Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 336297 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Chelsea FC - Sponsored by “The Liquidator"
« Reply #26960 on: July 16, 2022, 10:29:27 am »
And giving 31yr olds 4 year deals on massive money.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26961 on: July 16, 2022, 06:51:39 pm »
Hopefully, Maybe

However, as someone might say; I bet you thought the same the summer of 2003!

Many fans thought Roman and his spending wouldn't last and I suppose their grandkids can now gloat about how their ancestors were eventually proven right!  ;)

Even if so, this matters much less if Chelsea's owners are prepared to fund losses and ours aren't, weren't Chelsea's owners forced to agree to pump in 1.7b over 10 yrs? We seem to be seeing this involves purchasing high value players, we'll see...

£1.7bn can’t be for players. FFP... it’s not 2003 anymore.

It will be earmarked for a new stadium etc.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26962 on: July 16, 2022, 09:42:14 pm »
And giving 31yr olds 4 year deals on massive money.
Somebody more educated in Italian football and the Senegal national team will likely correct me on this but Koulibaly has, as far as I know, predominantly played in back fours.  Football is football but new team, new league and new formation leaves plenty of room for things to go wrong.

Chelsea's transfers so far have a very post-Fergie Man U feel about them and that's definitely not a compliment.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #26963 on: July 16, 2022, 10:12:18 pm »
Somebody more educated in Italian football and the Senegal national team will likely correct me on this but Koulibaly has, as far as I know, predominantly played in back fours.  Football is football but new team, new league and new formation leaves plenty of room for things to go wrong.

Chelsea's transfers so far have a very post-Fergie Man U feel about them and that's definitely not a compliment.
Exclusively on the left hand side of a back four. Which also makes me wonder why the Kimpembe link and originally Ake - both CBs who’ve virtually only played on the left of a four. I also want to know who is going to be the aerial ball winner for Chelsea - because it certainly won’t be Koulibaly. It was Christensen and Azpilicueta who contested and won the most in the air.

I rate Koulibaly but there were other options that made more long term and economic sense for Chelsea. Elzar summed it up very well a few pages back after I’d given a bit more detail on Koulibaly - they’ve spent a lot of money to essentially replace exactly what Rudiger gave them. Spending money but not necessarily improving.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #26964 on: July 17, 2022, 04:20:31 am »
Reece James just had a lovely Own Goal. Passed the ball right into the net from the right side of the box past Keppa v Club America. 1-1 second half.

FT: Chelsea 2-1 Club America
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 04:51:40 am by 4pool »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #26965 on: July 17, 2022, 04:47:20 am »
Also fwiw, I see Chelsea are into cost saving mode. Not putting players names on the back of their shirt.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26966 on: July 17, 2022, 08:23:17 am »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #26967 on: July 17, 2022, 08:33:34 am »
How do you make money from a football club after buying it for £2.5B?

Thought it was £4.25B

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #26968 on: July 17, 2022, 09:48:06 am »
Will be interesting to see how Koulibaly does. Players over a certain age tend to do badly when they come from Italy.

However, as a centre back maybe that won’t be such a problem? 

Thought it was £4.25B
No, it was £2.5bn with the rest being committed  ‘investment’ which means nothing to be honest
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26969 on: July 17, 2022, 11:06:22 am »
Not scared of these.

Be the same boring dour defensive Football from them, Spurs and Arsenal have made signings to push on, Chelsea haven't.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26970 on: July 18, 2022, 08:45:25 am »
I think Koulibaly will adapt fine. Brilliant player any time I’ve watched him.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26971 on: July 21, 2022, 02:05:43 am »
Lol Batsuyahi is still there.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #26972 on: July 21, 2022, 06:39:36 am »
Beaten by Charlotte FC, I see.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26973 on: July 21, 2022, 06:44:26 am »
Beaten by Charlotte FC, I see.

Are they good, Charlotte?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26974 on: July 21, 2022, 07:32:53 am »
Lol Batsuyahi is still there.
I had to do a double take at this. Bizarre. Apparently he extended his deal two years ago and then hasn’t played for them since. Into the last year of his deal now. Another promising career ruined by Chelsea.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26975 on: July 21, 2022, 07:40:44 am »
I think Koulibaly will adapt fine. Brilliant player any time I’ve watched him.
Yeah I think he will be a good player for them, although Rudiger actually did really well for them, so I don’t think they’ve improved much.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26976 on: July 21, 2022, 07:49:54 am »
How do you make money from a football club after buying it for £2.5B?

