Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 339862 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: Chelsea FC - Sponsored by “The Liquidator"
« Reply #26920 on: July 7, 2022, 10:38:43 am »
Wouldn't expect any less
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #26921 on: July 7, 2022, 10:54:29 am »
It'll be like a million pounds per missing a sitter

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26922 on: July 7, 2022, 01:41:58 pm »
Sterling coming in as their highest earner, according to The Times.
As befits a player that intends to win the Ballon d'Or  :o

The delusions of many professional footballers are really quite staggering.  He made the shortlist in 2021 because of the club he played for and their (not quite) successful European run - he was one of 10 players that played in the final to make the shortlist!

I wonder if him being the highest earner includes the crazy contract they gave to Lukaku.  Either way though having their three highest earners being Sterling, Lukaku and Werner is a fine example of how to waste money.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26923 on: July 9, 2022, 02:39:07 pm »
Kante and Loftus-Cheek are seemingly not able to join the clubs pre-season tour due to vaccination status.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62106151
Justice for the 96!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #26924 on: July 9, 2022, 03:10:30 pm »
Shame about Kante. Thought he was a decent guy
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26925 on: July 9, 2022, 04:58:42 pm »
What makes you think he isn’t?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26926 on: July 9, 2022, 05:30:40 pm »
Floor to ceiling with shithouses, from the rabble that follow them to the players.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #26927 on: July 9, 2022, 09:59:38 pm »
What?  :o

He's a great guy.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26928 on: July 9, 2022, 10:03:21 pm »
What makes you think he isn’t?

Referring to the fact that he’s presumably anti-vax I guess.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #26929 on: July 9, 2022, 10:28:39 pm »
How many times do I need to explain that choosing not to take a covid vaccine for yourself doesn't make you against vaccines in principle???

It's mostly baffling that the Biden admin are still playing this silly game in July 2022 given that anyone can spread that virus no matter their status and that most people took the vaccines long enough that two doses are a bit obsolete.

It’s more baffling that people like you still want to obscure incredibly clear and simple facts in 2022 becuase you’re starting from what you want the answer to be and working back

The vaccine isn’t obsolete after 2 doses that’s simply not true.
And saying  that people can pass the virus vaccinated or not is not remotely the point as I’m sure you probably know. Unvaccianted people pass it exponentially more than vaccinated people and it’s not a close or negligible difference

Not getting a covid vaccine remains a conscious act of societal harm

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #26930 on: July 9, 2022, 10:31:14 pm »
I would, be absolutely livid if I were their manager, livid.

What utter disdain for their job.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26931 on: July 9, 2022, 10:38:51 pm »
So is being a commie ;D

You're still allowed to mind.

Omicron has made sure you need at least three doses to even be remotely protected. Yet the US government insists that two doses is more than enough even though that's basically like being unjabbed at this point.

I'm sure Kanté can stay in prime shape back home anyway. Half of his game is running so he just needs a treadmill and he's good to go.

Your facts are wrong but I can’t be arsed pulling them apart because it clearly isn’t going to sink in.

Kante is entitled to do as he wishes and people are entitled to base their opinions on those actions (or lack of in this instance).

If Kante said ‘I’m not going to America because I believe in demons and there’s lots of demons in America’ people would probably think it’s a bit weird, and the thing that such a claim would share with ‘choosing’ not to get a vaccine would be that both are based on the lack of any good evidence to support them.

People can choose what they want to do and other people can choose whether or not they agree with that or whether of not they like them for doing so which is all that was happening in this thread until you jumped on the subject.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26932 on: July 9, 2022, 10:42:13 pm »

Clearly, vaccinations have helped control covid, as the increase in cases is correlating with vaccinations being given over half a year ago, e.g. https://www.bmj.com/content/377/bmj-2022-070102

https://www.bmj.com/content/377/bmj-2022-070102
« Last Edit: July 9, 2022, 10:50:18 pm by Peabee »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #26933 on: July 9, 2022, 10:45:13 pm »
Your facts are wrong but I can’t be arsed pulling them apart because it clearly isn’t going to sink in.

Ok hope you're boosted if you've got any pre-existing conditions anyway :)
Linudden.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26934 on: July 9, 2022, 10:46:43 pm »
And? It doesn’t mean he can avoid the consequences or the disdain of people who disagree? Of course he’s free not to have the vaccine. It doesn’t mean he can’t be criticised. And clearly there are consequences. I’m not sure what your point is though, are you saying he shouldn’t be criticised or questioned?

I’m saying he should be criticised or questioned, that’s my point.

