Author Topic: India - deteriorating?  (Read 61605 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: India - deteriorating?
« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2022, 12:07:22 am »
https://twitter.com/sunny_hundal/status/1571927657050415104
decent exploration of some of the events here, from a journalist who's followed events since the early stages at the end of August

there's just fuck loads of young men out there clearly with fuck all going on in their lives, and no apparent responsibilities, who think fundamentalism and sectarianism is a good option.

that's a bad thing in any community, but throw in religious and political differences and i'm pessimistic about prospects of this staying as 'calm' as it is for much longer. have to hope this doesn't simultaneously flare up further discontent in other uk cities and towns too.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2022, 11:20:48 am »
https://twitter.com/ainajkhan/status/1571636803852967939?s=20&t=UpHwSNtxUaF6uW2kMwiSdQ

the video of the two men and helmet man shouting at the reporter is very symbolic of what is going on at the moment. just a lot of angry misinformed voices spreading panics and misinformation. nasty people.
YNWA.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2022, 05:35:40 pm »
https://twitter.com/ainajkhan/status/1571636803852967939?s=20&t=UpHwSNtxUaF6uW2kMwiSdQ

the video of the two men and helmet man shouting at the reporter is very symbolic of what is going on at the moment. just a lot of angry misinformed voices spreading panics and misinformation. nasty people.
"Jai Shri Ram" is technically the same as "Allahu-Akbar".

You can say both phrases humbly without any problem. Say them with bravado to showoff. Shout to provoke. Or, use them as a war cry during violence.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2022, 10:12:23 pm »
Apparently there was a group of 200 Muslims gathering outside a mandir tonight in Birmingham.

Tomorrow there will probably be 200 Hindus outside a mosque in Wembley or somewhere no doubt.

And the cycle continues…
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2022, 03:50:05 pm »
Apparently there was a group of 200 Muslims gathering outside a mandir tonight in Birmingham.

Tomorrow there will probably be 200 Hindus outside a mosque in Wembley or somewhere no doubt.

And the cycle continues…

Gather them all in a huge football stadium, put a big pile of weapons in the centre-circle, and let them go at each other. If they think they're so fucking hard.

I'm sure Sky would buy the TV rights.

Could use the old Commonwealth Games stadium in Manchester; it's usually empty or half-empty.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2022, 04:20:04 pm »

And the cycle continues…

Boys who would be dead of starvation on the side of a street in a couple of weeks in their beloved India or Pakistan if they had to make their own way up there in life, no safety net, no protection, nothing that even the UK's creaking system provides. There's a reason loads of major companies globally have top execs from that region these days, you can make it up there on merit the rest of the world is a piece of piss.

These c*nts go the other way instead and take the elevator down, what a shitshow.

As Nobby said, set a place for all those who want the aggro to go at each other and let them kill themselves. Not one of these fannies will turn up, always in groups holding hands and picking on easy targets.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2022, 12:25:40 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZI04-3vwC0 - I Was Put Up ‘For Sale' as a Muslim Woman

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2022, 12:55:46 am »
Two things happened recently.

First, an anti-establishment online portal has been caught fabricating evidence to back up one particular story of theirs. https://restofworld.org/2022/the-wire-vs-meta-india/

Second,
In India, New Wave of Trauma as 11 Convicted of Rape and Murder Walk Free: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/20/world/asia/india-rape-muslim-hindu.html
Apparently this was okayed by the Central govt. https://theprint.in/opinion/to-the-point/bilkis-bano-rapists-release-isnt-just-hindu-muslim-issue-bjp-leaders-telling-nobodys-safe/1174677/

They were released for 'good behaviour'. https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/nation/bilkis-bano-case-during-parole-convict-bhatt-was-booked-for-outraging-modesty-442845

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #208 on: November 6, 2022, 03:53:02 pm »
BJP winning 4 of the 6 by-elections it contested, and coming way closer in a 5th one than I expected.

They aren't going away soon looks like
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 6, 2022, 08:50:46 pm »
BJP winning 4 of the 6 by-elections it contested, and coming way closer in a 5th one than I expected.

