Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3119118 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #35800 on: August 14, 2022, 06:48:29 pm »
Considering we were set to bid for Tchouameni then I doubt that’s true.

Is Klopp referring more to clubs like Chelsea having a bottomless pit of cash? I.e. money no object. Or City being able to pay 100 million for a squad player in Grealish.

We're operating on a different level. The books need to balance. I think we should be looking at 30-40 million price range alternatives but that's still a lot of money for us without being able to make that back by, say, selling Keita. I'm not sure how much we were actually willing to pay for Tchouameni either.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #35801 on: August 14, 2022, 07:01:19 pm »
Is Klopp referring more to clubs like Chelsea having a bottomless pit of cash? I.e. money no object. Or City being able to pay 100 million for a squad player in Grealish.

We're operating on a different level. The books need to balance. I think we should be looking at 30-40 million price range alternatives but that's still a lot of money for us without being able to make that back by, say, selling Keita. I'm not sure how much we were actually willing to pay for Tchouameni either.

If me, you and clinical are right I’d guess we had £70 million to spend, so offered £6 million for Tchouameni and £64 million for Nunez. So that £6 million is still there, maybe to finish the main stand, maybe for this new ‘walk of champions’, maybe a loan fee for Miralem Pjanic, maybe a helipad on Johns ever increasingly big yacht. It’s exciting regardless.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35802 on: August 14, 2022, 07:35:47 pm »
:D

You know some posts where you only need to scan it very quickly to get the jist of it? I absolutely adore the idea that our recruitment team who have probably one of the best records in PL, maybe even just football, history, have gone ‘Right we can’t get that beast CM….get a striker instead’. It’s amazing, like when you type that do you not stop a few times and think ‘Nah this is actually really stupid’? Instead of the very clear evidence that the manager likes to work on ‘getting the best we can, and if not using internal solutions’, you think that we’ve essentially done a Valencia with Rafa and got him a lampshade when he wanted a table.

I know you’re not blaming the manager, because the staunch critics haven’t got the fortitude to do so. Which is probably good, better they absorb the criticism from certain quarters, but it’s all a little disingenuous. The uncomfortable truth for people like yourself, Fromola, DonkeyWan, that goalposts guy who quotes loads of posts, is that the manager has been as involved as anyone in building this squad. If you think it’s not what it should be, certain areas have been neglected, certain risks have been taken, then you should have the bollocks to acknowledge everyone to blame for our supposed problems.

Here we go again. We want a new midfielder,  we have some sort of duty to "blame"  Klopp.

You are on record as saying you think we should buy a midfielder.  Who do you blame for it not happening?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35803 on: August 14, 2022, 07:36:38 pm »
I blame climate change.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #35804 on: August 14, 2022, 07:40:37 pm »

Chelsea have just bid £35-40m for Anthony Gordon.

That puts things in perspective.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35805 on: August 14, 2022, 07:50:48 pm »
Here we go again. We want a new midfielder,  we have some sort of duty to "blame"  Klopp.

You are on record as saying you think we should buy a midfielder.  Who do you blame for it not happening?
I blame it on the boogie. What about you?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35806 on: August 14, 2022, 07:57:43 pm »
That seems like such a childish way to try and talk about something to me, to have a need to blame someone. The transfer window isn't over yet and we don't know how it will pan out. No need to panic or blame anyone.

Besides, our structure is bigger than Klopp or the owners. We have a whole scouting and transfer set up. I'm glad that we don't have a situation where our manager is crying about needing new players. From what I've seen Klopp say it seems to be very much a case of availability . If we're desperate to blame someone it should be our set up for not identifying someone available, but that seems unnecessary. Our rivals in the league have had some serious activity and still look short in some areas. That's football. I'm sure we'll get the right man sooner or later.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35807 on: August 14, 2022, 08:00:13 pm »

Why would someone be to blame? I don’t think we’re taking some huge risk by not, you and others do. That’s the difference. I’d quite like another right winger too (no Linudden you don’t count) but I’m a grown up now (no, I know, crazy) and I’m not gonna start making major statements about the club because we’ve not signed one more player. So when people do start apportioning blame, I think it’s fair to call them out for aiming it the wrong way because they’re scared to slate the gaffer.

