Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3122369 times)

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #46800 on: November 29, 2022, 05:10:46 pm »
Are these the same stats nerds that recommended Eto'o or Balotelli when the Sanchez deal didn't happen?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46801 on: November 29, 2022, 05:11:23 pm »
Liverpool are ready to begin transfer talks with Cody Gakpo’s representatives once he’s finished with the Dutch at the World Cup, with the PSV winger set to cost in the region of €50m. [@VI_nl]

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46802 on: November 29, 2022, 05:27:58 pm »
Are these the same stats nerds that recommended Eto'o or Balotelli when the Sanchez deal didn't happen?

The facts are a little less clear on that lot... but out of the players linked since Edwards got the Directorship - mixed bag?

Eder Militao - decent
Thomas Lemar - hmmm
Ryan Sessegnon - hmmm
Ben Chilwell - decent
Alex Texeira - hmmm

And so forth.

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #46803 on: November 29, 2022, 05:31:15 pm »
Gakpo makes no sense for us, we already have a powerful centre forward in Nunez and we really don't need another right-footed forward to play on the left with Diaz, Jota and Nunez all knocking about.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #46804 on: November 29, 2022, 05:35:18 pm »
Gvardiol
Caicedo
Bellingham
Kudus

And thats us set for the next 10 years ;)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #46805 on: November 29, 2022, 05:40:14 pm »
Sooooooo annoying: every player we are linked with keeps scoring at the World Cup.

Even Frenkie De Jong.

Enough already!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline TobyLFC

• or not Toby LFC, that is the question
  • Kopite
  • Golf is amazing!
« Reply #46806 on: November 29, 2022, 05:58:13 pm »
The facts are a little less clear on that lot... but out of the players linked since Edwards got the Directorship - mixed bag?

Eder Militao - decent
Thomas Lemar - hmmm
Ryan Sessegnon - hmmm
Ben Chilwell - decent
Alex Texeira - hmmm

And so forth.

The curious thing is how they would have turned out under the guidance of Klopp and our training staff, dare I say better than where  they are now.
it comes down to reality, and it's fine with me cause I've let it slide...

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46807 on: November 29, 2022, 06:00:02 pm »
Gakpo makes no sense for us, we already have a powerful centre forward in Nunez and we really don't need another right-footed forward to play on the left with Diaz, Jota and Nunez all knocking about.
But Pep wants him and what Pep wants, Pep gets.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #46808 on: November 29, 2022, 06:12:11 pm »
What Pep wants Pep gets God help us all
What Pep wants Pep gets
FA in the corner looked at the beast
But turned around to the World Cup in Qatar
The FA said
Pep wants Haaland
Pep wants bung
Pep wants Gakpo
Shady money in the bank
What Pep wants Pep gets
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline TobyLFC

• or not Toby LFC, that is the question
  • Kopite
  • Golf is amazing!
« Reply #46809 on: November 29, 2022, 06:12:53 pm »
Except a certain dutch captain ;)
it comes down to reality, and it's fine with me cause I've let it slide...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #46810 on: November 29, 2022, 06:31:47 pm »
The curious thing is how they would have turned out under the guidance of Klopp and our training staff, dare I say better than where  they are now.

thats the thing isn’t it, it’s hard to dismiss targets, but we have no idea how they’d have turned out.   

And in the same way - some of the players who signed for Klopp - how would they have done eleswhere. We may have been watching the likes of Robbo, Joel, Gini, even someone like Sadio career’s develop eleswhere and wonder why on earth we had targetted them.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46811 on: November 29, 2022, 06:33:13 pm »
Please no laughing RAWK.  :D

Ajax midfielder Mohammed Kudus (22) has been closely watched by those in power at Anfield throughout the World Cup ahead of a potential approach in the new year, and will battle it out with Everton next month for his signature. [@Telegraaf]

Offline RedSetGo

• Anny Roader
  • The Lord Jesus Saves. "LFC 2018-20" 2.0 incoming
« Reply #46812 on: November 29, 2022, 06:36:07 pm »
 @LFCTransferRoom

"@VI_nl: LIVERPOOL set to hold talks with Cody Gakpo agents soon! Fee of £43M being discussed for PSV to let go of the forward"

If I am not mistaken, Gakpo is playing from right-forward areas for the Dutch this WC? He's been effective as a left-wing forward for PSV, and he sometimes plays through the middle for them too?

