Author Topic: Refaat Alareer  (Read 7417 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Shireen Abu Akleh: Palestine’s reporter
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2022, 03:12:57 pm »
Is she even dead, until we see the body.

The Israeli sniper who fired the live bullet that killed journalist Shireen Abu Akleh claimed he did not see her and did not know who she was, Haaretz reported yesterday.

An Israel army officer told the paper that a soldier sitting in an army vehicle with a rifle equipped with a telescopic lens fired at Abu Akleh from 190 metres away, killing her.

The soldier said he did not know he shot at Abu Akleh when he fired, had not seen her, and did not know her identity, the paper added.

The soldier attempted to target an armed Palestinian who appeared behind the wall the journalists were sheltering in front of, the investigation claimed. "The journalists were a short distance behind him," it added.

Whomst among us hasn't looked through the scope of a sniper rifle, "not recognised" the target and pulled the trigger anyway? Come on, some balance is called for here.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2022, 03:24:43 pm »
Posts on both sides were deleted that didn’t directly relate to this in incident and the scenes of the funeral being attacked.  Of course there is political context but we don’t want the thread to veer off into a general debate on the situation because like debates on Ireland it is too contentious for a football site
Afternoon Sir, hope all is well.
I noticed the thread was veering off topic and I think it was about to go along a well beaten track. Ie When words fail resort to insults.
I dont know what responses my post provoked as I wasn't here to read them.
As for both sides RAWK has taught me political allegiance trumps any football allegiance,
Seems you mention Ireland...  "When the violence causes silence, who are we mistaken "   

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2022, 05:27:37 pm »
A few posts up from your own, I posted the only article of hers that I was able to find translated into English. If I find more, I will post it. But she was primarily a tv reporter, so probably all her best work will be on youtube.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/19/israel-will-not-investigate-killing-of-shireen-abu-akleh-report

Thank you Mimi
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2022, 06:14:36 pm »
How do we know it was a sniper? Presumably we can tell from the bullet type??
Presumably it was a bullet type that kills people.
You could say murders people.
She's dead so it was a bullet that deads people.
No buts.
No ifs.
You fire a bullet at another human being your intent is to kill them.

"How do we know it was a sniper?"

But, who cares?
Sniper or not, she was shot dead by Israeli forces.
You agree on that, shot dead by Israeli forces?

If you don't.agree on that, say it.
If you do agree, stop being diversionary.

As The Onion said, 4 easy one syllable words,
Thou Shalt Not Kill.
No asterisks.

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2022, 07:49:21 pm »
Well said, idontknow.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2022, 08:16:38 pm »
Is she even dead, until we see the body.

The Israeli sniper who fired the live bullet that killed journalist Shireen Abu Akleh claimed he did not see her and did not know who she was, Haaretz reported yesterday.

An Israel army officer told the paper that a soldier sitting in an army vehicle with a rifle equipped with a telescopic lens fired at Abu Akleh from 190 metres away, killing her.

The soldier said he did not know he shot at Abu Akleh when he fired, had not seen her, and did not know her identity, the paper added.

The soldier attempted to target an armed Palestinian who appeared behind the wall the journalists were sheltering in front of, the investigation claimed. "The journalists were a short distance behind him," it added.

Thank you. 
With any issue to do with Palestine and Israel, I never believe  anything without good evidence.
I’ve seen so many videos and stories that  turn out to be baseless over the years….

It’s too easy to go with what you think ‘must’ have happened before seeing genuine evidence. Often it comes, but a fair amount of time it doesn’t.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2022, 08:18:25 pm »
Presumably it was a bullet type that kills people.
You could say murders people.
She's dead so it was a bullet that deads people.
No buts.
No ifs.
You fire a bullet at another human being your intent is to kill them.

"How do we know it was a sniper?"

But, who cares?
Sniper or not, she was shot dead by Israeli forces.
You agree on that, shot dead by Israeli forces?

If you don't.agree on that, say it.
If you do agree, stop being diversionary.

As The Onion said, 4 easy one syllable words,
Thou Shalt Not Kill.
No asterisks.

What a bizarrely childish post. 

I merely want to understand the facts, not behave like it’s a play ground argument.

The people involved in this conflict deserve better than that.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2022, 08:42:19 pm »

I merely want to understand the facts, not behave like it’s a play ground argument.

