Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 340397 times)

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea FC - Sponsored by “The Liquidator"
« Reply #27840 on: September 16, 2022, 10:33:16 am »
Did you type that whilst stripping and cleaning your AR-15 and breaking out the windolene on your night vision goggles? ;D
You type in jest but I'm not sure hooligan firms could operate in an environment where semi-automatic weapons are so rife.  History has shown that idiots are willing to carry knives so it wouldn't be long before someone turned up with an AR-15 and mowed down a dozen people.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #27841 on: September 16, 2022, 02:28:46 pm »
Skills competitions, isn't that what Soccer AM is for? Perhaps we could get them doing non-football competitions? Celebrity death match anyone? Shooting competitions using those AR-15s which could bring in vital sponsorship from the NRA?
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27842 on: September 16, 2022, 02:48:44 pm »
Skills competitions, isn't that what Soccer AM is for? Perhaps we could get them doing non-football competitions? Celebrity death match anyone? Shooting competitions using those AR-15s which could bring in vital sponsorship from the NRA?

I think it'll be ace.Start with world cup doubles ko,winners play in world cup singles with the winners of each group going through to play points.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27843 on: September 16, 2022, 03:31:37 pm »

I think it'll be ace.Start with world cup doubles ko,winners play in world cup singles with the winners of each group going through to play points.
I think we need to change the scoring system. 7 points for a goal, 2 points for a conversion penalty and bonus points for throw ins. Would be much more exciting.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #27844 on: September 16, 2022, 03:37:50 pm »
Playoffs for the league title. Include the Top 8-- 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5. Winners of the 1st game vs the 4th, 2nd vs 3rd.

don't they do that in rugby league at the end of the season or something similar ?
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27845 on: September 16, 2022, 03:40:49 pm »
don't they do that in rugby league at the end of the season or something similar ?
They do. Renders winning the league pretty much pointless.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27846 on: September 16, 2022, 03:57:49 pm »
They do. Renders winning the league pretty much pointless.

Both League and Union do it. Is pretty weird how they just accepted it in those sports. I think the season before last Harlequins won it having only just squeaked into the play offs with a late run and then caries that through into the knock outs. On the one hand it keeps things interesting for more teams but in the other, can you imagine if they ever tried to do something like that with football. There would be riots!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #27847 on: September 16, 2022, 03:58:15 pm »

They do it in a lot of sports really. Football is almost unique in that winning the league actually means winning the league.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27848 on: September 16, 2022, 04:09:15 pm »
Both League and Union do it. Is pretty weird how they just accepted it in those sports. I think the season before last Harlequins won it having only just squeaked into the play offs with a late run and then caries that through into the knock outs. On the one hand it keeps things interesting for more teams but in the other, can you imagine if they ever tried to do something like that with football. There would be riots!
They might have to if Abu Dhabi and Saudi keep spending state funds and hoover up all the best talent.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #27849 on: September 16, 2022, 04:35:02 pm »
Playoffs for the league title. Include the Top 8-- 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5. Winners of the 1st game vs the 4th, 2nd vs 3rd.

Then the Finals will be a best of 7 where they play home and away, the team finishing higher in the league will get the extra home game if needed.

What a God awful idea.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #27850 on: September 16, 2022, 04:37:44 pm »
What a God awful idea.

Quite sure he wasn’t serious  :P

That is how the NHL used to do it though! Maybe NBA too, but I don’t watch that.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #27851 on: September 16, 2022, 04:38:56 pm »

I'd bet that's how the ESL would have gone.
The lower league playoff finals do that for 3rd place already?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #27852 on: September 16, 2022, 04:46:43 pm »

That is how the NHL used to do it though! Maybe NBA too, but I don’t watch that.

They do it in Rugby over here. It's shite.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #27853 on: September 16, 2022, 06:37:11 pm »
The lower league playoff finals do that for 3rd place already?
Yes, i guess the main argument for the play offs is that 3rd place isn't a particularly big achievement compared to say 4th place. If the team in first place isn't the winner then whats the point of all those matches? I don't mind the CL format as you are only playing a small group of teams (which will change) purely to give everyone a minimum number of games.

