Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3120270 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #42680 on: September 21, 2022, 08:22:38 am »
Lots of waffle but interesting article on Bellingham from the athletic:

https://archive.ph/E5fHq

The two things that jumped out for me (aside from the price Dortmund want) were the fact that he's played more games for them as a DM than CM, and that he's played considerably more minutes than anyone else his age over the past year.  Assume Dortmund mainly play with a double-pivot, which is why he's down as a DM and the minutes is a two-way street - he could burn out quickly, but it also points to his durability.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42681 on: September 21, 2022, 10:20:46 am »
SO the lad we are waiting a year for is now priced at 150m euros. Nice one.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42682 on: September 21, 2022, 10:39:23 am »
What are his qualities?

I’m only going from YouTube montages and what others have said about him but I do know he has the most successful tackles in the Brazilian Serie A, is 21 looks high energy in terms of pressing and general play, as one poster said very Valverde like.

From my limited knowledge would compare him to Valverde Kante and Gino even, in the way he is able to protect the ball but also press from box to box, would be an astute signing I feel we’ve had good previous in the past in getting players straight from Brazil, I.e Lucas Leiva.

Madrid are probably the standout team who have made a big success in getting players straight  from South America as opposed to waiting for them to do go to a team in Europe first, Valverde Vinicius and Rodrygo have all been relative successes, further back you’ve got Marcelo also.

As much as I like Bellingham with Jones Elliott and Carvahlo who can play those forward midfield positions I feel as if we probably needed a defensive minded box to box player a bit more, Valverde would be a dream signing but anyone who is of his ilk could be worth a punt.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #42683 on: September 21, 2022, 11:00:17 am »
SO the lad we are waiting a year for is now priced at 150m euros. Nice one.

They wouldn't sell him this past summer, so
we had no option really. The bigger issue is probably wages
but end of the day he was always going to need
to come out and prefer Klopp and Liverpool for us to have a chance.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42684 on: September 21, 2022, 11:27:01 am »
I’m only going from YouTube montages and what others have said about him but I do know he has the most successful tackles in the Brazilian Serie A, is 21 looks high energy in terms of pressing and general play, as one poster said very Valverde like.

From my limited knowledge would compare him to Valverde Kante and Gino even, in the way he is able to protect the ball but also press from box to box, would be an astute signing I feel we’ve had good previous in the past in getting players straight from Brazil, I.e Lucas Leiva.

Madrid are probably the standout team who have made a big success in getting players straight  from South America as opposed to waiting for them to do go to a team in Europe first, Valverde Vinicius and Rodrygo have all been relative successes, further back you’ve got Marcelo also.

As much as I like Bellingham with Jones Elliott and Carvahlo who can play those forward midfield positions I feel as if we probably needed a defensive minded box to box player a bit more, Valverde would be a dream signing but anyone who is of his ilk could be worth a punt.
Thanks mate.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42685 on: September 21, 2022, 11:31:17 am »
What I find interesting on Bellingham is that we seemingly didn’t make a concerted effort to sign him when he was leaving Birmingham. Could that count against us? I don’t expect him to go to United, but they can paint a picture of really pushing to get him over a prolonged period of time, and it sounds like Chelsea did similar.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42686 on: September 21, 2022, 11:44:56 am »
What I find interesting on Bellingham is that we seemingly didn’t make a concerted effort to sign him when he was leaving Birmingham. Could that count against us? I don’t expect him to go to United, but they can paint a picture of really pushing to get him over a prolonged period of time, and it sounds like Chelsea did similar.
I think he had his heart set on Dortmund because he wanted to play.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42687 on: September 21, 2022, 11:50:47 am »
Surely we can do better at that price by getting two better, more-experienced midfielders?

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1572485223832494082?t=AvjZUatcu966kDDjAOtDZw&s=19

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #42688 on: September 21, 2022, 11:54:17 am »
Bellingham will 100% end up at City if they want him. More money, medals and goals and assists than he'd get anywhere else.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42689 on: September 21, 2022, 11:55:10 am »
Surely we can do better at that price by getting two better, more-experienced midfielders?

