Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 339750 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chelsea FC - Sponsored by “The Liquidator"
« Reply #27080 on: August 3, 2022, 06:21:11 pm »
I'd love it, just love it if they buy De Jong and that leads to Barcelona buying Silva
and Utd buying Winks

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27081 on: August 3, 2022, 07:45:55 pm »
Is this the Hazard money Chelsea are spending, or the money they saved when they were banned for 2 windows so couldn't sign anyone but still spent £100m?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27082 on: August 3, 2022, 07:49:45 pm »
Is this the Hazard money Chelsea are spending, or the money they saved when they were banned for 2 windows so couldn't sign anyone but still spent £100m?

They've been self sustaining for nigh on 12 years though, so it's all good.

Chelsea will be self-sufficient by next year, says Kenyon
Tue 2 Dec 2008 00.01 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/02/chelsea-premierleague

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #27083 on: August 3, 2022, 07:50:35 pm »
Moneybags Chelsea seem to be disrupting our friends down the motorway with these De Jong/Cucurella offers.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27084 on: August 3, 2022, 07:51:55 pm »
Boehy negotiating for players seems like Alan Partridge putting in an offer for a house.

“How much do you want for your LB?”

“£50 million”

“Would you take £49,999,995?”

Negotiations are easy if you just agree to their price.

My 5’4 bastard left back.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27085 on: August 3, 2022, 07:55:06 pm »
New owners doesn’t negate the despicable shitstain that this club still represents.

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #27086 on: August 3, 2022, 08:00:03 pm »
£52 mill for Marc Cucurella, that’s some hefty money, Chelsea yet again splashing a load of cash.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27087 on: August 3, 2022, 08:13:12 pm »
Daniel Storey
@danielstorey85
Pretty amazing that a club can see Marc Cucurella move for £10m and then £16m in consecutive summers and not fancy him at that price, but then pay £52.5m 12 months later.

https://twitter.com/danielstorey85/status/1554901539017334784
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27088 on: August 3, 2022, 08:13:31 pm »
£52 mill for Marc Cucurella, that’s some hefty money, Chelsea yet again splashing a load of cash.
All the while lowering standards after the numerous consecutive knockbacks they’ve suffered this window. It’s interesting as that almost never happened under Abramovich.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #27089 on: August 3, 2022, 08:21:04 pm »
£52.5 million, good heavens
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27090 on: August 3, 2022, 08:38:51 pm »
Such a weird club. Selling Colwill, and they sold that Guehi to Palace quite recently too, who is now doing very well, and is highly rated.

Yet here they are scrambling for central defenders, signing a 5’9” fullback for 52 mill who may end up playing as a left sided central defender in a back 3.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27091 on: August 3, 2022, 08:47:21 pm »
They've been saving up the £40k pw they've saved since Winston Bogarde was out of contract in 2004.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27092 on: August 3, 2022, 08:49:06 pm »
New owners doesn’t negate the despicable shitstain that this club still represents.

Absolutely spot on. Detestable c*nts from top to bottom.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27093 on: August 3, 2022, 08:50:53 pm »
Such a weird club. Selling Colwill, and they sold that Guehi to Palace quite recently too, who is now doing very well, and is highly rated.

Yet here they are scrambling for central defenders, signing a 5’9” fullback for 52 mill who may end up playing as a left sided central defender in a back 3.

And Tomori, who just won the Scudetto as a mainstay in that Milan backline!
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #27094 on: August 3, 2022, 08:51:26 pm »
@OfficialBHAFC
CLUB STATEMENT: MARC CUCURELLA.

Contrary to inaccurate reports from numerous media outlets this evening, no agreement has been reached with any club to sell Marc Cucurella.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27095 on: August 3, 2022, 08:52:54 pm »
@OfficialBHAFC

Contrary to inaccurate reports from numerous media outlets this evening, no agreement has been reached with any club to sell Marc Cucurella.

Oh look, tap-in wrong yet again.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #27096 on: August 3, 2022, 08:54:19 pm »

Colwill supposedly on a buy back clause.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #27097 on: August 3, 2022, 09:00:39 pm »
And Tomori, who just won the Scudetto as a mainstay in that Milan backline!

Guehi, Tomori and Colwill all could have been part of something, but bar Mount and James (due to a transfer ban), Chelsea have zero patience and will sell these players on for a shiny new toy, only to clamour to get players like them back (i.e DeBruyne, Salah, Lukaku first time around)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #27098 on: August 3, 2022, 09:02:01 pm »
@OfficialBHAFC

:lmao What a circus this window has been

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #27099 on: August 3, 2022, 11:03:31 pm »
They are in discussions to sign Auba from Barca apparently

Batshit crazy for both parties
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27100 on: August 4, 2022, 12:01:57 am »
This is gonna end in tears for Chelsea. Too many new players to bed in..

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27101 on: August 4, 2022, 12:11:30 am »
My 5’4 bastard left back.

Whats that little thing?

It's A-rrizabalaga

Hmm, get rid of it

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #27102 on: August 4, 2022, 12:20:13 am »
They are in discussions to sign Auba from Barca apparently

Batshit crazy for both parties

They're just bouncing all over the place. Surely Depay would be a better fit. I wonder if Barcelona would want Alonso and Azpilicueta in return.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27103 on: August 4, 2022, 12:29:43 am »
Whats that little thing?

It's A-rrizabalaga

Hmm, get rid of it

Very futuristic. You could imagine Bruce Buck taking a dump in that.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27104 on: August 4, 2022, 06:09:26 am »
I hope they get Aubameyang. He ll be back in Dubai in 3 months .

