Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3113287 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #35840 on: August 14, 2022, 10:07:20 pm »
:odd

I genuinely think you've got me mixed up with someone else. Don't know what on earth you're going on about here?

Ahh I did sorry mate, I thought you asked me if I thought buying an extra midfielder would win us an extra point or two but it was the other Goalposts for Jumpers. My apologies.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35841 on: August 14, 2022, 10:07:35 pm »
Eboue
;D

Alright sunshine (moonlight, good times..)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 10:09:17 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35842 on: August 14, 2022, 10:11:44 pm »
Ahh I did sorry mate, I thought you asked me if I thought buying an extra midfielder would win us an extra point or two but it was the other Goalposts for Jumpers. My apologies.

What was all that other nonsense about? Genuinely, I have no idea. Anyway, I'm off to bed.  :wave

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35843 on: August 14, 2022, 10:48:15 pm »
We are not going to spend on a stop-gap midfielder this summer. We are going to develop Jones and Elliott, and save our money to sign Bellingham next summer ...

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #35844 on: August 15, 2022, 06:47:16 am »
We are not going to spend on a stop-gap midfielder this summer. We are going to develop Jones and Elliott, and save our money to sign Bellingham next summer ...

Great - Peter has finally spoken. Now we can move on to other matters... Thanks Peter. Welcome back!
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35845 on: August 15, 2022, 07:32:59 am »

My only concern is bringing in one midfielder over the next 12 months isn't enough imo given the fact that Milner will leave, as will Oxlade-Chamberlain and possibly Keita, not to mention, Thiago will be 32 and Henderdon 33. For me we absolutely need two midfielders minimum over the next 12 months. Hopefully one comes in before the window closes but that is looking less likely.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 07:34:45 am by HardworkDedication »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35846 on: August 15, 2022, 09:01:19 am »
What was all that other nonsense about? Genuinely, I have no idea. Anyway, I'm off to bed.  :wave

I'm sure you dont :thumbup

I'll answer again mate, and dont worry I'll save you the effort of replying

Don't think I've ever said huge risk.  But anyway,   do you think buying another midfielder might win us an extra point or 2 over the season?

Yeah I think he would

Ahhh well last season we lost out on the title by a point, so that extra midfielder would have won us the title

Dooooh you're right

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #35847 on: August 15, 2022, 10:13:46 am »
Some massive 'waaah I want a new toy' energy in here.

If you don't get it by now...
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35848 on: August 15, 2022, 10:38:15 am »

Original material. I’m impressed. Could do with a bed wetter in there somewhere though.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35849 on: August 15, 2022, 10:39:18 am »
I'm sure you dont :thumbup

I'll answer again mate, and dont worry I'll save you the effort of replying

Yeah I think he would

Dooooh you're right

I see you couldn't find an actual quote by me, so made one up (again). Edit - the second "quote" - I'm struggling to see what's controversial about the first one?

You seem obsessed with painting me as someone who wants a "shiny new toy", I'd love to see you back it up with actual quotes by me.

Yeah, who by? Why don't you address the "shiny new toy" brigade directly (if they exist). Or, you know, get out of the transfer thread?

:butt

Mods, can we do something about these posters that keep coming into the transfer thread with the sole purpose of belittling anyone who wants to discuss buying a new midfielder? And consider giving those that keep on attributing stuff to other people that they haven't said a bit of break? It's really fucking tedious.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 11:00:07 am by Goalposts for Jumpers »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35850 on: August 15, 2022, 10:50:26 am »
Anyway, one thing I would like to debate with people interested in discussing potential Liverpool transfers, now or in the future, is Bellingham's strengths and weaknesses. I see a lot of people seem to have all their midfield eggs in one basket. I'll be honest, I'm not convinced. I haven't seen a huge amount of him, but when I have seen him, he lacks a bit of intensity out of possession. He doesn't seem the best presser. Is this borne out in the stats? He seems rather similar in strengths and weaknesses to Jones, although a lot more productive (would this translate to the PL, the BL seems a lot more open, and other attacking players from the BL have struggled to reproduce their production over here). I personally, would prefer we target someone very good at winning the ball back and with the pace to cover our full backs more effectively. I was well on the Tchou Tchou train - are there any alternatives that profile similar?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35851 on: August 15, 2022, 10:57:26 am »
I see you couldn't find an actual quote by me, so made one up (again).

You seem obsessed with painting me as someone who wants a "shiny new toy", I'd love to see you back it up with actual quotes by me.

I must say you're on odd chap with this.

