Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3113331 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #35600 on: August 10, 2022, 10:33:15 am »
Next season as certainties you’re probably looking at:
Fabinho
Henderson
Thiago
Elliott
Jones

Milner and Ox gone, and Keita we’re unsure of. From the first list, Hendo will be 33, Thiago has only been available for four tenths of the games we’ve had him for, jury is still very much out on Jones. We’re going to need two, possibly three over the next three windows. For all the talk of Bellingham, it’s him plus at least 1 more.

Which is why the change should ideally be spread out over several windows I.e. Diaz, Nunez and Jota.  If not now then January at least.and then one in the summer and then another the one after.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #35601 on: August 10, 2022, 10:45:12 am »
Which is why the change should ideally be spread out over several windows I.e. Diaz, Nunez and Jota.  If not now then January at least.and then one in the summer and then another the one after.
I agree but then what do I know? I wanted another midfielder last summer and we reached three finals and nearly won the league. It does seem more pressing at the moment though with uncertainty over contracts, ageing players and inevitable injuries.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35602 on: August 10, 2022, 10:47:53 am »
People keep saying Milner will go next season but im not so sure if he keeps up his fitness/form he could stay another year as a squad player.

He is in incredible shape for his age.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35603 on: August 10, 2022, 10:47:56 am »
You'd imagine our desperation for midfielders will only increase as time progresses and the selling clubs will know that too.

This Summer felt like a really good opportunity to at least add one to the group.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #35604 on: August 10, 2022, 10:54:49 am »
You'd imagine our desperation for midfielders will only increase as time progresses and the selling clubs will know that too.

This Summer felt like a really good opportunity to at least add one to the group.

3rd in a row now isn't it?
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35605 on: August 10, 2022, 11:59:11 am »
We've shown we can move quickly to replenish an area of the squad when needed - adding Diaz, Nunez and Jota over the course of six months, all of whom should go on to have huge careers in the Liverpool attack.

So I'm confident enough that we can do similar in midfield by adding a couple next summer but of course the problem with waiting a year is the effect on this season.

I do get why we're seemingly waiting for Bellingham. I certainly wouldn't go and sign an alternative just because they're available now if it restricted us from getting him next summer. But we should still be able to go and find that second midfielder we'll surely need, someone more defensive-minded who can play deep and add some more steel while contributing going forward - which presumably is what we wanted Tchouameni to do.

With us seemingly not doing so, even with a midfield injury crisis in the offing, it suggests a couple of possibilities to me. The first is that we only intend to add one midfielder over the next 12 months, with that midfielder being Bellingham - this is a bit like the Konate situation in January 2021. The other possibility is that we do want another midfielder on top of Bellingham, but they're also not available this season or we haven't decided on a target yet. It could be, for example, that we think Kone or Nunes is the guy to fill that second slot but we think they need at least another half-season before we're confident in making a move. That's maybe akin to the Diaz situation, where we presumably liked him a lot this time 12 months ago but didn't think the time was quite right to go for him.

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #35606 on: August 10, 2022, 12:50:14 pm »
For me, the Bellingham situation is different from signing Diaz, Konate and even van Dijk.  Even if Bellingham is leaning towards joining us, we're likely to face competition from Man City and Real Madrid for his signature next summer, with both of those clubs also looking to rejuvenate their midfield. 

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35607 on: August 10, 2022, 12:51:02 pm »
We've shown we can move quickly to replenish an area of the squad when needed - adding Diaz, Nunez and Jota over the course of six months, all of whom should go on to have huge careers in the Liverpool attack.

So I'm confident enough that we can do similar in midfield by adding a couple next summer but of course the problem with waiting a year is the effect on this season.

I do get why we're seemingly waiting for Bellingham. I certainly wouldn't go and sign an alternative just because they're available now if it restricted us from getting him next summer. But we should still be able to go and find that second midfielder we'll surely need, someone more defensive-minded who can play deep and add some more steel while contributing going forward - which presumably is what we wanted Tchouameni to do.