But to give you an answer….the manager is the one who is the big decision maker. To think anything else is absurd, so if we don’t sign one it’ll be because he’s decided he’d rather wait for a midfielder who isn’t gettable right now. Nothing to do with money not being available, nothing to do with the owners not letting him. Two summers in a row he’s been vocal in bigging up what we’ve got. That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t always look to improve, but it’s pretty clear he’s got 4/5 senior CMs he really likes and three youngsters he sees big things of (maybe four).
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35808 on: August 14, 2022, 08:02:59 pm »
Klopp made it clear in his recent interview with Sky. It's obvious we can't bring the midfielder or midfielders we want because of money.

https://youtu.be/4ZhaHgze32Q
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:06:23 pm by Egyptian36 »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35809 on: August 14, 2022, 08:05:25 pm »
Klopp made it clear in his recent interview with Sky. It's obvious we can't bring the midfielder or midfielders we want because of money.

Not quite but good effort. He said we can’t just react to rivals signing players by doing the same ourselves, as we don’t have a bottomless pit of money. Which seems pretty self explanatory but some do need it explaining to them.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35810 on: August 14, 2022, 08:06:03 pm »

I don't think he did mate.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35811 on: August 14, 2022, 08:06:43 pm »

Money don't make my world go round, I'm reaching out to a higher ground.

Do you know which 'philosopher' said that?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:11:59 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35812 on: August 14, 2022, 08:09:24 pm »

I don't think he did mate.

Then I apologise. My English failed me. What did he mean by saying money reasons ?

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35813 on: August 14, 2022, 08:11:10 pm »
Money don't make my world go round, we're reaching out to a higher ground.

Dolly Parton?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35814 on: August 14, 2022, 08:16:30 pm »
Dolly Parton?

Des'ree. And I know which one I'd rather wake up next to.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35815 on: August 14, 2022, 08:16:34 pm »
Recently Klopp expressed some concerns about how he feels that he is often misunderstood, or can't quite seem to get his point across as he intended. Being the decent, self-effacing sort of chap that he is, he blamed his own 'poor' English.

I can't help wondering if some people are 'misunderstanding' him to suit their own viewpoints.

*shrugs* For me he and Pep have both been pretty clear: if the right player were available and gettable we'd get him.

As I've said before if we want Klopp as manager we have to also take on his way of doing things. It might not be your way; it might not be my ideal way either, but it's his way.

Rather than some strange chimeric mash-up of Klopp's personality and bossness and ones own take on transfers and squad-building.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35816 on: August 14, 2022, 08:19:43 pm »
Dolly Parton?
Dolly Parton once failed to win a Dolly Parton look-alike contest. I believe if we truly understood what happened there then philosophy would be over. Completed.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #35817 on: August 14, 2022, 08:21:37 pm »
Klopp saying we can't react to rivals spending big because we can't just suddenly find extra money confirms it's all money related to me. If he wants Bellingham he's got to save up.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35818 on: August 14, 2022, 08:26:22 pm »
Pretty sure there was the same discussion last summer about not signing anyone after Konate. Same arguments about money, that we need to sell to buy and then we spent around £40m on Diaz and were willing to spend on Carvalho.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35819 on: August 14, 2022, 08:26:32 pm »
Then I apologise. My English failed me. What did he mean by saying money reasons ?

That’s not what he said in the stuff I’ve seen recently. He’s basically said that we won’t go and spend just because rivals are spending big.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35820 on: August 14, 2022, 08:29:44 pm »

When did he say money reasons?

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35821 on: August 14, 2022, 08:38:57 pm »
When did he say money reasons?
That’s not what he said in the stuff I’ve seen recently. He’s basically said that we won’t go and spend just because rivals are spending big.

4 mins in.

Money don't make my world go round, I'm reaching out to a higher ground.

