Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3121560 times)

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #46960 on: November 30, 2022, 11:18:16 pm »
we need to go after Macalister. seems like a player with a lot of desire to improve.

Probably save on admin and reuse Gary Macs details

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46961 on: December 1, 2022, 12:05:46 am »
This Bellingham story quite reminds of the VVD one honestly. Hopefully with a similar outcome!

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #46962 on: December 1, 2022, 01:18:33 am »

Belliingham signs, Trent announces England retirement the next day.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #46963 on: December 1, 2022, 02:11:44 am »

If he doesn't come here, he's one hell of a massive tease

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46964 on: December 1, 2022, 02:44:04 am »
I agree with that. In this age of carefully managed social media, Bellingham has allowed himself lots of exposure to, and links with, Liverpool players. If he isn’t coming to Liverpool, it is careless on his part.

I think he is coming.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46965 on: December 1, 2022, 02:56:54 am »
If he doesn't come here, he's one hell of a massive tease
We are signing him.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46966 on: December 1, 2022, 04:41:26 am »
He didn't do that on purpose though did he? The staff didn't get together and say hey lets have a terrible start to the season it'll be perfect timing just after Pep has released his book.

Oh ok, so some books are allowed and others aren't. I got it.

Not his fault, but it does explain some of the negative responses to him since it becomes an easy target, even though it shouldn't.

There's a clear difference between a ghost-written autobiography puff piece that says nothing and a book that is more akin to Amazon's "all or nothing" series and you are clearly being disingenuous to suggest otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2022, 04:50:49 am by Skeeve »

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46967 on: December 1, 2022, 06:50:54 am »
I do wish people wouldn't throw names in here after watching an international tournament. You should have all learnt your lessons after drooling over half of the Danish team from the last Euros.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #46968 on: December 1, 2022, 08:02:45 am »
I agree with that. In this age of carefully managed social media, Bellingham has allowed himself lots of exposure to, and links with, Liverpool players. If he isn’t coming to Liverpool, it is careless on his part.

I think he is coming.
Has he been seen with players from other teams though? We obviously only care when he's seen with ours.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #46969 on: December 1, 2022, 08:35:33 am »
TAA off to Borussia Dortmund
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46970 on: December 1, 2022, 08:48:59 am »
Has he been seen with players from other teams though? We obviously only care when he's seen with ours.

In a video when asked to name all 20 Premier League teams the first name he said was Man City……..

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46971 on: December 1, 2022, 08:52:26 am »
we need to go after Macalister. seems like a player with a lot of desire to improve.
Brighton played a blinder, was out of contract next summer and got him to sign a new deal last month.

Going to be  £40 million plus.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46972 on: December 1, 2022, 08:53:23 am »
Brighton played a blinder, was out of contract next summer and got him to sign a new deal last month.

Going to be  £40 million plus.

Have to question why on earth he signed that contract. His agent needs kicking.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46973 on: December 1, 2022, 09:12:40 am »
Have to question why on earth he signed that contract. His agent needs kicking.

He wasn't really spoken about or sought after until this season? So no guarantee he was going to get a decent move. Plus I imagine he got a nice wage increase.

He only started 22 games last season - came on as a sub in 13 and was an unused sub in 3. So yeah, hardly someone who would have had a bunch of bigger clubs sniffing around. 
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46974 on: December 1, 2022, 09:15:35 am »
This Bellingham story quite reminds of the VVD one honestly. Hopefully with a similar outcome!

Our individual success stories (like Van Dijk, Salah, Alisson, Mane) will certainly play a role in Bellingham's decision. Players obviously flourish under Klopp, get a lot of exposure due to the size of our club, and easily enter the talk of the top individual rewards like the Ballon d'Or.

I know people will once again laugh at it, but being successful at LFC brings much more individual commercial deals than being successful at Man City or Newcastle. That is one of the reasons why Real Madrid are so attractive to many players. They give the most exposure.

Personally, I think that LFC and Real Madrid are the only two realistic destinations for Bellingham. We hold certain advantages over them in Bellingham's case (his nationality, Jurgen), and the presence of Tchouameni, Valverde and Camavinga on their team could actually work in our favor ...

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46975 on: December 1, 2022, 09:24:34 am »

Great point. I wonder if on the Man City message boards (if they have one) there are similar photos. I'm sure all players have been posting loads of photos with each other.
I haven't really seen Bellingham play much to be honest. The money seems mental for someone so unproven. If its fair to call him that. A lot seem to say that Declan Rice is way overhyped because he's English and nowhere near as good as people say or worth the money West Ham would be asking. Don't hear the same for Bellingham. Is he a much better player than Rice is?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #46976 on: December 1, 2022, 09:25:35 am »
Don't hear the same for Bellingham. Is he a much better player than Rice is?

