Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 339451 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Chelsea FC
« on: August 31, 2013, 11:33:15 pm »
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 09:20:23 pm by John C »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chelsea FC - Sponsored by “The Liquidator
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 11:59:14 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/31/chelsea-jose-mourinho-conspiracy
good grief, what a c*nt.
he even manages to pander to the English refs by suggesting an English ref wouldn't have sent him off.
absolutely no class and a spiteful twat.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 1, 2013, 04:50:56 am »
good grief, what a c*nt.
he even manages to pander to the English refs by suggesting an English ref wouldn't have sent him off.
absolutely no class and a spiteful twat.
Ramires was lucky it was only a yellow. Mourinho is a cock and it is all always about him.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #3 on: September 1, 2013, 06:35:06 am »
2016! Bloody hell, watching Torres play is like watching Dragon's Den when they tear a new one out of someone- it makes you feel cringweworthy inside and you can hardly watch the screen.  Three more years of this!

He was one of their best players in the Supercup.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 1, 2013, 09:43:09 am »
Ramires was lucky it was only a yellow. Mourinho is a cock and it is all always about him.

They played very poor. Wouldn't surprise me if he's being a c*nt to take the attention away from the performance. It's not like he cares about othe peoples opinions anyway.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 1, 2013, 09:54:10 am »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/31/chelsea-jose-mourinho-conspiracy

When did he say this shit? If its straight after the match it's one thing (still cuntish), but if he says that after seeing the replay then he's a bigger c*nt than even I thought. Even Baconface was honest about these things sometimes.

And as for his complaint about ending up with ten men, don't send your side out to play like dirty fuckers. The way Pepe and co played Messi they were lucky to end matches with anyone on the pitch.

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 1, 2013, 11:07:30 am »
impressive Mourinho this (pre)season

against Real Madrid L
against ManUtd D
against Bayern L

they will smash the likes of Newcastle though
YNWA

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7 on: September 2, 2013, 10:26:23 pm »
Mata on the way to PSG?

this 'Jose doesn't fancy him' fuckin bollocks is one of the most head scratching statements ive heard in the history of the Premier League ...well, that and 'England's Steve Bull'.........even more puzzling is why the Premier league's money clubs havent been in for him?....a majestic, and more importantly - proven - top class player who would for example be perfect for the Manc's...and who would certainly be better value than the curly haired Belgian thug who Moyes is obsessed with

footy eh
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline testies

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: September 2, 2013, 10:38:01 pm »
I think Chelsea's performance against Bayern justified the Mata benching.. they looked solid as fk .. Oscar does defensive work of a DM practically, for 120 minutes

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 2, 2013, 10:39:51 pm »
I think Chelsea's performance against Bayern justified the Mata benching.. they looked solid as fk .. Oscar does defensive work of a DM practically, for 120 minutes

At Old Trafford they were shite and crying out for a player like Mata.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: September 2, 2013, 10:45:35 pm »
At Old Trafford they were shite and crying out for a player like Mata.

So were Chelsea.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #12 on: September 2, 2013, 11:16:47 pm »

arsewater...you don't 'bench' the best player on your books...unless you're a meglamaniacal tosspot...natch
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline testies

• Main Stander
« Reply #13 on: September 2, 2013, 11:18:35 pm »
chelsea looked pretty shit with mata (3 amigos) last year.. too vulnerable against juve, shakhtar, corinthians and atl. madrid

against Bayern, one of the best in world, they looked very very solid.. becuase Mata doesn't really track back and Schurrle was hunting Alaba like a witch, plus he positions his team better for the counter, and Oscar and Hazard are very good on the break
« Last Edit: September 2, 2013, 11:21:51 pm by testies »

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #14 on: September 2, 2013, 11:18:43 pm »
Chelsea are mad. Lukaku was hot coming off last season, he should have been their starting striker from day 1.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 2, 2013, 11:21:27 pm »
Chelsea are mad. Lukaku was hot coming off last season, he should have been their starting striker from day 1.

Eto'o will be number one with Torres as backup. I'm surprised as I thought he'd see him as his new Drogba project.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 3, 2013, 12:01:32 am »
Eto'o will be number one with Torres as backup. I'm surprised as I thought he'd see him as his new Drogba project.

Torres is the project AGAIN I reckon. Succeed where Rafa failed with his own Golden Boy, Jose's ego couldn't resist that...

