Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3120297 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #35761 on: August 14, 2022, 01:12:17 pm »
The midfield doesn't need a rebuild or something like that. Just two players, even one and things we look very different.

If we want to use a real number 10 we could go with Carvalho or Elliott with a new player+Fabinho+Hendo+Naby+Bajcetic rotating behind them. So 5 players for two positions then the year after we replace one of the five but I think this scenario is unlikely.

The more logical approach I think we will take is
Sucic and Elliott for the right side of midfield.
Hendo, Fabinho and Bajcetic for the 6 position.
New player, Naby and Jones for the left side of midfield.
In this scenario the midfield will look way younger and after two years we replace Hendo . Carvalho as a long term replacement for Diaz.

I didn't include Thiago because I think he won't be here next season. We need a more reliable player at his position.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 01:17:39 pm by Egyptian36 »

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35762 on: August 14, 2022, 01:50:54 pm »
Since 2018 we've signed 1 midfielder. In that time we'e signed 5 defenders and 5 attackers. It's a position we've clearly neglected to evolve. I guess the way we play we don't think it's worth spending on. I don't know how anyone can think it doesn't need a rebuild.

Relying on this group for one more season believing that top 4 is ours at worst is a bit arrogant i think.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35763 on: August 14, 2022, 02:08:18 pm »
Since 2018 we've signed 1 midfielder. In that time we'e signed 5 defenders and 5 attackers. It's a position we've clearly neglected to evolve. I guess the way we play we don't think it's worth spending on. I don't know how anyone can think it doesn't need a rebuild.

Relying on this group for one more season believing that top 4 is ours at worst is a bit arrogant i think.

Do you actually believe this shite or is it just hyperbole? You think the people who run the football club, including Klopp, have neglected spending in a key area because they aren't bothered or are arrogant

I have no idea how anyone who has seen what we have done in the last 5 years can think that, let alone a fan

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35764 on: August 14, 2022, 02:09:09 pm »
Who we aren’t signing

You trying to freshen up your catchphrase?

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35765 on: August 14, 2022, 02:14:43 pm »

We tried to sign one this summer and we signed two young top drawer players in Fabinho and Keita in 2018. Not to mention we still had Henderson and Gini who were both excellent players and we signed Ox in 2017.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #35766 on: August 14, 2022, 02:20:07 pm »
So we’re going back to just after we signed quite a few midfielders and then including Sepp Van Den Berg, Ben Davies and Ozan Kabak as proof that we’ve neglected midfield? :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #35767 on: August 14, 2022, 02:25:17 pm »
We tried to sign one this summer and we signed two young top drawer players in Fabinho and Keita in 2018. Not to mention we still had Henderson and Gini who were both excellent players and we signed Ox in 2017.

None of those matter in the here and now though. You're talking about Fabinho and Keita from 4 years ago. You mention Ox from 2017, who physically is a shadow of the (risky in terms of injuries) player he was then. Teams evolve, the game evolves and players don't fit, get injured or it doesn't work out.

The midfield is not going to get any better unless we improve it. Even if you had a magic wand to keep Keita, Henderson and Thiago fit for 90 percent of games, a lot of the juice has been squeezed from the orange and the output and productivity isn't going to go any way other than down.

We need more than one midfielder going forward, and to not sign at least one this summer would border on negligence in my opinion.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35768 on: August 14, 2022, 02:29:25 pm »
So we’re going back to just after we signed quite a few midfielders and then including Sepp Van Den Berg, Ben Davies and Ozan Kabak as proof that we’ve neglected midfield? :D

I didn't include Kabak. So that's 6 defenders then. I don't think stating we focused on our midfield 4/5 years ago is really much of a defence against the argument.

BTW i'm not blaming Klopp for it but more the owners. I imagine he would freshen up the midfield if he could. He's probably under certain financial constraints. My (more than likely bollocks) take is we lost money during the pandemic but after the injuries buying a centre back was a must so the little money we had when on Konate. We had to replace Mane with Diaz. In terms of pure numbers we needed attackers more than midfielders so Taki and Jota come in. And this summer we were going to spend our money on Tchouameni but couldn't so spent if all on Nunez with nothing left for a midfielder. Maybe Klopp has got the Tchouameni millions to spend on a midfielder this summer but is choosing not to, but i'd doubt it.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35769 on: August 14, 2022, 02:43:21 pm »
None of those matter in the here and now though. You're talking about Fabinho and Keita from 4 years ago. You mention Ox from 2017, who physically is a shadow of the (risky in terms of injuries) player he was then. Teams evolve, the game evolves and players don't fit, get injured or it doesn't work out.

