Author Topic: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022  (Read 199113 times)

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022
« Reply #3360 on: May 31, 2022, 10:34:23 am »
Absolute disgrace that was closing all the turnstiles not letting anyone in an hour before kick off. Couldn’t even leave my sister to get into Z on her own with it all so had to scam both of us into X with my uefa mobile ticket I’d paid well over the odds for. Got Cuts, bruises, battoned, tear gassed the works for it all as there was loads of Madrid and locals who couldn’t get in there either. There’s no way they all had tickets either, and it was them who was lobbing bottles at the police who responded with the tear gas but we will get the blame for everything.

Now I have c*nt rival fans quoting me all over twitter accusing me of getting in with fake tickets when we had two genuine tickets and it was merely a case of pleading with the steward on gate X to let us both in there showing them both my mobile ticket and her paper ticket cos Z was closed and I wasn’t prepared to leave my small sister on her own outside in all that chaos after we had already been sprayed and hit out at with battons. Another steward then checked our tickets and a woman police officer in front of us at the turnstile said to let us go. Once we’d had bag checked we went to the side gate and showed her ticket and they let us both into our end without any hassle. Empty seats all around the lower tier all game we could see from the front row.

Offline pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
« Reply #3361 on: May 31, 2022, 10:50:41 am »
I never saw any LFC fans trying to bunk in or climb gates. It was all those French local lads who were hanging around in gangs everywhere blocking the entrances and getting into congested situations trying to nick phones or tickets.
There definitely were some but no large numbers. I was right at the back of C so could see the crush that burst through (I think) gate B. The vast majority of those that looked like Liverpool fans, when they spilled through the gates stood still or walked slowly not wanting to get pounced on by stewards and police. The vast majority of those making a run for it looked like the local youngsters but there were a few clear Liverpool fans who took the opportunity as well.

Offline pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
« Reply #3362 on: May 31, 2022, 11:02:35 am »
Encourage everyone to read this thread on Twitter, of an experience from a RM fan:

https://twitter.com/honor1982/status/1530865943966101504?s=21&t=5AvpbO48lO4ns0ReOJEM1A

Very similar to what we experienced, and actually even looks worse at the turnstiles with all the "locals" climbing the gates

But there was no issues at the Madrid end was there...  ::)

The stories of large numbers of locals in the Madrid end start to explain the shitshow at the Liverpool end. The Real fans were there earlier, as the fanzone was so close. So the bunk at that end, by the locals, took the police and stewards by surprise. They decided they needed to prepare for the same thing and their plan was the ridiculous kettling and bottlenecks.

They are now lying through their teeth to avoid admitting they cocked up twice, once letting hu numbers bunk into the RM end and then causing dangerous chaos at the Liverpool end in repsonse.

Offline Red Tattoo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3363 on: May 31, 2022, 11:14:16 am »
I am a Paris based French Liverpool supporter and I want to let you all know that what happened at the Stade de France and the lies that have followed by the Interior minister and the police authorities are an absolute disgrace. They're using you as scapegoats, to try to hide their own failures and mistakes

It really is a shame for our country.

I was not at the stadium, but I went to the fan zone in the afternoon and stayed in the area to watch the game on tv. It was so nice to be with so many joyful fellow Liverpool supporters during the day that, by contrast, it ads to my sadness regarding the disgrace which has followed.

The only sunshine in that dark sky is that Darmanin is being heavily criticized for the failures of his police and for his disgusting lies by journalists, university scholars or members of supporters unions, no one is buying his lies and his name is all over the news, but not for reasons he will like.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3364 on: May 31, 2022, 12:25:22 pm »
For what it’s worth I saw local French lads bunking in over the fence and Liverpool fans bunking in. A group of Liverpool fans in front of me in the stadium were openly bragging about some of them bunking in. These people add to the problem. Doesn’t change the fact that the organization from uefa/police and local authority was inadequate.

There was also a fan boasting about getting his father in on twitter which naturally was being pounced on by all those anti-Liverpool people on there. It will be something that will happen in every event like this unfortunately.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #3365 on: May 31, 2022, 12:36:28 pm »
Everything said here will be quoted and used by UEFA and the French Police. I was actually with a Tory councillor who was appalled and we saw no bad behaviour from fans all day. No doubt Liverpool will be blamed for this and our fans will be at risk of even worse treatment moving forwards. There is an edginess developing around football again that reminds me of the eighties but it was not coming from our fans on Saturday. The atmosphere all day was great and the Real fans were also in a happy mood. Thank God we had such well behaved fans on both sides or people would have died at that shithole ground.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #3366 on: May 31, 2022, 01:31:19 pm »
For what it’s worth I saw local French lads bunking in over the fence and Liverpool fans bunking in. A group of Liverpool fans in front of me in the stadium were openly bragging about some of them bunking in. These people add to the problem. Doesn’t change the fact that the organization from uefa/police and local authority was inadequate.