I wonder how many years you need just to get your money back?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26977 on: July 21, 2022, 09:30:56 am »

Good enough to beat Chelsea.  :lmao

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26978 on: July 21, 2022, 09:35:39 am »
That Conor Gallagher penalty is something. Can't quite figure out what he's trying to do. Almost like he's going for a panenka but doesn't catch it properly so it just trickles harmlessly to the goalie.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26979 on: July 21, 2022, 10:49:58 am »
fucking hell, Charlatan FC lost to Charlotte FC?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26980 on: July 21, 2022, 10:51:20 am »
Yeah I think he will be a good player for them, although Rudiger actually did really well for them, so I don’t think they’ve improved much.
Exactly, hated him but i think Rudiger during Chelsea years was very good for them.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26981 on: July 21, 2022, 11:04:44 am »
Yeah, I think he will be a good player for them, although Rudiger did well for them, so I don’t think they’ve improved much.
I reckon Rüdiger is better because he used to keep Salah quiet. Koulibaly routinely gets embarrassed by him. He sometimes gives that Sakho vibe.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #26982 on: July 21, 2022, 11:10:51 am »

Predictable, Young & Hopeless.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26983 on: July 21, 2022, 11:15:56 am »
Predictable, Young & Hopeless.

Was that their new front three?

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #26984 on: July 21, 2022, 11:18:34 am »
Was that their new front three?

Just a harmless bunch of Girls & Boys leading the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

(Ok, I’m just googling Good Charlotte songs).
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #26985 on: July 21, 2022, 12:21:16 pm »

Predictable
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #26986 on: July 21, 2022, 12:27:48 pm »
I had to do a double take at this. Bizarre. Apparently he extended his deal two years ago and then hasn’t played for them since. Into the last year of his deal now. Another promising career ruined by Chelsea.

Yet he signed that contract. He’s been there at least 6 years now, he’s only ever started 6 games in league and CL in that time, and been on 5 loans.

I get that they likely made promises of game time to him when he signed that deal and are paying him far more than he’d get when he has to drop down a level to get a new team. But these players are either greedy and/or stupid if they keep signing new deals. They know how Chelsea operate.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26987 on: July 21, 2022, 05:03:09 pm »

And Thiago Silva turns 38 at the start of the season so another year older and will be desperate for that one last crack at the World Cup mid-season so will be focusing on that (guaranteed to have two worldies against us of course.. Azpilucueta likely leaving as well with Rudiger and Christensen so it forces them to spend a lot on the defence without necessarily improving it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #26988 on: July 21, 2022, 05:07:21 pm »
And Thiago Silva turns 38 at the start of the season so another year older and will be desperate for that one last crack at the World Cup mid-season so will be focusing on that (guaranteed to have two worldies against us of course.. Azpilucueta likely leaving as well with Rudiger and Christensen so it forces them to spend a lot on the defence without necessarily improving it.

I don’t think Koulibaly is on the same level as Rudiger both as a player and for his contribution to Chelsea’s snide quotient.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26989 on: July 21, 2022, 06:02:10 pm »
Kounde, Thiago Silva and Koulibaly would be a good back three.  It's not particularly better than Azpilicueta/Christensen, Thiago Silva and Rudiger though and age profile wise it's similar (Kounde is younger than Azpilicueta but Koulibaly is older than Rudiger).  It's a lot of money spent to pretty much stand still and I'll only be convinced by Koulibaly in a back three once I've actually seen it.

Similarly up-front where they've brought in Sterling but loaned out Lukaku and imminently Ziyech.

I'm guessing this may be the new owners one big splurge transfer window and so far it's all a bit meh.  They still haven't managed to find a taker for the world's most expensive goalkeeper or Werner either, probably because they overpaid for both and put both of contracts no other club will get close to matching.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26990 on: July 21, 2022, 08:59:09 pm »
New Chelsea FC owners raise £800mn of debt to reshape club 

https://www.ft.com/content/430147b0-4792-41ef-9119-528117abcc53
Or to leverage the buy out.