They aren't going away soon looks like

Was anyone expecting them to? They have a very friendly media and very weak opposition in most states so they are there for the foreseeable unfortunately.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 6, 2022, 10:04:30 pm »
The Haryana assembly seat would have been INC's. Kuldeep Bishnoi joined BJP only recently. But it's a pattern. BJP is quick to sport infighting in other parties and recruit with money.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #211 on: November 7, 2022, 01:06:54 pm »
Was anyone expecting them to? They have a very friendly media and very weak opposition in most states so they are there for the foreseeable unfortunately.

I thought they'd lose in Bihar to be honest. It was basically 3 parties against one
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2022, 05:17:06 pm »
You can Google and read more about him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambhaji_Bhide

Rishi Sunak's mother-in-law touched his feet in reverence recently. :D

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #213 on: November 10, 2022, 05:18:39 pm »
You can Google and read more about him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambhaji_Bhide

Rishi Sunak's mother-in-law touched his feet in reverence recently. :D

Did she touch his Hi Risk Anus?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2022, 05:25:22 pm »

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 8, 2022, 07:24:28 pm »
BJP have held Gujrat, zero surprise there obviously (Modi’s home state for anyone not familiar).

BJP have lost Himachel, which was as expected as the state has flipped at the last 9 elections apparently.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 24, 2022, 10:32:40 pm »
Horrible op-ed in WSJ. https://www.wsj.com/articles/brown-university-discriminates-against-south-asians-caste-india-affirmative-action-britain-census-court-11671634272

> Brown University Discriminates Against South Asians: Its prohibition of ‘caste oppression’ creates a new offense of which only one ethnic group can be guilty.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #217 on: December 24, 2022, 10:36:49 pm »
Horrible op-ed in WSJ. https://www.wsj.com/articles/brown-university-discriminates-against-south-asians-caste-india-affirmative-action-britain-census-court-11671634272

> Brown University Discriminates Against South Asians: Its prohibition of ‘caste oppression’ creates a new offense of which only one ethnic group can be guilty.

Can’t read the op-ed but can you explain why the caste system isn’t a form of institutional oppression?

A genuine question as I know very little about how relevant the caste system is these days.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 24, 2022, 10:45:20 pm »

Mind of inevitable with Asians unfortunately.

I remember when I was at university, the one I went to had very few Asians to begin with so the few of us that there were all stuck together regardless of whether we were Indian or Pakistani, or Sikh or Hindu or Muslim everyone got along. Unfortunately as the numbers of Asians grew in the following year groups you started seeing the divisions appear and you ended up with a Sikh Punjabi clique, a Hindu Gujarati clique and a Muslim Pakistani clique and then it’s started to get ugly with the occasional fight breaking out, and this is story is just an extension of that I suspect. Once we reach a critical number we start dividing and discriminating. It’s what we do  :butt
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 24, 2022, 11:06:41 pm »
Can’t read the op-ed but can you explain why the caste system isn’t a form of institutional oppression?

A genuine question as I know very little about how relevant the caste system is these days.

Here’s another article on the same story:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/12/07/us/brown-university-caste-protections-cec/index.html

As for how relevant the caste system is, it’s still very relevant but definitely less than it was in the past. The main area where it’s relevant in my experience is in terms of marriage over here, but back home it’s still very much a thing, when it comes to say how a village is divided you’ll have one area that’s where the lower castes live with their own religious buildings, and then the higher caste side will have their own side of the village with its own religious buildings. But I also remember say for example my dads parents being quite welcoming to everyone into their house regardless of how low they supposedly were, where as my mums mum who was a saint in every other way was much less accommodating in how she spoke about people from other castes to our own. And as with most things in India, it’s so damn big it’s very hard to make generalisations.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 25, 2022, 02:10:35 am »

I actually think it's a form of oppression institutionalised in South Asian culture. The op-ed is horrible because it says recognising it is wrong. As expected, the writer is a Hindu right wing sympathiser in America.

