Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 340841 times)

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea FC - Sponsored by “The Liquidator"
« Reply #27440 on: September 7, 2022, 11:15:03 am »
Give it Kepa til end of season.
Substitutions would be fun.,

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27441 on: September 7, 2022, 11:15:14 am »
Potter seems a sensible bloke, he'd be mad to get involved with that circus and hopefully doesn't.
Agreed - only pushes for the job if he fears he's riding the crest of a wave (reputation wise) for Brighton performances and he worries it might come down soon. And he doesnt strike me as the type.

Poch written all over it I reckon - only realistic candidate available with proper European experience.
yeah, surely. sportswash managers are the new get paid millions for getting sacked cohort - taking their lessons from Bruce, Pardew, McClaren, Hodgson et al

Tuchel will have his time as Newcastle manager. maybe in the intervening period he joins one of the mouthwash clubs (leipzeig sacked their manager too)
« Last Edit: September 7, 2022, 11:18:19 am by Classycara »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27442 on: September 7, 2022, 11:16:14 am »
Has to be Emma Hayes for me.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #27443 on: September 7, 2022, 11:16:32 am »
A bit mad this….

Many of the problems have come from the utter chaos at the club before and after the window.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27444 on: September 7, 2022, 11:16:59 am »
Surely they go for Poch?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27445 on: September 7, 2022, 11:19:18 am »
Potter actually has a chance to be a very good manager for years to come and clearly be a front runner for the England job at some point. I'd think very carefully about taking the Chelsea job if offered. Could put his reputation back 5 years when it ultimately goes wrong. Boehly already looking like a very loose cannon.
I mean but what is his reputation for other than getting a job like this? A chance at a big club with a fat contract. The only better jobs are Liverpool and City. Spurs United and Arsenal aren't really more appealing.

Edit: I know you mentioned England but there's a reason they end up with a clown like Southgate. Job at a big club, club football is more appealing to an ambitious manager.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2022, 11:24:35 am by B0151? »

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27446 on: September 7, 2022, 11:19:29 am »
Back the manager with record millions, and then sack him after 1 defeat. Love it

I wouldn't say they backed Tuchel with that money though. How many of the signings were actually his? I reckon he would have spent it in a very different way had he had the option.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #27447 on: September 7, 2022, 11:21:17 am »
Absolutely comical. What a farce!
Linudden.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27448 on: September 7, 2022, 11:26:42 am »
I hope Aubameyang’s main reasons for joining Chelsea was because he loved working with Tuchel.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27449 on: September 7, 2022, 11:27:55 am »
Only just seen they've sacked him, absolutely amazing decision :D

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #27450 on: September 7, 2022, 11:28:24 am »
I hope Aubameyang’s main reasons for joining Chelsea was because he loved working with Tuchel.
It was, according to his interviews. Be great if they appointed Arteta.

Proper Beadle’s About prank.
AHA!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #27451 on: September 7, 2022, 11:28:54 am »
If this is Boehly's approach, it's fucking mad. You don't give someone £300m and more influence over policy only to sack him a week later because your intent was always to replace them sooner than later, because you want your manager to be a pitch salesman

Ben Jacobs@JacobsBen

Chelsea have sacked Thomas Tuchel. He was informed this morning. The decision is not only down to mixed results or a reaction to the poor Dinamo loss alone. It’s part of a wider summer of strategic change, too.

The new American owners had every intention of sticking with Tuchel when they first joined. And by spending £270m+ they backed him with a record spend. But there were doubts (and eventually friction) over how he handled the ownership transition.

Tuchel was given more responsibility and ultimately authority. To some degree every manager wants this, but with Boehly as interim sporting director Tuchel’s role became pivotal. Boehly and Tuchel were in daily contact, often for hours. There was a constant stream of calls.

Tuchel became frustrated during the window and communication broke down at times right when Tuchel’s input was needed the most. This was pretty apparent at times in America.

Tuchel wanted to focus on football. New owners, on the other hand, felt he could have done more to aid with transfers. This was very obvious during parts of the failed chase for Raphinha and Jules Kounde. Xavi was far more part of the pitch.

Romelu Lukaku’s exit didn’t influence much, although he was frank with Boehly before he left. But it started a trend of Boehly talking directly and openly to players, including Cesar Azpilicueta, Thiago Silva and Reece James.