With us seemingly not doing so, even with a midfield injury crisis in the offing, it suggests a couple of possibilities to me. The first is that we only intend to add one midfielder over the next 12 months, with that midfielder being Bellingham - this is a bit like the Konate situation in January 2021. The other possibility is that we do want another midfielder on top of Bellingham, but they're also not available this season or we haven't decided on a target yet. It could be, for example, that we think Kone or Nunes is the guy to fill that second slot but we think they need at least another half-season before we're confident in making a move. That's maybe akin to the Diaz situation, where we presumably liked him a lot this time 12 months ago but didn't think the time was quite right to go for him.

We tend to operate a year behind in the transfer market and can therefore be reactive rather than proactive, I don't get the wait-and-see approach or leave it till next year.  Diaz is the kind of proactiveness needed here, you'd like to see that more often when it's needed.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35608 on: August 10, 2022, 12:55:08 pm »
I think the transfer deadline this year will be quite pivotal. If we are to bring in further reinforcements, I imagine we will wait until then before anything happens.

Seems to me right now there are many teams out there still looking for players, but it's a sellers market at the moment. And without resolution at Barca in terms of their ability to register players for LaLiga, it's probably holding up several deals as other clubs circle around their younger talents.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #35609 on: August 10, 2022, 01:02:02 pm »
For me, the Bellingham situation is different from signing Diaz, Konate and even van Dijk.  Even if Bellingham is leaning towards joining us, we're likely to face competition from Man City and Real Madrid for his signature next summer, with both of those clubs also looking to rejuvenate their midfield.

Logically if we're purely waiting for Bellingham, I'd guess we'd pretty much want a 'yes he's yours next summer' from Dortmund for us to wait a year. I can't imagine we'll have asked Dortmund and they've said 'Yeah just bid for him next summer and we'll see what happens' and we've then decided that we're happy to wait a year....just so we can then get embroiled in a bidding/wages war with two clubs who would both go bigger than us. It'd make no sense.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #35610 on: August 10, 2022, 01:08:10 pm »
Logically if we're purely waiting for Bellingham, I'd guess we'd pretty much want a 'yes he's yours next summer' from Dortmund for us to wait a year. I can't imagine we'll have asked Dortmund and they've said 'Yeah just bid for him next summer and we'll see what happens' and we've then decided that we're happy to wait a year....just so we can then get embroiled in a bidding/wages war with two clubs who would both go bigger than us. It'd make no sense.

Sure, but why would Dortmund agree to such an arrangement when a bidding war is better for them? Unless Bellingham insists we're the only club for him. It really hinges on Bellingham wanting to come to us.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35611 on: August 10, 2022, 01:21:45 pm »
If we're putting all our eggs in the Bellingham basket then we must have had some assurances from the player himself.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35612 on: August 10, 2022, 01:28:31 pm »
If we're putting all our eggs in the Bellingham basket then we must have had some assurances from the player himself.
yup.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #35613 on: August 10, 2022, 01:31:42 pm »
I agree but then what do I know? I wanted another midfielder last summer and we reached three finals and nearly won the league. It does seem more pressing at the moment though with uncertainty over contracts, ageing players and inevitable injuries.
And if we'd got that  midfielder we may well have won the title. Turn one of those draws  before Christmas into  a victory...were doing the same this season.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35614 on: August 10, 2022, 01:36:11 pm »
Cheeky bid for Conor Gallagher anyone?  ::)
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35615 on: August 10, 2022, 01:43:44 pm »
Are we signing anyone?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35616 on: August 10, 2022, 01:50:16 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35617 on: August 10, 2022, 02:03:14 pm »
Are we signing anyone?

no one else most likely.

Nunes seems like a great fit - but apparently we will not make a signing for a 6 week injury.....which of course presumes that Thiago will then be available for 100% of the rest of the season.

