Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3122220 times)

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #46880 on: November 30, 2022, 12:14:11 pm »
So Gapko is the big link just now isn't it? Remember when we were signing Jeremy Doku? For deffo?
Lijnders vetoed that deal though.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46881 on: November 30, 2022, 12:22:24 pm »
He didn't do that on purpose though did he? The staff didn't get together and say hey lets have a terrible start to the season it'll be perfect timing just after Pep has released his book.

Oh ok, so some books are allowed and others aren't. I got it.

Exactly.  People being upset that Pep wrote a book is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard of.  The book came out before the season started so had no bearing on the start of the season. Oh, and it was written during the season that we almost won every trophy available but that's the reason why we started the season so poorly.  Some people just love to complain and look for scapegoats when things don't go as they had hoped. 

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46882 on: November 30, 2022, 12:31:36 pm »
Yep, I'm with you. I've stepped away from RAWK since the summer simply because it seems a good number just want something to fucking moan about constantly and it was doing my head in. Pop on every few days now, which is prob better given how much time I used to come on, but it's a shame it's down to moany twats.
I took a break after Paris.
Another huge fuck up by the authorities who then tried the same playbook they used after Hillsborough and there were some on here, this thread especially, as though nothing had happened.

Absolutely sickened me. There's also been an influx of some very questionable posters who seem to have been waiting for a chance to stick the boot in too since the start of the season.

If it wasn't for the core of clearly decent people on here, I'd have binned it long ago. I don't do social media much and the last thing I want or need is this place turning into Twitter lite.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46883 on: November 30, 2022, 12:38:01 pm »

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46884 on: November 30, 2022, 12:42:13 pm »
Lijnders vetoed that deal though.

Again, because he is Dutch and really tight?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #46885 on: November 30, 2022, 12:51:48 pm »
If you think RAWK's bad you should see twitter.

the fallout from that interview he did with one of the main LFC pods/youtubes was something else lol.  Every sentence dissected, completly bonkers.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46886 on: November 30, 2022, 01:06:06 pm »
Exactly.  People being upset that Pep wrote a book is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard of.  The book came out before the season started so had no bearing on the start of the season. Oh, and it was written during the season that we almost won every trophy available but that's the reason why we started the season so poorly.  Some people just love to complain and look for scapegoats when things don't go as they had hoped. 
Who are the people who said the book contributed to poor results/start to the season?

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46887 on: November 30, 2022, 01:26:25 pm »
Exactly mate.

People either have no memories, or they conveniently forget stuff, just so they have a new target for the pitchforks. So Pep has become the new scapegoat for all our problems for some of our fans, but they forget that one of the main reasons our beloved manager extended his contract is.... Pep!

Those slating him for being smug, being full of himself should just go and listen to Kloppo himself calling Pep the energizer and one of the reasons he chose to stay. But I guess that would leave them with no targets for their absurd, incomprehensible criticism so they either don't want to listen, or they choose to forget, so they can fill their boots shouting and blaming their scapegoat for anything and everything based on nothing but pure conjecture they have created in their angry heads.

You are right but part of it is on him. I don't remember any assistant coach who has given the media as much content as him indirectly. Even when we argue about our transfers strategy here we bring up Lijnders quotes.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46888 on: November 30, 2022, 01:31:01 pm »
You are right but part of it is on him. I don't remember any assistant coach who has given the media as much content as him indirectly. Even when we argue about our transfers strategy here we bring up Lijnders quotes.

That's down to Klopp. He's quite clearly trying to build up Lijnders in all aspects of management, and that includes media stuff. It's why Pep does all the League Cup interviews, so he gets a flavour of press conferences and responding to questions. If Jurgen told him to tone it down with interviews and the like, then it'd happen in an instant.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46889 on: November 30, 2022, 01:42:01 pm »
To be honest I am not into all this instability, the quicker we can get back to the football and start winning games the better. All this stuff is shite.

