Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3122157 times)

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #43320 on: October 9, 2022, 01:09:44 pm »
Yes everyone missed out on him, he'd be ideal for us

How much to get him now if he pushed for a move to a CL club- £80m? If Bellingham is too much would like us to try for him

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #43321 on: October 9, 2022, 01:11:28 pm »
Maybe he didn't pass the personality check? Why didn't any top club take a punt on such an obvious winner?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43322 on: October 9, 2022, 01:13:22 pm »
Yes everyone missed out on him, he'd be ideal for us

How much to get him now if he pushed for a move to a CL club- £80m? If Bellingham is too much would like us to try for him

No chance.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43323 on: October 9, 2022, 01:16:38 pm »
Has anyone seen much of Enzo Le Fee? Purely fbrefing here but looks a defensive monster and ball carrier. Only 22 as well.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43324 on: October 9, 2022, 01:30:39 pm »
Maybe he didn't pass the personality check? Why didn't any top club take a punt on such an obvious winner?

This. There can be other reasons not to sign a player

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43325 on: October 9, 2022, 01:31:22 pm »
Has anyone seen much of Enzo Le Fee? Purely fbrefing here but looks a defensive monster and ball carrier. Only 22 as well.

Heard we were interested but le fee was too high

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43326 on: October 9, 2022, 01:41:48 pm »
Enjoyed the trip down memory lane but let’s look ahead to January

Midfield is clearly the first priority, who is available and a fit for our system?

Berge
Bellingham
Barella
Caicedo
Kone
Fernandez
Laimer
Neuhaus
Ramsey
Rice
Ruiz
Sangare
Tielemens

Of those which players are the best system fit, age profile and gettable?

personally think 2 out of Kone / Sangare / Caicedo are the types we should be going after

This is a genuine question for people who may watch and know, but is Kone and Caicedo and Ramsey good enough now for what we want right now.

I don't watch a lot of Brighton or Monchengladbach or Aston Villa so I genuinely do not know, but these are two players who are 21 and 20 respectively - are they just good prospects or can they start right now.

We have got midfielders who are 21 and under in and around the squad; are these players significantly better and good enough to play regularly as starters, or are they just new names who we have been linked with - because if they are good midfield prospects rather than special young talent who will start, then I would rather work with the prospects we have got and get someone with more experience and quality now.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43327 on: October 9, 2022, 01:46:50 pm »
This is a genuine question for people who may watch and know, but is Kone and Caicedo and Ramsey good enough now for what we want right now.

I don't watch a lot of Brighton or Monchengladbach or Aston Villa so I genuinely do not know, but these are two players who are 21 and 20 respectively - are they just good prospects or can they start right now.

We have got midfielders who are 21 and under in and around the squad; are these players significantly better and good enough to play regularly as starters, or are they just new names who we have been linked with - because if they are good midfield prospects rather than special young talent who will start, then I would rather work with the prospects we have got and get someone with more experience and quality now.

Thing is who is around the 22-26 category in terms of midfielders we could go for that have proven their ability? The only obvious ones are the likes of Barella and everything I have read about it has confirmed its a no go.

Also, I am not really into waiting now for the right player. We need midfielders in now that we can rely on.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43328 on: October 9, 2022, 01:52:17 pm »
Thing is who is around the 22-26 category in terms of midfielders we could go for that have proven their ability? The only obvious ones are the likes of Barella and everything I have read about it has confirmed its a no go.

Also, I am not really into waiting now for the right player. We need midfielders in now that we can rely on.

That's kinda my point - are these players we can rely on now or are they just going to be more prospects who we have to wait to develop

And this isn't knocking them, I genuinely don't know if they are right or not but is there much point getting a 20 year old were we say "They are going to be an important player in 2 years" when we need them now

All I know with Kone and Caicedo at least is it seems no one mentioned them at all in any manner until we are linked, and now they are important players to buy for our midfield - are they that good or is it just because we are linked.

There should be plenty of players we can get in the 23-27 bracket who suit what we need in some way who are good enough for our minimum expectations- so unless they are absolutely special players who fit in to a top 4 aspiring side minimum right away, are these young players worth it? Because in my view it's not much point for us right now to get young players who are for the future when we need immediate change in midfield.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2022, 01:54:10 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43329 on: October 9, 2022, 01:54:28 pm »
That's kinda my point - are these players we can rely on now or are they just going to be more prospects who we have to wait to develop

And this isn't knocking them, I genuinely don't know if they are right or not but is there much point getting a 20 year old were we say "They are going to be an important player in 2 years" when we need them now

All I know with Kone and Caicedo at least is it seems no one mentioned them at all in any manner until we are linked, and now they are important players to buy for our midfield - are they that good or is it just because we are linked.

There should be plenty of players we can get in the 23-27 bracket who suit what we need in some way - unless they are absolutely special players who fit in to a top 4 aspiring side minimum right away, are these young players worth it?