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1572485223832494082?t=AvjZUatcu966kDDjAOtDZw&s=19
Yeah. Not really Bellingham specific but once you get to a certain level of transfer fee it just doesn't make sense as the players isn't going to alter your team enough to justify it. Would argue this is the case with Mbappen and Neymar at PSG from a sporting perspective although I get that was more for sportsashing

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42690 on: September 21, 2022, 11:56:19 am »
Simply no way we get anywhere near that price. I don’t think Dortmund get it but he’d have to turn down huge offers to come here. We must know something to put all our eggs in that basket but I just think we’re tilting at windmills.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42691 on: September 21, 2022, 11:57:26 am »
Yeah. Not really Bellingham specific but once you get to a certain level of transfer fee it just doesn't make sense as the players isn't going to alter your team enough to justify it. Would argue this is the case with Mbappen and Neymar at PSG from a sporting perspective although I get that was more for sportsashing
Neymar is a flop to be fair. He signed to win the Ballon d'Or and win them the CL. His transfer also inflated the market significantly.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42692 on: September 21, 2022, 11:58:10 am »
Simply no way we get anywhere near that price. I don’t think Dortmund get it but he’d have to turn down huge offers to come here. We must know something to put all our eggs in that basket but I just think we’re tilting at windmills.
He's not worth that kind of money. I'd rather see us go for a finished product.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42693 on: September 21, 2022, 12:03:12 pm »
He's not worth that kind of money. I'd rather see us go for a finished product.

The only finished product I think we can get of the quality we want at any level of being a realistic option seems to be Barella. The other two named (De Jong and Valverde) are on big wages and seem to have no desire to leave. Barella doesn't either but you've more chance of getting him from Inter than De Jong on 400 odd K a week, and Valverde from a successful Madrid.

All other options at the moment seem to have been ruled out as not the quality we want at this time, a finished article that's not what we want.

Still I said it earlier in this thread, I think we end up with Enzo Fernandez instead of Bellingham

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42694 on: September 21, 2022, 12:25:09 pm »
So Bellingham is now off the table then, which was somewhat predictable in all honesty.

Wonder who will target instead.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42695 on: September 21, 2022, 12:30:09 pm »
I mean no one has said he is off the table, just I think most people here are now assuming he is.

Which I am not sure if this is pessimism or realistic given that its mostly the same people who said we were never going to signing him anyway even before this, but on the other side I have no real idea what money situation is - we have shown we are happy to pay top money for players we want, top of the range at the time of signing, but this is still way higher than anything we have spent.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42696 on: September 21, 2022, 12:33:27 pm »
If only the player had a say in who he signed for  ???

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42697 on: September 21, 2022, 01:04:56 pm »

Look, that was the moment to sign him if we're being realistic, we're not the club that signs finished players, certainly not for the kinds of figures being espoused, if you add into the mix that we can't really expect to generate alot from sales next summer and our club is self sustaining I don't see this deal happening, could be wrong, perhaps there is a war chest somewhere.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42698 on: September 21, 2022, 01:10:37 pm »
Look, that was the moment to sign him if we're being realistic, we're not the club that signs finished players, certainly not for the kinds of figures being espoused, if you add into the mix that we can't really expect to generate alot from sales next summer and our club is self sustaining I don't see this deal happening, could be wrong, perhaps there is a war chest somewhere.

Again though if it is the right finished player, we pay the money. Look at VVD and Alison who were bought for prices that with football inflation, is about equal to the top rates for players these days.

In fact it's very very rare we buy a complete uncut gem , at the very least we get middle level players who are about to burst into the scene, or ready made players. We don't usually buy the 15 to 18 year old who is going to be a superstar, other than Elliot and Carvalho. Otherwise I would expect us to buy the likes of Doku or Enzo Fernandez before they blow up, but there's never been any real indication we want to buy these players as unproven raw talent other than by people who argue that's the only way we can buy top players. It's just not been our transfer philosophy.

