Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3110854 times)

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #42960 on: September 29, 2022, 02:01:01 pm »
The problem is signing Bellingham when the squad was more where we wanted it could add the finishing touches and a long term Henderson/Thiago replacement. Now the midfield is a mess (in part by waiting for a player like Bellingham who may not come here anyway) as it now needs revolution rather than evolution because we've sat on our hands for years, or just reduced to spend.

Added to the fact all the super clubs want him now. And Boehly with his blank cheques.

Agreed. The only way it could make sense is if we sign maybe another player or two on a free like Laimer and MacAllister maybe? Not sure they're good enough for us to be honest, but surely better than Ox and Keita who are never available.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42961 on: September 29, 2022, 02:24:45 pm »
Agreed. The only way it could make sense is if we sign maybe another player or two on a free like Laimer and MacAllister maybe? Not sure they're good enough for us to be honest, but surely better than Ox and Keita who are never available.

We've gone big in past transfer windows and then eased up in the next window, so I wouldn't rule out Bellingham + another ~£40 million signing. The question would be whether that would be enough to then keep us ticking over for a couple of seasons.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #42962 on: September 29, 2022, 02:36:47 pm »
We've gone big in past transfer windows and then eased up in the next window, so I wouldn't rule out Bellingham + another ~£40 million signing. The question would be whether that would be enough to then keep us ticking over for a couple of seasons.

We have 4 senior midfielders out of contract who seem unlikely to renew (if Arthur did sign permanently that would also be a new signing) while 2 of out of our other main midfielders are an extra year over 30 next season and pick up injuries.

We could do with 3 in really unless we can rely more on Bajcetic/Morton and Elliott, Carvalho and Jones in which case 2 solid signings might suffice. These players are still inexperienced though.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42963 on: September 29, 2022, 03:30:36 pm »
We have 4 senior midfielders out of contract who seem unlikely to renew (if Arthur did sign permanently that would also be a new signing) while 2 of out of our other main midfielders are an extra year over 30 next season and pick up injuries.

We could do with 3 in really unless we can rely more on Bajcetic/Morton and Elliott, Carvalho and Jones in which case 2 solid signings might suffice. These players are still inexperienced though.

The four players out of contract is a bit worse on paper than in reality though; we're looking at Ox who barely played last season, Arthur who has contributed 13 minutes, Milner who was winding down in minutes until our injury crisis and Keita who has played the most of the lot but even then has missed a lot through injury.

Assuming we focus on more robust players, which we're usually pretty good at, two players could comfortably cover the minutes that those four played last season and take some of the weight off Henderson/Thiago. Five senior players for three positions, plus Curtis/Elliot/Bajcetic would be a huge improvement over last season and probably the strongest midfield we've had under Klopp (assuming quality and durability of the new players of course).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 03:38:20 pm by Schmidt »

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42964 on: September 29, 2022, 06:41:05 pm »
Interesting source, as someone who casually watches the Egyptian League, I have no doubt Adel is someone who will have a very bright future ahead of him, but not sure we'll be in for him just yet.

https://www.90min.com/posts/liverpool-interested-in-new-mohamed-salah-ibrahim-adel
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #42965 on: September 29, 2022, 06:49:12 pm »
Nice of the Echo to post articles sounding as if Bellingham is a make or break signing for Julian Ward. No pressure there buddy...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42966 on: September 29, 2022, 06:49:53 pm »
Are we sending Mo to the afterlife already?

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42967 on: September 29, 2022, 07:26:10 pm »
Are we sending Mo to the afterlife already?
Adel is not playing in Salah's position, Adel is more like a Coutinho replacement.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #42968 on: September 29, 2022, 08:00:26 pm »
Adel is not playing in Salah's position, Adel is more like a Coutinho replacement.

So he’s more rolling in the deep
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42969 on: September 29, 2022, 08:58:54 pm »
If we buy him his nickname is sorted. He'll be the "Egyptian Prince".  ;D

Offline rubber soul

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42970 on: September 29, 2022, 09:09:29 pm »
Rumour has it

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42971 on: September 29, 2022, 09:14:51 pm »

I’m relaxed about whether we sign him. Our track record of signing alternatives has been very good so if he chooses to go elsewhere it’s a case of never mind, I’ll find someone like you.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42972 on: September 29, 2022, 11:48:27 pm »

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42973 on: September 30, 2022, 02:40:12 am »

Hats off to you sir!