You asked me a question, got an answer, and now seem to be suggesting you didn't ask the question and are dumbfounded about why I answered your question (that you didnt ask but did). If there's anything you're particularly unhappy with, just hit the 'Report to moderator' button :thumbup Otherwise it just seems like you're trying to shut down half of the 'debate' (not that its particularly a debate since everyone would seemingly quite like us to sign a midfielder)

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35852 on: August 15, 2022, 11:00:22 am »
Not seen too much of Bellingham he looks good when ive seen him but dont know what his stats are like.

His one strength is he seems to always be fit and being 19-20 has scope to get better.

Do I think we sign him ...I dont know lots can happen in a year.

I think we could do with a CM as you describe and although Madrid got choo choo there has to be someone who can play that role.

I agree we need another CM but accept its not as easy as some people think it is.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35853 on: August 15, 2022, 11:11:18 am »
With Bellingham you've got to remember he has only just turned 19, so we'd be far from signing the finished product.

https://fbref.com/en/players/57d88cf9/Jude-Bellingham

Profiles pretty similarly to Laimer, Milinkovic-Savic, Gavi, Koopmeiers and Majer who have all been mentioned in this thread.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35854 on: August 15, 2022, 11:18:14 am »
I must say you're on odd chap with this.

You asked me a question, got an answer, and now seem to be suggesting you didn't ask the question and are dumbfounded about why I answered your question (that you didnt ask but did). If there's anything you're particularly unhappy with, just hit the 'Report to moderator' button :thumbup Otherwise it just seems like you're trying to shut down half of the 'debate' (not that its particularly a debate since everyone would seemingly quite like us to sign a midfielder)

Look, seriously. I don't know what "debate" it is you think I'm trying to shut down. The only thing I'm trying to shut down is the posters who keep belittling anyone who wants to discuss transfers by claiming, with no fucking evidence, that they just want a shiny new toy (see JP!'s post above as an example), or want to run the club unsustainably, or want us to outspend Abu Dhabi/Chelsea, or think that that will definitely win us the title. We are, afterall, having a discussion in a Liverpool transfer thread, are we not?

I have never suggested any of those things, and I don't recall anyone else saying anything similar. If anyone is making such claims, feel free to belittle them by replying to them.

Stop replying to me as if I have a history of wanting a shiny new toy, wanting the club to spend unsustainably, or being certain that a new signing will definitely win us the league, because I haven't, at any point said anything of the sort.

The other "debate" I've taken issue with over the last week or so, are the posters who keep demanding that those people who would like us to buy a new midfielder need to come out and "blame" Klopp or the club. Both yourself and Jookie (the other week) have done this. Why? It's divisive and in no way helps constructive debate. If there's someone on here who takes issue with Klopp or how the club is run, then, sure, ban them for life, they are clearly a muppet. But it doesn't mean we have to agree with everything Klopp says. If he says he doesn't want a new midfielder, then I absolutely respect that. I don't agree with it. He is far more likely to be right than I will be. I suspect that he wouldn't mind a new midfielder, but obviously there are constraints within the club. Should that stop us discussing transfers in the transfer thread?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 11:28:07 am by Goalposts for Jumpers »

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35855 on: August 15, 2022, 11:33:24 am »
With Bellingham you've got to remember he has only just turned 19, so we'd be far from signing the finished product.

https://fbref.com/en/players/57d88cf9/Jude-Bellingham

Profiles pretty similarly to Laimer, Milinkovic-Savic, Gavi, Koopmeiers and Majer who have all been mentioned in this thread.
It also profiles Bennacer, who we were linked with a few weeks ago, very similarly to Tchouameni. He's a leftie as well.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35856 on: August 15, 2022, 11:33:30 am »
The other "debate" I've taken issue with over the last week or so, are the posters who keep demanding that those people who would like us to buy a new midfielder need to come out and "blame" Klopp. Both yourself and Jookie (the other week) keep doing this. Why? It's divisive and in no way helps constructive debate. If there's someone on here who takes issue with Klopp, then, sure, ban them for life, they are clearly a muppet. But it doesn't mean we have to agree with everything he says. If he says he doesn't want a new midfielder, then I absolutely respect that. I don't agree with it. He is far more likely to be right than I will be. I suspect that he wouldn't mind a new midfielder, but obviously there are constraints within the club. Should that stop us discussing transfers in the transfer thread?

The trap you're falling into is crying that people are misquoting you....and then doing the exact same thing, time and again.