We want Tchoumeni and Bellingham because they are the finished thing, the real deal, despite being so young. Are we willing to spend massive money for that, over £100 million - we will see, but we have done the equivalent before.

I also am of the opinion the money is there we just didn't want to compromise on our target this summer
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 01:13:42 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42699 on: September 21, 2022, 01:14:42 pm »
Again though if it is the right finished player, we pay the money. Look at VVD and Alison who were bought for prices that with football inflation, is about equal to the top rates for players these days.

Those were only possible because of the absurd Coutinho money. We don't have anyone to sell for that kind of fee next summer.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42700 on: September 21, 2022, 01:18:37 pm »
Those were only possible because of the absurd Coutinho money. We don't have anyone to sell for that kind of fee next summer.

As I stated in the comment, I believe we have the money but didn't want to compromise on our transfer targets (i.e - pay £50 million for Douglas Luiz instead of buying a player we really want). Despite people's belief of this, I don't think we only had £80 million to spend and decided to spend it on Nunez rather than a midfielder, and if we signed Tchoumeni we would not buy a striker.

I think we have the money. If we have that level of money for Bellingham who knows, but I think we have money for a "Finished Article" midfielder we want

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42701 on: September 21, 2022, 01:19:40 pm »
Whats happened for everyone to say we won't get Bellingham?

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42702 on: September 21, 2022, 01:20:22 pm »
Whats happened for everyone to say we won't get Bellingham?

Dortmund apparently have an asking price of €150 million

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42703 on: September 21, 2022, 01:33:14 pm »
He’s a star but he’s not worth that, to be honest have no issue If FSG don’t see the use on spending a £100 m on him either, it’s obscene money that you’d probably reserve for the very best of top attackers.

I think the necessity for us anyway now is getting a robust physically dominant more defensively inclined midfielder who can help cover the likes of Trent.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42704 on: September 21, 2022, 01:54:16 pm »
Crazy money. Get the nerds working on other targets.

Offline Simplexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42705 on: September 21, 2022, 02:02:13 pm »
If only the player had a say in who he signed for  ???

I am sure Dortmund would be happy to accept an offer 50m below the highest offer to sell him to us for some reason.

This fantasy that Bellingham has his heart set on us is based on absolutely fuck all. File it under the Mbappe nonsense.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #42706 on: September 21, 2022, 02:07:02 pm »
I can just imagine the conversation in the summer

Hi Julian, I've got something you might be interested in?

Go on Jorge...its one of your clients isnt it?

It is, he's really good though. Matheus Nunes?

Oh yeah, we've scouted him a few times

Want him?

Nah

How come?

Well.....bigger fish to fry

Yeah? Who?

Are you sitting down?

Yeah?

Its Jude Bellingham

Wow fuck! Congratulations thats a big one!

Yep  8)

Next summer yeah?

Yep  8)

How much is he costing?

Well.....not sure yet

Oh

What if Real Madrid or Man City come in for him?

Doubt they will mate, doubt they will

He wants to come to you only though?

Yeah would have thought so

Wait...you havent spoken to him?

Well no but he will surely...

What if he doesn't

He will, it'll be fine

You sure you dont want Nunes? He's gonna go Wolves otherwise

We would....but dont wanna risk not getting Bellingham

It doesn't really sound like you're going to ge.......

Huh? Jorge you're breaking up mate, sorry.

Clearly a few of you don't think much of our transfer team. But it takes a very special low opinion of them to think that we would essentially ignore the one area of our team that really needs strengthening for a whole season on the basis of waiting for a player that A) we have no agreement with the club, B) the player or C) the agent and D) who will very likely entertain much higher offers than we would make, both in terms of transfer fee and wages.

Either we're not waiting for him at all, or we've got fairly steadfast agreements with the club and the player.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42707 on: September 21, 2022, 02:11:04 pm »
How is Ian Ayre these days?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42708 on: September 21, 2022, 02:17:09 pm »
I am sure Dortmund would be happy to accept an offer 50m below the highest offer to sell him to us for some reason.