An Israeli newspaper is reporting that the sniper fired at her and that comes in the form of a quote from said sniper. the bullet hit a part of the body that was not protected. She was wearing a bullet proof jacket and a helmet. The snipers rifle had a telescopic lens. Snipers are well trained gunmen.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2022, 08:43:45 pm »
An Israeli newspaper is reporting that the sniper fired at her and that comes in the form of a quote from said sniper. the bullet hit a part of the body that was not protected. She was wearing a bullet proof jacket and a helmet. The snipers rifle had a telescopic lens. Snipers are well trained gunmen.

Thank you.  That’s all I wanted.
W

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2022, 08:46:15 pm »
Thank you.  That’s all I wanted.

you're very welcome. based on this, it seems a safe conclusion she was murdered.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2022, 08:47:52 pm »
you're very welcome. based on this, it seems a safe conclusion she was murdered.
Agreed.
W

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2022, 04:46:12 pm »
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/20/new-video-shows-no-clashes-during-shireen-abu-aklehs-killing

No ongoing shootout. Vid's clear. Press moving about, she was shot dead. Israel lied from the beginning.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2022, 04:54:08 pm »
As long as the vid (and if there's more of it) is verified by other organisations, then it's clear, going by logic, the US needs to act on Israel for letting things come to this juncture, the government ultimately bears responsibility. Usually, the first step / tool is to halt aid to a country that fails the threshold on these things.

That's the logic. The politics of it, the US is still compromised by its links to Israel. Yet, history is ultimately time gone by, it's the actions of the decision-makers, generation after generation, that shape events now. And every generation comes in new, with their own priorities, knowledge, ideas, as we saw with Saudi basically washing their hands off Palestine in recent years.

You wonder how long before the old influence dies off in the US and Israel is treated as the fairly irrelevant to the US these days, leveraged by other countries against the US when human rights is an issue, apartheid state that it is, through its actions, now. The US will gain a lot more in terms of political capital on other countries, negotiation room with other countries, and financially by cutting Israel loose imo.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2022, 05:12:16 pm »
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/20/new-video-shows-no-clashes-during-shireen-abu-aklehs-killing

No ongoing shootout. Vid's clear. Press moving about, she was shot dead. Israel lied from the beginning.

Hopefully this is proof enough for those in here that don’t want to condemn the terrorists without you know having all the facts.. You’ll find them in other threads vocal AF but here they want to gather all the evidence first.

To the mod that’s deleting posts, hopefully this one falls within the threshold of not being deleted. Please let me know if it doesn’t, I can amend it.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2022, 05:16:16 pm »
Hopefully this is proof enough for those in here that don’t want to condemn the terrorists without you know having all the facts.. You’ll find them in other threads vocal AF but here they want to gather all the evidence first.

To the mod that’s deleting posts, hopefully this one falls within the threshold of not being deleted. Please let me know if it doesn’t, I can amend it.
Who are these people?
W

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2022, 01:16:09 pm »
There’s nothing to investigate because executing Palestinians has never been a crime. In the only democracy in the region.

Democracy?

If Israel is a shining example of a democracy, i want no part of it.

Fucking fascist scum.

The US enables and empowers Israel. The west are lying hypocrites.

Phuk yoo

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2022, 01:21:39 pm »
Who are these people?

A certain poster whose name vaguely rhymes with "troglodyte".. also is a hypocrite and a tacit supporter of US's war mongering around the globe and a believer in cultural supremacy of the west.  Guess who?

But no playing the man, only his viewpoints, so i will bow out. But if you did guess, you know i am right,😉
Phuk yoo

Offline The Real Rasta

• Leave Ronaldo alone!!!!!
  • Kopite
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2022, 09:38:14 pm »
A certain poster whose name vaguely rhymes with "troglodyte".. also is a hypocrite and a tacit supporter of US's war mongering around the globe and a believer in cultural supremacy of the west.  Guess who?

But no playing the man, only his viewpoints, so i will bow out. But if you did guess, you know i am right,😉
Hear Hear  :-X

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2022, 04:34:28 pm »
What a bizarrely childish post. 

It isn't.

You don't.

And it's not a conflict with people involved, it is murder.

She does deserve better though, you are right there.