The full league+play offs format in the cricket IPL also riles me up no end for the same reason but at least it reminds me that it is purely a good entertainment product rather than a competition with a proper sporting merit.

Happy for Boely to keep coming up with crazy ideas, hope he implements lots at Chelsea.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #27854 on: September 16, 2022, 07:41:47 pm »
Yes, i guess the main argument for the play offs is that 3rd place isn't a particularly big achievement compared to say 4th place. If the team in first place isn't the winner then whats the point of all those matches? I don't mind the CL format as you are only playing a small group of teams (which will change) purely to give everyone a minimum number of games.

The full league+play offs format in the cricket IPL also riles me up no end for the same reason but at least it reminds me that it is purely a good entertainment product rather than a competition with a proper sporting merit.

Happy for Boely to keep coming up with crazy ideas, hope he implements lots at Chelsea.

The problem is the ever increasing number of US owners.

Arsenal: Stan Kroenke
    Aston Villa: Wesley Edens
    Chelsea: Todd Boehly
    Crystal Palace: Joshua Harris
    Fulham: Shahid Khan
    Leeds: 49ers Enterprises
    Liverpool: John Henry's Fenway Sports Group
    Manchester United: The Glazers

There is a Las Vegas consortium bidding for Bournemouth and there was US interest in Everton. So how long before there are 14 or more US owners.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27855 on: September 16, 2022, 07:52:42 pm »
The problem is the ever increasing number of US owners.

Arsenal: Stan Kroenke
    Aston Villa: Wesley Edens
    Chelsea: Todd Boehly
    Crystal Palace: Joshua Harris
    Fulham: Shahid Khan
    Leeds: 49ers Enterprises
    Liverpool: John Henry's Fenway Sports Group
    Manchester United: The Glazers

There is a Las Vegas consortium bidding for Bournemouth and there was US interest in Everton. So how long before there are 14 or more US owners.

If we get to 14 can they then vote to outlaw state ownership?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27856 on: September 16, 2022, 10:22:40 pm »

If they get to 14 they can outlaw Gary Neville.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27857 on: September 16, 2022, 11:17:33 pm »

If they get to 14 they can outlaw Gary Neville.

More US owners please!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #27858 on: September 16, 2022, 11:18:27 pm »
Journalist attempts to discuss multi club ownership, fails miserably to answer any questions

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-multi-club-ownership-questions-you-wanted-answering-todd-boehly-chelsea
Believer

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #27859 on: September 16, 2022, 11:21:12 pm »
More US owners please!
Yes, Especially since he thinks U.S. owners are terrible for the game.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27860 on: September 16, 2022, 11:27:45 pm »
More US owners please!
18 US owners to take on the 2 Despots

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #27861 on: September 16, 2022, 11:42:14 pm »

Then the Finals will be a best of 7 where they play home and away, the team finishing higher in the league will get the extra home game if needed.

It's better in Mexico..

1-2-3-4 placed teams get a bye first round.

5 v 12
6 v 11
7 v 10
8 v 9

After the mini playoffs.. Then two legged ties: the 1st place team plays the lowest team left. 2nd place v second lowest, etc., highest finishing team plays last leg at home.

Repeat each round. Highest finishing team v lowest still left. Second highest v second lowest, etc.

In each round the lowest team must beat the highest team. As an example, lowest team wins at home 2-1. Goes to the away leg, they must have one more goal aggregate to advance. Highest place team wins at home 2-1, so that makes the aggregate 3-3 -- highest place team goes through to the next round. No extra time, no penalties.

Only when you get to the final, if after the two matches are played and the aggregate is level, then there is extra time and potential penalties.

So, there is an advantage for finishing higher in the final table.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #27862 on: September 16, 2022, 11:53:29 pm »

I think we lose sight at times that this is entertainment and truly means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Klopp has rightly pointed this out as well. Yeah sporting integrity is great but if nobody watches then who really cares aside from those actually doing it? Would they prefer a bit more of a gimmick if people actually cared they were doing it? I think it's a bit of a hard sell for the PL obviously as people do watch it and the money is coming in hand over fist to prove it. They should probably see if a lower European league would trial it and if it's a hit then give it more thought. Otherwise why mess with the golden goose?

