Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3113290 times)

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #35520 on: August 9, 2022, 12:03:12 pm »
Is there a special task force set up to find great midfielders from Spain? a sort of...Soler panel?

Technically speaking Carlos Soler would be a Barragán.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #35521 on: August 9, 2022, 12:26:09 pm »
I don't understand the obsession with Jude. De Jong is more proven plays arguably in a more competitive league and we have big dutch personality like VVD who can convince him to come here.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #35522 on: August 9, 2022, 12:35:51 pm »
I don't understand the obsession with Jude. De Jong is more proven plays arguably in a more competitive league and we have big dutch personality like VVD who can convince him to come here.

De Jong is on millions more a year than Van Dijk. It's the kind of signing that would ruin the wage structure of the club (a consideration that almost lost us Mo).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #35523 on: August 9, 2022, 12:38:17 pm »
A few on here have mentioned De Jong over the past couple of days. I'd have been fine with United dropping 80 odd million on him. I really don't think he's kicked on since leaving the inferior Dutch league. As we all know it's not Barca's greatest ever side, but I think it'd be really hard to justify spending big on him. Maybe Klopp could get a better tune out of him but I'd steer clear. Huge wages too.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35524 on: August 9, 2022, 12:41:39 pm »
De Jong is on the similar deal to what we offer Mo now. It's a none starter.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #35525 on: August 9, 2022, 12:49:34 pm »
A few on here have mentioned De Jong over the past couple of days. I'd have been fine with United dropping 80 odd million on him. I really don't think he's kicked on since leaving the inferior Dutch league. As we all know it's not Barca's greatest ever side, but I think it'd be really hard to justify spending big on him. Maybe Klopp could get a better tune out of him but I'd steer clear. Huge wages too.

Not exactly been great for them but Barca such a basket case. You would expect someone like Xavi would want to build a team around him if he's that good a midfielder, although Barca need to sort their wage bill out.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #35526 on: August 9, 2022, 01:21:17 pm »
If City are losing Bernardo then they are going to go all in for Jude and put a crazy bid.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35527 on: August 9, 2022, 01:34:57 pm »
If City are losing Bernardo then they are going to go all in for Jude and put a crazy bid.

And Dortmund will turn it down. They don't need to sell, and his value won't be affected over the next 12 months provided he stays injury free.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #35528 on: August 9, 2022, 01:52:51 pm »
And Dortmund will turn it down. They don't need to sell, and his value won't be affected over the next 12 months provided he stays injury free.

His value will only increase which means he'd be more easily attainable now than in 12 months time when there will be more clubs interested in him and his value increased, especially if he has a good world cup and/or season with Dortmund.

Dortmund would sell this year if the fee was right. I've said for months now I'd offer 60m and Naby and see what they say.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #35529 on: August 9, 2022, 01:54:19 pm »

Depends how much they offer and when, If the offer is north of a 100m they will accept and reinvest in 2-3 players but the later it goes into the transfer window the less chance of that happening.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35530 on: August 9, 2022, 01:55:07 pm »

If Man City put £100m on the table I'd be absolutely astonished if Dortmund said no. It's simply not the way they operate. They usually take the huge money when it's there and move on.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #35531 on: August 9, 2022, 01:57:42 pm »
De Jong would cost 75m to buy and is still owed £17m in wages by Barca (which they would want the buying club to take one).

The less LFC have to do with a basket case like Barca, the better.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35532 on: August 9, 2022, 01:58:18 pm »
His value will only increase which means he'd be more easily attainable now than in 12 months time when there will be more clubs interested in him and his value increased, especially if he has a good world cup and/or season with Dortmund.

Dortmund would sell this year if the fee was right. I've said for months now I'd offer 60m and Naby and see what they say.
Calm down on the Football Manager  ;D

It's three weeks till the window closes. No way they let Bellingham go.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35533 on: August 9, 2022, 02:01:46 pm »
If Man City put £100m on the table I'd be absolutely astonished if Dortmund said no. It's simply not the way they operate. They usually take the huge money when it's there and move on.

They've always set deadlines for when they will let players leave.

Plus Bellingham could always turn down the move too.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35534 on: August 9, 2022, 02:13:08 pm »

This is an alien concept for some on here it seems. Imagine a player deciding to push for a move to us over City, for example. I imagine that has never, or would ever, happen  ::)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35535 on: August 9, 2022, 02:24:47 pm »
They've always set deadlines for when they will let players leave.

Bellingham may reject but Dortmund definitely would not. They wouldn't be able to get him to the airport quick enough for £100m.

Offline BigRedFeetBed

• Main Stander
« Reply #35536 on: August 9, 2022, 02:36:54 pm »
I don't know how long FDJ has left on his contract but Barcelona clearly need to get rid in order to register players and shore up cash etc..

I don't know the ins and outs of what is happening but would I be right in assuming Barca still owe us money for previous transfers?

With that in mind would it be outrageous to suggest they give him to us in lieu of outstanding debt, and we pay him his £17m plus a bit extra as a signing on bonus and do this to offset a huge wage, and instead put him in line with others we have at the club with achievable bonuses. I reckon we could get it done for maybe £30m if Barcelona and player are willing to listen.

Is he good enough for us?

Just a thought mind!

