Author Topic: The UK have acccepted Brexit  (Read 5506 times)

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The UK have acccepted Brexit
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2022, 10:21:00 pm »
One thing for sure, won’t be voting Labour if they stick to the status quo. My kids are all in their early 20s, too young to vote in 2016 and would all have voted remain, so lots of lost votes for Labour.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2022, 10:32:43 pm »
I don't accept Brexit, but I am pragmatic. It is the reality for the foreseeable future.

Until the country endures even more pain - pain beyond that which we've already endured, and beyond what even the rancid right can convince the British people is somehow just down to the EU behaving likes dicks - then public opinion on the matter will remain one of lethargic acceptance.

If you don't want to vote Labour because they refuse to change things in the immediacy, that's fair enough. But after 12 years of Tories and what they have already managed to do, be mindful of what that will bring.

They are not "as bad as each other".
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2022, 09:00:20 am »
One great thing about Brexit is that racist xenophobic twats can be trolled on in social media and in real life for fun.

I've had more than one "You won, get over it" laughs against racists while on holiday :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2022, 07:44:44 am »
Massive care staff hiring from abroad.

So much winning.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2022, 08:01:36 am »
Massive care staff hiring from abroad.

So much winning.

In my area where I live (Jersey, Channel Islands) loads of Polish and Portuguese (my own Nationality) have left the Hospitality and similar sectors and now the island is hiring from Africa and Philippines etc cause Europeans have no interest being here.

Another Brexit win of keeping things in house  :butt

I myself had to sign a "residency status" thing even though I've lived here 20 years and you go on some sort of "foreigner registry"

Online Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2022, 08:16:59 am »
One thing for sure, won’t be voting Labour if they stick to the status quo. My kids are all in their early 20s, too young to vote in 2016 and would all have voted remain, so lots of lost votes for Labour.

You'd prefer the conservatives in power rather than a labour government then just because of one particular policy issue?

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2022, 08:21:54 am »

Its probably pertinent to  point out that Wales has a Labour government and the voting age is 16. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 5, 2022, 12:02:18 pm »
You'd prefer the conservatives in power rather than a labour government then just because of one particular policy issue?

That kind of attitude has always struck me as odd, people would rather vote for the worst case scenario or not vote if the alternative was not a perfect match for them, despite it being far closer to what they'd want.

This is something the left desperately needs to learn from the right, you don't have to hold out for perfect if you can get acceptable now, it is vastly easier to drag things from acceptable towards your ideal if you are the ones in power, as seen by the handmaid's tale playing out in the states these days.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #88 on: September 5, 2022, 12:16:45 pm »
That kind of attitude has always struck me as odd, people would rather vote for the worst case scenario or not vote if the alternative was not a perfect match for them, despite it being far closer to what they'd want.

This is something the left desperately needs to learn from the right, you don't have to hold out for perfect if you can get acceptable now, it is vastly easier to drag things from acceptable towards your ideal if you are the ones in power, as seen by the handmaid's tale playing out in the states these days.

I'll vote for the party/candidate whose policies most reflect my opinions.

But then, I reside in a very safe Labour seat. If I lived in a maginal, there are some lections I'd hold my nose and vote Labour. Wouldn't fill me with pleasure, though, and would be very much a case of 'slightly less shite than the Tories'.

Unfortunately, though, on the majority of core policy*, Labour don't reflect my opinions. Indeed, I think they're far closer to the Tories that they are to me.

* taxation, public spending, privatisation/outsourcing, workers'/union rights, tax-dodging, motorcycles
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #89 on: September 5, 2022, 12:45:04 pm »

I'll vote for the party/candidate whose policies most reflect my opinions.

But then, I reside in a very safe Labour seat. If I lived in a maginal, there are some lections I'd hold my nose and vote Labour. Wouldn't fill me with pleasure, though, and would be very much a case of 'slightly less shite than the Tories'.

Unfortunately, though, on the majority of core policy*, Labour don't reflect my opinions. Indeed, I think they're far closer to the Tories that they are to me.

* taxation, public spending, privatisation/outsourcing, workers'/union rights, tax-dodging, motorcycles

Are you a closet Hells Angel?