Offline Big Sami Hyypiä

• Main Stander
« Reply #17 on: September 3, 2013, 01:40:52 am »
I don't understand Chelsea - unsettle Mata, sign Willian, get Eto'o, loan out Lukaku. To the tune of at least 30 million. There is no logic in that place.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #18 on: September 3, 2013, 01:57:41 am »
I hope we are doing everything we can between now and January to convince Mata to come to us. Need to give ourselves every chance, even if its stiil a slim one, if Chelsea end up selling.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 3, 2013, 01:59:19 am »
Mata should have made his firm decision to leave Chelsea. I think he just donated his world cup place to Isco. I do think Isco would have gone to world cup anyway, but it was a question in place of whom, Cazorla, Navas, Silva or Mata himself. I was thinking Silva since his form has dropped, and never back at the levels required, although he started the season well.

Now, I think Mata has almost no chance. With Koke and Thiago also being in the frame, it's a bit of lack of ambition from him.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #20 on: September 3, 2013, 03:17:36 am »
Don't really get Lukaku leaving. Eto'o is obviously going to be the first striker on the teamsheet, but I'd honestly have Lukaku over Ba and Torres, at least in this point in time. And if not, he'd be a wonderful option to have on the bench after Torres does fuck all for 60-70 minutes.

If only he hadn't missed that penalty against Bayern...

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 3, 2013, 03:36:53 am »

Personally when I saw Eto'o last season I thought he wasn't near his former self and definitely not good enough to be the striker Chelsea need to win the league, but that might just be me.

If Torres doesn't reach his former heights I would be worried about their title chances
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #22 on: September 3, 2013, 04:55:42 am »
Don't really get Lukaku leaving.

Given how much Torres and Eto'o will be making, he was probably unlikely to be first choice and perhaps the player wanted to go out on loan, particularly with the World Cup looming. I'm surprised Ba didn't end up going somewhere to be honest. West Ham would have been ideal given the fact Carroll, Maiga and Vaz Te are their options.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 3, 2013, 05:06:19 am »
Given how much Torres and Eto'o will be making, he was probably unlikely to be first choice and perhaps the player wanted to go out on loan, particularly with the World Cup looming. I'm surprised Ba didn't end up going somewhere to be honest. West Ham would have been ideal given the fact Carroll, Maiga and Vaz Te are their options.
Maiga was a good player in FM. Is he any good?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #24 on: September 3, 2013, 05:11:44 am »
Maiga was a good player in FM. Is he any good?

Not really no. He was decent in France, but has been very poor for West Ham. Surprised he's still there.

Offline redStuckinBrazil

• Main Stander
  • red and white kop
« Reply #25 on: September 8, 2013, 12:59:18 pm »
I hope we are doing everything we can between now and January to convince Mata to come to us. Need to give ourselves every chance, even if its stiil a slim one, if Chelsea end up selling.

If we had champions league maybe, mata wont even look at us now

Offline Fredo C

• Anny Roader
« Reply #26 on: September 8, 2013, 01:02:59 pm »

Lukaku has said he didn't know he was going on loan until after Mourinho blocked Ba's loan move to Arsenal when he heard they had acquired Özil.
Then he got a call whether he would want to join Everton.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 8, 2013, 01:25:05 pm »
Mata should have made his firm decision to leave Chelsea. I think he just donated his world cup place to Isco. I do think Isco would have gone to world cup anyway, but it was a question in place of whom, Cazorla, Navas, Silva or Mata himself. I was thinking Silva since his form has dropped, and never back at the levels required, although he started the season well.

Now, I think Mata has almost no chance. With Koke and Thiago also being in the frame, it's a bit of lack of ambition from him.

Usually I would say wait and see regarding Mata being a first teamer or not as it's still early in the season.....but you just get the feeling that something's off between him and Mourinho. You could well be right on the World Cup spot.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 8, 2013, 01:34:56 pm »
If we had champions league maybe, mata wont even look at us now

Depends where we are in January, if we're looking on course for a top four finish and Mata still can't get into that team, we'll be looking more attractive.

It'd still be an outside shot though.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 8, 2013, 01:47:14 pm »
Depends where we are in January, if we're looking on course for a top four finish and Mata still can't get into that team, we'll be looking more attractive.

It'd still be an outside shot though.

Indeed, one positive I think we could take though is that a lot of teams aren't after a #10 like Mata right now.

Spurs have 10000 #10's, Arsenal got ozil, United got Fellaini who will probably play there (or rooney), City have Silva, Madrid have Isco/Bale.