Yes.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46977 on: December 1, 2022, 09:35:38 am »
Great point. I wonder if on the Man City message boards (if they have one) there are similar photos. I'm sure all players have been posting loads of photos with each other.
I haven't really seen Bellingham play much to be honest. The money seems mental for someone so unproven. If its fair to call him that. A lot seem to say that Declan Rice is way overhyped because he's English and nowhere near as good as people say or worth the money West Ham would be asking. Don't hear the same for Bellingham. Is he a much better player than Rice is?

I think with Bellingham you need to consider his age. He's still seven months away from turning 20 but look at the experience he's amassed already. He's in his third season as a starter with Borussia Dortmund, and before that he had a season as a starter in the Championship. That's a crazy amount of experience for someone so young, and then you consider the fact that he's starring (and excelling) in the Champions League and now is doing the same at the World Cup for a good side. It's not like he's just playing and going relatively unnoticed either, from what I've seen he's often the best player in his side and he's essentially become the leader (or one of them) in the Dortmund team. And again, all while still being a teenager!

It's phenom-level stuff. And he seems to have a proper head on his shoulders, incredibly driven, so you'd expect him to get better and better. No guarantee of course, but that's why his fee is going to be so big. You're not only signing someone who is already a top-class midfielder, you're anticipating that he's going to be one of the best of his generation.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #46978 on: December 1, 2022, 09:38:10 am »
Plus he's got a good injury record, and physically looks more than capable of playing under Klopp.  He's over 6ft tall and very nimble with it.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46979 on: December 1, 2022, 10:06:02 am »
I think with Bellingham you need to consider his age. He's still seven months away from turning 20 but look at the experience he's amassed already. He's in his third season as a starter with Borussia Dortmund, and before that he had a season as a starter in the Championship. That's a crazy amount of experience for someone so young, and then you consider the fact that he's starring (and excelling) in the Champions League and now is doing the same at the World Cup for a good side. It's not like he's just playing and going relatively unnoticed either, from what I've seen he's often the best player in his side and he's essentially become the leader (or one of them) in the Dortmund team. And again, all while still being a teenager!

It's phenom-level stuff. And he seems to have a proper head on his shoulders, incredibly driven, so you'd expect him to get better and better. No guarantee of course, but that's why his fee is going to be so big. You're not only signing someone who is already a top-class midfielder, you're anticipating that he's going to be one of the best of his generation.

Fair points. I just find it difficult sometimes to gauge how good someone is because of the tendency by the media to hype them up way beyond where they should be. The being a leader thing is a big thing though. I did hear or read that in some fiery German games he was in the thick of it, I love that and I think every team needs that, especially in the middle or you'll get eaten up. Kloppo seems mightily impressed by him. That'll do for me if so.
Also, I hope we all apply the Sancho caveat here. Harbour a hope of getting him for silly money picture him in our team and watch the Dortmund highlights, then if he goes to a rival team he's pish, another over rated English player and a money grabbing bastard

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #46980 on: December 1, 2022, 10:23:04 am »
I do wish people wouldn't throw names in here after watching an international tournament. You should have all learnt your lessons after drooling over half of the Danish team from the last Euros.

Dude, a couple of these players turn out for Brighton Hove Albion, another for Ajax (who we played twice this season, and a third plays for Benfica, who it feels like we've played as well (have we?).

The only World Cup one is Gapko but I reckon he's headed for Man United.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2022, 10:25:20 am by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46981 on: December 1, 2022, 10:34:52 am »
Fwiw both you and Craig are good "eggs" and it's people such as yourselves that have kept me coming back to RAWK year after year
I saw what you did there  ;D. I'm thinking of changing user name to mark the great man's retirement from playing, I understand he's now head of nutrition at Burnley  ;)
Very kind of you to say that. There's lots of really knowledgeable well-informed posters on here, and I don't include myself in that. I've learned loads from so many people on this site and probably like others get a bit defensive when a handful of people start treating the place like an extension of Twitter.