No-one has said 'if you would like us to buy a new midfielder...blame Klopp'. What people have said is 'You probably shouldn't be once again blaming the owners, making out they're being stingy, buying into bizarre theories that it was either Tchouameni or Nunez, when its pretty clear the money is there for a CM and the manager has decided there isn't anyone available who he'd want us to chuck that money at'. That's pretty fair, no? The way some go on you'd think the manager was having daily arguments with the owners. He doesn't. He loves them. He's signed multiple contract extensions under them. He's shown annoyance at our transfer activity once in seven years.

So once again IF you're going to start throwing blame around (I'd rather there wasn't because you know...none of us have the first fucking clue how our activity actually works) then grow a pair and aim it in the right direction. Thats all. There's seven years of evidence showing that we are very specific with our activity, which is why its been such a success.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35857 on: August 15, 2022, 12:02:46 pm »
I definitely want us to sign Bellingham - I think for where he is relative to his age is frightening. He only turned 19 two months ago and is already in his fourth full season of adult football (third BuLi season plus one in the Championship). Not to mention his England debut at the age of 17. I mean, that level of experience at his age is unreal. And he seems to have a very good head on his shoulders, with maturity that belies his age.

I think where my minor doubts come in are more around how Klopp views the midfield and whether it's necessary to go so big on Bellingham when someone cheaper and less high-profile could perform the same role. Although FWIW, I think the fee isn't a huge problem, because he'll either be here for potentially the next 15 years, or we'll be able to sell him at some point, potentially for more than we buy him for next summer. I do think we probably want to evolve the midfield though, and we've seen with Thiago that you can be a very functional player in our system while still being able to properly express yourself, so perhaps those concerns are unfounded.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35858 on: August 15, 2022, 12:20:43 pm »
The trap you're falling into is crying that people are misquoting you....and then doing the exact same thing, time and again.

No-one has said 'if you would like us to buy a new midfielder...blame Klopp'.

Except you...

...I know you’re not blaming the manager, because the staunch critics haven’t got the fortitude to do so. Which is probably good, better they absorb the criticism from certain quarters, but it’s all a little disingenuous. The uncomfortable truth for people like yourself, Fromola, DonkeyWan, that goalposts guy who quotes loads of posts, is that the manager has been as involved as anyone in building this squad. If you think it’s not what it should be, certain areas have been neglected, certain risks have been taken, then you should have the bollocks to acknowledge everyone to blame for our supposed problems.

There's a subtle difference in the words "quote" and "misquote", but quite an important one I feel.

What people have said is 'You probably shouldn't be once again blaming the owners, making out they're being stingy, buying into bizarre theories that it was either Tchouameni or Nunez, when its pretty clear the money is there for a CM and the manager has decided there isn't anyone available who he'd want us to chuck that money at'. That's pretty fair, no? The way some go on you'd think the manager was having daily arguments with the owners. He doesn't. He loves them. He's signed multiple contract extensions under them. He's shown annoyance at our transfer activity once in seven years.

The irony of all this tittle-tattle is that I think we broadly agree about the whole situation with regards to Liverpool transfers.

...So once again IF you're going to start throwing blame around (I'd rather there wasn't because you know...none of us have the first fucking clue how our activity actually works) then grow a pair and aim it in the right direction. Thats all. There's seven years of evidence showing that we are very specific with our activity, which is why its been such a success.

Errm, I literally just said that I want people to be able to debate without having to lay blame at anyone.

I just want to discuss football transfers. Please leave me alone  ???
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 12:22:39 pm by Goalposts for Jumpers »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35859 on: August 15, 2022, 12:33:53 pm »
I definitely want us to sign Bellingham - I think for where he is relative to his age is frightening. He only turned 19 two months ago and is already in his fourth full season of adult football (third BuLi season plus one in the Championship). Not to mention his England debut at the age of 17. I mean, that level of experience at his age is unreal. And he seems to have a very good head on his shoulders, with maturity that belies his age.

I think where my minor doubts come in are more around how Klopp views the midfield and whether it's necessary to go so big on Bellingham when someone cheaper and less high-profile could perform the same role. Although FWIW, I think the fee isn't a huge problem, because he'll either be here for potentially the next 15 years, or we'll be able to sell him at some point, potentially for more than we buy him for next summer. I do think we probably want to evolve the midfield though, and we've seen with Thiago that you can be a very functional player in our system while still being able to properly express yourself, so perhaps those concerns are unfounded.

Agree, but Thiago is much better off the ball (I think), particularly in the way he reads the game. Would like to see the stats on Bellingham's out-of-possession contribution. Obviously the club would have some mad stats on him, so if we do get him I'd absolutely back him to be a success, but, as I said, I'm still not 100% on his defensive contribution.