David Brent obviously  :P

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35822 on: August 14, 2022, 08:44:17 pm »
The Unbearables@rome77lfc·30m
From someone trusted Matheus Nunes has give his word to Guardiola, presume they are waiting on Silva’s departure. Hence we know this and that is why our stance is the way it is as he has a preferred destination

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #35823 on: August 14, 2022, 09:09:24 pm »
From someone trusted Matheus Nunes has give his word to Guardiola, presume they are waiting on Silva’s departure. Hence we know this and that is why our stance is the way it is as he has a preferred destination

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35824 on: August 14, 2022, 09:12:33 pm »

His main point was that we won't just go out and buy any player just because others are,it has to be the right player & sometimes to get the right player you have to be patient (paraphrased obv).
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35825 on: August 14, 2022, 09:31:33 pm »
Why would someone be to blame? I don’t think we’re taking some huge risk by not, you and others do. That’s the difference. I’d quite like another right winger too (no Linudden you don’t count) but I’m a grown up now (no, I know, crazy) and I’m not gonna start making major statements about the club because we’ve not signed one more player. So when people do start apportioning blame, I think it’s fair to call them out for aiming it the wrong way because they’re scared to slate the gaffer.

But to give you an answer….the manager is the one who is the big decision maker. To think anything else is absurd, so if we don’t sign one it’ll be because he’s decided he’d rather wait for a midfielder who isn’t gettable right now. Nothing to do with money not being available, nothing to do with the owners not letting him. Two summers in a row he’s been vocal in bigging up what we’ve got. That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t always look to improve, but it’s pretty clear he’s got 4/5 senior CMs he really likes and three youngsters he sees big things of (maybe four).

Don't think I've ever said huge risk.  But anyway,   do you think buying another midfielder might win us an extra point or 2 over the season?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35826 on: August 14, 2022, 09:37:03 pm »
Don't think I've ever said huge risk.  But anyway,   do you think buying another midfielder might win us an extra point or 2 over the season?

Tricky one isnt it because a good contrast is City home and away. In the first half they handed our arses to us a bit and we had Henderson, Fabinho and Jones. Then we have our first choice midfield out there in the game at City and in the first half they still were better than us.

The only game I think last season where the midfield really struggled was at home to Brighton, apart from those City games.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35827 on: August 14, 2022, 09:42:50 pm »

That would make sense to be honest. Guardiola raved about him, so no surprise if he’s holding out for a move there.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35828 on: August 14, 2022, 09:47:14 pm »
This is just wumming at this point. I can't be bothered any more.

...The uncomfortable truth for people like yourself, Fromola, DonkeyWan, that goalposts guy who quotes loads of posts, is that the manager has been as involved as anyone in building this squad. If you think it’s not what it should be, certain areas have been neglected, certain risks have been taken, then you should have the bollocks to acknowledge everyone to blame for our supposed problems.

Why would someone be to blame?

You know I love quote!

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #35829 on: August 14, 2022, 09:48:22 pm »
Tricky one isnt it because a good contrast is City home and away. In the first half they handed our arses to us a bit and we had Henderson, Fabinho and Jones. Then we have our first choice midfield out there in the game at City and in the first half they still were better than us.

The only game I think last season where the midfield really struggled was at home to Brighton, apart from those City games.

I mean, it was 55/45 possession at the Etihad and we got a credible draw. What more are you asking for? It’s the performance at Anfield that was the issue. Hendo was awful and Milner had Mike Dean to thank for us not being down to 10 men the whole second half.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35830 on: August 14, 2022, 09:49:00 pm »

Yeah maybe, or maybe Haaland would have, or maybe if we sign that Anthony from Ajax, or maybe a new midfielder would get injured in his first game and miss months like Thiago did, or maybe a new midfielder might not win us an extra point or two but cost us a point or two, or maybe we sign no-one and Harvey Elliott has a great season and the others don’t get injured as often as people think.

