Author Topic: Holidays 2022 - what are you doing this year?  (Read 31118 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Holidays 2022 - what are you doing this year?
« on: January 5, 2022, 07:57:03 pm »
We're supposed to be in Tenerife mid Feb, but needs the Spanish rules changing back to accept a PCR, as our 13 yr old isn't eligible for his 2nd jab until the 23rd Feb. If it gets cancelled, then we are going to go to Lanzarote Boxing Day,

Got a weekend away at Easter in Haven Prestaytyn.

October off to Side in Turkey.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Holidays 2022 - what are you doing this year?
« Reply #1 on: January 5, 2022, 08:05:14 pm »
Fuerta in a couple of weeks for a couple of weeks, then Barca a bit after that for a long weekend. They'll prob both be cancelled  ::)

Other than that we're going to just see where things lie come summer and get away somewhere, and trying to organise a skiing holiday for after Xmas over NY.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2 on: January 5, 2022, 08:06:00 pm »
We were supposed to go away in Feb, but had another death in the family and with Covid restrictions amd worry, likely to be waiting til June or so now.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3 on: January 5, 2022, 08:06:45 pm »
Nothing booked. Meant to be getting a dog early summer so won’t be able to do much after that. Would be nice to go away beforehand but not booking anything anytime soon.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 5, 2022, 08:15:22 pm »
Marrakech in May with my wife and her brothers. Would love for that to get cancelled and get a refund, don't want to go at all.

Dubai in September for 10 days. Singapore and Bali were my first choice but Asia is unporedictable with Covid so had to make do with Dubai. Then maybe a UK getaway in July for a few nights.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2022, 08:18:41 pm by I've been a good boy. »

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 5, 2022, 08:33:09 pm »

Got a weekend away at Easter in Haven Prestaytyn.

What's that punishment for?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: January 5, 2022, 08:47:03 pm »
St.Andrew’s as we have tickets for the open
Lake District as well

2 weeks of bliss
Only told 2 family members due to the fucking covid deniers. Fuck em and will cause WW3 but I’m not driving about visiting family. Having a Scottish golf break and then relax and walk the second week

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #7 on: January 5, 2022, 09:41:05 pm »
Californian road trip in May (hopefully!) Napa, Yosemite, Monterey. LA area, and San Diego area.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #8 on: January 5, 2022, 09:52:43 pm »
Hoping to drive through France in late May/ early June and heading for the Loire Valley and then the Dordogne.

Last time I drove in France was in 1977 on the way to Rome in a Ford Cortina with four hungover passengers who'd started on the spirits on the hovercraft. It'll be a bit more decorous this time.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #9 on: January 5, 2022, 09:56:05 pm »

It was a raffle prize. 2nd prize was a full week
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #10 on: January 6, 2022, 08:03:41 am »
Californian road trip in May (hopefully!) Napa, Yosemite, Monterey. LA area, and San Diego area.

Done this in 2019, mind blowing experience. San Diego especially is outstanding, if you get a chance go for a mooch around the Gaslamp area.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 6, 2022, 09:24:45 am »
Cancun with the lads in May.  All inclusive spa resort. Should be nice and relaxing ;)
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 6, 2022, 09:29:44 am »
Missus is a bit more risk-averse than me so nothing booked as of yet.

It's my birthday in Feb, was hoping to get away for that. Found flights to Rome but she baulked at it due to the omicron uncertainty. To be fair, it'd be pretty shit to be on a city break with night curfews in place as the food and drink is a big reason we go on these trips.

We'd like to do a road trip to Champagne in April time with our in-laws. Got a new electric car recently so fancied trying it out for a long distance drive. Might still go ahead with that.

Summer - no plans as of yet. We've talked about keeping it flexible and booking somewhere which looks safe and if restrictions are looking unlikely to kick in. My cousin has opened an eco-lodge in Costa Rica so it'd be good to visit her and do a bit of touring around the country.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #13 on: January 6, 2022, 09:38:01 am »
Hoping for a stag do in Bruges and a honeymoon in Italy. Probably do a weekend in Chester for both.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 6, 2022, 09:41:08 am »
Istanbul for a few days then a week in Antalya in April.

Then Singapore for a few days in November and onto either Thailand, Indonesia or similar on the same trip for 10 days ish.

Can't bloody wait to get back travelling!
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15 on: January 6, 2022, 10:08:38 am »
Nothing booked yet, will probably look at doing something in June once daughter finishes in college
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 6, 2022, 10:21:44 am »
Can't see us going anywhere unless covid miraculously disappears so we'll take advantage of visiting family in other parts of the UK.