Edit: Just read the fbref report (Thanks Lobo  ;D), I struggle a bit with defensive stats, as obviously tackles are low, but they are always will be for a team at the top end of a league. Interceptions seem very low too, and pressures good, but not amazing. I also can't work out if he has the legs and fortitude to get back and cover a full back. Whenever I've seen him, he tends to get back into a defensive shape OK, but is unexceptional at winning the ball back and doesn't harass opposition midfielders the ways ours do.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 12:43:40 pm by Goalposts for Jumpers »

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35860 on: August 15, 2022, 12:37:29 pm »

He's a good footballer but seems like a right mouthy cnut. Don't know if Klopp would want someone like that in the squad. Think he'll end up at Chelsea or City personally.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #35861 on: August 15, 2022, 12:38:51 pm »
He's a good footballer but seems like a right mouthy cnut. Don't know if Klopp would want someone like that in the squad. Think he'll end up at Chelsea or City personally.

Suarez was a mouthy prick too, but Klopp would 100% have prime Luis in his team.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 12:50:27 pm by tubby »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35862 on: August 15, 2022, 12:42:37 pm »

I think there's an element of Dortmund being a bit shit (relatively speaking) and him feeling he has to step up and lead them. Which is impressive, but he shouldn't have to be doing as an 18/19 year old. I reckon he probably does have a bit of an ego - maybe hard not to considering the esteem he's held in - but that would quickly disappear at Liverpool, I think, where the standards are ridiculously high and there's several bigger figures in the squad.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35863 on: August 15, 2022, 12:45:56 pm »
Nothing wrong with being a mouthy c*nt.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35864 on: August 15, 2022, 12:56:10 pm »
"The thing is, it is easy for us to bring a midfielder in but it is not so easy to bring the right midfielder in," he told Sky Sports. "There are money reasons and contractual reasons which, most of the time, go hand-in-hand.

"It's just because it is 2022 and people have contracts until 2024, 2025 or 2026, that's the situation and that's why we have to be calm and sort our problems with the boys we have. It's all about solutions and only one of these solutions is the transfer market, all the other solutions are here."

It doesn't seem like not bringing in a midfielder is because Klopp's happy with the quality we have but more we have a quantity under contract and can't just add another wage on top without really good reason.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #35865 on: August 15, 2022, 12:59:55 pm »

Mods, can we do something about these posters that keep coming into the transfer thread with the sole purpose of belittling anyone who wants to discuss buying a new midfielder? And consider giving those that keep on attributing stuff to other people that they haven't said a bit of break? It's really fucking tedious.

Seconded.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35866 on: August 15, 2022, 01:05:23 pm »
"The thing is, it is easy for us to bring a midfielder in but it is not so easy to bring the right midfielder in," he told Sky Sports. "There are money reasons and contractual reasons which, most of the time, go hand-in-hand.

"It's just because it is 2022 and people have contracts until 2024, 2025 or 2026, that's the situation and that's why we have to be calm and sort our problems with the boys we have. It's all about solutions and only one of these solutions is the transfer market, all the other solutions are here."

It doesn't seem like not bringing in a midfielder is because Klopp's happy with the quality we have but more we have a quantity under contract and can't just add another wage on top without really good reason.

On the contract point, I think he's talking about potential targets being under long-term contracts which means clubs can demand mad money - and we know we won't go significantly over our valuation of a player. But I could be wrong there.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #35867 on: August 15, 2022, 01:08:16 pm »
Jesus Christ, can we all stop please? The thread has already been locked and cleaned once, and you are all straight back at it. Let's just draw a line under the arguments for the time being, since neither side will give.

Instead, let's focus on what we do well... BEARS!

Beatings will continue until morale improves...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35868 on: August 15, 2022, 01:14:28 pm »
Nothing wrong with being a mouthy c*nt.

:wellin

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #35869 on: August 15, 2022, 02:04:56 pm »
I think Bellingham is a bit of a moaner too but I don't mind it at all, it's clear he knows he's good and wants to win, and if we can add more of that mentality to this side it'd be a great thing.

As for the 'new toy' analogy - I'd beg to differ.

My only concern is bringing in one midfielder over the next 12 months isn't enough imo given the fact that Milner will leave, as will Oxlade-Chamberlain and possibly Keita, not to mention, Thiago will be 32 and Henderdon 33. For me we absolutely need two midfielders minimum over the next 12 months. Hopefully one comes in before the window closes but that is looking less likely.

