Author Topic: Pre-match thread: Manchester United vs Liverpool  (Read 35537 times)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: Pre-match thread: Manchester United vs Liverpool
« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2022, 11:14:57 am »
To be honest I don’t know why they bother. The moment the champions league returns it takes four of the ‘bigger sides’ out the equation for a majority of the season anyway

Just scrap it and keep it Saturday and Sundays
You’ve probably answered the question. They might as well stick big teams on while they can.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2022, 12:53:20 pm »
Elliott deserves to start, and it sounds like Hendo isn't fit, so I'd make that my only change for me.

Elliot and Keita both need to start, as players that win the ball high up the pitch (Elliot was great at this against Palace, anyway) - if anyone saw highlights of Brentford battering United they'll know how useful this'd be, especially while our midfield isn't linking all that fluently with our front three.

Is Henderson injured again? Thought he was fit to play?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2022, 12:54:55 pm »
Would be amazed if Elliott doesn't start this, was great last match and we don't exactly have a plethora of midfield options right now.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2022, 01:07:03 pm »
Not sure why Klopp is listening to TalkShite nor defending Man fucking Utd….I hate shite like this as sometimes it has a tendency to bite you on the arse and by that I mean if we lose it gives gobshites like Agbonlawhore and others to crow even more and how Jurgen should concentrate on his own struggling team and then throw in the “mentality monsters” dig.
I don't imagine that he spends hours and hours religiously listening to them. Just something to put on in the car while driving home.

And really, who gives a coal-powered fuck what they say, were we to lose this game?

Why do so many people give a shiny one about what media blobs say, especially agit media like Talkshite?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2022, 01:11:04 pm »
To be honest I don’t think I can contemplate losing this game, let alone drawing. We somehow have to win.

I can’t be arsed thinking about weeks in which City may drop points or where we can catch them up. I love a title race but thinking about making up 6 or 7 points in August is bollocks.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2022, 01:37:16 pm »
We’ve put 9 past these in our last 2 visits with comprehensive wins.   Let’s give them another pasting on Monday and keep the run going.  Come on the redmen. 

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2022, 01:45:35 pm »
Not sure why Klopp is listening to TalkShite nor defending Man fucking Utd….I hate shite like this as sometimes it has a tendency to bite you on the arse and by that I mean if we lose it gives gobshites like Agbonlawhore and others to crow even more and how Jurgen should concentrate on his own struggling team and then throw in the “mentality monsters” dig.

good grief, how snide of you! Jürgen has enough credit in the bank here to have a little go at a gobshite like Agbonlahor, more managers should have the guts to give these idiots a bit of grief, as they get away with chatting as much shit and lies as they like, because they get a free ride 99.9% of the time.

Maybe you should go have a look at Agbonlahor’s twitter, he’s already risen to the bait and it’s hilarious. Dragging some clip out of him playing for Villa when they won at Anfield, thinking he was being really clever having a go back. Problem was, it was in 2014, when Klopp was coaching Borussia Dortmund  ;D  The guy is an absolute pillock.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2022, 05:38:28 pm »
good grief, how snide of you! Jürgen has enough credit in the bank here to have a little go at a gobshite like Agbonlahor, more managers should have the guts to give these idiots a bit of grief, as they get away with chatting as much shit and lies as they like, because they get a free ride 99.9% of the time.

Maybe you should go have a look at Agbonlahor’s twitter, he’s already risen to the bait and it’s hilarious. Dragging some clip out of him playing for Villa when they won at Anfield, thinking he was being really clever having a go back. Problem was, it was in 2014, when Klopp was coaching Borussia Dortmund  ;D  The guy is an absolute pillock.
Anywhere that employs Trevor Sinclair is just a cesspit.
Good on Jürgen for calling out Agbonlahor tho.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2022, 06:30:40 pm »
Is Henderson injured again? Thought he was fit to play?

Was involved in full training today

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2022, 06:36:42 pm »
Was involved in full training today

Yep seen the pictures.