We'll also get out and see more of the Island.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 6, 2022, 10:25:27 am »
Cancun with the lads in May.  All inclusive spa resort. Should be nice and relaxing ;)

Make sure you pack your bullet proof vest

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 6, 2022, 10:30:12 am »

;D

I booked it, we actually like it there - the caravans are nice and we go for walks on the beach and in the dunes, nice relaxing few days away.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 6, 2022, 11:13:06 am »
;D

I booked it, we actually like it there - the caravans are nice and we go for walks on the beach and in the dunes, nice relaxing few days away.

What's Prestatyn like as a holiday place Rob?

I'm in the process of buying an apartment there and might put it up as a holiday let next summer if it doesn't sell once I've refurbished it.

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: January 6, 2022, 11:13:20 am »
Jamaica in April then Cornwall in June.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #21 on: January 6, 2022, 11:53:05 am »
My Mum was 90 at the end of 2020 and we didn't get to celebrate it all.  So we have booked a huge holiday cottage in North Wales for the end of next month, with 11 of us going for a delayed celebration.  My Mum is Welsh so we are hoping the weather will allow us to take her to the place of her birth, which is the stunningly beautiful Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant.  She wants to see it while she is still able, so fingers crossed that will happen.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #22 on: January 6, 2022, 02:10:40 pm »

All shaved heads and tatts.

And the men look rough, too.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 6, 2022, 02:11:30 pm »
My Mum was 90 at the end of 2020 and we didn't get to celebrate it all.  So we have booked a huge holiday cottage in North Wales for the end of next month, with 11 of us going for a delayed celebration.  My Mum is Welsh so we are hoping the weather will allow us to take her to the place of her birth, which is the stunningly beautiful Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant.  She wants to see it while she is still able, so fingers crossed that will happen.

:thumbup

Sounds great and hope you're able to do all you plan.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 6, 2022, 02:14:29 pm »
I'm 50 later this month and the plan was to have a 'big' holiday this year to celebrate.

Nothing booked so far, and the options on the table are all mega-expensive. Cruise holidays are eye-wateringly pricey compared to what we paid in 2019.

Looks like another week in Jockland, too. I'm not that fussed, but the wife and kids are really wanting to return.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25 on: January 6, 2022, 02:16:52 pm »

Wahey! :D

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #26 on: January 6, 2022, 02:29:34 pm »
Hoping to drive through France in late May/ early June and heading for the Loire Valley and then the Dordogne.

The Loire Valley is tremendous - good shout.
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 6, 2022, 02:36:41 pm »

I'll fit in then  :P

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 6, 2022, 02:49:12 pm »
What do people do on "holiday"?

I struggle to do holidays, unless there's some sort of adventure goal involved.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 6, 2022, 02:57:40 pm »

I'm in the process of buying an apartment there and might put it up as a holiday let next summer if it doesn't sell once I've refurbished it.

Never actually go into the town itself (Unless I'm delivering to the Tesco), we tend to stay on the site and wander along the beach and the dunes. It doesn't seem that bad when I drove through, looked better than Flint anyway ;D

Relax, unwind, sunbathe, go for walks and swim. Meals out of a night and just get some quality family time in. Or we'll do Florida for the theme parks. When we went to Dubai, we went Kayaking, hired a 3 man jet boat thingy, flew some birds of prey and I went pistol shooting on a proper range at a restaurant. I also love to chat to the staff, got pretty friendly with a few locals in Tenerife, have made a friend from Germany and in Dubai I used to sit every morning and chat to the lads who worked around the pool, they were from places like India, Sri Lanka and Nepal and I had a great time learning about their homes and families.

Did a few City breaks with an ex, we'd go look around the City, visit museums and stuff like that.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2022, 03:03:12 pm by rob1966 »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 6, 2022, 02:59:29 pm »

Depends on the holiday!

Ours generally involve a lot of time in and around the pool (I prefer a villa with its own pool) and maintaining a 'pleasantly tipsy' level. A couple of days out sightseeing. A couple of days at a beach (I love the sea). Meal out on a night. Just a week of mildly inebriated relaxation.

When we went to Scotland last summer, it was more active. Climbed a big hill (I wouldn't class it as a mountain), went paddleboarding, hired a motorboat for an afternoon and did some mackerel fishing, toured right around that cock-shaped bit (Kintyre).

Done the Florida thing with theme parks every other day. Done cruising.