So, another versatile forward being linked to us.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #46813 on: November 29, 2022, 06:38:06 pm »
Well, what I'd say here is that there are people who know people and that it's not wholly unsubstantiated. The question is surely whether it's a problem though isn't it? That's where it falls down for me. We had the same people running the show in different circumstances and it didn't work, which maybe highlights it was a bit of a miracle that it did work so well for a spell. But even then there was luck - we dodged several bullets that get ignored in the analysis. Alex Texeiras and Thomas Lemars for big fees. I think what's maybe true is that we've built a set of really useful tools and processes, but that the manager now has to find another way to make it work for him. But he's a genius isn't he?

It’s always good to read your insights Roy, particularly as you clearly know stuff most of us don’t.

So throw us a bone - given everything that’s enabled every football hack to have a field day speculating on January, what are your ‘thoughts’ about midfield reinforcements after Christmas?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #46814 on: November 29, 2022, 06:57:26 pm »
Please no laughing RAWK.  :D

Oh well, the dream was nice while it lasted.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46815 on: November 29, 2022, 07:11:00 pm »
It’s always good to read your insights Roy, particularly as you clearly know stuff most of us don’t.

So throw us a bone - given everything that’s enabled every football hack to have a field day speculating on January, what are your ‘thoughts’ about midfield reinforcements after Christmas?

I don't know anything mate (and likewise as you know!) - I just had a dig via Dan and joined dots based on things Andy Heaton and Neil Jones said (or said and wrote in Neil Jones's case).

For me Josh Williams on the Echo's Analysing Anfield podcast has it right. If you plugged in two semi defensive-minded midfielders with the right amount of brains and legs, we guarantee a top 4 finish comfortably and probably win something. We're so good everywhere else we don't need whistles and bells - the problem is legs and availability and the ability to fill a space and close a man down when we lose the ball.

If we'd signed Tchouameni the season would look a lot different, but boy did we not sign a backup eh? It stands out like a sore thumb.

What do you reckon?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #46816 on: November 29, 2022, 08:12:19 pm »
I don't know anything mate (and likewise as you know!) - I just had a dig via Dan and joined dots based on things Andy Heaton and Neil Jones said (or said and wrote in Neil Jones's case).

For me Josh Williams on the Echo's Analysing Anfield podcast has it right. If you plugged in two semi defensive-minded midfielders with the right amount of brains and legs, we guarantee a top 4 finish comfortably and probably win something. We're so good everywhere else we don't need whistles and bells - the problem is legs and availability and the ability to fill a space and close a man down when we lose the ball.

If we'd signed Tchouameni the season would look a lot different, but boy did we not sign a backup eh? It stands out like a sore thumb.

What do you reckon?

Thanks for the reply, Roy. What do I reckon? Well, it was almost inevitable that an injury glut - similar to the recent centrebacks one - would, as is the case with Sod’s Law, strike when an ageing and increasingly unathletic midfield wasn’t safeguarded with new legs, but perhaps more tellingly, against Sod.

Nobody’s perfect, and our recruitment team has a remarkably good overall record of success with their principle of ‘waiting for the right player’. And hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Keita, Ox and Jones have had too little playing time due to injury, and the consequent load carried by the remaining midfielders has impacted their fitness and form.

I haven’t a clue whether realistic yet viable (as in ready, and capable of fitting in and firing from the off) targets are actually available and prepared to pitch up. I also have no idea what the situation is regarding funding, seeing as the club is on the market.

