Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2193676 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #20720 on: August 15, 2022, 08:01:01 pm »
Could actually do with Everton getting something against Forest. We don't want Lampard being sacked too soon.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20721 on: August 16, 2022, 12:16:56 pm »
We are only 2 points ahead of these.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20722 on: August 16, 2022, 12:19:55 pm »
If we continue our poor form next week we could be below Everton  and united. Joke is on us then.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #20723 on: August 16, 2022, 12:45:08 pm »

Worrying Times™
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20724 on: August 16, 2022, 02:07:15 pm »

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #20725 on: August 16, 2022, 05:21:29 pm »
The Athletic reporting that Beşiktaş are after Alli
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20726 on: August 16, 2022, 05:24:02 pm »
Turkish clubs do seem to love a punt on a faded Premier League star.  I wonder what they've seen in Alli that makes them think he's going to reignite his career (or, seemingly, even interest in football) by moving to Turkey.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #20727 on: August 16, 2022, 05:51:29 pm »

Seemed weird that Levy would let him go for nothing (initially) knowing Everton could move him on in the next window and cash in, which I said when they signed him they would do.

MK Dons not happy either as they had a sell on clause.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #20728 on: August 16, 2022, 06:05:08 pm »
Seemed weird that Levy would let him go for nothing (initially) knowing Everton could move him on in the next window and cash in, which I said when they signed him they would do.

MK Dons not happy either as they had a sell on clause.

Not sure anyone is actually going to pay money for him are they? Madness if true.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20729 on: August 16, 2022, 06:12:04 pm »
Not sure anyone is actually going to pay money for him are they? Madness if true.
Beşiktaş's record signing was £7m and that was 13 years ago.  If they are paying a fee for Alli it will be a tiny one - probably not enough to cover his wages during his time at Everton.

I can see why Everton would want to get shot of him now though, even if it's on a free.  Either that or he sticks around on a high salary, playing in which case they owe Spurs £10m in a few months or not playing in which case there's no point in having him.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20730 on: August 16, 2022, 06:30:40 pm »
Beşiktaş's record signing was £7m and that was 13 years ago.  If they are paying a fee for Alli it will be a tiny one - probably not enough to cover his wages during his time at Everton.

I can see why Everton would want to get shot of him now though, even if it's on a free.  Either that or he sticks around on a high salary, playing in which case they owe Spurs £10m in a few months or not playing in which case there's no point in having him.
And he’s shit

(Although that doesn’t seem to stop them normally)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20731 on: August 16, 2022, 06:50:25 pm »
These legends moving on one by one  :'(

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #20732 on: August 16, 2022, 06:59:31 pm »
What a massive massive fall from grace. Only 26 yr old and seems to be done with football. The lack of protection given to young english players is just baffling. They are burnt out from being overplayed and paid too much too soon. Hopefully he still recovers from this. Such a talented player.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20733 on: August 16, 2022, 08:17:55 pm »

:lmao
W

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20734 on: August 16, 2022, 08:18:32 pm »
What a massive massive fall from grace. Only 26 yr old and seems to be done with football. The lack of protection given to young english players is just baffling. They are burnt out from being overplayed and paid too much too soon. Hopefully he still recovers from this. Such a talented player.

Not sure I understand the sentiment behind this post.  We're all very aware that any player who goes to Everton has given up on football.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20735 on: August 16, 2022, 08:26:14 pm »
I'm still convinced he will end up plying his trade in Glasgow at some point. He might be a painter and decorator by then though, obviously.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #20736 on: August 16, 2022, 09:27:16 pm »
It'll be conveniently ignored that Gordon was wasting away in their reserves until Rafa took over, put him in the first team and worked on his game (as credited by the lad himself).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #20737 on: August 17, 2022, 12:24:33 am »

Pound for pound one of the worst transfers ever.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20738 on: August 17, 2022, 12:45:55 am »
some bright spark at OT saw your post and immediately concluded it's a great idea ..."him and Mags both play for England don't they, they will have great chemistry!"

Chemistry in the meth sense of the word with a new TV show coming soon, Defending Bad.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20739 on: August 17, 2022, 09:29:15 am »
Pound for pound one of the worst transfers ever.
I've got two Everton mates who would argue the complete opposite.  Effectively a free transfer, they credit him with them staying up (apparently he turned the Palace game) and they might even get enough from the sale to cover the costs.

It does undermine the myth that Lampard is a great man-manager as all he's really done is provided a stepping stone to hasten Alli's career decline.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #20740 on: August 17, 2022, 09:37:40 am »

It's not a big stretch to see his move to Beşiktaş not working out and suddenly he is at a Championship club. He just turned 26 in April - no idea how he has fallen so far, so early in his career. Is it just a lack of heart/desire?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20741 on: August 17, 2022, 09:48:07 am »
It's not a big stretch to see his move to Beşiktaş not working out and suddenly he is at a Championship club. He just turned 26 in April - no idea how he has fallen so far, so early in his career. Is it just a lack of heart/desire?
Definitely.  If he ends up going to Besitktas his career at the highest level is finished.  Apparently he is keen to move to get more game time - some half-baked idea of getting in the World Cup squad - but playing in a second-tier league where he's out-of-sight and out-of-mind isn't going to do him any favours.  If the World Cup is the main current motivator then I'm not sure where his head is going to be from January onwards.