However, if come January it looks like we're challenging for top 4 (long shot), surely Mourinho would be insane to sell a player like Mata to us? A team challenging top 4 with Mata added into the mix would be a very good prospect to have a go at Chelsea
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Stringer123

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: September 8, 2013, 01:52:19 pm »
I'd love Mata here, but there's not a chance in hell of it happening. A couple of reports said that they were reluctant to loan Moses to us, doubt they'd sell Mata to us. Besides, if it seems like there's a chance of him coming to us, then other clubs will start sniffing around who could offer more money or chance to challenge for titles immediately (PSG springs to mind).

Mourinho is crazy if it's true that he doesn't rate Mata.

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 8, 2013, 01:52:36 pm »
Indeed, one positive I think we could take though is that a lot of teams aren't after a #10 like Mata right now.

Would we be? With Coutinho in current form?
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 8, 2013, 01:56:14 pm »

Spurs have 10000 #10's, Arsenal got ozil, United got Fellaini who will probably play there (or rooney), City have Silva, Madrid have Isco/Bale.

However, if come January it looks like we're challenging for top 4 (long shot), surely Mourinho would be insane to sell a player like Mata to us? A team challenging top 4 with Mata added into the mix would be a very good prospect to have a go at Chelsea

Fellaini  ;D

The only number 10 he has is the grade on his hair clippers
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 8, 2013, 02:12:37 pm »
Would we be? With Coutinho in current form?

I would not be surprised if we were in top 4 in January and threw a bid in.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #34 on: September 8, 2013, 02:53:30 pm »
They played very poor. Wouldn't surprise me if he's being a c*nt to take the attention away from the performance. It's not like he cares about other peoples opinions anyway.

you don't have to be surprised, that is the exact reason.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #35 on: September 9, 2013, 01:14:52 pm »
The have some great AM's - a really nice mixture... Hazard, Mata and Oscar - compliment each other really well.

I'm jealous, although having Coutinho on our books is a step in the right direction.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #36 on: September 9, 2013, 01:40:44 pm »
I know there's been a lot of debate about Mourinho, personally I think he is an excellent manager who has a great level of detail behind his planning & team organisation.

But this Mata thing.  It doesn't reflect well on him.  Mata is probably in the top 5 players in this league.  Some might say top 3.  If you're a cynic this move just about sums up Mourinho and his job selection.  What other manager in the world would come to a club and isolate a player like Mata?  What does that say about the choice of player you have?  It means you literally have got every resource available to you and you can pick & choose as you like rather than managing situations. 

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #37 on: September 9, 2013, 02:48:03 pm »
I know there's been a lot of debate about Mourinho, personally I think he is an excellent manager who has a great level of detail behind his planning & team organisation.

But this Mata thing.  It doesn't reflect well on him.  Mata is probably in the top 5 players in this league.  Some might say top 3.  If you're a cynic this move just about sums up Mourinho and his job selection.  What other manager in the world would come to a club and isolate a player like Mata?  What does that say about the choice of player you have?  It means you literally have got every resource available to you and you can pick & choose as you like rather than managing situations.
He needs battles. Mourinho's lifeblood is the adversarial nature that can be brought about when managing a football club. At Chelsea the first time round he had Rafa, he had his petty media squabbles. At Real, it was Casillas within the club, Pep and Barca, then Tito when he took over. The man is driven, in part, by his insecurities. Picking a dispute with a senior player was always going to happen. He wasn't going to isolate a legend like Lampard, or an integral player like Hazard. Mata isn't exactly suited to Mourinho's tactics and is a big enough player that it resembles a show of strength to not play him. If he wins without Mata, the vindication is there, if only on the surface.

They didn't need Willian. They could have loaned out Van Ginkel or De Bruyne. Instead, Maureen has once again had to come up with some abstracted way in which to show he's in charge. Prior to him taking over, the media were already suggesting Mata or Luiz might make way, be culled for Mourinho to rebuild the side. Luiz seems to have survived the chop, so now Mata is bearing the brunt of Mourinho's giant ego.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #38 on: September 9, 2013, 04:44:09 pm »
Fellaini  ;D

The only number 10 he has is the grade on his hair clippers

:lmao

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2013, 02:01:54 am »

The simple explanation is that Mata is Spanish, so he is going to have a hard time in retribution for the time Mourinho had in Madrid.