Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2186983 times)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #22520 on: December 7, 2022, 09:48:50 am »
Part 1? hour long intereview? whats there to talk about? he was at everton for 2 years
10 mins to talk about Everton ("you left pretty quickly Wayne, why?" "Because Everton were crap") 1 hr 50 mins to talk about Liverpool (directly) and Liverpool (indirectly).
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #22521 on: December 7, 2022, 11:33:38 am »
Everton fans demand removal of chairman Bill Kenwright in open letter to Farhad Moshiri

Why do they insist on blaming Kenwright, he doesn't do anything does he?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #22522 on: December 7, 2022, 11:37:27 am »
Everton fans demand removal of chairman Bill Kenwright in open letter to Farhad Moshiri

Where is the Everton are crap money, Bill?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #22523 on: December 7, 2022, 12:25:51 pm »

I was under the impression that Kenwrong was little more than a club mascot these days.

The Bitters do love, and need, a scapegoat though, so I suppose in the absence of Rafa, Kenwrong will have to do.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #22524 on: December 7, 2022, 12:39:00 pm »

What does the Bullens Road wall have to say about this?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #22525 on: December 7, 2022, 03:26:00 pm »
What does the Bullens Road wall have to say about this?

It says “They are crap”.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22526 on: December 7, 2022, 03:43:27 pm »

I actually thought you were joking about the open letter until I saw it in the paper just now.

What is it with these people and their demands? They've got the manager they so rabidly campaigned for and never stop defending. They have an owner funding the stadium they have no money for themselves. I mean it's amazing they've got this far with it given that they don't even have funding in place to get it finished. The guy is pissing his money into the Red River Mersey at an alarming rate on this stadium and he's funded them to ridiculous levels for players too, which the club wasted on abject shite.

What more does this 28 Years Group actually want? They've got what they asked for. The manager, the players they insist are all better man-for-man than ours. The stadium being built. The billionaire owner making them ''fuckin' rich.'' These are their dreams come true, yet they still bitch and moan. They expect far, far too much. Football has left them behind. Even with everything they dreamed of now in place, they are still light years behind. This is what they wanted though. Just because it still leaves them in the wilderness they cannot moan and groan about it now. Only for Moshiri pissing his money into a black hole they'd have no stadium in the process of being built. No half a billion plus to waste on shite players either. They'd probably be in the Championship too.

I wonder if this is coming out now because they are all absolutely shitting it in case we get bought by an oil state? Not that most of us here want that either, but still. They know that LFC being bought by an oil state means Everton are dead in the water forever as far as rivaling LFC is concerned.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22527 on: December 7, 2022, 04:08:54 pm »
Kenwrong is the least of their problems.
The buck stops with whoever has wasted all the money they have thrown into the Mersey and on shite signings.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22528 on: December 7, 2022, 05:43:02 pm »
I actually thought you were joking about the open letter until I saw it in the paper just now.

What is it with these people and their demands?
To be fair to this group (which I think includes The Esk), they have been asking the sorts of questions that many Reds have. I think some of them are as amazed as we are that the PL accepted that last set of accounts, they're afraid that it's all going to come crashing down financially and they're concerned that those who have presided over several disastrous and expensive seasons appear untouchable. In their shoes I'd feel the same

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #22529 on: December 7, 2022, 05:50:05 pm »
To be fair to this group (which I think includes The Esk)

Do the usual caveats apply?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #22530 on: December 7, 2022, 05:53:46 pm »
Do the usual caveats apply?
;D I think he stopped caveating when he quit predicting transfers and switched to football finance.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22531 on: December 7, 2022, 06:21:28 pm »
Kenwrong is the least of their problems.
The buck stops with whoever has wasted all the money they have thrown into the Mersey and on shite signings.
That'll be ... err ... Rafa the Red shite.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22532 on: December 7, 2022, 06:23:06 pm »
To be fair to this group (which I think includes The Esk), they have been asking the sorts of questions that many Reds have. I think some of them are as amazed as we are that the PL accepted that last set of accounts, they're afraid that it's all going to come crashing down financially and they're concerned that those who have presided over several disastrous and expensive seasons appear untouchable. In their shoes I'd feel the same
How dare you ruin my fun, Rita.  ;D

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22533 on: December 7, 2022, 06:56:09 pm »

Simple, be as curious as they want and throw as many questions in an open letter that they can think of - what they should be asking is "What would Everton do?"
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #22534 on: December 7, 2022, 07:42:34 pm »
What are our blue brethren moaning about at the moment other than Kenwright?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22535 on: December 7, 2022, 07:43:54 pm »
What are our blue brethren moaning about at the moment other than Kenwright?

Moaning? They're gonna win the WC, haven't you heard?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22536 on: December 7, 2022, 07:47:59 pm »
;D I think he stopped caveating when he quit predicting transfers and switched to football finance.

He’s quite good on the finances but his transfer predictions…….oh dear. ;D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22537 on: December 7, 2022, 07:48:35 pm »
Kenwright and LFC should be the least of this lot's concerns right now. But they're not.

Lol.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22538 on: December 7, 2022, 08:05:27 pm »
Moaning? They're gonna win the WC, haven't you heard?