« Last Edit: August 9, 2022, 02:39:27 pm by BigRedFeetBed »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #35537 on: August 9, 2022, 02:38:10 pm »
Bellingham may reject but Dortmund definitely would not. They wouldn't be able to get him to the airport quick enough for £100m.

I did think that earlier in the window, but if there isn't a deal agreed already (which is my thinking) then I'm not sure they would let him go for £100 million now considering the fees being thrown around.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35538 on: August 9, 2022, 02:42:03 pm »
I did think that earlier in the window, but if there isn't a deal agreed already (which is my thinking) then I'm not sure they would let him go for £100 million now considering the fees being thrown around.

The financial realities outside of England are way different though. It would still be the second highest transfer fee received in Bundesliga history and be about 31% of their turnover for a year.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35539 on: August 9, 2022, 02:50:14 pm »
They did (stupidly) refuse getting more money by selling Sancho and Haaland a season earlier then they did so who knows what they're thinking.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35540 on: August 9, 2022, 02:54:57 pm »
Has Julian Ward entered Portuguese airspace yet?

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #35541 on: August 9, 2022, 03:05:07 pm »
Tielemans is seemingly available, honestly think he’d be a decent buy.

In what way? He has a questionable attitude (by all accounts), poor workrate and is slow...?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35542 on: August 9, 2022, 03:14:24 pm »
Isn't he quite a slow healer? I seem to remember his last '6 week' injury lasting just under 3 months, but I may be wrong on that...

That was when someone tried to break his leg. Kind of a different situation.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35543 on: August 9, 2022, 03:14:55 pm »
In what way? He has a questionable attitude (by all accounts), poor workrate and is slow...?
Yeah. Not a Liverpool player in my book.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #35544 on: August 9, 2022, 03:22:13 pm »
That was when someone tried to break his leg. Kind of a different situation.

I think I was thinking of the calf injury the following season, was supposed to be a knock but he ended up missing a couple of months

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35545 on: August 9, 2022, 03:28:57 pm »
I don't know how long FDJ has left on his contract
I keep reading FDJ here and I always read it as FDR and think people are taking about us buying Franklin D. Roosevelt. But that can't happen because I heard he'd signed a New Deal
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35546 on: August 9, 2022, 03:31:33 pm »
Why do we have an obsession with Bellingham?

Anything could happen with that - he goes elsewhere as can command more money or gets injured

Odd to put all your eggs in one basket
I think if Klopp had to build his perfect midfielder then Bellingham would come close. Pace, power, athleticism, seems to be tactically astute, good passer, good dribbler, good presser and as a bonus he is 19 and English. He also doesn't appear to be a dickhead. Yes, he is a bit cocky but I like that.

To be fair I think Tchouameni fits the all round template as well.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35547 on: August 9, 2022, 03:31:49 pm »
Tielemans' reputation has taken an absolute battering in RAWK transfer threads lately and I'm not entirely sure why.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #35548 on: August 9, 2022, 03:32:26 pm »
Tielemans' reputation has taken an absolute battering in RAWK transfer threads lately and I'm not entirely sure why.
People started to watch him actually play
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35549 on: August 9, 2022, 03:41:29 pm »

Tielemans is the definition of average. Lijnders explained our strategy clearly, if the club can't identify or afford a qauilty player then Klopp would rather wait instead of wasting money on the likes of Tielemans.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35550 on: August 9, 2022, 03:42:11 pm »
Speaking of Leicester midfielders, Dewsbury-Hall profiles well.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #35551 on: August 9, 2022, 03:42:28 pm »
I reckon Nunes is already in the bag and we're making a long play for Frenkie by letting him be jostled between the craziness of Barca and United, and we swoop in for a gratefully lowering his wages player going for the cheap on the last day of the window.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #35552 on: August 9, 2022, 03:43:18 pm »
Tielemans is the definition of average. Lijnders explained our strategy clearly, if the club can't identify or afford a qauilty player then Klopp would rather wait instead of wasting money on the likes of Tielemans.

He's far from the definition of average, but he doesn't have the athleticism for us.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35553 on: August 9, 2022, 03:45:07 pm »
I think I was thinking of the calf injury the following season, was supposed to be a knock but he ended up missing a couple of months

He was out for 43 days / 10 matches per Transfermarkt.

I wouldn't necessarily put anything down to him being a slow healer, but he does seem to be very prone to soft tissue injuries. But we knew that before we signed him.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35554 on: August 9, 2022, 03:45:48 pm »
Speaking of Leicester midfielders, Dewsbury-Hall profiles well.

"Profiles well" is that code for "is good"?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35555 on: August 9, 2022, 03:47:58 pm »
Tielemans is the definition of a sideways step. He's not an improvement on what we already have.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35556 on: August 9, 2022, 03:53:32 pm »
I reckon Nunes is already in the bag and we're making a long play for Frenkie by letting him be jostled between the craziness of Barca and United, and we swoop in for a gratefully lowering his wages player going for the cheap on the last day of the window.
I’ll have what you’re having please.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #35557 on: August 9, 2022, 04:00:36 pm »
I’ll have what you’re having please.

I wouldn't recommend crystal meth mate.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35558 on: August 9, 2022, 04:10:57 pm »
I read that as Crystal Maze and I would recommend that. Not the rebooted series mind you.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35559 on: August 9, 2022, 04:11:54 pm »

Why? They have signed Phillips