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #42974 on: September 30, 2022, 08:27:42 am »
The four players out of contract is a bit worse on paper than in reality though; we're looking at Ox who barely played last season, Arthur who has contributed 13 minutes, Milner who was winding down in minutes until our injury crisis and Keita who has played the most of the lot but even then has missed a lot through injury.

Assuming we focus on more robust players, which we're usually pretty good at, two players could comfortably cover the minutes that those four played last season and take some of the weight off Henderson/Thiago. Five senior players for three positions, plus Curtis/Elliot/Bajcetic would be a huge improvement over last season and probably the strongest midfield we've had under Klopp (assuming quality and durability of the new players of course).

If we can get 2 of the required quality and durability then yeah. The issue is come next season Thiago and Henderson need to be winding down more (in addition to their injury issues) and we're relying on younger players really stepping up.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #42975 on: September 30, 2022, 11:01:34 am »
Rumour has it

Coconut and a crunchy to this poster!

All hail the Egyptian Prince
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42976 on: September 30, 2022, 11:42:58 am »
RMC Journalist

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42977 on: September 30, 2022, 11:45:29 am »
Won't happen and doesn't make sense for us now

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42978 on: September 30, 2022, 11:47:05 am »
The whole thing doesn't make sense. Agreement with Chelsea, medical passed....but Liverpool are there. Doing what? Watching the medical to try and get some tips?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42979 on: September 30, 2022, 11:52:37 am »
2 lesbians probably. Sisters. Liverpool are there, just watching.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42980 on: September 30, 2022, 11:58:26 am »
Won't happen and doesn't make sense for us now

If Firmino leaves on a free?

The whole thing doesn't make sense. Agreement with Chelsea, medical passed....but Liverpool are there. Doing what? Watching the medical to try and get some tips?

You can have an agreement with more than 1 club you know

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42981 on: September 30, 2022, 12:02:14 pm »

Between a player and a club? :D How does that work then? Yes I'll join you, as long as you dont mind me also joining Liverpool....?

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42982 on: September 30, 2022, 12:04:40 pm »
Between a player and a club? :D How does that work then? Yes I'll join you, as long as you dont mind me also joining Liverpool....?

Yes?

Willian had an agreement with about 5 clubs before he signed for Chelsea.

He hasn't signed anything yet so yes you can have an agreement with more than 1 club. Summer is ages away

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42983 on: September 30, 2022, 12:09:00 pm »

Yes. Tchouaméni provisionally accepted our offer too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ActuFoot_/status/1528427900885671943
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 12:13:04 pm by MonsLibpool »

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42984 on: September 30, 2022, 12:09:19 pm »
Don't need a third choice striker. We spent big on forwards, got to trust Jota, Salah, Nunez, Carvalho, Diaz to do the job whilst spending elsewhere. If we really feel we need someone it's got to be someone to rotate with Salah, but given how little you'd expect them to play should just give Gordon and Doak minutes there.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42985 on: September 30, 2022, 12:09:48 pm »
Yes?

Willian had an agreement with about 5 clubs before he signed for Chelsea.

He hasn't signed anything yet so yes you can have an agreement with more than 1 club. Summer is ages away

I fear this goes the way of Jadon Sancho. A good 2/3 seasons talking about him joining us when there's seemingly actually no interest at all from our end, and he inevitably joins a 'rival' to much consternation because we've missed out on a player we never wanted. He plays pretty much exclusively centrally now, unless we either give up on Nunez pretty swiftly or pretty dramatically change how we play then its hard to see where he'd fit in (unless we're spending that much money on a back-up). And yeah....I mean the seemingly quite solid news is that he's had a medical and agreed terms to join Chelsea, would seem odd to go from that to joining Liverpool.

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42986 on: September 30, 2022, 12:13:27 pm »
I fear this goes the way of Jadon Sancho. A good 2/3 seasons talking about him joining us when there's seemingly actually no interest at all from our end, and he inevitably joins a 'rival' to much consternation because we've missed out on a player we never wanted. He plays pretty much exclusively centrally now, unless we either give up on Nunez pretty swiftly or pretty dramatically change how we play then its hard to see where he'd fit in (unless we're spending that much money on a back-up). And yeah....I mean the seemingly quite solid news is that he's had a medical and agreed terms to join Chelsea, would seem odd to go from that to joining Liverpool.

So you're agreeing a player can agree a deal with more than 1 club. Cool.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42987 on: September 30, 2022, 12:16:44 pm »
The weird bit would seem to be the talk of a medical, why would anyone do one of those 9 months in advance of a move?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42988 on: September 30, 2022, 12:18:13 pm »
The weird bit would seem to be the talk of a medical, why would anyone do one of those 9 months in advance of a move?

they want to be really really really sure he is healthy!

(I suppose we must have done one with Naby before announcing pre-contract?)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #42989 on: September 30, 2022, 12:21:55 pm »
they want to be really really really sure he is healthy!

(I suppose we must have done one with Naby before announcing pre-contract?)

Yeah. The bit on the medical questionaire that says "Are your legs and muscles made of biscuits?"

we tragically left out due to photocopying issues.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42990 on: September 30, 2022, 12:22:24 pm »
Don't need a third choice striker. We spent big on forwards, got to trust Jota, Salah, Nunez, Carvalho, Diaz to do the job whilst spending elsewhere. If we really feel we need someone it's got to be someone to rotate with Salah, but given how little you'd expect them to play should just give Gordon and Doak minutes there.

If Firmino goes we need another attacker.

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42991 on: September 30, 2022, 12:22:54 pm »
Yes. Tchouaméni provisionally accepted our offer too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ActuFoot_/status/1528427900885671943

Exactly. We probably aren't in for him but it's not wrong to say a player can have an agreement with more than 1 club which was my only point  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42992 on: September 30, 2022, 12:28:49 pm »
So you're agreeing a player can agree a deal with more than 1 club. Cool.

He's joining Chelsea, but yes kudos on your 'agreements' point :)

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42993 on: September 30, 2022, 12:29:47 pm »
He's joining Chelsea, but yes kudos on your 'agreements' point :)

Thanks, that was my point :)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42994 on: September 30, 2022, 12:31:50 pm »
If Firmino goes we need another attacker.
We made do with basically 3 and whatever Origi and whoever were able to offer at our best. Should be able to trust those 5 and not need a 6th choice. I mean if we had someone who could split there time between midfield and as a forward then great, but not really something we've ever really had or done, shouldn't be a priority.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42995 on: September 30, 2022, 01:26:03 pm »
We made do with basically 3 and whatever Origi and whoever were able to offer at our best. Should be able to trust those 5 and not need a 6th choice. I mean if we had someone who could split there time between midfield and as a forward then great, but not really something we've ever really had or done, shouldn't be a priority.

But we had a settled, reliable front three in them days. Do we at the moment? I would argue we are more in a stage of flux at the moment. Diaz and Nunez are not yet Bobby and Mane in 2018-20.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #42996 on: September 30, 2022, 01:36:25 pm »
But we had a settled, reliable front three in them days. Do we at the moment? I would argue we are more in a stage of flux at the moment. Diaz and Nunez are not yet Bobby and Mane in 2018-20.

I'm probably been biased but Diaz has started brilliantly this season, I think he's been very unlucky on the goal front and he's still managed 3 goals in 6 games. If he can keep that up he will do just fine replacing Mane long term. There are questions marks still surrounding Nunez but I'm confident he will be just fine, he just needs a good run of games.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42997 on: September 30, 2022, 01:51:59 pm »
Diaz and Salah are pretty much guaranteed starters and I mean we have Jota who is pretty amazing even if Nunez doesn't work out.

Diaz isn't the same player as Mane but he's about as good a replacement as we could have hoped for. Jota is different to Firmino but incredibly good in his own right.

Just don't see it as a position we need to spend in. Do we need 6 senior players as forwards? I don't think so. We've spent there, having some exciting acadmey players, commit money elsewhere and you live with it if it doesn't work.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42998 on: September 30, 2022, 01:52:43 pm »
There are different types of agreement. If a player is negotiating with multiple clubs and he agrees multiple deals, they all have an agreement in principle. A deal has been agreed, but not entered into. If the agreement is binding, then guarantees have been entered into, and there will be penalties to undo that.

Generally Liverpool fans know the score. Nothing is done until it’s done. We want to see the signing photo. We want to see the lean.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42999 on: September 30, 2022, 05:47:56 pm »
I love how this keeps popping up evrey few months.  ;D

Barcelona still owe €14M for the signing of Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool.

[@CatalunyaRadio]