And also doesn't seem to take into account the inevitable injuries that Keita, Henderson, and Fabinho will have over the course of the season.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35618 on: August 10, 2022, 02:03:53 pm »

Chelsea would do it, I reckon. Boehly is absolutely wild and clearly doesn’t care about the whole not dealing with rivals thing.

Whether he’s good enough is a different question obviously.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35619 on: August 10, 2022, 02:05:41 pm »
Sure, but why would Dortmund agree to such an arrangement when a bidding war is better for them? Unless Bellingham insists we're the only club for him. It really hinges on Bellingham wanting to come to us.

Some people believe that Dortmund have agreements with players on when they'll be allowed to leave and for what amount, so if that is the case with Bellingham it might be that they're happy to pretty much agree now to, I dunno, £75 million next summer.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #35620 on: August 10, 2022, 02:26:45 pm »
no one else most likely.

Nunes seems like a great fit - but apparently we will not make a signing for a 6 week injury.....which of course presumes that Thiago will then be available for 100% of the rest of the season.

And also doesn't seem to take into account the inevitable injuries that Keita, Henderson, and Fabinho will have over the course of the season.
Is the winter transfer window open at the normal time this season?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35621 on: August 10, 2022, 02:27:52 pm »
He's a good player to be fair

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35622 on: August 10, 2022, 02:31:06 pm »
Chelsea would do it, I reckon. Boehly is absolutely wild and clearly doesn’t care about the whole not dealing with rivals thing.

Whether he’s good enough is a different question obviously.

I honestly think he can do a job. He's certainly no Bellingham, but I feel like we really need someone in midfield that is versatile, can do the pressing, close up spaces and be aggressive. As it stands, only Elliott and Milner I can classify in that type of role, perhaps Jones. Elliott may rediscover some of that form he had at the beginning of last season, but that's still a question mark. Milner I think is needed across many different roles for us, and maybe depended upon more than he needs to be. Jones is the biggest question mark at all, as it feels like he's still having trouble adapting to the rigours of PL football.

In terms of youngsters, looks like Bajcetic is the one that could come in and do that job, but that feels like it's a really difficult one to predict. Think there is still a lot of time before Klopp decides we need more help.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #35623 on: August 10, 2022, 02:37:28 pm »
I honestly think he can do a job. He's certainly no Bellingham, but I feel like we really need someone in midfield that is versatile, can do the pressing, close up spaces and be aggressive. As it stands, only Elliott and Milner I can classify in that type of role, perhaps Jones. Elliott may rediscover some of that form he had at the beginning of last season, but that's still a question mark. Milner I think is needed across many different roles for us, and maybe depended upon more than he needs to be. Jones is the biggest question mark at all, as it feels like he's still having trouble adapting to the rigours of PL football.

In terms of youngsters, looks like Bajcetic is the one that could come in and do that job, but that feels like it's a really difficult one to predict. Think there is still a lot of time before Klopp decides we need more help.

did we sell Keita already?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35624 on: August 10, 2022, 02:41:23 pm »

no - we are just waiting for his injury.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35625 on: August 10, 2022, 02:41:53 pm »

Gavi is two months older than Bajcetic, and I imagine people would expect him to start most games if we signed him. So it might not be as fanciful as people think that he could be a genuine option this season.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35626 on: August 10, 2022, 02:44:30 pm »

Honestly, do you really think Keita is that willing runner we need in our midfield? Not to say he doesn't have a spot in our squad, but think Thiago and him serve a similar function in our middle 3. He certainly isn't that energy player that goes out there and harries the opposition.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35627 on: August 10, 2022, 02:47:42 pm »
Gavi is two months older than Bajcetic, and I imagine people would expect him to start most games if we signed him. So it might not be as fanciful as people think that he could be a genuine option this season.