Typical sense of entitlement behaviour that, bet he stands in someone's seat too

Needs to be some rules such as if you attempt or enter a stadium without a ticket you'll be banned for life due to health & safety, then it becomes a criminal matter if you trespass.

Photo ID or even Face Recognition is the way forward.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 01:41:20 pm by deanloco9 »

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3367 on: May 31, 2022, 01:33:02 pm »
Credit to our fans for being so patient and thoughtful, this could've been way worse. We need to ensure this doesn't happen again.

My PMs are open if anyone needs a chat by the way. I've personally found just writing about my experiences for my own records (and sharing shortened versions to LFC / Phil Scraton) to be useful in some form of catharsis. Somehow ended up at 5000 words and I'm still having the odd flashback - and I'm someone who narrowly missed the worst of the police brutality.
YNWA.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #3368 on: May 31, 2022, 01:37:23 pm »
Shambolic organisation from the French as per every single event that is held in that country.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #3369 on: May 31, 2022, 01:47:20 pm »

Typical sense of entitlement behaviour that, bet he stands in someone's seat too

Needs to be some rules such as if you attempt or enter a stadium without a ticket you'll be banned for life due to health & safety, then it becomes a criminal matter if you trespass.

Photo ID or even Face Recognition is the way forward.

One of the many issues is once they got the ticket checks at the gates back under way after closing all but one gate, anyone without a ticket or with a fake was just being sent out into the mass of people still "queuing" to get in.

I don't understand how they weren't detained or at least thrown out through a different place. Sending them back out just caused more aggro with Reds asking to see their ticket (most of them couldn't manage a word of English)

Offline Dagro

• Main Stander
« Reply #3370 on: May 31, 2022, 07:48:55 pm »
One of the many issues is once they got the ticket checks at the gates back under way after closing all but one gate, anyone without a ticket or with a fake was just being sent out into the mass of people still "queuing" to get in.

I don't understand how they weren't detained or at least thrown out through a different place. Sending them back out just caused more aggro with Reds asking to see their ticket (most of them couldn't manage a word of English)

This was our experience at gate B at 7.20, when we got to the gate. People stormed the gates and turnstiles, those that got tackled and caught by the security were just pushed back through the gate. Not arrested or detained, so they could try again later.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #3371 on: May 31, 2022, 10:34:09 pm »
Me dad got lucky , very lucky.

He says that he left the ground with about 10 minutes left ( I know ) and wanted to take the route he knew but the bizzies wouldn't let him. So he sticks his scarf and hat inside his fleece. As he's walking he spots about 200 of the locals and decided to chance it ( proper 3 Para B Coy that ) . He says that after about 30 yards a few of them got on his case going for his pockets and one of them had a blade. He goes ah fuck this if I'm going down I'll take one of youse with me ( proper 3 Para B Coy again ) he says that he couldn't land a dig and was kicked between his shoulder blades and ended up on the deck getting kicked . He gets up thinking I'm fucked here and his instincts were to get back to the bizzies. He says he got whipped up and took afew more kicks so he gets up again and was pulled back and says he back handed him and got out . He goes to the bizzies who threw in tear gas and battoned them . He then says it was scary for about an hour or so but managed to find a bar with a few reds in and someone charged his phone for him so he could get the name of his hotel. He's 73 for fucksake.

Iam not sure if I posted on here but have told loads of mates that Saint - Denis is one rough gaff as I was there for a bit in 2011. I think the crime rate is 31% above the national average.  I spoke to him earlier and he says he's sound but the curry he had on the ferry has fucked him more.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #3372 on: May 31, 2022, 11:03:55 pm »
This was our experience at gate B at 7.20, when we got to the gate. People stormed the gates and turnstiles, those that got tackled and caught by the security were just pushed back through the gate. Not arrested or detained, so they could try again later.

7:20? Christ. Then it happened in gate B again maybe about 8:50 after we'd got through gate A.

An absolute nightmare scenario

Offline Pinehurst Alan

• Main Stander
  • Cup Regular. 4+ games.
« Reply #3373 on: June 1, 2022, 02:39:21 pm »
The stories of large numbers of locals in the Madrid end start to explain the shitshow at the Liverpool end. The Real fans were there earlier, as the fanzone was so close. So the bunk at that end, by the locals, took the police and stewards by surprise. They decided they needed to prepare for the same thing and their plan was the ridiculous kettling and bottlenecks.