Is it ages or the sorts of players we need. Elliott for example has put up great numbers, but is he what we need in midfield? I know fuck all about Kone but Caicedo looks to have lots of energy, box to box and combative. All qualities we lack.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43330 on: October 9, 2022, 02:02:48 pm »
Is it ages or the sorts of players we need. Elliott for example has put up great numbers, but is he what we need in midfield? I know fuck all about Kone but Caicedo looks to have lots of energy, box to box and combative. All qualities we lack.

Caicedo is the one I think looks the most complete from the limited amount I have seen of him, yes I agree. But again what I have seen of him is limited, hence why I am asking, are they ready now? Or will they still be finding their feet somewhat in which case I would rather go for someone unspectacular but consistent.

I can see Laimer on the list for example who appears to be a box to box midfielder, quite unremarkable but does that role consistently - would he be better than a Caicedo for example?

Sad reality is we no longer have the luxury of time, or the money for top top players, so we either have to find diamonds right away or we need to go with people who can fulfill roles to a good level now to balance out the team - a Gini type player if you will

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43331 on: October 9, 2022, 03:49:50 pm »

Pepe Le Pew's erstwhile cousin

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43332 on: October 9, 2022, 05:23:04 pm »

There should be plenty of players we can get in the 23-27 bracket who suit what we need in some way who are good enough for our minimum expectations- so unless they are absolutely special players who fit in to a top 4 aspiring side minimum right away, are these young players worth it? Because in my view it's not much point for us right now to get young players who are for the future when we need immediate change in midfield.

The players i’ve suggested all have a few seasons experience playing in the main established leagues, Kone and Caicedo both have great physical presence and technical capability, they are ahead of Jones and Elliott in their developement and suitability for our system and what we are missing

i don’t know who else the ready made replacements are to be honest

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43333 on: October 9, 2022, 06:37:28 pm »
I hope Kloppo realises BIG changes are needed over the next two windows. We thank the players for the pat 5 years of greatness but we have to evolve and move on.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #43334 on: October 9, 2022, 06:43:02 pm »
Hello darkness my old friend, I've come to read this thread again ...
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43335 on: October 9, 2022, 06:43:53 pm »
There's absolutely no excuses for not doing good business in the coming window, we even have a nice break so people at the club have even more time to get stuff sorted. Don't wanna hear we have too many players either, put some in the stands for 6 months if need be, we only have to carry the extra wages for a few months then they leave anyway.

Next two windows are potentially the two biggest we'll have in the next half a decade, we either sort the problems or suffer for years. Hopefully the manager is backed.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43336 on: October 9, 2022, 06:45:51 pm »
I hope Kloppo realises BIG changes are needed over the next two windows. We thank the players for the pat 5 years of greatness but we have to evolve and move on.

To be fair we've had quite a high success rate the last few seasons. Perhaps the team we had overachieved, but it did work. Think he knows we have to start fresh, but I think we needed to take some chances in the market instead of constantly waiting for the 'right' player. I think he's even said this during the summer.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #43337 on: October 9, 2022, 06:53:18 pm »
There's absolutely no excuses for not doing good business in the coming window, we even have a nice break so people at the club have even more time to get stuff sorted. Don't wanna hear we have too many players either, put some in the stands for 6 months if need be, we only have to carry the extra wages for a few months then they leave anyway.

Next two windows are potentially the two biggest we'll have in the next half a decade, we either sort the problems or suffer for years. Hopefully the manager is backed.

This is often said but I think you're right.

We have to make an effort to not only improve on this shite but get back to a world class level ASAP - set Klopp up well for his final three years under contract.

It can't be waiting for players in the next window or the window after that. We have to get a number of top quality players in as soon as it's possible. Get a couple in this January and add on it in the summer.

The next couple of years are massive for the owners and they have to do the right thing in backing him. Punt your fucking centre fielder for the red sox and get us a midfielder ASAP. In fact, just send him over I doubt it could get much fucking worse at the minute
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43338 on: October 9, 2022, 06:54:56 pm »
We are not signing anyone in January.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43339 on: October 9, 2022, 06:56:02 pm »
We need energy and athleticism injecting into the team, without it we are being overrun consistently

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43340 on: October 9, 2022, 06:59:57 pm »

Very, very realistic. The usual lines will be fed to journos.

They’re bollox of course, only had to see last Jan players like Diaz and Guimaraes (sighs) transferring.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43341 on: October 9, 2022, 07:06:41 pm »
This is often said but I think you're right.

We have to make an effort to not only improve on this shite but get back to a world class level ASAP - set Klopp up well for his final three years under contract.

It can't be waiting for players in the next window or the window after that. We have to get a number of top quality players in as soon as it's possible. Get a couple in this January and add on it in the summer.