Matip wasn’t there. Thought he was back in training.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2022, 07:27:50 pm »
Just fucking win redmen. Then look to Bournemouth, Newcastle, Everton etc in the next games. I'd much rather be sitting there in a few weeks annoyed about dropping points in the first two games then completely not arsed at all because we've gone on to drop further points against other dross.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2022, 08:05:50 pm »
Need to start winning, can’t be 6-7 points behind even at this stage…..I like everyone’s confidence, but everyone was confident before the last 2 games….I really hope this is not a grind of a season!

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2022, 08:07:05 pm »
This has been one of the least enjoyable starts to a season I can remember. Feels so disjointed having these back to back Monday games as well as the injuries and our new star signing headbutting someone.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2022, 08:16:53 pm »
This has been one of the least enjoyable starts to a season I can remember. Feels so disjointed having these back to back Monday games as well as the injuries and our new star signing headbutting someone.

To be honest I am not quite ready for a game against United. We need to win, but with everything around the game involving them in particular, Monday night, the size of the fixture, we probably could have done without this one. Would have much preferred a more banker home game such as the game after this.

There is just so much pressure on Monday for both sides. Obviously much more for them but we have definitely been sucked into the magnitude of it all.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2022, 08:36:12 pm »
To be honest I am not quite ready for a game against United. We need to win, but with everything around the game involving them in particular, Monday night, the size of the fixture, we probably could have done without this one. Would have much preferred a more banker home game such as the game after this.

There is just so much pressure on Monday for both sides. Obviously much more for them but we have definitely been sucked into the magnitude of it all.
This is why I see it as another draw. We just can’t afford to lose it and neither can they.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2022, 08:46:51 pm »
And a draw will be having us in a battle for top 4.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2022, 08:49:45 pm »
Thanks for the OP Mons :)

Can't wait for this one, hopefully another thumping like the last couple of matches there.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2022, 09:23:44 pm »

Offline WacoRed

• Boys Pen
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2022, 09:24:19 pm »
As a relatively new fan, I love this fixture. However, it still scares me, particularly, the talking heads guarantee a Liverpool win.

Reds still have a better roster. How maguire stays Captain, and Fred stays in the 11, is beyond my comprehension.

2-1.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2022, 10:01:57 pm »
This is why I see it as another draw. We just can’t afford to lose it and neither can they.

We can’t afford to drop any points. City will win comfortably at Old Trafford.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2022, 10:18:13 pm »
Lest we ever forget what a dickhead Agbonlahor is - https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2008/09/10/857919/agbonlahor-gets-three-girls-pregnant-at-once

Laughed when I read his response and how he casually equivocated being a pundit and being a manger. One of the stupidest people in football without a shadow of doubt.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2022, 11:00:28 pm »

From the Beeb:

Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool should be awarded the points if their Premier League match against Manchester United is postponed over fan protests.

A game between the sides in May 2021 had to be rearranged after home fans marched to Old Trafford to protest the Glazer family's ownership of the club.

Another protest is planned before Monday's match, leading to fears of a repeat.

"Plans for the game not happening? Yes, going home on the bus," Klopp said.

"I really hope it will not happen but if it does happen I think we get the points.

"We have nothing to do with the situation and if the supporters want the game not happening, then we cannot just rearrange the game again and fit it in somewhere in an incredibly busy season.

"People tell us we are fine, we go there and play the game hopefully and go home. But in a situation like this, always the other team should get the points because they have nothing to do with it and they have prepared for it."

Last year's match, the first in Premier League history to be postponed because of fan protests, was meant to be played behind closed doors because of the coronavirus pandemic.

However, thousands of United supporters gathered outside the ground in the hours before the scheduled kick-off before around 200 fans broke into the stadium.

Asked about the planned protests against the Glazer family, United boss Erik ten Hag said: "I can only say the owners want to win - and the fans, we want them behind the club.

"I can understand sometimes but I am not that long in the club that I can see all the backgrounds, but we have to be unified and fight together."

Both teams will be searching for a first win of the season, with Liverpool having drawn their first two games and United starting with back-to-back defeats.

Ten Hag wants to see more "fighting spirit" from his side when they take on their rivals on Monday.

