Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3113292 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #35480 on: August 9, 2022, 10:09:17 am »
I said earlier in the transfer window someone like Carlos Soler from Valencia would be a great option.

He's a classy little operator. With the way Valencia sell off anybody who's good it is surprising he is there.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35481 on: August 9, 2022, 10:13:17 am »
He's a classy little operator. With the way Valencia sell off anybody who's good it is surprising he is there.

There was rumours Barca had him all but the delays in offloading Frenkie de Jong put the breaks on the deal moving forward.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35482 on: August 9, 2022, 10:17:13 am »
His contract runs out in 12 months too.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35483 on: August 9, 2022, 10:21:31 am »
Tielemans is seemingly available, honestly think he’d be a decent buy.

not sure about his work rate and think for what he'd cost we can do better to be honest
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35484 on: August 9, 2022, 10:25:12 am »

In such a condensed season, games coming rapidly in succession, a ‘break’ where a lot of our squad isn’t getting a break, there’s a clear need to bring someone in now to cover the fact that out of the midfielders available, every single one of them has had at least a month out injured in the past two seasons. In that time, Milner’s missed 13 games injured, Keita 21, Henderson 19, Thiago 41, Elliott 30, Fabinho 14 and Ox 22. That is beyond patchy availability, it’s awful. It’s caveated with the fact that the likes of Elliott was a single impact injury, but as the players get older and the fixtures more congested, there’s very much a need to address this before it gets worse, because realistically these players aren’t all of a sudden going to get less injury prone.

Looking up those numbers, it shocked me to see how available Keita has been, but even the best there is Milner who isn’t a first choice starter. Surrounding this is the fact we give players time to get back to match fitness and the fact three of that group are all currently injured. If the club chooses not to get someone as they believe they’ll manage, then that’s that. We’ll find a way. My argument would be we needed a midfielder even before Thiago’s injury.
What a depressing post DS, I mean I agree with all of it but it’s hard to understand why we’re so light in midfield. Fair enough to say we had the numbers but if you look at the players occupying those midfield spots then you realise it’s just so risky, they can’t stay fit and sadly it’s happening again this season.

Be interesting to see how this plays out, don’t see us signing anyone so what do we do? Change of formation? Or one of the young lads steps up?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #35485 on: August 9, 2022, 10:26:02 am »

They want £60m + for Fofana so it will be similar for Tielemans.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35486 on: August 9, 2022, 10:27:25 am »

Leicester don't have a strong hand with Tielemans. He's out of contract next summer. Reckon they'd get £30m tops. More Arsenal level than Liverpool.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #35487 on: August 9, 2022, 10:28:07 am »
Is he more expensive than Bellingham?

Why do we have an obsession with Bellingham?

Anything could happen with that - he goes elsewhere as can command more money or gets injured

Odd to put all your eggs in one basket
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35488 on: August 9, 2022, 10:31:11 am »

It also wouldn't be worthwhile to buy a midfielder who would be 5th choice at best. He's not that good.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35489 on: August 9, 2022, 10:33:57 am »
His contract runs out in 12 months too.

25 year old, club captain, averaging 30 La Liga matches per season over past 6 years, 11 goals and 8 assists last season.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35490 on: August 9, 2022, 10:35:52 am »
Think we just need more physical and willing pressers from midfield, something I don't think we will get from a Tielemans for example. If Bissouma didn't have his off field issues, he would have been a great buy for us this summer.

I'd nick Conor Gallagher from Chelsea if possible. Won't be very expensive, has decent top flight experience, versatile, willing runner, and seemingly stuck behind a cacophany of players at the moment. Probably a good time to take advantage while Tuchel is causing a bit of malaise at that club.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35491 on: August 9, 2022, 10:37:31 am »
Think we just need more physical and willing pressers from midfield, something I don't think we will get from a Tielemans for example. If Bissouma didn't have his off field issues, he would have been a great buy for us this summer.