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #26991 on: July 21, 2022, 09:00:53 pm »
New Chelsea FC owners raise £800mn of debt to reshape club 

https://www.ft.com/content/430147b0-4792-41ef-9119-528117abcc53
For non- subscribers of The Financial Times.
Chelsea's new owners raise £800m in debt in order to reshape the club's finances
8 hours ago   /  autty
Chelsea's owners have reportedly raised around £800m in debt to help finance changes to the club and playing squad under the new regime.

Todd Boehly led a consortium that bought the club from Roman Abramovich in May, and the Blues have already been making waves in the transfer market.

Raheem Sterling was the first signing of the new era, the England international joining from Manchester City in a deal worth £50m, while defender Kalidou Koulibaly has also joined from Serie A side Napoli.

However, there is also a desire to make changes off the pitch, with the redevelopment of Stamford Bridge among plans held by Boehly and the board.

According to the Financial Times, the American financier and Clearlake Capital have now raised £800m, which will go towards the playing squad, stadium and academy set up.

Of the funds raised, £300m is part of a revolving credit facility, while the other £500m comes from a term loan.

On taking control at Stamford Bridge, Boehly and Clearlake vowed to invest a further £1.75bn into Chelsea, having bought the club from Abramovich for £2.5bn.

On the pitch, Thomas Tuchel's side are in the midst of a tour of the US. Their latest outing ended in a surprise defeat on penalties by Charlotte FC.

Chelsea appear close to adding their third signing since the takeover, with the Blues having made an improved £55m offer for France defender Jules Kounde.

The Sevilla centre back has already agreed personal terms.

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/Headline/Chelseas-new-owners-raise-%C2%A3800m-in-debt-in-order-to-reshape-the-clubs-finances/2867393#:~:text=Chelsea's%20owners%20have%20reportedly%20raised,waves%20in%20the%20transfer%20market.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26992 on: July 21, 2022, 09:47:55 pm »
So we have our answer - a new Glazer-style group of owners hoping to stay competitive FSG-style.

Not sure those two things can co-exist.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26993 on: July 21, 2022, 09:56:43 pm »
So we have our answer - a new Glazer-style group of owners hoping to stay competitive FSG-style.

Not sure those two things can co-exist.

So many Chelsea fans on twitter thinking they are debt free.....

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #26994 on: July 24, 2022, 06:02:33 am »
Adam Newson
@AdamNewson

Tuchel: "I saw a team in Arsenal who are mentally committed to a level of exhaustion that we could not match physically and mentally because we have a lot of players who are thinking about leaving and looking at their options." #CFC
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #26995 on: July 24, 2022, 06:51:11 am »
Adam Newson
@AdamNewson

Tuchel: "I saw a team in Arsenal who are mentally committed to a level of exhaustion that we could not match physically and mentally because we have a lot of players who are thinking about leaving and looking at their options." #CFC
That's what happens Tommy when you play for a soulless club. I love the turmoil at Chelsea and United, it's reward for all those shitty years where those 2 Clubs blew everyone away with their spending.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26996 on: July 24, 2022, 07:24:59 am »
Adam Newson
@AdamNewson

Tuchel has a bit of Mourinho and Conte about him how he pushes players under the bus, if it goes wrong it could go wrong quick. 2 weeks before the start of the season normally Chelsea have done Ther business and are up and running

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26997 on: July 24, 2022, 07:34:55 am »
I would be surprised if Tuchel lasts the season there.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26998 on: July 24, 2022, 08:09:35 am »
I would be surprised if Tuchel lasts the season there.

Hopefully it unravels for him now. He's been key for them since Lampard left.

Since about November though they haven't done well, apart from their usual game raising against us which ultimately resulted in two cup final defeats and a home league draw.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26999 on: July 24, 2022, 08:17:43 am »
Just watched the highlights - Tuchel’s comments about his side not being willing to commit to Arsenal’s effort levels isn’t just correct, it’s a huge understatement.

Not sure whether that’s evidence of them not being match sharp yet having started training a bit later, or a true problem within the camp because there just seemed to be no effort there. And not ‘I don’t want to get injured in a friendly’ lack of effort, more downing tools levels.