Author Topic: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)  (Read 420190 times)

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
Re: Welcome Luis Diaz!
« Reply #2400 on: January 16, 2023, 05:35:14 pm »
He looks a long way off returning.

He looks on schedule. But yes, that's still a long way off. A couple of months yet.

Offline Dumbstar

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2401 on: January 16, 2023, 06:40:21 pm »
He looks a long way off returning.

Indeed. Plus it usually takes 3-4 games to get back up to speed.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2402 on: January 16, 2023, 07:21:33 pm »
He was on fire when he first joined and it carried on, we miss him like mad.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2403 on: January 16, 2023, 07:30:42 pm »
How’s the knee injury he had compared to chamberlain for example? Do we expect him to lose his explosiveness and pace or is his injury nowhere as bad as chamberlain?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2404 on: January 16, 2023, 07:47:27 pm »
How’s the knee injury he had compared to chamberlain for example? Do we expect him to lose his explosiveness and pace or is his injury nowhere as bad as chamberlain?

Considering Chamberlain was out for almost 12 months and Diaz up to three months, I think that gives you an indication. Im no Welshred, but what Ox had (and Gomez and Van Dijk) was pretty much as bad as it gets.

Also Mane had a knee operation in his first season as well.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2405 on: January 16, 2023, 07:49:01 pm »
Gomez had the worst of the lot and he's still quick as fuck.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2406 on: January 16, 2023, 07:50:48 pm »
Considering Chamberlain was out for almost 12 months and Diaz up to three months, I think that gives you an indication. Im no Welshred, but what Ox had (and Gomez and Van Dijk) was pretty much as bad as it gets.

Also Mane had a knee operation in his first season as well.

Chamberlain had a history of constant injuries before we signed him, including his knee
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2407 on: January 16, 2023, 08:06:43 pm »
Chamberlain had a history of constant injuries before we signed him, including his knee

He did, but that injury against Roma was by far the worst and pretty much stifled him.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2408 on: January 16, 2023, 08:10:34 pm »

Ox's was about as bad as it gets, torn anterior cruciate ligament, ruptured lateral collateral ligament, medial ligament was damaged and lateral hamstring tendon torn clean off the bone.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline lfcmaster45

• Main Stander
« Reply #2409 on: January 16, 2023, 08:20:40 pm »
I wouldn’t play Diaz this season

No need to rush him back

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2410 on: January 16, 2023, 08:27:16 pm »
March is the time frame.
with 20 league games left, the start of march means there will 6  league games by then(Plus 1 CL/2 or more Fa cup possible). Idk if start of march or middle etc

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2411 on: January 16, 2023, 08:58:09 pm »
Ok, what we can see here is that this injury was to his left knee…the same as his first injury..

So, this seems like a reinjury rather than a new one…..  which I would argue is marginally better for his body but nit so great for the reputation of our rehab team
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2412 on: January 16, 2023, 09:54:03 pm »
Ok, what we can see here is that this injury was to his left knee…the same as his first injury..

So, this seems like a reinjury rather than a new one…..  which I would argue is marginally better for his body but nit so great for the reputation of our rehab team

Thankfully they have slot of goodwill in the bank.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2413 on: January 16, 2023, 11:08:56 pm »

Have to pick their spots, so they do...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2414 on: January 16, 2023, 11:12:36 pm »

The rumour was (unconfirmed I think) that it was a different ligament (MCL then LCL IIRC - acronym overload) not a different leg. It'd be tough to say they weren't related injuries though, it's very common to get compensatory injuries during rehabilitation.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2415 on: January 16, 2023, 11:16:54 pm »
The rumour was (unconfirmed I think) that it was a different ligament (MCL then LCL IIRC - acronym overload) not a different leg. It'd be tough to say they weren't related injuries though, it's very common to get compensatory injuries during rehabilitation.
It's a group of muscles and ligaments doing their part for the same job. Injure one of them and the others become more vulnerable. 
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2416 on: January 17, 2023, 07:30:07 am »
Yes, that’s fair..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2417 on: January 17, 2023, 01:19:15 pm »

I'd read that too, first was the MCL, then he injured the LCL in training. It's hard to say though as the club haven't specifically said which ligament(s) were involved. About the only things we can be pretty sure on is that the first injury wasn't a full tear (grade 2 I think that is) due to the 6-8 weeks recovery period and a full tear is the second injury due to the 12 weeks.

Re-injury is also possible though, that's par for the course when getting back to fitness with ligament injuries.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2418 on: January 26, 2023, 09:53:36 am »
Lad got a mural!

sauce, Norwegian site
@Yvanicuzz

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #2419 on: January 26, 2023, 09:57:18 am »
It's a group of muscles and ligaments doing their part for the same job. Injure one of them and the others become more vulnerable. 

You're thinking of midfielders,  mate.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2420 on: January 26, 2023, 10:51:57 am »
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2421 on: January 26, 2023, 10:52:21 am »

You're thinking of midfielders,  mate.