I'd nick Conor Gallagher from Chelsea if possible. Won't be very expensive, has decent top flight experience, versatile, willing runner, and seemingly stuck behind a cacophany of players at the moment. Probably a good time to take advantage while Tuchel is causing a bit of malaise at that club.

I'd 100% take Gallagher. And agree, the player profile of Bissouma would have been absolutely exactly what we needed. The person Bissouma is a c*nt though, so fuck him.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #35492 on: August 9, 2022, 10:38:14 am »
I'd 100% take Gallagher. And agree, the player profile of Bissouma would have been absolutely exactly what we needed. The person Bissouma is a c*nt though, so fuck him.

Gallagher would cost £60 million.

Bissouma wasn't charged either.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35493 on: August 9, 2022, 10:39:41 am »

The only logical reason is a deal is 'all but' agreed - like Virgil between Summer 17 and winter 18, or Ibou between Winter 21 and Summer 21. It's all more or less 'there' we just can't get it over the line in the time we all want to. If that is the case that's kind of fine, but we have problems right now, and we don't just need one midfielder. We need someone now. We need someone else [bellingham] in the future.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #35494 on: August 9, 2022, 10:40:25 am »

:D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #35495 on: August 9, 2022, 10:46:19 am »
I may be passing Kirkby later, does anyone have the pokey stick so I can poke them with to do something?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35496 on: August 9, 2022, 10:48:47 am »

Don't think a player's who's been loaned out for three straight seasons will cost £60 million. £30 million maybe, but definitely not £60 million.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35497 on: August 9, 2022, 10:49:44 am »
Absolutely wild names here. Conor Gallagher? The lad ran scolding hot at Palace and that covered up the fact he's not even close to being good enough as a footballer for Liverpool. Our injuries are sending some of you insane.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #35498 on: August 9, 2022, 10:51:50 am »
https://twitter.com/MikeWorthingUK?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1556793751930126336%7Ctwgr%5E0d64cb93bc8e1bbe93ed679a1308d20c5a706b40%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fdiscussion%2F2058184576%2Fliverpool-fc-team-talk-gossip-rumours-2022-2023%2Fp1058

First i've heard of Michael Worthing, good chance he's a spoofer, quick google search doesn't throw up any links to the Athletic, he may have added it to his twitter bio for the craic.

Maybe i'm wrong, but i'd wait for James Pearce to be honest.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35499 on: August 9, 2022, 10:53:06 am »
Absolutely wild names here. Conor Gallagher? The lad ran scolding hot at Palace and that covered up the fact he's not even close to being good enough as a footballer for Liverpool. Our injuries are sending some of you insane.

Would have said that about buying Henderson from Sunderland. But once in a while you have to go for players who are willing to play a role and run themselves into the ground for the greater good. Everytime I watch him play I feel like he's got that intelligence to play for us, even though he's not the most skilled player out there. He just has to know what Klopp wants him to do, and do the job properly, like what Wijnaldum was for us.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35500 on: August 9, 2022, 10:53:35 am »
https://twitter.com/MikeWorthingUK?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1556793751930126336%7Ctwgr%5E0d64cb93bc8e1bbe93ed679a1308d20c5a706b40%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fdiscussion%2F2058184576%2Fliverpool-fc-team-talk-gossip-rumours-2022-2023%2Fp1058

First i've heard of Michael Worthing, good chance he's a spoofer, quick google search doesn't throw up any links to the Athletic, he may have added it to his twitter bio for the craic.