Also dont if there are signings planned then by god have they kept it quiet, zero in terms of solid, reliable links.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46890 on: November 30, 2022, 01:52:36 pm »
Not sure about that .. don't have an opinion
But I'm not into people writing books about their amazing achievements / methods while their still doing the job - I'm sure that's very old school of me but do the job then reflect on your magnificence when its done

I agree with this.

Pep is just an assistant manager. Compared to anyone in here, he is of course a top football man. However, and it’s a big however, he is the assistant! He should not be bigging himself up, or at least if he is, I’m with you in that it rubs me up the wrong way.

Part of it could be generational, as in this day and age it seems everyone is self promoting. To counter that, I would go so far as to say the Liverpool Way is understated excellence. (That does not represent the entire Liverpool Way, but it is an important part of it. Understated excellence). 

We want excellence at all levels of the club. But we also want humility, and quiet understatement. It is for other people to judge a man, not the man himself! And also, I very much agree in the timing aspect - it is mid job! It is not the time to reflect and promote. After a slow start Pep has a heck of a lot of work on his plate to help Liverpool FC get back to being where we all expected this season.

I feel like an old fart, but there you have it!

Do your job, and do it well. Those close to you will know the score. The profile of assistant manager seems more designed for the shadows, not the spotlight.

And while I’m writing, Pep’s record as a number one is poor. He didn’t exactly set the world alight when he was in the hot seat in the Eredivisie. That’s doesn’t mean he is a bad assistant, but it does add weight to the preference that he would quietly go about his work at Liverpool. Are we not paying him enough, that he needs to write a book? How many copies does he think it will sell?

Pah!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #46891 on: November 30, 2022, 02:21:35 pm »
Who are the people who said the book contributed to poor results/start to the season?

Apparently it’s a Twitter thing I’m reading on another thread - didn’t know that when I made my comment
I’m not into the book thing as i posted but it obv has zero to do with our results .. bit mad that
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 02:23:11 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46892 on: November 30, 2022, 03:24:32 pm »
Think it's a couple of things with Lijnders. The book gets criticised because it seems like he is giving away all our secret methods and also Sam Maguire said we changed our tactics this season to the same ones he implemented at NEC which didn't suit the players we have.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46893 on: November 30, 2022, 03:25:21 pm »
Croatian defender Joško Gvardiol:

"From a young age, I watched Liverpool games with my dad and I grew up with just them. When I took football more seriously, I started following them, and I definitely want the Premier League and Liverpool move one day."[24 Sata]

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46894 on: November 30, 2022, 03:29:21 pm »
Plettenberg reckons Sven Mislintat is a candidate for the Sporting Director role. Obviously ex-Dortmund and apparently has a really strong relationship to Klopp still.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46895 on: November 30, 2022, 03:30:02 pm »
Plettenberg reckons Sven Mislintat is a candidate for the Sporting Director role. Obviously ex-Dortmund and apparently has a really strong relationship to Klopp still.

Hmm. His time at Arsenal was more of a mess.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46896 on: November 30, 2022, 03:31:39 pm »
https://twitter.com/Plettigoal/status/1597973469085724672

Excl. News #Mislintat: He is a candidate in order to replace Ward as a Sporting Director at #LFC in summer 2023! No concrete negotiations yet but he‘s open for Liverpool. Relation to Klopp still brilliant. They have worked together in Dortmund (08-15). [@Sky_Marc- @SkySportDE]

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #46897 on: November 30, 2022, 03:35:11 pm »

be a bit of a weird one that.

He was a scout when Klopp was at Dortmund mind.

But he did leave his role at Stuttgart today......

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46898 on: November 30, 2022, 03:35:30 pm »
https://twitter.com/Plettigoal/status/1597973469085724672
Do you forage the internet looking for LFC related rumours? You’re a credit to this transfer thread, Samuel.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46899 on: November 30, 2022, 03:44:39 pm »

We're finished if that's true, my God. His record is awful. Look at his time at Arsenal.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46900 on: November 30, 2022, 03:47:18 pm »
You sound like a twitter dickhead fan.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #46901 on: November 30, 2022, 03:49:50 pm »
You sound like a twitter dickhead fan.

