, human rights etc down the river so Xanderzone can see his football team lift another title in his/her lifetime.  :butt
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Absolute garbage. LFC is dead if a sports washing regime takes us over and I will happily walk away from football if it does.

• Kopite
Because that is what happens now. There are a number of other horrible regimes waiting to have the chance to own another Premiership football club. They also know the footballing authorities here don't care whose blood money they take.

Chelsea manage to avoid sure we can do as well ? Plenty of other American billionaires that can spend. We just need to avoid the Trump crowd type billionaires.