"It starts with yourself," he said. "Act as a team. Follow the rules and principles and work hard, as hard as you can maximise. If you do that, then you get confidence.

"It's a week that's normal as a manager. That you see a game, you have a plan, a way of play and then you check how the game went.

"And then you analyse and you see what's wrong and what's good. Now obviously, a lot went wrong [in the 4-0 defeat to Brentford], but what I say is you don't have to talk about anything when the attitude is not right."
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2022, 11:26:17 pm »
Is it still possible that idiots will try to get this game called off? I guess it’s probably the biggest game of the season as far as TV viewers are concerned.

If something does happen then award the points to us as that’s the best deterrent.
#JFT97

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2022, 11:31:04 pm »
Still irks that they got away with getting the match called off last year without any repercussions and we weren't awarded the victory. I expect the match will take place but if it doesn't, it wouldn't surprise me if it gets rearranged again.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2022, 01:11:30 am »
Still irks that they got away with getting the match called off last year without any repercussions and we weren't awarded the victory. I expect the match will take place but if it doesn't, it wouldn't surprise me if it gets rearranged again.
It worked out well for us because they were in better form then. We smashed them and they ended up carrying that poor form into the Europa League final and the subsequent season.

Offline Oddbod

• Kopite
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2022, 01:20:53 am »
We're boss, they're shite. End of.

Not arsed about the team.

Manchester United 0-4 Liverpool

Up the fuckin Reds

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2022, 05:21:20 am »
Got a feeling our season starts here, they are in disarray, grab an early goal and this could be a walk over. It's up to us to take our game to them, we are the better team all over the pitch so let's make it count.

3-0 to the mighty Reds!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #187 on: August 21, 2022, 05:22:22 am »
Aren't you contradicting your own opening remark here?

You're complaining about Klopp engaging with Talksport while also pinning your own anxiety on the hollow nonsense that will emerge from the exact same media outlet if Liverpool don't win.

I'm no fan of Talksport - probably not listened to it in about 10 years. I only know about it through clipped videos on social media. However, tabloid media should also be exposed as and when it is appropriate. Klopp was also distancing himself from the 'United are awful' narrative that he was being encouraged to engage in.

Spot on.
Wet knickered fannies who care more about what rival fans / the media think about us than actually rallying round and supporting the team/manager do my fucking head in.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2022, 08:33:42 am »
Spot on.
Wet knickered fannies who care more about what rival fans / the media think about us than actually rallying round and supporting the team/manager do my fucking head in.

Exactly, I've never given a toss how the media portray us no matter how we're getting on, especially in this day and age of moronic, piss taking pundits stealing a living.

As for rival fans, I don't know any, they only exist on Twitter, non LFC footy forums and other such social media shite. If you engage in any of them, surely you know what to expect, so why bother with them.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2022, 09:36:48 am »
Must win game this.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 21, 2022, 09:53:26 am »
Some mad talk here of easy wins etc... Yes we may win 4/5 nil again but right now we just need a win any type of win against our traditional biggest rival who usually have the officials onside also. I'd take a a 1-0 right now if i could and move on.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2022, 09:59:55 am »
Exactly, I've never given a toss how the media portray us no matter how we're getting on, especially in this day and age of moronic, piss taking pundits stealing a living.

As for rival fans, I don't know any, they only exist on Twitter, non LFC footy forums and other such social media shite. If you engage in any of them, surely you know what to expect, so why bother with them.

I’m with you on this. My mates are Reds and we can have realistic conversations. My live in grandson is a Blue but we talk football rather than engage in mindless banter.

Unfortunately a couple of posters seem to be influenced by that type of crap.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2022, 10:33:27 am »
It worked out well for us because they were in better form then. We smashed them and they ended up carrying that poor form into the Europa League final and the subsequent season.

It's not so much that and I can say now this without sour grapes because we won but it's more the principle of it and how clubs should be tangibly punished in situations like that, mainly as a deterrent. If their fans truly cared about getting their owners out because they're parasites and their club is going nowhere, 3 points is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2022, 10:38:30 am »
There is no way we would get awarded the points. The TV companies would want to get paid and get the audience and at this stage, they would find a slot in the fixture list, probably in the second half of the season.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2022, 10:48:44 am »
I can’t be arsed thinking about weeks in which City may drop points or where we can catch them up. I love a title race but thinking about making up 6 or 7 points in August is bollocks.