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27105 on: August 4, 2022, 10:23:07 am »
Cucurella is a really strange one.  The little I saw of him he looks a good player but he's predominantly a left back or a left-sided central defender at a push.  They already have the fit-again Chilwell, Alonso and Emerson as left-backs and just spent a small fortune on a new left-sided central defender in Koulibaly.

Arguably Cucurella will be their best left back but there's really not much in it between him and the other £50m left back they already have.  I'd get it in the early Mourinho/Abramovic days when money was meaningless but they've got a lot of other areas that need strengthening more.  It only feels like a few days ago that they were chasing countless right-sided central defenders.

This transfer splurge can't be repeated without some serious player sales - something they've failed at spectacularly so far - and, for me, they've pretty much wasted the bonanza budget.  I'd go as far as to say they've spent £150m and will drop out of the top four.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27106 on: August 4, 2022, 10:27:19 am »
Whilst I'm ranting about Chelsea, they were all praising Granovskaia last summer for balancing the books whilst signing Lukaku.  Tomori and Zouma would walk into their team now (albeit the latter is a horrible c**t) while Abraham is another Chelsea sale that will return to the Premier League in a few season's at three times the price they sold for.  The less said about Lukaku the better!

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27107 on: August 4, 2022, 10:31:41 am »
Oh look, tap-in wrong yet again.

Tap-in finding it more difficult since they signed Sterling.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #27108 on: August 4, 2022, 10:34:54 am »
Its maybe the most batshit crazy transfer window I can remember. Chelsea and Barca right at the head of the line but United doing some odd business, Arsenal and Spurs with a few eyebrow raisers, Newcastle not doing as much as everyone expected, the Italian sides pretty quiet. But Chelseas is just absolutely bizarre.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27109 on: August 4, 2022, 10:35:01 am »
Guehi, Tomori and Colwill all could have been part of something, but bar Mount and James (due to a transfer ban), Chelsea have zero patience and will sell these players on for a shiny new toy, only to clamour to get players like them back (i.e DeBruyne, Salah, Lukaku first time around)

Makes you wonder what makes those who manage to creep in different.

What made Chalobah different from those you named? Talented player dont get me wrong but is he better than Tomori for example?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27110 on: August 4, 2022, 10:44:02 am »
Makes you wonder what makes those who manage to creep in different.

What made Chalobah different from those you named? Talented player dont get me wrong but is he better than Tomori for example?
I guess the only difference is that nobody came in with a serious bid for Chalobah.  We've seen it ourselves where we've not necessarily sold the player we wanted to because the bid came in on another who was higher rated but deemed replaceable (Neco this summer, for example).

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27111 on: August 4, 2022, 11:48:08 am »
Chalobah was luck/circumstance. If they'd got Kounde early last summer like they'd planned he'd have not been part of the team. And think he was only sticking round initially as they needed squad numbers after the Euro's.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27112 on: August 4, 2022, 01:20:43 pm »
I guess the only difference is that nobody came in with a serious bid for Chalobah.  We've seen it ourselves where we've not necessarily sold the player we wanted to because the bid came in on another who was higher rated but deemed replaceable (Neco this summer, for example).

I mean more in regards to him being given a decent amount of minutes instead of being shipped out on loan. Chalobahs been talked up for years so had a good enough reputation you would expect being available for a loan would have drummed up interest.

I say this with limited knowledge on their respective minutes for the club

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27113 on: August 4, 2022, 04:44:13 pm »
Some rumors going around that Chelsea are in talks with Michael Edwards to become their next sporting director.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27114 on: August 4, 2022, 04:46:44 pm »
Some rumors going around that Chelsea are in talks with Michael Edwards to become their next sporting director.

Maybe they're deliberating trying to fuck things up with their current transfer approach in order to create enough of a challenge to entice him. Now it all becomes clear.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #27115 on: August 4, 2022, 05:19:29 pm »
Azpilicueta reportedly signing a 2 year extension. He turns 33 at the end of the month

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27116 on: August 4, 2022, 11:32:06 pm »
I can't figure out if they are all on crack, or if this is pure publicity stunt -  although they do seem to be serious about most of the players they're linked with given their recent signings ....

from the bbc Gossip page tonight:

Chelsea have had an initial £60m bid for Leicester City's 21-year-old French defender Wesley Fofana rejected. (Mail)

The Blues are now considering an improved offer of £70m for Fofana. (Times - subscription required)

Barcelona are willing to offload 33-year-old Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Chelsea. (Mirror)

Manchester United are set to walk away from a bidding war with Chelsea for the signature of Barcelona and Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong, 25. (Mirror)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27117 on: August 4, 2022, 11:44:30 pm »
If Tap-In has stolen it from a good source, they are paying £62 mill for Cuccurella  :o

No pressure on Tuchel this season lol.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #27118 on: August 5, 2022, 12:30:24 am »
I think Boehly is living his best life. Flying around Europe, eating and drinking well and making deals until Tuchel tells him no. Sounds pretty nice to me. In the end he'll hire a front office to clean up the mess he's making now and nobody will care long term.

As far as Cucerella, it's probably the same mistake FSG made with Carroll because MLB trades are always looked at from the "net" perspective and not what it does to the market overall. Boehly probably only views it as a ~£40m price or whatever after the Colwill fee from Brighton in return. That's just not the way European football markets work though and now he's setting a bad precedent for his club as far as what they're willing to pay for sub-superstar level players in that position.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #27119 on: August 5, 2022, 02:41:53 am »
If Tap-In has stolen it from a good source, they are paying £62 mill for Cuccurella  :o

No pressure on Tuchel this season lol.

Marc Cucarella would have to be the next Ashley Cole to justify that fee. It's a ridiculous fee that sets a precedent going forward. Brighton have taken them to the cleaners