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27863 on: September 17, 2022, 12:27:18 am »

Rugby League & AFL in Australia has:

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #27864 on: September 17, 2022, 06:20:41 am »

lol yeah the NBA do it too
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #27865 on: September 17, 2022, 07:05:50 am »

Probably the only way to give FFP some teeth.

Although mad cap ideas will.be the tradeoff.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27866 on: September 17, 2022, 12:10:52 pm »
Yes, we just (mainly) have the cognitive ability to avoid the idiotic violence that many English (and other European) football fans seem to think is somewhat normal.  :)

Oh look, a second guy from the US keen to show off their ignorance and that they have their head in the sand, and buy into sensationalist generalisations of football fans - like a proud peacock. I mean, the irony of a texan getting on their soapbox about idiotic violence and cognitive ability to avoid it :o shouldn't be lost on you, surely?!

Friendly reminder that while the US and their media were losing their shit over janet jackson at the superbowl, you had people engaged in said violence until there were deaths. think it says a lot about the cognitive abilities to critically appraise that seeing a nipple was the thing that was concerning and more out of the ordinary.

Further reading if you're interested in the topic, instead of trying to score snide tabloid points about football supporters

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #27867 on: September 17, 2022, 12:41:53 pm »
This new owner kind of reminds me of a mixture of Harry Enfield characters

I’m thinking loadsamoney and ‘considerably richer than you’ guy
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27868 on: September 17, 2022, 12:52:46 pm »
This new owner kind of reminds me of a mixture of Harry Enfield characters

I’m thinking loadsamoney and ‘considerably richer than you’ guy

:) Everton have always reminded me of the short bloke.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #27869 on: September 17, 2022, 01:52:16 pm »
:) Everton have always reminded me of the short bloke.

:lmao

Perfect
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27870 on: September 21, 2022, 09:54:33 am »
First Laptop Eddie, now Christoph Freund has rejected the sporting director vacancy.

The prospect of working under Boehly not that attractive it seems, shock horror.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27871 on: September 21, 2022, 05:32:56 pm »
Sacked their Commercial Director after less than a month in the job for “inappropriate messages” sent to a female agent before he started. Oops.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #27872 on: September 21, 2022, 05:58:21 pm »
Sacked their Commercial Director after less than a month in the job for “inappropriate messages” sent to a female agent before he started. Oops.
Meet the new Chelsea
Same as the old Chelsea.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27873 on: October 13, 2022, 03:11:11 pm »
Think we'll be seeing Bellingham/Frenkie in a Chelsea shirt because they will spend whatever it takes to get them. I maintain Frenkie is gonna be so easy for them since they will likely offload Ngolo to Barcelona.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27874 on: October 13, 2022, 03:29:40 pm »
Think we'll be seeing Bellingham/Frenkie in a Chelsea shirt because they will spend whatever it takes to get them. I maintain Frenkie is gonna be so easy for them since they will likely offload Ngolo to Barcelona.

Hang on a minute. Lolowalsh has posted exactly the same thing in the Non-LFC transfer thread!  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27875 on: October 13, 2022, 03:36:01 pm »
Crikey have they! There it is then, there's no more reliable source on RAWK than lolowalsh

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27876 on: October 14, 2022, 12:55:10 pm »
Sounds like Reece James is out of the World Cup.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27877 on: October 14, 2022, 01:29:10 pm »
Sounds like Reece James is out of the World Cup.

That’s a shame.😂

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27878 on: October 14, 2022, 01:47:02 pm »
That’s a shame.😂

Could be if Trent gets the nod now. Or is he out til them too? Gomez could yet get broken on international duty again.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27879 on: October 14, 2022, 01:54:26 pm »
Could be if Trent gets the nod now. Or is he out til them too? Gomez could yet get broken on international duty again.

I don’t think he is going to pick Trent regardless of who’s available to be honest. Gomez is a possibility, don’t want him to be though.