The midfield is not going to get any better unless we improve it. Even if you had a magic wand to keep Keita, Henderson and Thiago fit for 90 percent of games, a lot of the juice has been squeezed from the orange and the output and productivity isn't going to go any way other than down.

We need more than one midfielder going forward, and to not sign at least one this summer would border on negligence in my opinion.
I'm not saying we couldn't do with a midfielder, I'm just giving reasons as to why we haven't had a larger number brought in over the last 4 years. I am one of those fans that think we got Jota a year later than we should and I do think we should have got a CB in when we lost Lovren. I also think we should have got Bissouma or that type of player when Gini left.

I'd love to know what our plans were for the midfield though. If we had bought Tchouameni would we also have gone for Bellingham next summer? Do we want a 6 who can play 8 and that's the reason we might not want Matheus Nunes? Still a few weeks to go in the transfer window though so who knows what might happen.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35770 on: August 14, 2022, 02:49:56 pm »
I didn't include Kabak. So that's 6 defenders then. I don't think stating we focused on our midfield 4/5 years ago is really much of a defence against the argument.

BTW i'm not blaming Klopp for it but more the owners. I imagine he would freshen up the midfield if he could. He's probably under certain financial constraints. My (more than likely bollocks) take is we lost money during the pandemic but after the injuries buying a centre back was a must so the little money we had when on Konate. We had to replace Mane with Diaz. In terms of pure numbers we needed attackers more than midfielders so Taki and Jota come in. And this summer we were going to spend our money on Tchouameni but couldn't so spent if all on Nunez with nothing left for a midfielder. Maybe Klopp has got the Tchouameni millions to spend on a midfielder this summer but is choosing not to, but i'd doubt it.

:D

You know some posts where you only need to scan it very quickly to get the jist of it? I absolutely adore the idea that our recruitment team who have probably one of the best records in PL, maybe even just football, history, have gone ‘Right we can’t get that beast CM….get a striker instead’. It’s amazing, like when you type that do you not stop a few times and think ‘Nah this is actually really stupid’? Instead of the very clear evidence that the manager likes to work on ‘getting the best we can, and if not using internal solutions’, you think that we’ve essentially done a Valencia with Rafa and got him a lampshade when he wanted a table.

I know you’re not blaming the manager, because the staunch critics haven’t got the fortitude to do so. Which is probably good, better they absorb the criticism from certain quarters, but it’s all a little disingenuous. The uncomfortable truth for people like yourself, Fromola, DonkeyWan, that goalposts guy who quotes loads of posts, is that the manager has been as involved as anyone in building this squad. If you think it’s not what it should be, certain areas have been neglected, certain risks have been taken, then you should have the bollocks to acknowledge everyone to blame for our supposed problems.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #35771 on: August 14, 2022, 02:55:47 pm »

That 1 being
Thiago ?
Or Harvey Elliot?
Or Taki Minamino?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35772 on: August 14, 2022, 03:03:30 pm »

You know some posts where you only need to scan it very quickly to get the jist of it? I absolutely adore the idea that our recruitment team who have probably one of the best records in PL, maybe even just football, history, have gone ‘Right we can’t get that beast CM….get a striker instead’. It’s amazing, like when you type that do you not stop a few times and think ‘Nah this is actually really stupid’? Instead of the very clear evidence that the manager likes to work on ‘getting the best we can, and if not using internal solutions’, you think that we’ve essentially done a Valencia with Rafa and got him a lampshade when he wanted a table.

I know you’re not blaming the manager, because the staunch critics haven’t got the fortitude to do so. Which is probably good, better they absorb the criticism from certain quarters, but it’s all a little disingenuous. The uncomfortable truth for people like yourself, Fromola, DonkeyWan, that goalposts guy who quotes loads of posts, is that the manager has been as involved as anyone in building this squad. If you think it’s not what it should be, certain areas have been neglected, certain risks have been taken, then you should have the bollocks to acknowledge everyone to blame for our supposed problems.