I also think Bajcetic can be an option, and Klopp of course will know better than we do in terms of his readiness. But the obvious issue is that none of us have seen him play enough to think that he's that player. It's not about his age, it's more the experience. Think Klopp still has two weeks to make a determination on whether or not we will need to add.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35628 on: August 10, 2022, 02:48:00 pm »
Honestly, do you really think Keita is that willing runner we need in our midfield? Not to say he doesn't have a spot in our squad, but think Thiago and him serve a similar function in our middle 3. He certainly isn't that energy player that goes out there and harries the opposition.

isn't that exactly what he is?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35629 on: August 10, 2022, 02:51:01 pm »
isn't that exactly what he is?

Is he? I haven't seen that from him in quite a long time. He has spells certainly, but not consistently.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35630 on: August 10, 2022, 02:51:24 pm »
He certainly isn't that energy player that goes out there and harries the opposition.

He's amazing at that!!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35631 on: August 10, 2022, 02:57:20 pm »

Madrid really don't need Bellingham with Valverde, Tchouameni and Camavinga.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #35632 on: August 10, 2022, 03:01:07 pm »
It's odd with Keita because he presses brilliantly, produces great turnovers and recoveries and also offers elite level carrying, shooting and tackles.

And yet, for reasons I find it hard to put my finger on, he certainly is not the physically dominant, mobile midfielder we seem to be in need of. This isn't simply based on his stature and frame - he's not noticeably weak - but he doesn't cover a massive amount of ground often, or is at least inconsistent with it and is our worst midfielder for being caught ahead of the ball on turnovers. His sprints are also inconsistent.

Looking at the stats in isolation, Keita does seem to be that mobile, physically capable midfielder that we want, but he clearly isn't that. He's more of a languid creator who shows dynamism in bursts. He's always struck me as someone who'd thrive in a 4-2-3-1 as the central part of the three, more of a ten, or in a double pivot with less defensive responsibility.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35633 on: August 10, 2022, 03:09:07 pm »

Chelsea have a bottomless pit again at the moment as well.

Rice will go for a lot of money next summer (probably to Chelsea or United) and the money touted for him will add to Bellingham's value.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35634 on: August 10, 2022, 03:12:21 pm »
It's odd with Keita because he presses brilliantly, produces great turnovers and recoveries and also offers elite level carrying, shooting and tackles.

And yet, for reasons I find it hard to put my finger on, he certainly is not the physically dominant, mobile midfielder we seem to be in need of. This isn't simply based on his stature and frame - he's not noticeably weak - but he doesn't cover a massive amount of ground often, or is at least inconsistent with it and is our worst midfielder for being caught ahead of the ball on turnovers. His sprints are also inconsistent.

Looking at the stats in isolation, Keita does seem to be that mobile, physically capable midfielder that we want, but he clearly isn't that. He's more of a languid creator who shows dynamism in bursts. He's always struck me as someone who'd thrive in a 4-2-3-1 as the central part of the three, more of a ten, or in a double pivot with less defensive responsibility.

Keita's a bit of an enigma. In theory should be that player we need and posts good numbers but just doesn't tactically offer Klopp what Gini did, provide the energy or Hendo, defensive solidity of Fabinho or control of Thiago. He's never really been a regular starter for Klopp like those players have.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35635 on: August 10, 2022, 03:18:24 pm »
Naby's a great case for striking a balance between analytics and the good old fashioned #eyetest.

His numbers on Fbref point to an absolutely dominant central midfielder, one of the best in the world. When in reality, he's never come close to justifying the fee we paid for him as the consistency from him has never been there and the trust from Jurgen hasn't been there for a long time now.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #35636 on: August 10, 2022, 03:26:46 pm »
Naby's a great case for striking a balance between analytics and the good old fashioned #eyetest.