This fantasy that Bellingham has his heart set on us is based on absolutely fuck all. File it under the Mbappe nonsense.

I’m not suggesting they would accept that much lower, however this thought that the player won’t have a say in the matter is just ridiculous. If he doesn’t want to go to one of the clubs willing to offer €150m then it doesn’t matter what Dortmund want, they aren’t getting it.

They then have the option of taking a lower offer or keeping him and risk losing him on a free / his value dropping anyway as he gets closer to the end of his deal. That’ll be up to them to weigh up.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42709 on: September 21, 2022, 02:19:33 pm »
Should a midfielder ever be worth that much? I feel like the prime transfer fees should be reserved for attackers/goal scorers.

Sounds highly likely he’ll end up at Man City next summer.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42710 on: September 21, 2022, 02:24:31 pm »
Didn't United get Sancho for atleast 20m less than Dortmunds asking price?

I see him going for ~100m. Which I think is doable for us books wise over a lengthy contract.

BUT if we plan to spunk our whole budget on only him, i'd rather we signed 2 really good midfielders for around the same money. He's a very very good player at 19 but him alone won't fix the midfield, whereas atleast 2 really good players could.

Offline Simplexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42711 on: September 21, 2022, 02:46:17 pm »
I’m not suggesting they would accept that much lower, however this thought that the player won’t have a say in the matter is just ridiculous. If he doesn’t want to go to one of the clubs willing to offer €150m then it doesn’t matter what Dortmund want, they aren’t getting it.

They then have the option of taking a lower offer or keeping him and risk losing him on a free / his value dropping anyway as he gets closer to the end of his deal. That’ll be up to them to weigh up.

He will go to the team that provides him the most money and best future prospects in his career, like any other normal person would.

The guy is from Birmingham and has absolutely no connection to us as far as I can tell? Except he thought Steven Gerrard was a good player?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42712 on: September 21, 2022, 02:48:50 pm »
Even if he does want to come here we shouldn’t do it unless it’s quite a lot below 100m. This team has way more problems than just Jude Bellingham can fix and with more on the horizon and older players needing to be replaced it’s just a horrible decision I think. I would let him go elsewhere unless we somehow can get a deal for 70m tops.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42713 on: September 21, 2022, 02:52:08 pm »
I said it from the start that Bellingham to Liverpool is the new Mbappe to Liverpool rumor and got shot down. If you believe our ownership would spend €150m on a single player, I've got a bridge to sell you.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #42714 on: September 21, 2022, 02:53:23 pm »
Just because that's what they're asking doesn't mean that's what they'll get
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42715 on: September 21, 2022, 02:53:55 pm »
Even if he does want to come here we shouldn’t do it unless it’s quite a lot below 100m. This team has way more problems than just Jude Bellingham can fix and with more on the horizon and older players needing to be replaced it’s just a horrible decision I think. I would let him go elsewhere unless we somehow can get a deal for 70m tops.

You can forget that then. He isnt going for £70m.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42716 on: September 21, 2022, 02:54:49 pm »
I said it from the start that Bellingham to Liverpool is the new Mbappe to Liverpool rumor and got shot down. If you believe our ownership would spend €150m on a single player, I've got a bridge to sell you.

These stories are a god send for the press because they can just click bait the shit out of it.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42717 on: September 21, 2022, 03:01:19 pm »
The simple solution is sign Bellingham for whatever it takes and then re-sign Naby, Ox and Milner on pay as you play contracts.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42718 on: September 21, 2022, 03:02:16 pm »
The simple solution is sign Bellingham for whatever it takes and then re-sign Naby, Ox and Milner on pay as you play contracts.

Nope. All three plus Firmino need to be moved on and let go for free. We cant put off freshening this team.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #42719 on: September 21, 2022, 03:03:21 pm »
These stories are a god send for the press because they can just click bait the shit out of it.

That's because there's still a lot of Liverpool fans who actually believe we will spend over 100m on a player without selling an expensive player first.