I think it’s fucking stupid personally unless he’s got some kind of medical intolerance to the vaccine.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26935 on: July 9, 2022, 10:49:30 pm »
I’m saying he should be criticised or questioned, that’s my point.

I think it’s fucking stupid personally unless he’s got some kind of medical intolerance to the vaccine.

Yeah I quoted the  wrong person. Haha.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #26936 on: July 9, 2022, 10:55:24 pm »
Their recruitment is bizarrely scattergun. Ake is really not very good.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #26937 on: July 9, 2022, 10:56:32 pm »

Sterling is a steal though. Pep seems intent on having his house of cards come crashing down judging by which guys are on the chopping block and the fact he just spent more on Kalvin Phillips (!) than he sold Sterling for.

Haaland needs to go full Lewandowski or their summer might turn out to be a proper embarrassment. Whether Chelsea made a mistake to sign Aké though is a different story. I guess they needed to fill the hole Rüdiger left in the squad with a homegrown player at that. Obviously an inferior defender but he can do a job I suppose.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2022, 10:58:16 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #26938 on: July 9, 2022, 11:23:25 pm »
Haaland will go full Lewandowski I can confirm
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #26939 on: July 9, 2022, 11:26:00 pm »
Haaland will go full Lewandowski I can confirm

Tepid has been sportswooshed ;D
Linudden.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26940 on: July 9, 2022, 11:44:59 pm »
If Aké was any good then the Fraud wouldn't be so keen to get rid of him.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26941 on: July 10, 2022, 12:49:35 am »
Lads, take it somewhere else, please. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Back on topic - Sterling is a decent signing, but I'm not sure he would be enough unless Werner or someone steps up.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #26942 on: July 10, 2022, 05:12:57 am »
Lads, take it somewhere else, please. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Back on topic - Sterling is a decent signing, but I'm not sure he would be enough unless Werner or someone steps up.
Couldn't have put it better myself.  ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26943 on: July 10, 2022, 07:52:17 am »
Sterling is a steal though. Pep seems intent on having his house of cards come crashing down judging by which guys are on the chopping block and the fact he just spent more on Kalvin Phillips (!) than he sold Sterling for.

Haaland needs to go full Lewandowski or their summer might turn out to be a proper embarrassment. Whether Chelsea made a mistake to sign Aké though is a different story. I guess they needed to fill the hole Rüdiger left in the squad with a homegrown player at that. Obviously an inferior defender but he can do a job I suppose.

Why are they happy to sell to a rival? Chelsea have recently beat them in a CL final and Tuchel does well against him.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #26944 on: July 10, 2022, 10:22:23 am »
Why are they happy to sell to a rival? Chelsea have recently beat them in a CL final and Tuchel does well against him.

Abu Dhabi have gotten mildly scared of the FFP ever since the court case and are desperate to show a profit in the accounting at any cost even while losing their minds when signing English backups from mid-table clubs for hundreds of millions. Chelsea used that against them with Sterling but possibly against themselves with Aké depending on who you're asking.

I don't think they'd be happy to sell to Liverpool though, it's just that they perceive Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham to be some way behind so they can do business with them. To mention one of the players they're rumoured to be willing to ship: let's pretend that Klopp handed in a bid for Bernardo Silva, then he'd get instantly rejected whereas if Chelsea did they'd consider the offer.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 10:24:38 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26945 on: July 10, 2022, 11:42:45 am »
Abu Dhabi have gotten mildly scared of the FFP ever since the court case and are desperate to show a profit in the accounting at any cost even while losing their minds when signing English backups from mid-table clubs for hundreds of millions. Chelsea used that against them with Sterling but possibly against themselves with Aké depending on who you're asking.

I don't think they'd be happy to sell to Liverpool though, it's just that they perceive Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham to be some way behind so they can do business with them. To mention one of the players they're rumoured to be willing to ship: let's pretend that Klopp handed in a bid for Bernardo Silva, then he'd get instantly rejected whereas if Chelsea did they'd consider the offer.

Ferguson would never sell to us regardless (would have done whatever necessary to stop us signing a bang average left back in Heinze) but he wouldn't sell good players to clubs who were rivalling them for trophies, not to another PL team. Chelsea are a top 3 team, were close to facing City in the CL semi last season, after beating them in the final the year before, are the reigning World Club champions, reached both domestic cup finals and have one of the top managers.