In the end there was a feeling, even before indifferent results, that a new manager might be better for a new era. This is also in part because the Abramovich tenure was so atypical in many ways it might be easier with a new boss.

Tuchel is obviously hugely respected. But told the new owners want a manager who is both a fit the team and business, with the latter so different to the old regime. Graham Potter is the early favourite to replace Tuchel.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27452 on: September 7, 2022, 11:30:37 am »
Potter seems a sensible bloke, he'd be mad to get involved with that circus and hopefully doesn't.

I don't think they'd even approach Potter. Boehly is a clown who seems to want to have the money flying around and absolute chaos everywhere so that the club get media attention and the profile is raised. Potter is a very good coach, but just isn't a sexy enough name for this circus. If I had to bet, I'd guess Zidane is their first choice, followed by Pochettino. To be honest I'd be happy with either of them, though obviously a Terry/Rodgers co-manager setup would be the dream scenario.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #27453 on: September 7, 2022, 11:31:18 am »
This reads like conclusive proof managers dont matter ;)
They haven't since they got Roman's money.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #27454 on: September 7, 2022, 11:31:40 am »
He won't be able to mask his disappointment.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27455 on: September 7, 2022, 11:33:21 am »
I wouldn't say they backed Tuchel with that money though. How many of the signings were actually his? I reckon he would have spent it in a very different way had he had the option.
Hmm. Initially I was going to say the same, but thinking about it I'm not so sure. He definitely wanted new CBs for his formation. He wanted a new striker. And pretty sure he would have been fully on board with getting Sterling in.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #27456 on: September 7, 2022, 11:34:02 am »
We play them on Sunday - new/interim manager bounce?  ???
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27457 on: September 7, 2022, 11:34:05 am »
If this is Boehly's approach, it's fucking mad. You don't give someone £300m and more influence over policy only to sack him a week later because your intent was always to replace them sooner than later, because you want your manager to be a pitch salesman

Ben Jacobs@JacobsBen

Chelsea have sacked Thomas Tuchel. He was informed this morning. The decision is not only down to mixed results or a reaction to the poor Dinamo loss alone. It’s part of a wider summer of strategic change, too.

The new American owners had every intention of sticking with Tuchel when they first joined. And by spending £270m+ they backed him with a record spend. But there were doubts (and eventually friction) over how he handled the ownership transition.

Tuchel was given more responsibility and ultimately authority. To some degree every manager wants this, but with Boehly as interim sporting director Tuchel’s role became pivotal. Boehly and Tuchel were in daily contact, often for hours. There was a constant stream of calls.

Tuchel became frustrated during the window and communication broke down at times right when Tuchel’s input was needed the most. This was pretty apparent at times in America.

Tuchel wanted to focus on football. New owners, on the other hand, felt he could have done more to aid with transfers. This was very obvious during parts of the failed chase for Raphinha and Jules Kounde. Xavi was far more part of the pitch.

Romelu Lukaku’s exit didn’t influence much, although he was frank with Boehly before he left. But it started a trend of Boehly talking directly and openly to players, including Cesar Azpilicueta, Thiago Silva and Reece James.

In the end there was a feeling, even before indifferent results, that a new manager might be better for a new era. This is also in part because the Abramovich tenure was so atypical in many ways it might be easier with a new boss.

Tuchel is obviously hugely respected. But told the new owners want a manager who is both a fit the team and business, with the latter so different to the old regime. Graham Potter is the early favourite to replace Tuchel.

Love that he's named the players who got him sacked. Bit like when Scholes gave away that Lingard was giving him gossip.

Tuchel deserves no sympathy, as Dim Glas has said before he always rubs people the wrong way and has no loyalty to players and is quick to externalise any negatives to avoid responsibility. Just look at the whisper campaign he started with people like Werner (FA Cup final unavailability). I'm sure Lukaku will be grinning that even after leaving, he's had last laugh.

Be pleased not to play his side anymore though, they always seem to improve their performance in matches against us.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #27458 on: September 7, 2022, 11:35:19 am »
To be fair the new owner got his first sack sewn up :D Shoutouts to the legend that is Richard Dent.

Now he needs to at least convert this to a touchback punt so they get to start from their own 20-yard line next weekend!
Linudden.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #27459 on: September 7, 2022, 11:35:21 am »
It was, according to his interviews. Be great if they appointed Arteta.