Exactly. You have got to be one deluded muppet if you think  Klopp would have extended his contract on two different occasions if he didn't feel he was being backed by the board. Like you said he is as involved in this process as the rest of the recruitment team.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 03:11:41 pm by HardworkDedication »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #35773 on: August 14, 2022, 03:06:33 pm »
That 1 being
Thiago ?
Or Harvey Elliot?
Or Taki Minamino?

And in 2018 we signed Fabinho and Keita for around £100m.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35774 on: August 14, 2022, 03:20:49 pm »
If you think it’s not what it should be, certain areas have been neglected, certain risks have been taken, then you should have the bollocks to acknowledge everyone to blame for our supposed problems.

I think i have acknowledge before that breaking up a successful group is incredibly hard for a manager who stays at the club for more than a few years and clubs get it wrong and hold on too long. And that it's a challenge Klopp's never faced before because even though he was at Dortmund for seven years he was forced to evolve the team when somebody brought his best player every summer. And it's a challenge i'm not sure if we are going to fail. Would Klopp have chosen to change Mane for Diaz if Mane wanted to stay or just keep Mane despite of his age.

I think we're risking top 4 this season with our current approach to midfield. Klopp/club obviously don't. If they're right, happy days. Keita gets a new deal, Bellingham/Someone mint replaces Milner, Elliot becomes a top star. Everything looks rosey.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35775 on: August 14, 2022, 03:32:32 pm »
City havent signed that many midfielders either.

We havent neglected the midfield at all, its just that now we have kind of stumbled on a very imperfect situation regarding them because of the injuries, meaning we now need a bit of a rebuild.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35776 on: August 14, 2022, 03:36:40 pm »
And in 2018 we signed Fabinho and Keita for around £100m.

Keita has been the signing that cost us the most and the biggest issue. Keita and Fabinho should currently be our main two midfielders but due to Keita’s problems we are now left with a strange blend of really young players, really good old players but no reliable, top midfielders in their peak bar Fabinho. But that was just unfortunate really.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35777 on: August 14, 2022, 03:47:51 pm »
I think we're risking top 4 this season with our current approach to midfield.
*Sigh*

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35778 on: August 14, 2022, 03:51:30 pm »
I think i have acknowledge before that breaking up a successful group is incredibly hard for a manager who stays at the club for more than a few years and clubs get it wrong and hold on too long. And that it's a challenge Klopp's never faced before because even though he was at Dortmund for seven years he was forced to evolve the team when somebody brought his best player every summer. And it's a challenge i'm not sure if we are going to fail. Would Klopp have chosen to change Mane for Diaz if Mane wanted to stay or just keep Mane despite of his age.

I think we're risking top 4 this season with our current approach to midfield. Klopp/club obviously don't. If they're right, happy days. Keita gets a new deal, Bellingham/Someone mint replaces Milner, Elliot becomes a top star. Everything looks rosey.

We qualified for the CL in third with zero centrebacks. We will make top four with ease even with a broken midfield. Provided we still have the services of Alisson, Van Dijk, Salah and Trent for most of the season, its not even a debate.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #35779 on: August 14, 2022, 03:54:59 pm »
Keita has been the signing that cost us the most and the biggest issue. Keita and Fabinho should currently be our main two midfielders but due to Keita’s problems we are now left with a strange blend of really young players, really good old players but no reliable, top midfielders in their peak bar Fabinho. But that was just unfortunate really.

I didn’t caveat naming Keita but obviously he was one of two first team midfielders signed that year. A pity it wasn’t a success.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #35780 on: August 14, 2022, 04:29:46 pm »

You know some posts where you only need to scan it very quickly to get the jist of it? .......

Why are you talking about home furnishings in the transfer thread?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35781 on: August 14, 2022, 04:34:02 pm »
It's fine to have a different opinion to the manager, the coaches, the players or the ownership. This isn't a cult its a forum for discussion.

It's also fine to post an opinion that backs up the manager, the coaches, the players or the ownership without being accused of being a member of a cult, no?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #35782 on: August 14, 2022, 04:36:09 pm »
It's also fine to post an opinion that backs up the manager, the coaches, the players or the ownership without being accused of being a member of a cult, no?

yes obviously
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 04:55:27 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35783 on: August 14, 2022, 05:03:37 pm »

Fabinho, Keita, Thiago, Elliott, Carvalho?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35784 on: August 14, 2022, 05:06:20 pm »

But apart from them it’s no-one, which is awful

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #35785 on: August 14, 2022, 05:06:50 pm »

We havent neglected the midfield at all, its just that now we have kind of stumbled on a very imperfect situation regarding them because of the injuries, meaning we now need a bit of a rebuild.