They're clearly a threat to City in terms of winning trophies next season. While Liverpool and City are the best two teams in Europe, Chelsea are in the top 4 or 5, or at least have been under Tuchel.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26946 on: July 10, 2022, 12:59:46 pm »
Ferguson would never sell to us regardless (would have done whatever necessary to stop us signing a bang average left back in Heinze) but he wouldn't sell good players to clubs who were rivalling them for trophies, not to another PL team. Chelsea are a top 3 team, were close to facing City in the CL semi last season, after beating them in the final the year before, are the reigning World Club champions, reached both domestic cup finals and have one of the top managers.

They're clearly a threat to City in terms of winning trophies next season. While Liverpool and City are the best two teams in Europe, Chelsea are in the top 4 or 5, or at least have been under Tuchel.

During Fergie's time the Spanish and Italian clubs had more money, so a sale could be agreed easier for their big stars (beckham, stam, heinze, van nistelrooy, ince)

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #26947 on: July 13, 2022, 06:49:52 pm »
Prediction: Sterling will be the biggest transfer flop this season.

No service from world class players, including KdB.
He's 27, and came through at 16/17. Players who start to shine that young rarely make it to 30 at a decent level.
50 million is quite a bit for a year left on the contract.
He's a c*nt.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26948 on: July 13, 2022, 07:28:36 pm »
I think he’ll do well under Tuchel.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26949 on: July 13, 2022, 07:30:56 pm »
I think he’ll do well under Tuchel.
Two shithouses, birds of a feather and all that.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26950 on: July 13, 2022, 09:48:31 pm »
Chelsea seemed to have financially landed on their feet post abramovich, very surprising considering they had little income for months.  50m plus 300k per week is more than we would or have ever put together to get anyone.

Unless we grow our finances, Newc, chelsea, city and utd are likely to have more spending power than us, not a big problem whilst we have klopp, but after that, CL football will take some getting

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26951 on: July 13, 2022, 09:52:31 pm »
Chelsea seemed to have financially landed on their feet post abramovich, very surprising considering they had little income for months.  50m plus 300k per week is more than we would or have ever put together to get anyone.

Unless we grow our finances, Newc, chelsea, city and utd are likely to have more spending power than us, not a big problem whilst we have klopp, but after that, CL football will take some getting

In a couple of years, the Premier League is essentially going to have five CL spots so I don't think it'll be much tougher to get than it is now.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26952 on: July 13, 2022, 11:07:18 pm »

Only Newcastle, City and possibly United will have more spending power. We are simply richer than Chelsea.

Their initial spending is aimed at creating a good first impression.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #26953 on: July 14, 2022, 10:15:10 am »

I bet you thought the same when we spent a load the summer we signed Torres :duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline markmywords

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26954 on: July 14, 2022, 08:28:36 pm »

Their initial spending is aimed at creating a good first impression.

Hopefully, Maybe

However, as someone might say; I bet you thought the same the summer of 2003!

Many fans thought Roman and his spending wouldn't last and I suppose their grandkids can now gloat about how their ancestors were eventually proven right!  ;)

Only Newcastle, City and possibly United will have more spending power. We are simply richer than Chelsea.

Even if so, this matters much less if Chelsea's owners are prepared to fund losses and ours aren't, weren't Chelsea's owners forced to agree to pump in 1.7b over 10 yrs? We seem to be seeing this involves purchasing high value players, we'll see...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 08:44:54 pm by markmywords »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26955 on: July 14, 2022, 08:44:39 pm »
Hopefully, Maybe

However, as someone might say; I bet you thought the same the summer of 2003!

Many fans thought Roman and his spending wouldn't last and their grandkids can gloat about how their ancestors were eventually proven right!

Even if so, this matters much less if Chelsea's owners are prepared to fund losses and ours aren't, weren't Chelsea's owners forced to agree to pump in 1.7b over 10 yrs? We seem to be seeing this involves purchasing high value players, we'll see...

pretty sure they aren't allowed to do that anymore (lol - as if the PL will actually enforce jackshit).

also - Chelsea's owners - you mean Roman? He wasn't "forced" to do anything. He chose to do it as it was a great way to help with the sportswashing - i.e. a successful team winning trophies. Also helped increase the value of his toy - and the 1.7 was part of the sale to be paid back.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26956 on: July 15, 2022, 01:01:21 am »
One note - the players Chelsea are targeting and signing are all top bracket pay required. Will be interesting to see how they balance the books there.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #26957 on: July 15, 2022, 11:39:57 am »
How do you make money from a football club after buying it for £2.5B?

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #26958 on: July 15, 2022, 12:06:14 pm »

Why? What have you done now?

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #26959 on: July 15, 2022, 01:05:55 pm »

Im not sure it probably involves buying Man City cast offs for 45 million a whack and then giving them 300K a week and bidding left, right and centre for a shower of other random players.

Profit.