Proper Beadle’s About prank.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #27460 on: September 7, 2022, 11:35:31 am »
We play them on Sunday - new/interim manager bounce?  ???
That would be right. We always seem to get teams after they sack their manager.

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27461 on: September 7, 2022, 11:36:26 am »
Surely they go for Poch?

John terry for me…….

As player/manager so he can still get to wear the kit 😀

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27462 on: September 7, 2022, 11:38:01 am »
Their strategy seems as much about getting recognisable names in there to build up a brand as it is to have some sort of coherent tactical setup. Potter doesn't seem a big enough name for them in that regard. It's very likely that the Chelsea circus just flattens the growth trajectory he is on if he were to join them.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #27463 on: September 7, 2022, 11:38:26 am »
Love that he's named the players who got him sacked. Bit like when Scholes gave away that Lingard was giving him gossip.

Colour me shocked that snidey prick Azpilicueta is one of them.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27464 on: September 7, 2022, 11:39:25 am »
They haven't since they got Roman's money.

16 manager changes in the 19 years since Abramovich took over.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27465 on: September 7, 2022, 11:40:16 am »
I hope they hire Brendan Rodgers.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27466 on: September 7, 2022, 11:40:34 am »
Wild

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27467 on: September 7, 2022, 11:41:37 am »
Damn, sack Tuchel and appoint Potter, who has been a pain in the arse for us.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #27468 on: September 7, 2022, 11:42:36 am »

In the same time Liverpool with far less on-field success had Houllier, Benítez, Hodgson, Dalglish, Rodgers and Klopp. Five changes in 19 years and four of them happened in two years. What a difference.
Linudden.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27469 on: September 7, 2022, 11:42:38 am »
I hope they hire Brendan Rodgers.
If his record is to go by, he'll do well for a period, get them playing good football, possibly win something and then lose his way into his third season.

So...pretty much like any other Chelsea manager.

I'm no Rodgers loyalist, but I find the general dismissal of him as a footballing idiot as being way off the actual reality.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #27470 on: September 7, 2022, 11:43:16 am »
Hodge.

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27471 on: September 7, 2022, 11:43:43 am »
I think they have sacked him simply because his face is so punchable. You can only stand it for so long.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27472 on: September 7, 2022, 11:44:09 am »
That would be right. We always seem to get teams after they to sack their manager.

Scott Parker, Marco Silva, Jose Mourinho, Francesco Guidolin, Slaven Bilic.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27473 on: September 7, 2022, 11:44:31 am »
Damn, sack Tuchel and appoint Potter, who has been a pain in the arse for us.
Liverpool didn't beat Tuchel's Chelsea often and have struggled against Brighton a few times...so at least one of those sides would be weaker if Potter went to Chelsea.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27474 on: September 7, 2022, 11:45:37 am »
Ha, called this a few days ago in the sack race thread but didn't think it would happen this quickly. No idea who would want that job, buti think whoever does get it isn't currently managing in the PL. Doubt that Poch would be in contention - I'm sure that Sean Dyce or the Owl would be a perfect fit.

Dyche gets my vote, any player with a hint of creativity will be immediately stuck in the reserves. They’ll end up signing Ashley Barnes in January.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27475 on: September 7, 2022, 11:46:38 am »
How is Rodgers still employed?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27476 on: September 7, 2022, 11:46:44 am »
Liverpool didn't beat Tuchel's Chelsea often and have struggled against Brighton a few times...so at least one of those sides would be weaker if Potter went to Chelsea.

Have we beaten Chelsea at all under Tuchel?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #27477 on: September 7, 2022, 11:47:00 am »
Potter actually has a chance to be a very good manager for years to come and clearly be a front runner for the England job at some point. I'd think very carefully about taking the Chelsea job if offered. Could put his reputation back 5 years when it ultimately goes wrong. Boehly already looking like a very loose cannon.

Potter could be another Lampard with Chelsea being Chelsea, only he wouldn't get the time he got if it went wrong.

Potter would be a better fit at Arsenal or Spurs or perhaps as a Pep/Klopp replacement.

If he's offered the job though he'd take it. Managers rarely turn down big opportunities and a huge salary bump.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #27478 on: September 7, 2022, 11:47:29 am »
Boehly is nuts. You can kill the man but not the idea  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #27479 on: September 7, 2022, 11:48:01 am »
What a pathetic, ridiculous, wannabe club. They deserve nothing.
We had dreams and songs to sing...