Couple of injuries in that City midfield area and their depth there will look more than a little rubbish, which is why it will be worth
seeing how they fair in the run up to the Winter World Cup when matches come in thick and fast.

P.S. We ain't signing anyone more this window.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35786 on: August 14, 2022, 05:08:52 pm »
But apart from them it’s no-one, which is awful

Was wondering if I was getting whooshed. But sure I get it, we should sign players left and right like Chelsea and Man City to have a massive surplus.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35787 on: August 14, 2022, 05:12:28 pm »

I was stating from the summer after Fab and Keita(which is exactly for that reason because that point 4 years ago was the last time we seriously invested in midfield). Carvalho and Taki are forwards. Elliot was a 16 y/o signed into the youth ranks. If we include all the youth kids signed by the academy then yes it's a good number of midfielders.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35788 on: August 14, 2022, 05:15:18 pm »

It's a fair point. They've only brought Rodri(23) and Phillips(26) in that time. If Thiago was that age profile when we signed him and not 29 my opinion on a swifter refresh would be different for sure.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35789 on: August 14, 2022, 05:27:35 pm »
I was stating from the summer after Fab and Keita(which is exactly for that reason because that point 4 years ago was the last time we seriously invested in midfield). Carvalho and Taki are forwards. Elliot was a 16 y/o signed into the youth ranks. If we include all the youth kids signed by the academy then yes it's a good number of midfielders.

Where in the message that I quoted from you did you write that?

Also Elliott wasn’t really bought for the youth ranks, only to get a loan and then the chance I’m the first team.

I’m sure Carvalho will plenty of matches in midfield. Didn’t he play pretty much only as an attacking midfielder for Fulham.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35790 on: August 14, 2022, 05:44:23 pm »

Well the good news is that we dodged a bullet with Mbappe. Their last game he stopped playing and was crying like a child because his team-mate passed the ball to someone else.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35791 on: August 14, 2022, 06:16:26 pm »

Elliott wasn’t signed for the academy.

I’ve heard Carvalho has been signed with the idea of midfield, but he’ll get minutes as back-up for our forwards.

You’ve clearly picked the cut-off just after we signed a load of midfielders to make it sound dramatic. Signing fewer midfielders the seasons after we signed quite a few midfielders makes sense no?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 06:19:10 pm by Peabee »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35792 on: August 14, 2022, 06:18:11 pm »
Klopp saying we can't react to rivals spending big because we can't just suddenly find extra money confirms it's all money related to me. If he wants Bellingham he's got to save up.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35793 on: August 14, 2022, 06:19:15 pm »
Why?
I'm not having a go at you ... it just seemed the same as saying "I think you spend money to increase your chances of winning games"  :)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35794 on: August 14, 2022, 06:23:46 pm »
Klopp saying we can't react to rivals spending big because we can't just suddenly find extra money confirms it's all money related to me. If he wants Bellingham he's got to save up.

I doubt that, we will have the money for a Bellingham. If not, then we should avoid letting players get to the final year of their deals.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35795 on: August 14, 2022, 06:27:51 pm »

Considering we were set to bid for Tchouameni then I doubt that’s true.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35796 on: August 14, 2022, 06:32:12 pm »

We’ve blown the Tchouameni money on Nunez mate, and the Bellingham funds have already gone on Salah, Gomez and Elliotts new deals.

He needs to decide if he wants a new main stand or a midfielder….right? Midfielder or striker, stand or midfielder, pasta at lunch or center back.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #35797 on: August 14, 2022, 06:32:41 pm »
I doubt that we will have the money for a Bellingham.

Agreed.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35798 on: August 14, 2022, 06:36:11 pm »

Agreed. Klopp's quotes to me says we're as poor as a church mouse, that's just had an enormous tax bill on the very day his wife ran off with another mouse, taking all the cheese.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35799 on: August 14, 2022, 06:44:11 pm »
We’ve blown the Tchouameni money on Nunez mate, and the Bellingham funds have already gone on Salah, Gomez and Elliotts new deals.

He needs to decide if he wants a new main stand or a midfielder….right? Midfielder or striker, stand or midfielder, pasta at lunch or center back.

We need a midfielder

Where's the Erdinger money Klopp?!?!