He apparently has an almost obsession with Fortnite and other multiplayer games.  It was even touted as the reason his long-term partner left him.  There are worse ways to spend the large amounts of free time that come with being a pro footballer but the suggestion was that even at training his head was frequently elsewhere.  Mourinho and Conte obviously called him out on that but Lampard has also recently stated that he's not training with enough intensity to be considered for games.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #20742 on: August 17, 2022, 09:48:40 am »
Yeah too much too soon, and then he's never had the guidance he's needed to get back on track. I don't get the impression Pochettino was the best man manager, Mourinho most certainly wasn't, Nuno and then Conte, and now Flamps. I dont think COVID helped either, that whole period exposed himself as a bit of a twat and his form dropped off a cliff after the break.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #20743 on: August 17, 2022, 10:25:01 am »
I hate to be fair to Mourinho (and it was only one brief conversation among many I’m sure), but that excerpt in All or Nothing where he calls Alli into his office now looks prescient. Even then, Alli looked totally unconcerned at being told that he needed to shape up or his career would be over before he knew it.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #20744 on: August 17, 2022, 01:26:44 pm »
Chemistry in the meth sense of the word with a new TV show coming soon, Defending Bad.
Last season they already had Van de Beeking Bad ;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20745 on: August 17, 2022, 02:27:36 pm »

This never fails to make me laugh and it’s not even that they had Dele on it.  Imagine going to the effort of putting a mural up and including a loan player on it.  Never change Everton.

On Dele, the All or Nothing series was very telling.  He didn’t come across as very intelligent at all and as said above, Mourinho tried to get him to realise the ability he had.  He seemed away with the fairies most of the time.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20746 on: August 17, 2022, 03:12:27 pm »
This never fails to make me laugh and it’s not even that they had Dele on it.  Imagine going to the effort of putting a mural up and including a loan player on it.  Never change Everton.

On Dele, the All or Nothing series was very telling.  He didn’t come across as very intelligent at all and as said above, Mourinho tried to get him to realise the ability he had.  He seemed away with the fairies most of the time.

Not seen that clip until I googled it.
So true from JM, and sad that even three years ago, he could see this coming. Does Alli have issues, or has he just fallen out of love with football?
Sad regardless.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #20747 on: August 17, 2022, 03:45:03 pm »
Who is that second from right, not Conor Coady surely?!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #20748 on: August 17, 2022, 03:50:21 pm »

Looks like a line of porta-johns...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20749 on: August 17, 2022, 03:50:36 pm »
Who is that second from right, not Conor Coady surely?!

Coleman I think.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #20750 on: August 17, 2022, 04:31:59 pm »
Coleman I think.

Oh yeah, think you're right, not the best are they?! The Van de Beek one creases me ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20751 on: August 17, 2022, 05:09:18 pm »
Oh yeah, think you're right, not the best are they?! The Van de Beek one creases me ;D

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20752 on: August 17, 2022, 06:02:14 pm »
Coleman I think.
I think it's supposed to be Ben Godfrey.  At the time I was wondering why they'd put Michael Owen on the blue wall but assumed it was just because he played for their (not so) secret fetish of Man U.

All in all, not the best thought through idea the Evertonians have ever had.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #20753 on: August 17, 2022, 07:49:04 pm »
I think it's supposed to be Ben Godfrey.  At the time I was wondering why they'd put Michael Owen on the blue wall but assumed it was just because he played for their (not so) secret fetish of Man U.

All in all they're just a, gang of pricks on the wall.
*Launches into air guitar rif 
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #20754 on: August 17, 2022, 07:57:53 pm »

Please tell me that's still there?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20755 on: August 17, 2022, 08:03:48 pm »

When did Donny van de Beek (first from left) and Michael Owen (second from right) play for them? Some multiverse thing I’m missing?
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #20756 on: August 17, 2022, 08:21:55 pm »
Please tell me that's still there?
It is. I drove past it whilst chuckling to myself only last week.  :D

It must be the drabbest mural in the city.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20757 on: August 17, 2022, 08:55:16 pm »
It's a mural that is funnier left alone (instead of people vandalizing it).

The only funnier this would be a sign separate from the mural that said "Legends. :lmao"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #20758 on: August 17, 2022, 11:39:12 pm »
When did Donny van de Beek (first from left) and Michael Owen (second from right) play for them? Some multiverse thing I’m missing?
Van de beek was there last season, on loan. Only played five or six times for them I think.

Owen? Well he played for the Mancs so anything's possible
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20759 on: August 18, 2022, 12:34:59 am »
It is. I drove past it whilst chuckling to myself only last week.  :D

It must be the drabbest mural in the city.

Kicking and screaming because their more successful sibling got some new toys