His numbers on Fbref point to an absolutely dominant central midfielder, one of the best in the world. When in reality, he's never come close to justifying the fee we paid for him as the consistency from him has never been there and the trust from Jurgen hasn't been there for a long time now.
I'd agree in that analytics - despite me being an obvious fan - aren't the be all and end all. I think it also goes to show that they can be skewed and you have to look at them within the context of games in order to understand if a stat is over-inflated or simply not representative of the typical output of a player. The issue with tools like FBRef, Squawka etc (although they're great) is that you can't get a lot of the more detailed stuff that gives you context. WyScout gives you that but is a premium service so I understand why most don't use it, but that can show you where pressing was applied, the distances in pressing and whether it actually forced a turnover or not, because when not used intelligently, you can still be seen as a pressing machine, which is pointless if the application is not effective. Stats have Curtis Jones in the top 15% outfield pressers in Europe last season on the surface of it. But when you look into it, he pressed ineffectually, was played around consistently and produced next to no defensive turnovers from his pressing (bottom 8% of all outfielders). This isn't me picking on Curtis, just highlighting how analytics can be shallow if misunderstood or not taken with a pinch of salt.

Keita to me is someone you build your team around and he will win you games. You can't trust him to be consistently available enough for you to do that though and when he has played, his inconsistency means we would never look to attempt to do that.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35637 on: August 10, 2022, 03:28:59 pm »

By all.means give the club full credit for the amazing recruitment but... over the course 6 months?

Jotas been here since 2020 and Nunez arrived this summer!! We're quick but not THAT quick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35638 on: August 10, 2022, 03:38:12 pm »

I just had a quick look, he completed a full 90' only 12 times last season, 5 of those on international duty. His performances for me is measured a lot in 45 minute blocks, rather than a full game. He'll have an amazing half, then be relatively anonymous for another one or two. Perhaps he's been unlucky with his injuries, but even now he's missed a full preseason with us, which doesn't really bode well for the upcoming campaign.

We really do need another energy player like Elliott, who kept running even at the end of the Salzburg match. A friendly, no less. We haven't had a great pressing team in a while, to me that feels like a waste considering we have forwards like Darwin, Diogo, Diaz and Salah who are just pressing machines.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35639 on: August 10, 2022, 03:42:17 pm »
I'd agree in that analytics - despite me being an obvious fan - aren't the be all and end all. I think it also goes to show that they can be skewed and you have to look at them within the context of games in order to understand if a stat is over-inflated or simply not representative of the typical output of a player. The issue with tools like FBRef, Squawka etc (although they're great) is that you can't get a lot of the more detailed stuff that gives you context. WyScout gives you that but is a premium service so I understand why most don't use it, but that can show you where pressing was applied, the distances in pressing and whether it actually forced a turnover or not, because when not used intelligently, you can still be seen as a pressing machine, which is pointless if the application is not effective. Stats have Curtis Jones in the top 15% outfield pressers in Europe last season on the surface of it. But when you look into it, he pressed ineffectually, was played around consistently and produced next to no defensive turnovers from his pressing (bottom 8% of all outfielders). This isn't me picking on Curtis, just highlighting how analytics can be shallow if misunderstood or not taken with a pinch of salt.

Keita to me is someone you build your team around and he will win you games. You can't trust him to be consistently available enough for you to do that though and when he has played, his inconsistency means we would never look to attempt to do that.
I just had a quick look, he completed a full 90' only 12 times last season, 5 of those on international duty. His performances for me is measured a lot in 45 minute blocks, rather than a full game. He'll have an amazing half, then be relatively anonymous for another one or two. Perhaps he's been unlucky with his injuries, but even now he's missed a full preseason with us, which doesn't really bode well for the upcoming campaign.

We really do need another energy player like Elliott, who kept running even at the end of the Salzburg match. A friendly, no less. We haven't had a great pressing team in a while, to me that feels like a waste considering we have forwards like Darwin, Diogo, Diaz and Salah who are just pressing machines.

No doubt his injuries have very much hurt his progression/fitness/explosiveness