So in summary, it would be no surprise if the long-injured players, being fresh and hopefully champing at the bit, are utilised until the season’s close, with more ‘long term’ targets recruited in the summer - when the result of the ownership saga might be clearer. (whether Keita figures in any of this is moot, there’s something odd there).
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46817 on: November 29, 2022, 08:29:40 pm »
Yeah that could be what happens I guess. I think I'd blow a gasket, mind...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46818 on: November 29, 2022, 08:47:14 pm »
I think its entirely realistic that we don't sign a player in January. If the season had continued then we undoubtably would have suffered more injuries (whilst getting some back) and then it would have been acted upon.

However, with a long break and the chance to get some training time, I wouldn't be putting money on us signing anyone. Of course, it would be a mad decision not to, but then our transfer decisions have been mad for a while. So maybe some of the current transfer team fucking off isn't a bad thing.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46819 on: November 29, 2022, 08:55:14 pm »
Hopefully some links ramp up over the coming weeks, need that buzz!! Be funny (not) if we signed an attacker and totally ignored central midfield again  ;D

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46820 on: November 29, 2022, 09:00:38 pm »
Gakpo or Kudus? If we can get one, who you taking?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46821 on: November 29, 2022, 09:05:44 pm »
Kudus looks like he can play in attack and midfield.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46822 on: November 29, 2022, 09:06:03 pm »
Gakpo or Kudus? If we can get one, who you taking?

A(ny) midfielder

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #46823 on: November 29, 2022, 09:19:59 pm »
We need to sign Jude Bellingham. I don’t know how but we must.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46824 on: November 29, 2022, 09:37:34 pm »
Did the RAWK body language experts notice anything in the Hendo Bellingham partnership that we can cling on to?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #46825 on: November 29, 2022, 09:40:12 pm »
Hopefully some links ramp up over the coming weeks, need that buzz!! Be funny (not) if we signed an attacker and totally ignored central midfield again  ;D

And not surprising either. ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #46826 on: November 29, 2022, 09:44:50 pm »
Well, what I'd say here is that there are people who know people and that it's not wholly unsubstantiated. The question is surely whether it's a problem though isn't it? That's where it falls down for me. We had the same people running the show in different circumstances and it didn't work, which maybe highlights it was a bit of a miracle that it did work so well for a spell. But even then there was luck - we dodged several bullets that get ignored in the analysis. Alex Texeiras and Thomas Lemars for big fees. I think what's maybe true is that we've built a set of really useful tools and processes, but that the manager now has to find another way to make it work for him. But he's a genius isn't he?

I think where Dan misses the point is that it's not about one part of the operation being more dominant than the other but about it working harmoniously. Rodgers truly failed because of that and he seemingly has never learned that lesson since if the Celtic and Leicester rumors are to be believed. Ultimately that will be his downfall at Leicester as well once they can afford it.

If Ljinders is ruffling feathers so badly that people are actually quitting then I think that speaks beyond who's right about transfers but about the actual workplace environment being toxic. Doubly so in that if FSG via Gordon have checked out then there is no one in place to stop it except by whatever the version of HR there is in the UK which can be iffy at best. If that is actually the case then I have no faith the club will stay at this level for any further length of time and actually would expect things to get worse as nobody wants to work in those circumstances.

For me this would somewhat play into my thoughts that this season started or has continued with there being some internal issues as at times the work rate of the players has looked way off. If Ljinders is driving the football operations staff to quit then what is he doing to the players? There's been times where Trent especially just looked as if he couldn't care. Would be interested if there is any post-Pep interviews from the players at NEC.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46827 on: November 29, 2022, 10:03:36 pm »
Klopp values team spirit above everything though. If Lijnders was causing people to quit or players to check out, there's not a chance that Klopp wouldn't know and wouldn't act.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #46828 on: November 29, 2022, 10:03:49 pm »
I think where Dan misses the point is that it's not about one part of the operation being more dominant than the other but about it working harmoniously. Rodgers truly failed because of that and he seemingly has never learned that lesson since if the Celtic and Leicester rumors are to be believed. Ultimately that will be his downfall at Leicester as well once they can afford it.