;D

There will be absolutely no room for that cuckoo clock in their trophy cabinet once they place the WC Trophy alongside all those other claimed trophies they've won down the years.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22539 on: December 7, 2022, 08:37:23 pm »
;D

There will be absolutely no room for that cuckoo clock in their trophy cabinet once they place the WC Trophy alongside all those other claimed trophies they've won down the years.
They also won the 'Im a Celebrity' trophy the other week.  :champ

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #22540 on: December 7, 2022, 09:04:27 pm »

Have Everton got their new auditing group in since the last one left? Haven't heard a scooby since that all went quiet.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #22541 on: December 7, 2022, 11:33:10 pm »
An open letter to the Bullens Wall is what they need.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22542 on: December 8, 2022, 05:40:32 am »
He’s quite good on the finances but his transfer predictions…….oh dear. ;D

Realistically, the former is much easier, you just have to be able to recognise that they are fucked, whereas with transfers you actually have to predict based on far more variables such as how idiotic their current manager and owner are, what agents can blag well enough to interest them etc.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22543 on: December 8, 2022, 11:05:42 am »
They also won the 'Im a Celebrity' trophy the other week.  :champ

They're going to need a bigger trophy cabinet.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #22544 on: December 9, 2022, 09:32:43 am »
Ahhhhhhhh ok, apparently Moshiri is a non football owner, has done nothing wrong at all in his time there, interferes with nothing and just pumps in the bazillions, apparently every other fuck up, from manager appointments to medical team to buying wrong players has been Kenwright.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22545 on: December 9, 2022, 05:39:06 pm »
Ahhhhhhhh ok, apparently Moshiri is a non football owner, has done nothing wrong at all in his time there, interferes with nothing and just pumps in the bazillions, apparently every other fuck up, from manager appointments to medical team to buying wrong players has been Kenwright.

They hate Kenwright with a vengeance. As you say they lay every failing, whether by omission or commission, at his feet but take no responsibility themselves for their campaigns to sign players or managers or then to sack managers or players, whilst undermining the team by their constant booi.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #22546 on: December 9, 2022, 05:52:05 pm »
That's disappointing, they're not winning the World Cup.   Do they have an ex-player in the Croatia team?
TheMissionary
YNWA

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #22547 on: December 9, 2022, 05:54:02 pm »
Nikola Vlasic.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #22548 on: December 9, 2022, 05:57:03 pm »
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #22549 on: December 10, 2022, 02:52:24 pm »
Relax guys. They are all delighted celebrating the fact that VVD has been knocked out, and missed a pen.
I think they are all asking Blue Santa for Argentina shirts for Christmas. They will be conflicted if England meet them in the final though
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22550 on: December 11, 2022, 12:59:46 am »
Part 1? hour long intereview? whats there to talk about? he was at everton for 2 years
57 minutes of "erm"'s to be fair.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22551 on: December 11, 2022, 01:08:28 am »
Relax guys. They are all delighted celebrating the fact that VVD has been knocked out, and missed a pen.
I think they are all asking Blue Santa for Argentina shirts for Christmas. They will be conflicted if England meet them in the final though

They are genuinely beyond bitter. It’s quite frightening how bitter some of the bluenoses I know are. I now get uncomfortable talking footy with a few of them - they are so passive aggressive at times. It’s fucking weird because I’m not that hardcore.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #22552 on: December 13, 2022, 12:58:58 pm »
I see Moshiri’s daughter took advantage of a social mobility charity set up to help the disadvantaged journalists to get herself a nice little job at the BBC.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1708164/Everton-football-club-owner-Farhad-Moshiri-BBC-World-News-Azadeh-Moshiri

Poor little rich people eh?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22553 on: December 13, 2022, 01:24:41 pm »
I see Moshiri’s daughter took advantage of a social mobility charity set up to help the disadvantaged journalists to get herself a nice little job at the BBC.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1708164/Everton-football-club-owner-Farhad-Moshiri-BBC-World-News-Azadeh-Moshiri

Imagine the outrage from High Horse FC if that was John W. Henry's daughter.   ::)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22554 on: December 13, 2022, 02:15:54 pm »

"We support young people who may never have considered journalism as a career, enabling them to champion their diverse stories and life experiences."

Like the daughter of a successful journalist.  Even ignoring her father's wealth it's a bit of a stretch to say Azadeh Moshiri had never considered a career in journalism when her mother is a former president of the Foreign Press Association in London.

In Azadeh's defence though it's nothing unusual.  The Prince's Trust is another that has fine ideals and does do a lot of good but is also a vehicle for sharp-elbowed parents to give their already privileged offspring a further head-start in life.  The work experience scheme where I work is pretty much a closed shop to senior managers that call in favours or lean on other managers to make it happen.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22555 on: December 13, 2022, 02:48:36 pm »
Imagine the outrage from High Horse FC if that was John W. Henry's daughter.   ::)

That's just the thing isn't it, while I think most reds will see this as a bit of a "meh" story, you just know if it was John Henry's daughter, the rabid mongrel element of that fan base would be up in arms over it.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #22556 on: December 13, 2022, 02:51:07 pm »
 :)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22557 on: December 13, 2022, 02:54:23 pm »
 ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22558 on: December 13, 2022, 03:23:40 pm »
Red decorations - sack him off.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #22559 on: December 13, 2022, 03:28:58 pm »
That's just the thing isn't it, while I think most reds will see this as a bit of a "meh" story, you just know if it was John Henry's daughter, the rabid mongrel element of that fan base would be up in arms over it.

It it was John Henrys daughter we'd probably have posts in the main forum from the usual suspects about how it shows we're owned by Tory sympathisers
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.