How relevant it is? https://theprint.in/india/education/diversity-deficit-in-iims-iits-just-23-sts-and-157-scs-in-9640-faculty-posts/191246/

Works in mysterious ways these days. A casteist professor will not write a good recommendation letter for students belonging to certain castes. A casteist interviewer will not give the job to an applicant belonging to a certain caste.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #221 on: December 25, 2022, 08:55:03 pm »
I actually think it's a form of oppression institutionalised in South Asian culture. The op-ed is horrible because it says recognising it is wrong. As expected, the writer is a Hindu right wing sympathiser in America.

How relevant it is? https://theprint.in/india/education/diversity-deficit-in-iims-iits-just-23-sts-and-157-scs-in-9640-faculty-posts/191246/

Works in mysterious ways these days. A casteist professor will not write a good recommendation letter for students belonging to certain castes. A casteist interviewer will not give the job to an applicant belonging to a certain caste.

So it’s a class based prejudice peculiar, but not exclusive, to South Asians then. ;D

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 26, 2022, 09:40:49 am »
So it’s a class based prejudice peculiar, but not exclusive, to South Asians then. ;D
There's certainly an overlap between caste and class. However, thinking about caste from a class standpoint is very reductive. "Caste" doesn't change across generations. Class can. Moreover, there's ritualistic purity associated with caste. It's borderline racism which is why a preference towards caste endogamy. People broadly think "mixing blood" leads to "inferior" kids.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #223 on: December 26, 2022, 02:25:30 pm »

You can read it here:

https://archive.vn/i9Lh7
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 26, 2022, 08:50:02 pm »

As Bullet says you can change your class, whether by luck or hard work you can obtain money and move up the class ladder, but you can’t change your caste, even if you try your name will give it away a lot of the time and if you have an unusual name or you change your name the assumption is that you changed it to hide your caste and background and therefore you must be of a lower caste because a high cast person wouldn’t change it.

Where it gets even more confusing is higher caste groups will campaign and lobby for their caste to be listed as an ‘Other Backward Caste’ so they get better allocations of things like university places and government jobs because there is a degree of positive discrimination to help lower castes that the higher castes resent because it leaves them at a disadvantage.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2023, 08:37:46 pm »
India: The Modi Question - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0dkb144/india-the-modi-question-series-1-episode-1

Best way to access BBC outside of UK? Just use VPN?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 08:40:22 pm by Bullet500 »

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2023, 10:34:06 pm »
As Bullet says you can change your class, whether by luck or hard work you can obtain money and move up the class ladder, but you can’t change your caste, even if you try your name will give it away a lot of the time and if you have an unusual name or you change your name the assumption is that you changed it to hide your caste and background and therefore you must be of a lower caste because a high cast person wouldn’t change it.

Where it gets even more confusing is higher caste groups will campaign and lobby for their caste to be listed as an ‘Other Backward Caste’ so they get better allocations of things like university places and government jobs because there is a degree of positive discrimination to help lower castes that the higher castes resent because it leaves them at a disadvantage.

Yeah it's quite difficult. I'm not Indian, but I spent a fair few years in India and I can often identify people's religion, where they are from, and sometimes their caste just by knowing their names and seeing what they wear. This is obviously even more apparent to Indians.

I don't think it's all that easy to mask.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 22, 2023, 03:25:37 am »
India blocks YouTube videos and Twitter posts on BBC Modi documentary - https://techcrunch.com/2023/01/21/india-blocks-youtube-videos-and-twitter-posts-on-bbc-modi-documentary/

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 22, 2023, 01:10:13 pm »
Not in the least bit surprised, I wish I was surprised though
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 24, 2023, 11:35:31 am »
India blocks YouTube videos and Twitter posts on BBC Modi documentary - https://techcrunch.com/2023/01/21/india-blocks-youtube-videos-and-twitter-posts-on-bbc-modi-documentary/

Ah, the Hindu-fascists and their Fuhrer Modi.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2023, 01:26:14 pm »
2nd part of that Modi documentary is tonight.