If Ljinders is ruffling feathers so badly that people are actually quitting then I think that speaks beyond who's right about transfers but about the actual workplace environment being toxic. Doubly so in that if FSG via Gordon have checked out then there is no one in place to stop it except by whatever the version of HR there is in the UK which can be iffy at best. If that is actually the case then I have no faith the club will stay at this level for any further length of time and actually would expect things to get worse as nobody wants to work in those circumstances.

For me this would somewhat play into my thoughts that this season started or has continued with there being some internal issues as at times the work rate of the players has looked way off. If Ljinders is driving the football operations staff to quit then what is he doing to the players? There's been times where Trent especially just looked as if he couldn't care. Would be interested if there is any post-Pep interviews from the players at NEC.

Blimey. That’s some collection of assertions/assumptions/conjecture - with no apparent hard facts. And on what basis is the idea that (compared, presumably with good ole USA) HR in the U.K. can be iffy at best?

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #46829 on: November 29, 2022, 10:07:10 pm »
Blimey. That’s some collection of assertions/assumptions/conjecture - with no apparent hard facts. And on what basis is the idea that (compared, presumably with good ole USA) HR in the U.K. can be iffy at best?

We'll see how it plays out. The rumors though are that Ward, Graham, Spearman and most of the rest of the data people are quitting though because of Ljinders.

HR in the US is there generally to protect the company, not the person. If you want to personally protect yourself you hire a lawyer, you don't go to HR or you hire the lawyer as you go to HR. Will the HR in the UK trash the company for one employees grievance?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #46830 on: November 29, 2022, 10:13:44 pm »

That if is doing so much heavy lifting it should enter the next strongman competition in it's area.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #46831 on: November 29, 2022, 10:25:02 pm »
We'll see how it plays out. The rumors though are that Ward, Graham, Spearman and most of the rest of the data people are quitting though because of Ljinders.

HR in the US is there generally to protect the company, not the person. If you want to personally protect yourself you hire a lawyer, you don't go to HR or you hire the lawyer as you go to HR. Will the HR in the UK trash the company for one employees grievance?

It's a shit rumour with no basis in reality. If you think there's any substance to it then show your findings. As (I think) Dim Glas alluded to when the rumours were first posted, you must think Jürgen is a very weak character to have all this going on and just let it happen. He'd worked with Buvač for his entire managerial career and he moved him on when there was an issue.

If I'm not mistaken you're the one who was coming up with all the Keïta fantasies too so I guess you have a wild imagination.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #46832 on: November 29, 2022, 10:27:19 pm »

Well, however it plays out, the implications your post is laden with, are not just based on your (unassigned) rumours, but extremely disrespectful of the manager.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46833 on: November 29, 2022, 10:28:50 pm »
Kudus looks like he can play in attack and midfield.

Extremely versatile. Be delighted to see us go for him, he's class. Mentioned him this season as someone we should target

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #46834 on: November 29, 2022, 10:30:43 pm »

Makes sense if Firmino doesn't stay past this season. Allows us to move Nunez and Jota in the middle

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #46835 on: November 29, 2022, 10:32:56 pm »

Our HR clowns give us more than about 10 days holiday a year. Jokers.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #46836 on: November 29, 2022, 10:34:33 pm »
That if is doing so much heavy lifting it should enter the next strongman competition in it's area.

Yes, just a whole department mass resigns for no reason. Might not be Ljinders but it's not something typical.

Well, however it plays out, the implications your post is laden with, are not just based on your (unassigned) rumours, but extremely disrespectful of the manager.

Comical. Let's just build him a golden throne and be done with it.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46837 on: November 29, 2022, 10:39:18 pm »
I don’t think any workplace led by Jurgen Klopp could ever be toxic.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #46838 on: November 29, 2022, 10:44:01 pm »
I don’t think any workplace led by Jurgen Klopp could ever be toxic.

One mans toxic is another mans utopia. I wouldn't ever say anything with such assurarence as much as we know Klopp would never countenance something that we think would be labelled as such.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46839 on: November 29, 2022, 10:50:13 pm »