Nah it's a windup

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35501 on: August 9, 2022, 10:58:39 am »
I'm not sure if its relevant but I was out for a drink with Grizz Khan and David Ornstein last night, and they introduced me to a new friend called Mike Worthing. He was saying that he's heard that Julian Ward has flown out to Portugal to negotiate a deal for Matheus Nunes, around €45 million. I'm not sure how legit he is because he said he got the info from Grizz, and Grizz said Ornsy told him, and then Orno said that he heard from me and I'll be honest....I heard it from a bloke called Mike Worthing on twitter. So might just be those rascals trying to trick me.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35502 on: August 9, 2022, 11:00:41 am »
I'm not sure if its relevant but I was out for a drink with Grizz Khan and David Ornstein last night, and they introduced me to a new friend called Mike Worthing. He was saying that he's heard that Julian Ward has flown out to Portugal to negotiate a deal for Matheus Nunes, around €45 million. I'm not sure how legit he is because he said he got the info from Grizz, and Grizz said Ornsy told him, and then Orno said that he heard from me and I'll be honest....I heard it from a bloke called Mike Worthing on twitter. So might just be those rascals trying to trick me.

DN told me that Worthing doesn't have sources anymore.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35503 on: August 9, 2022, 11:03:32 am »

Only believable if you also went for food at KFC.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #35504 on: August 9, 2022, 11:12:23 am »

Grizz also claimed Forrest were trying to buy "Jizz Hornkamp"

:) what a spoofer
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35505 on: August 9, 2022, 11:20:41 am »

Well, I for one choose to believe this.

Welcome to Liverpool MN
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #35506 on: August 9, 2022, 11:22:55 am »
Grizz also claimed Forrest were trying to buy "Jizz Hornkamp"

:) what a spoofer

Is there a special task force set up to find great midfielders from Spain? a sort of...Soler panel?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #35507 on: August 9, 2022, 11:30:39 am »
Is he more expensive than Bellingham?

We may be priced out of Bellingham when it comes to it but De Jong is on more than anyone at the club. Short of signing Mbappe no new signing will come in as top earner.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35508 on: August 9, 2022, 11:32:54 am »
Keita is a good player but isnt really at our level consistently.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35509 on: August 9, 2022, 11:38:38 am »
No he is far too slow for us & very poor defensively
last thing we need is another one paced CM

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35510 on: August 9, 2022, 11:39:42 am »

He's a fraud.

Offline bazz

• Main Stander
« Reply #35511 on: August 9, 2022, 11:40:42 am »

Anything could happen with that - he goes elsewhere as can command more money or gets injured

I think it's because they see him as a 8-10 year player and a natural successor to Henderson (i.e. a permanent fixture in the future midfield and another young leader) He seems to me that they rate him that highly and are waiting to get him like Virgil. I think they seem him as a strategic target and I wouldn't be surprised if there some type of verbal agreement between him and the club to move next season after giving Dortmund another season while they adjust to losing Haaland.

That said, I think we do need another midfielder now with the strange season we have ahead of us.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #35512 on: August 9, 2022, 11:42:45 am »
Nah it's a windup

Yep and a fairly obvious one

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35513 on: August 9, 2022, 11:46:42 am »
:lmao :lmao :lmao
You can laugh but Keita has not been consistent for us at all.

Due to injuries & can get exposed at times when he has to track back

Never nailed down as a starter in the 5 years we have had him says it all

Would a top 6 club take Keita? I dont think so

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #35514 on: August 9, 2022, 11:47:09 am »

It's more than likely Klopp is the one with a Bellingham obsession  ;D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35515 on: August 9, 2022, 11:51:50 am »

He would walk into United's, Spurs' and Arsenal's midfield.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35516 on: August 9, 2022, 11:54:43 am »

Are you being serious?!

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35517 on: August 9, 2022, 11:55:08 am »

On crutches?

I jest, I jest before anyone jumps on me :D

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35518 on: August 9, 2022, 11:55:50 am »
I probably meant top 5.
Man Utd im not sure will be top 6 so forget them

He would be in contention. Walk into Arsenal & Sprs midfield im not sure. Bissouma was on the bench for Spurs

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35519 on: August 9, 2022, 11:57:46 am »
I probably meant top 5.
Man Utd im not sure will be top 6 so forget them

He would be in contention. Walk into Arsenal & Sprs midfield im not sure. Bissouma was on the bench for Spurs

Yeah he'd struggle to displace Granit Xhaka