;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #2422 on: January 27, 2023, 11:21:33 am »
Very cool.  :)

is that letterboxes for fan mail and get well soon cards?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2423 on: January 27, 2023, 01:30:22 pm »
is that letterboxes for fan mail and get well soon cards?

It's the inside view of Iron Man's helmet after he shattered Diaz's knee. Explains the set-back.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2424 on: January 28, 2023, 03:07:53 am »
It's the inside view of Iron Man's helmet after he shattered Diaz's knee. Explains the set-back.

No wonder Iron Man died in Endgame he had Diaz blocking his heads up display.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2425 on: February 10, 2023, 03:13:00 pm »
https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1623933281631719424

Speaking English on camera for the first time.  :D

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2426 on: February 10, 2023, 04:03:19 pm »
Seems like he is still a month away?
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2427 on: February 10, 2023, 04:26:43 pm »
Seems like he is still a month away?

They said March and it won't be rushed. He got injured in Dubai so its going to be middle of the month most likely.

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2428 on: February 10, 2023, 04:31:40 pm »
They said March and it won't be rushed. He got injured in Dubai so its going to be middle of the month most likely.

Yup, that was the established timeline but Klopp said last week (3rd Feb interview) that "Luis Diaz is back running but is still a few weeks away", so looking at today's sky tweet it was adding up to another 4-6 weeks so was just confirming + plus wishful thinking.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2429 on: February 10, 2023, 04:35:43 pm »
Yup, that was the established timeline but Klopp said last week (3rd Feb interview) that "Luis Diaz is back running but is still a few weeks away", so looking at today's sky tweet it was adding up to another 4-6 weeks so was just confirming + plus wishful thinking.

We're all dying to see the lad back, he's been missed so much.

Fucking Arsenal bastards :wanker

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2430 on: February 10, 2023, 06:15:40 pm »
I've actually forgot what it's like to see this lad play. Feels like forever.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2431 on: February 10, 2023, 07:12:12 pm »
We're all dying to see the lad back, he's been missed so much.

Fucking Arsenal bastards :wanker

with no foul even called. didn't they also score on that play?

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2432 on: February 10, 2023, 08:45:25 pm »
with no foul even called. didn't they also score on that play?

Really?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2433 on: February 10, 2023, 08:49:03 pm »
Really?

The no foul called part - 100%

The scoring part - I can't recall. That game pissed me off between our brain lapse before half-time and then the fake penalty after we made it 2-2.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2434 on: February 10, 2023, 08:54:35 pm »

Not sure where you're getting 4-6 weeks from.

Jürgen Klopp on February 3: "Luis is running now, it will take a few weeks still but he is now out on the pitch as well running, which is really good."

Another week has passed since then already. I know he had a setback before and some of the players (I can only think of Firmino right now) have been longer than we were initially told but the injury estimates have been pretty accurate for most and some like Milner and van Dijk even returned quicker than expected from their muscle injuries.

I think we were told at one point he was 2 weeks behind Jota so it likely is more like 2-3 weeks assuming no further setbacks.

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2435 on: February 11, 2023, 01:18:05 am »
Not sure where you're getting 4-6 weeks from.

The sky snap quoted the question with Luis against Real at the Bernabeu, that match is on March 15, 5 weeks from now. Adding what I asked based on Klopp's input on 3rd Feb, it makes it 6 weeks.

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2436 on: February 11, 2023, 01:25:05 am »
The no foul called part - 100%

The scoring part - I can't recall. That game pissed me off between our brain lapse before half-time and then the fake penalty after we made it 2-2.

Gabriel hand ball in the first half as well, yes let's just stop talking.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2437 on: February 11, 2023, 01:41:35 am »
The sky snap quoted the question with Luis against Real at the Bernabeu, that match is on March 15, 5 weeks from now. Adding what I asked based on Klopp's input on 3rd Feb, it makes it 6 weeks.

Cheers, hadn't seen the longer clip. Though the narrator just says "fans will be hoping he's back for the match at the Bernabéu" and Díaz himself is vague enough with his answer that it could be sooner than that or even later. It doesn't seem like Sky have any insider info on his timeline to me.

It likely will be March though before he's match fit but 6 weeks seems a long time when he's already been running for 2 weeks and Klopp suggested last week he'd be in full training in 2-3 weeks.

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2438 on: February 11, 2023, 02:21:04 am »
Cheers, hadn't seen the longer clip. Though the narrator just says "fans will be hoping he's back for the match at the Bernabéu" and Díaz himself is vague enough with his answer that it could be sooner than that or even later. It doesn't seem like Sky have any insider info on his timeline to me.

It likely will be March though before he's match fit but 6 weeks seems a long time when he's already been running for 2 weeks and Klopp suggested last week he'd be in full training in 2-3 weeks.

I do, like all of us, hope its sooner rather than later! March is far away though  :butt
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 02:26:18 am by shank94 »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2439 on: February 11, 2023, 08:10:59 am »
I do, like all of us, hope its sooner rather than later! March is far away though  :butt

Its only a 28 day month, so its here quicker than you'd think ;)