In 2020 we drove to the Vendee in France and took the dog for a week, which I loved, but the rest of the family weren't sold on France.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 6, 2022, 03:00:46 pm »

Our holidays were always a get away from everything type of thing.

Somewhere remote with good walks, no crowds and preferably not hot and sunny but now we've moved we've got that everyday so no real need to go away.

Before I met Paul it was kayaking every weekend with snowboarding, abseiling, canyoning, coasteering and any other adrenaline type activity.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 6, 2022, 03:03:55 pm »
Never actually go into the town itself (Unless I'm delivering to the Tesco), we tend to stay on the site and wander along the beach and the dunes. It doesn't seem that bad when I drove through, looked better than Flint anyway ;D

The parts of town I've seen look ok too, certainly better than Rhyl.  The apartment is a ten minute walk from the main beach close to the train station.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 6, 2022, 03:09:46 pm »
Our holidays were always a get away from everything type of thing.

Before I met Paul it was kayaking every weekend with snowboarding, abseiling, canyoning, coasteering and any other adrenaline type activity.

Sounds great.

I've always had issues with people abseiling as an activity in itself. I abseil a lot, but as an often necessary part of rock climbing. I hate it as, although it's occasionally necessary, it's often the most dangerous part of climbing/mountaineering (responsible for a large percentage of climbing deaths). There is a difference between abseiling for the sake of abseiling and abseiling as part of climbing. In the former anchors are always placed on a structure and are 100% reliable, in climbing you have to make do using natural features (rock, trees etc) with the potential for failure.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 6, 2022, 03:29:36 pm »
Sounds great.

I've always had issues with people abseiling as an activity in itself. I abseil a lot, but as an often necessary part of rock climbing. I hate it as, although it's occasionally necessary, it's often the most dangerous part of climbing/mountaineering (responsible for a large percentage of climbing deaths). There is a difference between abseiling for the sake of abseiling and abseiling as part of climbing. In the former anchors are always placed on a structure and are 100% reliable, in climbing you have to make do using natural features (rock, trees etc) with the potential for failure.

The first time I tried it was with all our kayakers up the Old Man of Coniston with a proper instructor. 

I'm terrified of heights and didn't think I'd be able to do it but one of the lads we kayaked with was a tree surgeon and once all the ropes were set up he showed me how easy and safe it was to control getting down. 

Once I'd done it I was straight back up for another go though I'm not sure I'd want to do it from a tall building like the Shard!

I definitely couldn't rock climb though so fair play if that's your thing.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 6, 2022, 03:46:17 pm »

Depends on the nature of the holiday.

For city breaks we like to wander around with a few things on a list to see. Otherwise just explore. Main reason for city breaks is to experience the food, drink and culture of the place. I love Italy for this - every city we've been to has excellent wine, local dishes and a vibrant night life.

For big holidays, we will travel around and very rarely stay in one place. Usually hire a car or book a route with some internal flights. I'll incorporate a challenge of some sort (usually a big hike) and will see multiple cities/towns/destinations. The food is again a big part of our trip - we'll plan out a few restaurants we want to visit and a few local dishes to try.

My missus enjoys a bit of beach time so we'll usually incorporate this at the end of the trip with a few days to unwind before heading home.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #36 on: January 6, 2022, 03:50:40 pm »
Due to be flying to Florida on 31st Jan, going with another couple who've had their honeymoon cancelled twice already, so hoping they're not a jinx ha.

Wife, and i, are going to be locking ourselves in 2 weeks prior to avoid any chance of catching anything. The test 24 hours before you fly is tempering any excitement i can have, as until that comes back negative i won't relax.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2022, 05:58:02 pm by frag »

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 6, 2022, 03:56:39 pm »
Ten of us Have a house booked in vale de lobo in Portugal in June that was supposed to be done last June , was cancelled the day before due to going from green to amber and have booked a Mediterranean cruise on the queen Elizabeth in August for two weeks .

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 6, 2022, 04:32:36 pm »
The test 24 hours before you fly is tempering any excitement i can have, as until that comes back positive i won't relax.

???

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 6, 2022, 05:11:35 pm »
Marrakech in May with my wife and her brothers. Would love for that to get cancelled and get a refund, don't want to go at all.
Any particular reason? Have spoken to cousin about going there for a few days this year but not sure I'd be comfortable traveling abroad yet

Weekend away in Lake District where I've never been before. Going to stick to the UK yet. Don't think planes are something I'd like especially long haul flights anytime soon.