What a detestable disgusting Cretin he is, a Sub Continent Hitler.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 24, 2023, 02:47:13 pm »
2nd part of that Modi documentary is tonight.

What a detestable disgusting Cretin he is, a Sub Continent Hitler.

There's been a few 'Modi-Youth' arseholes on here (or perhaps just one and multiple pseuds)

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2023, 09:16:50 pm »
"Adani Group: How The World’s 3rd Richest Man Is Pulling The Largest Con In Corporate History" - https://hindenburgresearch.com/?p=2376

"Hindenburg’s Short Sell Call Shaves $12 Billion Off Adani Stocks" - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-25/adani-group-stocks-drop-after-hindenburg-takes-short-position

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2023, 09:27:25 pm »

Jamia, JNU: India students angry after screenings of BBC Modi documentary blocked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-64371327

Again, I wish I was surprised but I’m really not.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2023, 09:36:48 pm »
There's been a few 'Modi-Youth' arseholes on here (or perhaps just one and multiple pseuds)
I feel the bigger arseholes are educated/enlightened centrists who side with Modi and promulgate the fascist status quo. These are conscious fascists and they never seem as such. On the other hand, I feel the grassroots workers are just brainwashed youth.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 09:39:24 pm by Bullet500 »

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2023, 09:41:58 pm »
"Adani Group: How The World’s 3rd Richest Man Is Pulling The Largest Con In Corporate History" - https://hindenburgresearch.com/?p=2376

"Hindenburg’s Short Sell Call Shaves $12 Billion Off Adani Stocks" - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-25/adani-group-stocks-drop-after-hindenburg-takes-short-position

The Adanis and the other oligarchs are now too big, too well politically connected and too much a ‘success symbol’ of modern India that even if it all came crashing down the central government will bail them out. More and more domestically the country is turning into a Putinist tribute act.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2023, 09:58:48 pm »
Wasn't he rumoured to be interested in buying us?

:lmao

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2023, 10:10:52 pm »
Wasn't he rumoured to be interested in buying us?

:lmao

To be fair we’ve been linked with just about every billionaire on the planet at some stage or the other in the last couple of months!

I’m sure during the G&H and DIC days Ambani’s name was being thrown about too.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 26, 2023, 05:47:58 am »
Finally got a chance to watch the two Modi documentaries.

Pretty hard hitting. When I was living in India I said it to my Indian mates who were siding with Modi, but not exactly fans, and my ex-gf who was Bhakt. It was pretty clear to me what was happening. My mates were like "yeah, but he is doing X and Y good... There just isn't a solid opposition after Congress being in for years and being caught up in all the corruption". I was still hoping that they would somehow get in, but it wasn't to be as they are massively unpopular over the last decades.

India is my favorite country on this planet. I love the people, food, and culture for the most part. I really hope they can sort this out before it escalates beyond repair.

I definitely noticed more tension and more remarks as my time there continued. I was there from 2016-2020 for the most part. The demonetization, Kashmir scandal, Delhi riots, the new document system. It was all a bit of a mess.

I always thought that it made sense just to give Kashmir what they want. They hate Hindu-Indians, Hindu-Indians hate them, and I had a few bad experiences with them over the years as well (not to say they're all bad lads, just that they are marginalised in their country so act out a bit more). Why not jut let them go? Strengthens them? closer to Delhi? Showing weakeness? Controversial opinion I think,but I can't see another option that makes more sense. Why not just remove the problem and give them their independence. They'll never be at peace or peaceful - so just let it go. Of course,ultimately, I know nothing. Just how I see it and would love to hear why this isn't the case. I've said it for years now.

Also, if there any more episodes of the doc or was that it I would assume?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 03:57:18 pm by deano2727 »

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 26, 2023, 08:35:22 am »
Just another Partition related cock-up by the British I am afraid, there was no way they should have allowed Kashmir not to be included in Pakistan when the boundaries were drawn up, but then again the Dogra family that ruled Kashmir were among the slipperiest bastards in all of Indian history.
Thinking is overrated.