And anyway…I’m pretty sure no-one at the club would advocate going big on a midfielder because he ‘might win us an extra point or 2 over a season’. I mean…Anthony Gordon might do that, so drop £50 million on him?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35831 on: August 14, 2022, 09:51:05 pm »
I mean, it was 55/45 possession at the Etihad and we got a credible draw. What more are you asking for? It’s the performance at Anfield that was the issue. Hendo was awful and Milner had Mike Dean to thank for us not being down to 10 men the whole second half.

Point was that its difficult to say that improving our midfield, or what we perceive to be an improvement, automatically leads to more points. That first half at City they were the better side, much more even second half, where we had a better midfield out.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35832 on: August 14, 2022, 09:52:41 pm »
That would make sense to be honest. Guardiola raved about him, so no surprise if he’s holding out for a move there.

From what I read of Nunes he is a midfielder that carries the ball and is good at dribbling, which pretty much is Silva’s main strength.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35833 on: August 14, 2022, 09:57:40 pm »
We signed another ATTACKER in January and still couldn't manage enough points to beat the doped up total (though we were as close as it's possible to be with a points difference). But a midfielder will sort everything? Right.

Buying another player guarantees nothing. Doesn't even necessarily make a single extra point more likely (nor less likely). We simply don't know how it will turn out. The only thing we do know is that if buying another midfielder turns out not to be a panacea, there'll be calls for yet another one. And another one after that ad infinitum.

I mean I'd like another midfielder, because I like seeing new players, what they can do etc and watching the squad develop, but I don't necessarily think it'll make it any easier to win a title or trophy.

It'd just be another roll of the dice against a team that has weighted dice

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #35834 on: August 14, 2022, 09:58:48 pm »
Point was that its difficult to say that improving our midfield, or what we perceive to be an improvement, automatically leads to more points. That first half at City they were the better side, much more even second half, where we had a better midfield out.

Yet you admitted that if we had a better midfield performance in the Brighton game that’s probably true.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35835 on: August 14, 2022, 10:03:23 pm »
Yeah maybe, or maybe Haaland would have, or maybe if we sign that Anthony from Ajax, or maybe a new midfielder would get injured in his first game and miss months like Thiago did, or maybe a new midfielder might not win us an extra point or two but cost us a point or two, or maybe we sign no-one and Harvey Elliott has a great season and the others don’t get injured as often as people think.

And anyway…I’m pretty sure no-one at the club would advocate going big on a midfielder because he ‘might win us an extra point or 2 over a season’. I mean…Anthony Gordon might do that, so drop £50 million on him?

:odd

I genuinely think you've got me mixed up with someone else. Don't know what on earth you're going on about here?

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35836 on: August 14, 2022, 10:03:32 pm »

Thanks for that. What I took from that is that Klopp's enjoying the beginning of the season and he's not getting desperate or crazy about last week's result and the club's always looking for solutions when there's injuries, whether that's via transfers or within the squad and sometimes transfers may not be possible for various reasons. So nothing unexpected or shocking in that interview.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35837 on: August 14, 2022, 10:05:30 pm »
We signed another ATTACKER in January and still couldn't manage enough points to beat the doped up total (though we were as close as it's possible to be with a points difference). But a midfielder will sort everything? Right.

Buying another player guarantees nothing. Doesn't even necessarily make a single extra point more likely (nor less likely). We simply don't know how it will turn out. The only thing we do know is that if buying another midfielder turns out not to be a panacea, there'll be calls for yet another one. And another one after that ad infinitum.

I mean I'd like another midfielder, because I like seeing new players, what they can do etc and watching the squad develop, but I don't necessarily think it'll make it any easier to win a title or trophy.

It'd just be another roll of the dice against a team that has weighted dice

Slippery slope fallacy in action kids. Enjoy...

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #35838 on: August 14, 2022, 10:06:13 pm »
I blame it on the boogie. What about you?
Eboue

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35839 on: August 14, 2022, 10:07:01 pm »
Slippery slope fallacy in action kids. Enjoy...
That comment is the thin end of the wedge