Aren't you constantly posting links from Twitter?

Checkmate.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46902 on: November 30, 2022, 03:51:02 pm »
Dont think a single fan at Arsenal has anything good to say about his time at Arsenal. They signed some awful players under his time but you have to question how much he was involved with that.

That said there is nothing saying we want him. We also have time so doubt we need to rush into anything.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 03:52:39 pm by killer-heels »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46903 on: November 30, 2022, 03:51:22 pm »

Checkmate.

I don't say things like " club is finished" over things like a rumour.  :D

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46904 on: November 30, 2022, 03:53:41 pm »
We're finished if that's true, my God. His record is awful. Look at his time at Arsenal.

;D Absolutely relentless, every year and window, it's almost impressive!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #46905 on: November 30, 2022, 03:57:34 pm »
Dont think a single fan at Arsenal has anything good to say about his time at Arsenal. They signed some awful players under his time but you have to question how much he was involved with that.

That said there is nothing saying we want him. We also have time so doubt we need to rush into anything.

Which ones?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46906 on: November 30, 2022, 04:01:44 pm »
I've no idea what he's like really but his Arsenal time is a pretty tiny sample size given he was only there just over a year and were a mess with Gazidis going and that Raul fella being there and put in a similar position. Also worth remembering quite a few of them flops were absolutely idolised by loads on here at the time, Torreria especially and Leno (and the keeper Koln had )were seen as goalkeeping gods by plenty. That said hopefilly whoever it is is appointed on merit and not because he's Jurgen's mate.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46907 on: November 30, 2022, 04:03:52 pm »

Their wider footballing structure was a mess though. We laud Edwards, but it wasn't until we'd sorted the structure that he was able to excel. Obviously I've no idea how well Mislintat would do here, but you need to take the chaos of Arsenal at the time into context.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #46908 on: November 30, 2022, 04:05:51 pm »

Ah well, fun while it lasted

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #46909 on: November 30, 2022, 04:07:02 pm »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #46910 on: November 30, 2022, 04:12:44 pm »

Checkmate.

He doesn’t need to check. He knows he does.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #46911 on: November 30, 2022, 04:19:34 pm »
He doesn’t need to check. He knows he does.

How often have you used that one on here?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #46912 on: November 30, 2022, 04:26:22 pm »
How often have you used that one on here?

I try and steer clear of the chess threads so honestly could by the first time!

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46913 on: November 30, 2022, 04:30:01 pm »
Letting our recruitment team break up, the manager getting more say and potentially hiring a sporting director because he gets on well with the manager seems pretty unideal. Guess Klopp is the only manager you'd probably want to do that for though

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46914 on: November 30, 2022, 04:31:25 pm »
He left Stuttgart because he wasn't getting control.   :D

https://twitter.com/RaeComm/status/1597927399110287360

Kicker reporting Sven Mislintat rejected Stuttgart‘s offer of a new contract due to the lack of a clause from the previous deal which granted him the final say in sporting matters. That was reportedly the breaking point.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #46915 on: November 30, 2022, 04:36:21 pm »
If he does join us, I hope he only recommends players who have 5 or less for their Injury Proneness stat on Football Manager.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46916 on: November 30, 2022, 04:38:04 pm »
Letting our recruitment team break up, the manager getting more say and potentially hiring a sporting director because he gets on well with the manager seems pretty unideal. Guess Klopp is the only manager you'd probably want to do that for though

We haven't 'let' it break up have we? Edwards decided to leave and now Ward is deciding to leave.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46917 on: November 30, 2022, 04:42:16 pm »
Which ones?

Mkhitaryan, Sokratis, Guendouzi, Leno, Aubameyang are the ones i know of.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46918 on: November 30, 2022, 04:44:07 pm »
Mkhitaryan, Sokratis, Guendouzi, Leno, Aubameyang are the ones i know of.

Awful..?

Aubameyang was an absolute beast for them.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46919 on: November 30, 2022, 04:45:40 pm »
Awful..?

Aubameyang was an absolute beast for them.

Yeah fair he was a success. The rest, pretty average.