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2022, 04:39:31 pm »
A few posts up from your own, I posted the only article of hers that I was able to find translated into English. If I find more, I will post it. But she was primarily a tv reporter, so probably all her best work will be on youtube.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/19/israel-will-not-investigate-killing-of-shireen-abu-akleh-report

Israel has lied every chance they could have this in catastrophe:

1) Shireen and her crew come in dressed clearly as press, they wait in a spot for 10 minutes without moving to ensure they have the attention of the Israeli army, and they move forward after they hear nothing telling them to stop. There is no fighting where they are. Shireen's colleague is shot in the back. The sniper who kills Shireen, shoots her on the only part of her head that is not covered by her helmet. They continue to fire on her colleagues preventing them from helping her. In particular, they keep shooting at Shatha Hanaysha who is alive only because she is shielded partly by a tree.

2) Israel immediately releases a statement blaming Shireen's death on Palestinian fighters.

3) Israeli human rights group releases video disproving the statement of its government.

4) Israel goes and raids Shireen's house in Jerusalem.

5) Israel disrupts and assaults mourners at Shireen's funeral.

6) Israel calls for a joint investigation.

7) Israel decides on no investigation. It's very convenient though how the statement of the sniper excusing his own actions gets released even with no investigation.

Israel is a society in thrall to its police and military, and with no respect from the press. Its basically self-destructing from within.

Balls in the court of all the western countries calling for an investigation now that Israel said no investigation. Time for sanctions and cutting off aid.

Thank you Mimi.
I am looking online.
Of course at the moment the lead searches are about her murder and her funeral. The amount of people from what little I've seen is extraordinary.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2022, 04:42:57 pm »
It isn't.

You don't.

And it's not a conflict with people involved, it is murder.

She does deserve better though, you are right there.
What a bizarre post.

I don't trust anything reported from either side until its supported by other evidence. So much that is posted that is rubbish.

We have that now, so the situation is clear and abhorrent.

Waiting for clear evidence seems a bad thing now.  Who knew?
W

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2022, 05:31:17 pm »
What a bizarre post.

I don't trust anything reported from either side until its supported by other evidence. So much that is posted that is rubbish.

Really don't want to answer but feel compelled a little, as you say this is not the place for playground arguments.

So, all I will say, agreeing with other posters further up, in this thread you seem to have required more evidence of wrongdoing than you have in other threads.

As an aside, and to lighten the tone, may I ask what subjects you do actually teach. I'm going with History, Geography, Maths. I'm certain you don't do PE, it would stun me if you are a strapping 6-packer. But I am often wrong, or to put it more politically, misadvised.

:)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2022, 05:40:23 pm »
What a bizarre post.

Really don't want to answer but feel compelled a little, as you say this is not the place for playground arguments.

So, all I will say, agreeing with other posters further up, in this thread you seem to have required more evidence of wrongdoing than you have in other threads.

As an aside, and to lighten the tone, may I ask what subjects you do actually teach. I'm going with History, Geography, Maths. I'm certain you don't do PE, it would stun me if you are a strapping 6-packer. But I am often wrong, or to put it more politically, misadvised.

Oh, deary me. Pitiful.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2022, 05:47:30 pm »
So before this descends into personal abuse and innuendo let's get back on track ...
We have 45 Journalist's killed by Israeli forces since 2000 on average that's 2 per year (although 17 killed in 2014 somewhat skew's the figures) ...Discuss

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2022, 05:48:16 pm »

Of course I have.  The stakes are far higher. The results of misattributed information could cost lives (and have in the past). In the end, what I originally supposed had happened, had happened.

Not surprisingly, you’re wrong on every count.  So, better luck next time with your ad hom attacks.

W

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2022, 06:14:46 pm »
Of course I have.  The stakes are far higher. The results of misattributed information could cost lives (and have in the past). In the end, what I originally supposed had happened, had happened.