The next couple of years are massive for the owners and they have to do the right thing in backing him. Punt your fucking centre fielder for the red sox and get us a midfielder ASAP. In fact, just send him over I doubt it could get much fucking worse at the minute

Yep, there will be plenty of other stuff to do in future years sorting replacements for Mo, Matip, Virgil, maybe Robbo, you'd assume Thiago is off in 2024 etc etc, you really don't want problems we've failed to sort now piled on top of it otherwise it's nearly impossible. Can be comfortably handled if we start doing some good work now though, some good signs with what we've done with Ibou, Diaz, Darwin etc, hopefully that continues.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43342 on: October 9, 2022, 07:39:11 pm »

I don't see where the money will come from

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43343 on: October 9, 2022, 07:47:20 pm »

Yeah that's the worry, just gotta hope they are willing to have a crazy couple of windows for once, Utd and Arsenal can keep doing it despite hardly ever having CL, would be nice if we joined the club. And if we do good work in January we'll still be able to get top 4 anyway.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43344 on: October 9, 2022, 07:55:36 pm »
Super League has never been off the table and technically all the clubs including our good selves are still in there.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43345 on: October 9, 2022, 08:12:06 pm »

yep - we have no sellable assets this summer unless we sell Mo or VVD - which we may need to do.

another 20m net spend summer when we need 4 stud midfielders is a HUGE ask.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #43346 on: October 9, 2022, 08:14:20 pm »
Klopp is too loyal, FSG are too tight. Can we meet somewhere in the middle?

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43347 on: October 9, 2022, 08:20:52 pm »

If there isn't a midfielder - frankly any fucking midfielder who possesses two legs and can actually run - through the door on the first of January, then it is a dereliction of duty for all involved.

I mean I don't see FSG having the appetite to spend the required money to make this team actually competitive again, but we need to at the very least try to arrest the slide urgently.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43348 on: October 9, 2022, 08:20:54 pm »
Internet terrorists assemble?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43349 on: October 9, 2022, 08:24:15 pm »
yep - we have no sellable assets this summer unless we sell Mo or VVD - which we may need to do.

another 20m net spend summer when we need 4 stud midfielders is a HUGE ask.

We earn about £150m more than when we sold Coutinho, the money is there but we have made decisions to spend it not on transfer fees (wages & infrastructure). We need to slash the wage bill this summer of non-contributing players to invest and the capital investments are ending

We need to get 3 or 4 in minimum over the next 2 windows

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43350 on: October 9, 2022, 08:27:54 pm »

This is why you have a sporting director, they’re supposed to plan ahead strategically, makes you wonder if Edwards saw what was coming and thought better of it

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43351 on: October 9, 2022, 08:29:51 pm »

we’d have to sell a few that we can make good fees from, we’re absolutely not going to see FSG spend £250M to rebuild the side unless we sell £230M

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43352 on: October 9, 2022, 08:30:36 pm »
Internet terrorists assemble?

FSG fanboys hibernate?

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43353 on: October 9, 2022, 08:30:47 pm »
This is why you have a sporting director, they’re supposed to plan ahead strategically, makes you wonder if Edwards saw what was coming and thought better of it
Edwards saw it coming and so gave our older players long new contracts and then left? Should hae confiscated his laptop sooner.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43354 on: October 9, 2022, 08:34:26 pm »

Edwards was att he club for a decade though. You can;t fault him for wanting to leave/take a break then try something new.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #43355 on: October 9, 2022, 08:35:55 pm »
Honestly why even reply…? He was literally suggesting Trent was faking injury earlier.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43356 on: October 9, 2022, 09:22:45 pm »
Honestly why even reply…? He was literally suggesting Trent was faking injury earlier.

I thought to myself, 'you know what, i'll just check this because Lobo's reading comprehension isn't the best', and what do you know, there is literally no need to read into his post what you've read into it. In fact you're having to read it extremely uncharitably to interpret it that way. And yet here you are, in another thread, telling other posters to ignore him because of something he's said in a different thread which needn't mean anything close to what you're saying it means. It's pretty standard fare from you but it's just toxic and unpleasant.

The posts in question. Asam obviously if you were saying what Lobo says, you're a tool.

Been subbed because of an injury. He 's not coming off when we;re chasing a game.
quite a convenient excuse timing wise no
« Last Edit: October 9, 2022, 09:27:41 pm by Knight »

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #43357 on: October 9, 2022, 09:24:38 pm »
Never understood the Klopp is too loyal. He’s one of the world’s best managers, which means he loves winning. Winning means evolving and spending when necessary and Jurgen knows that.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43358 on: October 9, 2022, 09:28:56 pm »
Never understood the Klopp is too loyal. He’s one of the world’s best managers, which means he loves winning. Winning means evolving and spending when necessary and Jurgen knows that.

That’s true but the counter point I would make is that Klopp wanted to give new contracts to Wijnaldum, Mane etc. Just keep him away from Firmino’s contract

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #43359 on: October 9, 2022, 09:32:44 pm »
That’s true but the counter point I would make is that Klopp wanted to give new contracts to Wijnaldum, Mane etc. Just keep him away from Firmino’s contract
Fair point. I don’t mind having experienced players around the squad but there needs to be a blend. We don’t have a single midfielder between the ages of 22 and 28. That’s insane and criminal that it’s been allowed to manifest.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored