Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3110788 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #43040 on: October 1, 2022, 05:56:03 pm »
And Samie is their king.

Shut up Fatso or I'll make you climb the stairs.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43041 on: October 1, 2022, 05:56:40 pm »
Lobo is a dickhead sure but so are you.  Everyone on Rawk is especially those who pollute the forum daily.

Maybe they need to fuck off out of the transfer forum then, wannabe low budget mods

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43042 on: October 1, 2022, 05:57:47 pm »
;D i'd never argue otherwise mate
:D
We all are that's the point. We care about the club just from slightly diffrent points of view. Except for the trolls mind you of which there are a few on here pretending they support us. x

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #43043 on: October 1, 2022, 05:57:56 pm »
Shut up Fatso or I'll make you climb the stairs.

Would be an easier task than watching highlights of the game today.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43044 on: October 1, 2022, 05:59:48 pm »
indeed. there were pitched battles about this between two camps in here over the summer, but i think this is probably established now as the consensus view based on the season so far unfortunately

Not just this summer, every summer, including 2021 and 2019. Well done on being right this time though :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43045 on: October 1, 2022, 06:00:42 pm »
:D
We all are that's the point. We care about the club just from slightly diffrent points of view. Except for the trolls mind you of which there are a few on here pretending they support us. x
yep firm agreement, well said. all on the same side

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43046 on: October 1, 2022, 06:02:33 pm »
If I was Bellingham I would be seriously wondering whether Liverpool are a good move for me right now. To an unbiased view it could be very easy to see that we’re past our best now and could need some seasons to rebuild a bit to contest. Depends what he’s looking for because it’s to win I don’t think we’re the best choice for any player over Real Madrid or Man City.

I'd guess he ends up at one pf those two.

Could easily see Silva to Barca and they sign Bellingham to replace him.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43047 on: October 1, 2022, 06:03:37 pm »
If I was Bellingham I would be seriously wondering whether Liverpool are a good move for me right now. To an unbiased view it could be very easy to see that we’re past our best now and could need some seasons to rebuild a bit to contest. Depends what he’s looking for because it’s to win I don’t think we’re the best choice for any player over Real Madrid or Man City.

He should probably realise if we sign him for £130m we won't have any money for 5 years to get a good squad round him. So yeah.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43048 on: October 1, 2022, 06:09:10 pm »
Not just this summer, every summer, including 2021 and 2019. Well done on being right this time though :P
I honestly am not following - what did I argue in 2021 and 2019? I wasn't even talking about me, by the way. It was a general 'two schools of thought' thing for a lot of the summer in here, I'm sure we can all agree. and i was barely involved.

if we're looking for times some have been right about something that concerned them, but then people have had a go at them for thinking those who run the club might not be infallible, i can think of one example. that did happen over the summer in the preseason thread. some of us were wondering if the club organising a far east tour would allow for good prep, and get us ready to fire on all cylinders for the season. ultimately klopp said the same thing at the end of preseason so hopefully some of us were absolved of the sin of being a negative poster or whatever it is

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43049 on: October 1, 2022, 06:10:30 pm »
I honestly am not following - what did I argue in 2021 and 2019? I wasn't even talking about me, by the way. It was a general 'two schools of thought' thing for a lot of the summer in here, I'm sure we can all agree. and i was barely involved.

if we're looking for times some have been right about something that concerned them, but then people have had a go at them for thinking those who run the club might not be infallible, i can think of one example. that did happen over the summer in the preseason thread. some of us were wondering if the club organising a far east tour would allow for good prep, and get us ready to fire on all cylinders for the season. ultimately klopp said the same thing at the end of preseason so hopefully some of us were absolved of the sin of being a negative poster or whatever it is

Don't worry about it, just posters feeling defensive

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43050 on: October 1, 2022, 06:16:45 pm »
We need to look at France seriously lads.

They are churning out talented midfielders out of their wazoo like nobody's business currently.  They also wouldn't be that expensive.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43051 on: October 1, 2022, 06:20:49 pm »

They are churning out talented midfielders out of their wazoo like nobody's business currently.  They also wouldn't be that expensive.
Yes please. I'm not saying this is exactly who we need, and i don't know enough about who's out there, but peak Momo Sissoko would transform some of the performances in our team, and make our intended tactics more possible (see also, young Henderson as the legs alongside a Gerrard that could mostly only jog).

Would love to have someone with his energy (or slightly less, even) in the team, our side has so much room for improvement off the ball

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43052 on: October 1, 2022, 06:26:06 pm »

France and Brazil(although we may have problems with work permits).

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43053 on: October 1, 2022, 06:26:38 pm »
Put a peak Kante RCM who would also cover for Trent. Even Wijnaldum from a few years ago and we'd be so much better.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43054 on: October 1, 2022, 06:30:35 pm »

Yeah it's a general point, not necessarily about you per se, just that virtually every summer there's been the same complaints (usually from the same people consistently moaning) that the club didn't invest enough, FSG are tightwads, Klopp's managing with one hand tied behind his back, other clubs are spending more than us and the upcoming season's going to be a struggle etc. Over the past few years, we've generally been fine, even in 2020/2021 we were top of the league at Christmas, then had no centrebacks and had a horrible 10 games before picking up again and finishing the season in title winning form.

This season, we've had an awful start and yeah, a lack of investment might be the root of it. As a result, I've seen numerous comments this season about how 'Look see, I was right two years ago about the lack of investment catching up with the team and I've been provided right' etc. Personally, I don't think there's anything good in consistently whinging about the same thing every transfer window and then being proud about it when we finally start a season badly under Klopp. Long story short, it's funny to see people getting excited about saying the same thing over and over again finally being right after years and years of being wrong.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43055 on: October 1, 2022, 06:30:49 pm »
Yes please. I'm not saying this is exactly who we need, and i don't know enough about who's out there, but peak Momo Sissoko would transform some of the performances in our team, and make our intended tactics more possible (see also, young Henderson as the legs alongside a Gerrard that could mostly only jog).

Would love to have someone with his energy (or slightly less, even) in the team, our side has so much room for improvement off the ball

Lack of data might be a gamble, but we should be doing this going forward.  Even if we signed a big name midfielder, given the age profile, it couldn't hurt to sign a younger, promising energetic midfielder as the depth piece.  We still have non-contributors in midfield on high wages, and we still haven't seen Curtis fit to get a run of games.  But going forward, it'd be ideal to bring in multiple signings.  They don't have to both be established 70 million players or something.  Tchouameni went from Bordeaux (when they were starting to have financial problems) to Monaco at age 20.  Sure, he only had 25 senior appearances, but for 5 million, if you like his potential and his physicality, you can take a punt and also bring in an experienced midfielder.  At least that gives you depth, youth, and energy.  Most Ligue 1 clubs have always been selling clubs.  I get the lack of data, but there's upside here.  For the player, maybe he wants more first-team appearances, but even young players can see their pathway here, given the age profile and complete lack of reliability from our midfielders that are supposed to be in their primes.

Unless FSG wants to shell out for multiple massive midfield names, we'll have to get creative.  France and Portugal will have some bargains, and while they come with risk, there's plenty of upside.
King Kenny.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43056 on: October 1, 2022, 06:36:32 pm »

Caqueret of Lyon or Kone of Monchengladbach are just two to name. I've not seen bar a single game of Kone but his stats tell you he's about to explode.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43057 on: October 1, 2022, 06:38:05 pm »

Fair play. One old view I can confess to was being ok with the calculated gamble of not replacing Lovren in the short term :-X

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43058 on: October 1, 2022, 06:39:54 pm »
Caqueret of Lyon or Kone of Monchengladbach are just two to name. I've not seen bar a single game of Kone but his stats tell you he's about to explode.

I was saying all summer we should buy Maxime Caqueret, I had my favourite Prince song ready as well.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43059 on: October 1, 2022, 06:46:17 pm »
I'm on the Laimer and Kone train to overhaul our midfield, we need to go back to be pressing monsters in the middle of the park, energy, drive and pressing are the hallmarks of a Klopp side, once we get back to that our defence will be a lot better.

Hopefully we can get Laimer done in January.

#HeavyMetalFootball  :)
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43060 on: October 1, 2022, 06:48:01 pm »
Lack of data might be a gamble, but we should be doing this going forward.  Even if we signed a big name midfielder, given the age profile, it couldn't hurt to sign a younger, promising energetic midfielder as the depth piece.  We still have non-contributors in midfield on high wages, and we still haven't seen Curtis fit to get a run of games.  But going forward, it'd be ideal to bring in multiple signings.  They don't have to both be established 70 million players or something.  Tchouameni went from Bordeaux (when they were starting to have financial problems) to Monaco at age 20.  Sure, he only had 25 senior appearances, but for 5 million, if you like his potential and his physicality, you can take a punt and also bring in an experienced midfielder.  At least that gives you depth, youth, and energy.  Most Ligue 1 clubs have always been selling clubs.  I get the lack of data, but there's upside here.  For the player, maybe he wants more first-team appearances, but even young players can see their pathway here, given the age profile and complete lack of reliability from our midfielders that are supposed to be in their primes.

Unless FSG wants to shell out for multiple massive midfield names, we'll have to get creative.  France and Portugal will have some bargains, and while they come with risk, there's plenty of upside.
The problem with these type of signings (your Tchouameni at Bordeaux  example) is are they going to be good enough to play and/or get enough games to develop that Klopp doesn't every to his trusted players over them. We'd need to make it clear that was going to be our recruitment strategy and have Klopp be happy with it otherwise it's just going to end up with a fair few heading out on loan

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43061 on: October 1, 2022, 06:49:23 pm »
I'm on the Laimer and Kone train to overhaul our midfield, we need to go back to be pressing monsters in the middle of the park, energy, drive and pressing are the hallmarks of a Klopp side, once we get back to that our defence will be a lot better.

Hopefully we can get Laimer done in January.

#HeavyMetalFootball  :)
Would stay well away from Laimer given how little he's played last 2 years and already injured this

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43062 on: October 1, 2022, 06:50:13 pm »

If they are advised right top young players would want to play regularly and develop. We just need to continue doing what did the past years successfully but to be honest it's becoming more difficult since we don't have players we can sell for big fees and the English clubs throwing money like crazy.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43063 on: October 1, 2022, 06:58:29 pm »
I was saying all summer we should buy Maxime Caqueret, I had my favourite Prince song ready as well.

Except the type of midfielders we sign on Deadline Day are the kind you find in a second hand store, am I right?

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43064 on: October 1, 2022, 06:58:39 pm »
The problem with these type of signings (your Tchouameni at Bordeaux  example) is are they going to be good enough to play and/or get enough games to develop that Klopp doesn't every to his trusted players over them. We'd need to make it clear that was going to be our recruitment strategy and have Klopp be happy with it otherwise it's just going to end up with a fair few heading out on loan

Normally they won't be trusted but look at the age profile and depth.  I don't typically advocate for these types of signings as we have an established winning side, but it's the depth and age profile for midfield that's the issue.  They can't be the only signings, but if we bought a senior midfielder and a young one, you'd at least have the energy and depth.  That's it.

Not saying we start signing unproven 20-year olds left and right, but there's something to it.  A player like Carvalho is of course not ready for consistent first-team football but despite his age and lack of experience, he at least is a squad option and has already contributed when our forward line wasn't available (Nunez red card and Jota injury).

It gives us options, that's all.

If they are advised right top young players would want to play regularly and develop. We just need to continue doing what did the past years successfully but to be honest it's becoming more difficult since we don't have players we can sell for big fees and the English clubs throwing money like crazy.

The cost is the issue.  Maybe we've got it lined up next summer, but if we're looking for young, talented, and also proven players, the secret is out.  We had the jump on data for players, but it's increasingly difficult to find those types of signings at a good price.

We've clearly tried, but it's certainly not easy.

The best option will be contractual situations, and that's how Real got Camavinga and Bayern got Gravenberch.  Porto's financial problems gave us a great deal on Diaz.  Maybe Laimer on a free is a start for us.

But if you're trying to sign multiple midfielders to rebuild, it's not easy to sign them at affordable prices, and beat out other teams at the same time.  So maybe one of the signings is a younger, more "risky" player.

Just some ideas.
King Kenny.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43065 on: October 1, 2022, 07:06:57 pm »
Even if you don’t….I’m not sure that’s quite as abhorrent as gloating about ‘being right’ when the team is really struggling. But let’s be real Knight, if we go back to your very first posts on RAWK we can get a good grasp on why you’re seemingly enjoying this a fair bit ;)

You can keep trying to push that, but there really weren’t. It’s actually quite bizarre to me that posters like yourself think there were many (any?) posters saying that the midfield didn’t need a big improvement in the summer and weren’t quite annoyed it didn’t happen.

Go on then, lets see my very first posts. You have a very interesting definition of gloating mind.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43066 on: October 1, 2022, 07:09:26 pm »
Except the type of midfielders we sign on Deadline Day are the kind you find in a second hand store, am I right?

;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #43067 on: October 1, 2022, 07:45:32 pm »

I have never been convinced that Bellingham wants to come here, I suspect RM will be his target. I always preferred Barella anyway.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43068 on: October 1, 2022, 07:47:57 pm »
I have never been convinced that Bellingham wants to come here, I suspect RM will be his target. I always preferred Barella anyway.

If we can’t get Bellingham, I wouldn’t fancy our chances of Barella. He wouldn’t be a pile cheaper or easier to get. His reputation in Europe is almost equal to him because he did it at the Euros.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #43069 on: October 1, 2022, 07:53:13 pm »
If we can’t get Bellingham, I wouldn’t fancy our chances of Barella. He wouldn’t be a pile cheaper or easier to get. His reputation in Europe is almost equal to him because he did it at the Euros.

I'm not saying it would be easy, but he was the one I always preferred overall. He's a wonderful player to watch.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43070 on: October 1, 2022, 08:15:39 pm »
Fair play. One old view I can confess to was being ok with the calculated gamble of not replacing Lovren in the short term :-X

Me too. I also thought we should have bought more players in the summer of 2019 but that season turned out ok. I was right about Almiron though.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #43071 on: October 1, 2022, 09:37:49 pm »
Me too. I also thought we should have bought more players in the summer of 2019 but that season turned out ok. I was right about Almiron though.

I thought I was Almiron and you were Saint Maximin? I got all muddled up with the shit Newcastle players (apart from Almiron obviously, he’s excellent)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43072 on: October 1, 2022, 09:50:23 pm »
I thought I was Almiron and you were Saint Maximin? I got all muddled up with the shit Newcastle players (apart from Almiron obviously, he’s excellent)

Nope I've always been on the Almiron train. I was saying three years ago we should have signed him and it looks like I've been proved right.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #43073 on: October 1, 2022, 10:17:48 pm »
A rebuild on a Europa or lower budget is certainly going to be interesting. Utd and Arsenal spend mind blowing amounts despite no CL football, unfortunately I don't think we'll do the same so we better get finding some bargains. And a central midfielder better be ready to sign on the day the window opens, every point could count for top 4.

The line will move from next summer will be the big one to funds will be limited due to not reaching the champions league so the following summer will be the big one. Rinse and repeat

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43074 on: October 1, 2022, 10:21:49 pm »
The line will move from next summer will be the big one to funds will be limited due to not reaching the champions league so the following summer will be the big one. Rinse and repeat

Yes during the 20/21 when things were looking dicey, those lines were being briefed to the media. Money is tight if we dont get into the CL.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43075 on: October 1, 2022, 11:00:56 pm »
Yes during the 20/21 when things were looking dicey, those lines were being briefed to the media. Money is tight if we dont get into the CL.

We'll be in trouble if that happens.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43076 on: October 2, 2022, 12:41:54 am »
We sell Ox and Keita in January if need be or summer.

Milner goes next summer.

Jones? Possibly

Hendo and Thiago and Fab all a year older.

I'm not counting Elliott and Carvalho as #8's here.

So that's 6 midfielders with us theoretically selling/letting go 4 of them.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43077 on: October 2, 2022, 01:12:53 am »
We sell Ox and Keita in January if need be or summer.

Milner goes next summer.

Jones? Possibly

Hendo and Thiago and Fab all a year older.

I'm not counting Elliott and Carvalho as #8's here.

So that's 6 midfielders with us theoretically selling/letting go 4 of them.

You can't sell ox or Keita next summer. They are out of contract.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43078 on: October 2, 2022, 01:24:09 am »
Is that what you took away from the post?  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43079 on: October 2, 2022, 06:00:36 am »
Is that what you took away from the post?  ;D

I dont know about Jones, could go either way but Klopp definitely has Elliott as an 8. I think we have no choice but to keep Jones. We need at least two midfielders. Hopefully we start the ball rolling in January.