Not surprisingly, you’re wrong on every count.  So, better luck next time with your ad hom attacks.
Sorry, Tepid, I didn't mean anything to come out that way, I apologise.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2022, 07:02:13 pm »
So before this descends into personal abuse and innuendo let's get back on track ...
We have 45 Journalist's killed by Israeli forces since 2000 on average that's 2 per year (although 17 killed in 2014 somewhat skew's the figures) ...Discuss
The one and only Democracy in the region.  :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2022, 07:13:39 pm »

Doesn't really matter what they do, Israel is protected therfore there will never be condemnation or sanctions where it matters

The usual rhetoric of 'both sides need to de-escalate' the situation, so as to not draw the wrath of Israel or its allies

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2022, 07:35:07 pm »

Lebanon could also be described as a democracy, although it does have certain rules regarding certain communities having certain top jobs, a bit like the Northern Irish assembly.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2022, 03:00:42 am »
An etnically cleansed one in origin but a true democracy where the gov actually carry out the will of the people, how refreshing...Apparently the people don't want prosecutions for these kind of murders.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2022, 07:45:18 am »
There was a good discussion on last weeks Pod Save America on this, you'd need to fast forward in to the programme to find the interview.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2022, 08:40:49 am »
There was a good discussion on last weeks Pod Save America on this, you'd need to fast forward in to the programme to find the interview.
Thanks John. Will give it a listen
W

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2022, 10:42:02 pm »
I'm not even going to try to debate the legitimacy/illegitimacy of the state of Israel, or the plight of the Palestinian people, but viewed in a singular form, if you aren't horrified by the murder of a Journalist, the attempted cover up, and attack on the family of the journalist or her funeral, then you've had an empathy bypass.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2022, 06:55:20 am »
I'm not even going to try to debate the legitimacy/illegitimacy of the state of Israel, or the plight of the Palestinian people, but viewed in a singular form, if you aren't horrified by the murder of a Journalist, the attempted cover up, and attack on the family of the journalist or her funeral, then you've had an empathy bypass.

I think certain sides are well versed now at widening the argument, using whataboutery, and inventing new angles,  to cloud any issue and take the blame away from Israel. When you strip it all back , some of the things they’re allowed to get away with are barbaric.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2022, 03:16:32 pm »
The National Union of Journalist along with the International Federation of Journalist and Palestinian Journalist Syndicate
 have submitted a case to the International Criminal Court over the killing and targeting of Journalist by Israeli forces .

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2022, 09:50:47 pm »
Yes, seems the right thing to do.
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2022, 04:13:34 pm »
The National Union of Journalist along with the International Federation of Journalist and Palestinian Journalist Syndicate
 have submitted a case to the International Criminal Court over the killing and targeting of Journalist by Israeli forces .

But this isn't the first war correspondent that's been deliberately targeted. Surely they should have acted sooner and maybe prevented this one?

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2022, 04:37:28 pm »
But this isn't the first war correspondent that's been deliberately targeted. Surely they should have acted sooner and maybe prevented this one?
The ICC doesn't have any jurisdiction over Israel so there'll be no extradition to the Haigh or Palestinian Authorities
The only people who could of acted sooner to prevent Shireens murder, are the Government and people who condone these murders.
Of course the only non violent way for the International community to apply pressure and force a change is through boycott and sanctions...
Or leave it to Hamas and Hezballah rockets which won't change a thing.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 7, 2023, 09:53:40 pm »
I'm not interested in debating the ongoing atrocity. I'm not going to change your mind, and you will not change my mind. But I want to highlight one remarkable human life that was taken today, and whose murder has affected millions of people around the world: Dr. Refaat Alareer. You may see news articles about him tomorrow. He was a creative writing professor at Gaza University, he taught Shakespeare, he was a poet, and a journalist among many other remarkable endeavours.

In more recent times, he was a way for English speakers to understand what is going on in Gaza through Twitter, but also through books like Gaza Writes Back. You can see his Twitter postings here: https://twitter.com/itranslate123. But he also wrote editorials and opinion pieces in other places like NYT, Electronic Intifada etc

Like Shireen Abu Akleh, he was somebody who truly embodied the best of humanity and his passing makes us all smaller. I think he would have like to be remembered as a storyteller.

If I must die
you must live
to tell my story
to sell my things
to buy a piece of cloth
and some strings,
(make it white with a long tail)
so that a child, somewhere in Gaza
while looking heaven in the eye
awaiting his dad who left in a blaze-
and bid no one farewell
not even to his flesh
not even to himself-
sees the kite, my kite you made, flying up
above
and thinks for a moment an angel is there
bringing back love
If I must die
let it bring hope
let it be a tale

"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Refaat Alareer
« Reply #79 on: December 7, 2023, 10:11:33 pm »
Just another one in the long list of journalists that Israel has murdered. Won't say too much as I don't want the thread locked but it's clear as day what they are trying to do.