Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3110761 times)

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #52200 on: December 31, 2022, 10:46:54 pm »
We have enough of this crap in the Keita thread without starting it in here too. They'll be gone in 6 months, get over it. I don't know why you'd think "the quicker they leave the better" when it would weaken us in a position we're already struggling in and our win percentage with Keita in the team is exceptional (best in Liverpool history last I checked).

Not sure what good you think we'd get out of the £3m saved in wages. That doesn't even get you a championship level player these days.
A guy who can’t run or shoot wouldn’t weaken our midfield options if he left…but yes,you’re right,wrong thread.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 11:16:57 pm by Big Dirk »
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52201 on: December 31, 2022, 10:51:12 pm »
Generally speaking, Liverpool fans should be supportive of Liverpool players.

Keita, lots of anticipation when he signed. He was excellent before he joined us. Since he has been here he has shown glimpses of his quality, but his fitness has let him down. I can’t kick a fella for that. And I’m OK with letting his contract expire and moving on. If he can stay fit he will help our midfield, but moving forward, we need someone more robust.

I haven’t posted on here regularly over the years, but I’m sure it has all been said on Keita. It is what it is.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52202 on: December 31, 2022, 10:52:56 pm »
Jude Bellingham's father wants the England and Borussia Dortmund midfielder to join Liverpool, with Real Madrid and Manchester City also seeking the 19-year-old's signature. (Football Insider)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #52203 on: December 31, 2022, 10:55:11 pm »
Jude Bellingham's father wants the England and Borussia Dortmund midfielder to join Liverpool, with Real Madrid and Manchester City also seeking the 19-year-old's signature. (Football Insider)
A sauce so bad that even my mother in law wouldn’t devour it…..

But it’s good news so I choose to believe it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52204 on: December 31, 2022, 10:58:22 pm »
It's a well known fact thought that the Bellingham family are splitting time between England and Germany. Remember their other kids is at Birmingham. So that's why they want Jude back home.  :D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #52205 on: December 31, 2022, 10:59:18 pm »
It's a well known fact thought that the Bellingham family are splitting time between England and Germany. Remember their other kids is at Birmingham. So that's why they want Jude back home.  :D
Fuck, he's gone to Villa...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #52206 on: December 31, 2022, 11:01:16 pm »
Generally speaking, Liverpool fans should be supportive of Liverpool players.

Keita, lots of anticipation when he signed. He was excellent before he joined us. Since he has been here he has shown glimpses of his quality, but his fitness has let him down. I can’t kick a fella for that. And I’m OK with letting his contract expire and moving on. If he can stay fit he will help our midfield, but moving forward, we need someone more robust.

I haven’t posted on here regularly over the years, but I’m sure it has all been said on Keita. It is what it is.
I have never went to a game at Anfield and abused any of our players and would never dream of doing it either but a football forum is a place were you can call a spade a spade…and for some of our fans to call Keita “great” baffles me… I would also question his mentality as it seems sometimes when he picks up a slight knock  he can’t wait to get off the pitch but then I guess all players don’t have the mentality of the likes of Suarez.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #52207 on: December 31, 2022, 11:05:15 pm »
I have never went to a game at Anfield and abused any of our players and would never dream of doing it either but a football forum is a place were you can call a spade a spade…and for some of our fans to call Keita “great” baffles me… I would also question his mentality as it seems sometimes when he picks up a slight knock  he can’t wait to get off the pitch but then I guess all players don’t have the mentality of the likes of Suarez.

Suarez never played through muscle injuries. As someone else said its been done to death. We should all be hoping he's available for the next 6 months, if nothing else it's an extra option in a position we've struggled in this season.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 11:12:05 pm by JasonF »

« Reply #52208 on: December 31, 2022, 11:08:16 pm »
Diaz - Nunez - Salah
Carvalho - Gakpo - Firmino - Jota

Thiago - Fabinho - Henderson
Arthur - AOC - Keita - Elliott
Jones - Bajcetic - Milner

Robertson - Van Dijk - Konate - TAA
Tsimikas - Matip - Phillips - Gomez - Ramsay

Alisson
Kelleher - Adrian
Understand that Thiago - Fabinho - Henderson will likely not be available for more than half of the games and playing them more than once a week will result in injuries or poor performances. Everyone other CM on this list is not good enough. The drop off in quality to the alternatives is just too much.

In contrast, the drop in quality of our alternatives Gakpo - Firmino - Jota and defensive ones Tsimikas - Matip - Gomez - Ramsay is not so much.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 11:13:36 pm by careful on these streets, I've heard stories »

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52209 on: December 31, 2022, 11:14:01 pm »

Cheers for this.

Yes, calling him great is way over the top on the praise.

I’m sure he will move on when his deal expires, and when he does, good luck to him. I remember being made up when we signed him because he was a very good player before he came here, but he hasn’t been able to stay fit and string it together.

Hopefully he makes a useful contribution between now and his departure. We all know the midfield is lacking…

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #52210 on: December 31, 2022, 11:44:25 pm »

Is it last month again already?

Back round we go...
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.