That's how I see it. Milner and Chamberlain are surely gone in the summer, and if I was to guess now whether Keita would sign I'd not really be confident, he'll keep his options open as late as he possibly can as he'll know football might be easier to come by elsewhere. I am excited for what we have in reserve ala Jones and Elliot but we'll surely need two new men in for the 2023/24 season.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #35870 on: August 15, 2022, 02:07:34 pm »
On the contract point, I think he's talking about potential targets being under long-term contracts which means clubs can demand mad money - and we know we won't go significantly over our valuation of a player. But I could be wrong there.

I read it that way too. Makes more sense imo.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #35871 on: August 15, 2022, 04:25:58 pm »
That's how I see it. Milner and Chamberlain are surely gone in the summer, and if I was to guess now whether Keita would sign I'd not really be confident, he'll keep his options open as late as he possibly can as he'll know football might be easier to come by elsewhere. I am excited for what we have in reserve ala Jones and Elliot but we'll surely need two new men in for the 2023/24 season.

From an age point of view it all seems a bit mismatched.

17 - Bajcetic, 19 - Morton, Elliott and Carvalho (and Bellingham our big target). 21 - Jones. And then on the other scale 31 - Thiago, 32 - Henderson and 36 - Milner. In between you have Keita (out of contract next summer, Ox (out of contract next summer) and Fabinho (himself 30 next year).

By all means go for Bellingham who is a very mature 19 but we're crying out for a mid 20s midfield player now for the squad profile as we've just added to the attack with Diaz, Jota and Nunez.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #35872 on: August 15, 2022, 04:36:15 pm »
I, like many others I'm sure, would be more than happy to splunk the reported €35m to get Matheus Nunes (or insert another player in a similar price range), with the not too outrageous or unreasonable stance that we're the fifth richest club in the world and should be able to afford a 'relatively mere' €35m in today's football economy.

We could say the board or owners are being tight arses, but it's really neither nor there (and, really, any ire  should be directed at the state of football, and why we're being punished for attempting to play fair). I think it comes down to how the board and recruitment team and coaching staff determine the valuation of a player. Maybe, for his ability on the ball and physical prowess, Nunes' decision-making in the final third, as highlighted by Drinks Sangria in his short review of the player, is the crucial factor in deciding €35m isn't worth it. Maybe there are intangibles like his mentality at play. Or maybe he's lower on the list of players we like, whereas if Bellingham suddenly becomes available now, we would move for him for €100m with no qualms.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35873 on: August 15, 2022, 04:58:24 pm »

17 - Bajcetic, 19 - Morton, Elliott and Carvalho (and Bellingham our big target). 21 - Jones. And then on the other scale 31 - Thiago, 32 - Henderson and 36 - Milner. In between you have Keita (out of contract next summer, Ox (out of contract next summer) and Fabinho (himself 30 next year).

By all means go for Bellingham who is a very mature 19 but we're crying out for a mid 20s midfield player now for the squad profile as we've just added to the attack with Diaz, Jota and Nunez.

Definitely got a case there as i can see us adding two midfielders to the mix by next season as we will need to integrate them into the team by 2024/25 unless Milner renews another contract at the age of 40😉 Klopp has upped the ante in every department especially up front and the engine of the team needs a wee overall soon. Bellingham can be the now and the future, perhaps Elliott and Carvalho can mature by leaps this season too and we could end up with the midfield we need for the next decade
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35874 on: August 15, 2022, 05:01:34 pm »

Bellingham to replace Henderson and a mid 20s player with progressive passing and defensive acumen to replace Thiago.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35875 on: August 15, 2022, 05:20:19 pm »
Bellingham a 19 has played more games than Nunes & at a higher level as well

His experience for someone is age is incredible

So the argument about Bellingham' age makes so sense
More experience even than Darwin who has shown he will be great for us

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #35876 on: August 15, 2022, 05:53:36 pm »
I’ve seen  Nunes play more than Bellingham.  He sees, pretty good.

(One more for me “is Bellingham actually any good” file).

But we aren’t sighing him…. (Off to city if he moves isn’t he?).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #35877 on: August 15, 2022, 06:08:29 pm »
Watching Athletic Bilbao vs. Mallorca and Kang-In Lee seems like a great little player, wouldn't surprise me if we were in for him next summer.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35878 on: August 15, 2022, 06:41:16 pm »
Watching Athletic Bilbao vs. Mallorca and Kang-In Lee seems like a great little player, wouldn't surprise me if we were in for him next summer.

How’s his end product looking? From stats not the best 80 ish matches and 3 goals and 6 assists. He’s playing as an attacking midfielder / forward type?

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #35879 on: August 15, 2022, 07:24:50 pm »
What’s the argument against signing a midfielder this window again? … asking for a friend whose squad look like they’re made of knackered biscuits