Where else could you learn about what telly to buy, what a podge spanner is, find out about different music and films, get links to footy clips (thanks Jason) as well as footy comment, current affairs, mental health, building and gardening tips and even get a chance to rant about middle lane drivers.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46982 on: December 1, 2022, 10:37:43 am »

Sides that win tournaments tend to have better players. I look forward to seeing Torben Piechnik in our defence.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46983 on: December 1, 2022, 10:59:14 am »
Dortmund’s MD on Jude Bellingham potentially moving to Liverpool

https://twitter.com/VietnamNewsVNS/status/1598268228660494336

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #46984 on: December 1, 2022, 11:05:03 am »
Its on

Online Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #46985 on: December 1, 2022, 11:27:47 am »
This will be simultaneously gut-wrenching and hilarious if he ultimately decides to go somewhere else. The shit-stirrer in me almost wishes it so.     
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #46986 on: December 1, 2022, 11:43:01 am »
Liverpool want an AC Milan midfielder, AC Milan want two of Liverpool’s midfielders.

Our ones are not so tough to decide; they were linked with Naby Keita last summer and that’s still the case now, with the Rossoneri hoping they can land him on a free.

But they also want Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for free, say Italian outlet Calciomercato.

Also in Italy, and somewhat more reputably, Corriere dello Sport say Jurgen Klopp is very keen to sign Ismael Bennacer, with the suggestion we’ve already offered a proposal.

He has 18 months left and the Reds are among the teams keen – but the report also says we place Jude Bellingham higher.

There was also some talk of want £12 million for Naby and £8 million for Ox in January, but I doubt teams would pay for them then when they can get them for free in a few months ?
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46987 on: December 1, 2022, 11:46:14 am »
Also some talk of us wanting Bennacer from Milan.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46988 on: December 1, 2022, 11:51:52 am »
There was also some talk of want £12 million for Naby and £8 million for Ox in January, but I doubt teams would pay for them then when they can get them for free in a few months ?

I think the issue would be the players rather than the clubs, since players who leave on a free tend to negotiate big signing on and wage bonuses with their next club. Either way it seems unlikely.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46989 on: December 1, 2022, 12:57:29 pm »

He looks like a Xenomorph.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #46990 on: December 1, 2022, 12:59:50 pm »

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46991 on: December 1, 2022, 01:06:42 pm »
What the hell is up with his long head?!

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #46992 on: December 1, 2022, 01:24:45 pm »
Its amazing to see all the talk about Bellingham and no alternatives whatsoever. Guys brilliant and really done well in Germany. But we saw that with Naby Kieta and we saw that with Jadon Sancho and some of us were desperate for us to shell out £80million for him. Chelsea paid I think £90million for Kai Havertz an hes not all that. Pulisic another one. And then the one we all moaned about losing Timo Werner and look what happened there.

Bundesliga is great but I don’t think it’s a true reflection of how good a player will be in the premier league which is a completely different ball game. Look at Gnabry ripping it up for Bayern after not getting games at Arsenal. Really don’t think we gonna  take a “risk” and pay £100million plus for Bellingham. I would be surprised. Love it if we do and he succeeds but doubt we gonna do so sadly.

I remember a few years back how some of us wanted us to get Delle Alli at all costs. He fell off a cliff and then Everton paid something like £40million and he fell even further and now at Beşiktaş. You just don’t know. But I would like to think at Liverpool our guys do all the necessary research before getting these guys in so it lowers such a “risk”. If we had the moneymen its no big deal, like Utd can spend and spend and they flop theres no hoo haa.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46993 on: December 1, 2022, 01:28:45 pm »

Bundesliga is great but I don’t think it’s a true reflection of how good a player will be in the premier league which is a completely different ball game. Look at Gnabry ripping it up for Bayern after not getting games at Arsenal. Really don’t think we gonna  take a “risk” and pay £100million plus for Bellingham. I would be surprised. Love it if we do and he succeeds but doubt we gonna do so sadly.
If only we had evidence of Gnabry against Premier League opposition since his move to Bayern

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/01/tottenham-hotspur-bayern-munich-champions-league-match-report

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46994 on: December 1, 2022, 01:31:36 pm »

I think he is coming.
nah, it's just indigestion.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #46995 on: December 1, 2022, 01:36:20 pm »
If only we had evidence of Gnabry against Premier League opposition since his move to Bayern

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/01/tottenham-hotspur-bayern-munich-champions-league-match-report

Wow good point but the difference is doing it week in week out against Premier league teams. A one off against a terrible Spurs was brilliant tho.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #46996 on: December 1, 2022, 01:36:57 pm »
Even get Kai Havertz turn up now and again.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46997 on: December 1, 2022, 01:52:38 pm »

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #46998 on: December 1, 2022, 02:01:03 pm »
Its on

It is SO on. It is so on that it is on for January. Get in. Welcome to Liverpool, Jude.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46999 on: December 1, 2022, 02:14:30 pm »

Is that a condom on his head?
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....