They are now lying through their teeth to avoid admitting they cocked up twice, once letting hu numbers bunk into the RM end and then causing dangerous chaos at the Liverpool end in repsonse.

I would challenge that view. I have a photo which shows the Madrid end at 7pm. It was sparse- about as populated as the Liverpool end. From what we know the kettling started 45 mins before that. All we saw bunking at the Liverpool end (note all appeared to be local lads) legged it straight into the stands. In short I don’t believe that the kettling was in response to what had happened at the Madrid end.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3374 on: June 1, 2022, 03:43:16 pm »
Highlight of the day was seeing Big Zuu getting abuse as he walked round the outside of the pitch prior to kick off. The rest was shite.

Fan park just a contrived, over complicated, poorly organised version of Madrid with 10000's more people. It's just become a pop concert now. Shite.

The stadium, police, organisation was a shambles. Paris is the toilet of Europe. Utterly shite day. Maybe the days of European Finals as a travelling Red have been and gone.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2022, 03:53:41 pm by Thomas »
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3375 on: June 1, 2022, 04:10:27 pm »
Highlight of the day was seeing Big Zuu getting abuse as he walked round the outside of the pitch prior to kick off. The rest was shite.

Fan park just a contrived, over complicated, poorly organised version of Madrid with 10000's more people. It's just become a pop concert now. Shite.

The stadium, police, organisation was a shambles. Paris is the toilet of Europe. Utterly shite day. Maybe the days of European Finals as a travelling Red have been and gone.

Not really sure why Big Zuu is getting the front for stick that should be directed at UEFA/FA and the Club. He has hospo at Anfield when he goes. The guy is an influencer/millionaire, of course he'll be at the biggest matches and often get free tickets from sponsors or at Wembley pays for hospo - he's only a symptom of the wider problem. Abusing him isn't going to solve that.

I don't agree with the way he's been using tickets to gain followers, but it was nice to see a disabled supporter get to go to the FA Cup Final with him in a premium hospo seat.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2022, 04:12:01 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #3376 on: June 1, 2022, 11:34:40 pm »
Saturday was the 7th time I've watched us in France, the only trouble I'd seen previously was people being tear gassed in Nice by the CRS, the night before we played at Monaco in 2004 & I'm not certain that was football supporters involved. Earlier that year we'd played in Marseille in the UEFA Cup, the authorities there seemed convinced they'd be trouble due to what happened with the England fans during the World Cup 98. Their wasn't any, Liverpool supporters & England fans are like chalk & cheese. So what happened at Wembley for the Final of Euro 2020 is irrelevant.

Also nobody forced Paris to take the final at 3 months notice. We've been in 3 finals in 5 years, so saying they only had 3 weeks to plan for us being there is ludicrous. I've no doubt Chelsea & Man City would have had similar problems to what we encountered.

I've never seen any trouble between us & Real Madrid supporters, not in Kiev 4 years ago, home & away in 2009 & 2014, or when we played at Atletico in 2008 or 2020 or the 2019 Final.

Using waist high tripods & multiple check points, opposed to full height turnstiles at Wembley. Saw 66% of the footfall we had for the FA Cup Final a fortnight before take up to 2.5 hours longer to enter the stadium. When you buy a ticket for a Champions League final & spend a small fortune, it shouldn't be a lottery whether you get in or not & you shouldn't be left sweating whether you get in for kick off.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3377 on: June 2, 2022, 11:35:55 am »
I dreamt about what happened last night. It’s been a couple of days now but I think about it a lot. I’ve not had time to think about the football itself, after the events that led to getting into the ground, the result doesn’t really matter right now. I’m staying away from most of the social media platforms. What a mess it was, looking forward to getting the chance to get to another European away game one day so I can wipe some of those memories away!!

Offline d_sig8489

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3378 on: June 2, 2022, 11:37:42 am »
The club are offering support to those at the final - https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-offers-support-fans-dealing-distressing-ucl-final-events - an absolute brilliant show from the club. I'm so proud of how LFC are dealing with this. I'd encourage anyone struggling to take this offer up. I wasn't caught in the worst of this but count myself very lucky that I wasn't, and have found talking about my experiences very helpful.

Anyone who hasn't completed the feedback on form, the club has asked you do it by 5th June

Offline squeeze84

• Main Stander
« Reply #3379 on: June 2, 2022, 02:29:26 pm »
I dreamt about what happened last night. It’s been a couple of days now but I think about it a lot. I’ve not had time to think about the football itself, after the events that led to getting into the ground, the result doesn’t really matter right now. I’m staying away from most of the social media platforms. What a mess it was, looking forward to getting the chance to get to another European away game one day so I can wipe some of those memories away!!