See, its logic like this that genuinely perplexes me. If we were 6 points behind City with 5 games to go then there'd be a reasonably good chance of catching them. Granted, it'd be somewhat of an ask, but it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for us to pull it off. 1 loss for City in a situation like that would have us breathing down their necks going into the final straight. No one would be throwing in the towel. Yet somehow, a 6 point gap with 35 games remaining supposedly makes the title a complete write off? As I say, I just don't get the line of thinking, I really don't

I don't mean to sound provocative here, nor am I aiming this directly at you in any way, but just because you might be the type who doesn't have the stomach for a fight doesn't mean our players are of an equally shithousely nature. Nor does it mean the wider fanbase share your shithousely genes. If you want to throw your towel in in August then go ahead. Just don't expect the rest of us to tolerate your shithousiness, because it ain't a good look

Again, I'm not aiming that directly at you. It's aimed at the few on here who seem to think we're just going to lie down and let City walk this
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2022, 10:49:24 am »
Monday night games are shite.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2022, 10:58:00 am »
There is no way we would get awarded the points. The TV companies would want to get paid and get the audience and at this stage, they would find a slot in the fixture list, probably in the second half of the season.

This bullshit nearly cost us a CL place last time. The original United game fell okay for us schedule wise and then got rescheduled for Thursday night before we then had to go to West Brom on the Sunday. But for Ali's goal in the last minute the top 4 would have been out of our hands due to that crap.

If it was us we'd have had the book thrown at us, followed by the bookcase.

Monday night games are shite.

Easily the worst day of the week for football. Friday-Sunday are part of the weekend. Tuesday-Thursday break the week up a bit.

Sky basically brought in Monday night football from America, it's shite. Hopefully that's our quotas done now.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 11:02:30 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2022, 11:08:31 am »
Isn’t there a deadline for rearranged games, that they have to be rescheduled within a certain time period? Can’t just shift a game from August to say January, whatever the reason. IF it gets called off, they forfeit. The PL ought to be making a statement to that effect now, if only to act as a deterrent to their horde of unhinged green and gold gobshites.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: August 21, 2022, 11:16:35 am »

This.

As ever with the Premier League, they haven't made clear rules around this sort of thing. It was why the whole 'null and void' thing was allowed to dominate as they just haven't set out clear rules. They should come out and make it a rule that if a match is called off due to fans, that club will forfeit the match. If it was 2 sets of fans that caused it then 0 points for both sides.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 21, 2022, 11:32:48 am »
See, its logic like this that genuinely perplexes me. If we were 6 points behind City with 5 games to go then there'd be a reasonably good chance of catching them. Granted, it'd be somewhat of an ask, but it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for us to pull it off. 1 loss for City in a situation like that would have us breathing down their necks going into the final straight. No one would be throwing in the towel. Yet somehow, a 6 point gap with 35 games remaining supposedly makes the title a complete write off? As I say, I just don't get the line of thinking, I really don't

I don't mean to sound provocative here, nor am I aiming this directly at you in any way, but just because you might be the type who doesn't have the stomach for a fight doesn't mean our players are of an equally shithousely nature. Nor does it mean the wider fanbase share your shithousely genes. If you want to throw your towel in in August then go ahead. Just don't expect the rest of us to tolerate your shithousiness, because it ain't a good look

Again, I'm not aiming that directly at you. It's aimed at the few on here who seem to think we're just going to lie down and let City walk this
I get where you're coming from mate. I think she's referring to the effect it'd have on our momentum and theirs which is true but you're also right because we wouldn't declare ourselves champions if we were in that position.

Some of us are just jaded after near misses but we have to remember that the all-conquering City almost bottled a 14-point lead last season despite the clear advantage they had (lighter calendar and the ability to switch to another sport and play basketball). They are good but I think we tend to overrate them.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 11:35:10 am by MonsLibpool »