I’ve had the same thing. I dream that I’m walking up to the first checkpoint. What really helped me was getting the witness account down on paper. I’d recommend doing the same even if you don’t want to submit it. Getting the events untangled in your head really helps.

Been okay for the last 48 hours. The first 24 after getting home were dreadful.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2022, 02:36:25 pm by squeeze84 »

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #3380 on: June 2, 2022, 07:34:13 pm »
Me dad got lucky , very lucky.

He says that he left the ground with about 10 minutes left ( I know ) and wanted to take the route he knew but the bizzies wouldn't let him. So he sticks his scarf and hat inside his fleece. As he's walking he spots about 200 of the locals and decided to chance it ( proper 3 Para B Coy that ) . He says that after about 30 yards a few of them got on his case going for his pockets and one of them had a blade. He goes ah fuck this if I'm going down I'll take one of youse with me ( proper 3 Para B Coy again ) he says that he couldn't land a dig and was kicked between his shoulder blades and ended up on the deck getting kicked . He gets up thinking I'm fucked here and his instincts were to get back to the bizzies. He says he got whipped up and took afew more kicks so he gets up again and was pulled back and says he back handed him and got out . He goes to the bizzies who threw in tear gas and battoned them . He then says it was scary for about an hour or so but managed to find a bar with a few reds in and someone charged his phone for him so he could get the name of his hotel. He's 73 for fucksake.

Iam not sure if I posted on here but have told loads of mates that Saint - Denis is one rough gaff as I was there for a bit in 2011. I think the crime rate is 31% above the national average.  I spoke to him earlier and he says he's sound but the curry he had on the ferry has fucked him more.
Sorry to hear that about your dad mate - hope he's ok....although the trauma may last a bit. Good to see he's still got his sense of humour with the curry comment !

I was with the crowd going out and encountered dozens of the scumbags running towards the crowds armed with knives and screaming out in French - don't mind admitting I was terrified, but kept me head down and made it to the station

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #3381 on: June 2, 2022, 07:37:42 pm »
Not sure if you've seen already, but there's also this link the club posted yesterday I think for those that may need support....

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-offers-support-fans-dealing-distressing-ucl-final-events

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3382 on: June 2, 2022, 08:04:33 pm »
Not sure if you've seen already, but there's also this link the club posted yesterday I think for those that may need support....

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-offers-support-fans-dealing-distressing-ucl-final-events

I’m ok mate thanks. I managed to avoid being tear gassed, robbed, beaten up etc. my thoughts were more with those who I spoke to in and around the ground who’d been affected. It’s not good when you find yourself in a situation you have very little control of. Must be thinking too much to be dreaming about it!!

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #3383 on: June 5, 2022, 08:25:46 pm »
This is a pretty good account. Plus my ugly mug used and loads of my footage.

https://www.facebook.com/Storyful/posts/pfbid0fbSMPRzSe4Dx8BcpkmSEZv5jYbjsk2FBwx64QXNrdTckEzGnHMqvvcE3PDRBZds9l
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #3384 on: June 5, 2022, 08:42:52 pm »
I’m ok mate thanks. I managed to avoid being tear gassed, robbed, beaten up etc. my thoughts were more with those who I spoke to in and around the ground who’d been affected. It’s not good when you find yourself in a situation you have very little control of. Must be thinking too much to be dreaming about it!!

Don't belittle anything mate. You may not have been tear gassed or twatted with a baton but we were all affected..

I thought I was OK at kick. Reflecting back. Pretty far from OK

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #3385 on: June 6, 2022, 12:34:40 am »
You're not alone mate - I didn't experience those things you mention either but, as Mark says above, we're all affected in some way.....we may have known someone, family or even best mates getting mugged, robbed, beaten or worse. That experience for them was horrendous and extremely traumatic - but, those close to them can also suffer by sharing that trauma. I haven't stopped thinking about the appalling events from last weekend....but, that will pass in time (hopefully). Apparently, it takes 4 - 6 weeks to process a traumatic event....the healing can take a bit longer.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #3386 on: June 7, 2022, 10:34:33 pm »
Had 2 different Arsenal fans ask me about my experiences in Paris, which I've shared with them. I asked back did they experience similar in 2006. The response from both was no, they'd had a similar experiences in Paris for the Cup Winners Cup Final against Zaragoza in 1995, so wouldn't travel to France to watch them again.