Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2194984 times)

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #20680 on: August 15, 2022, 07:40:57 am »
They’ll end up like Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday if they go down in my opinion

Can get why they feel like they can’t sell Gordon but fuck me, 40m. Chelsea’s owner playing football manager here

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20681 on: August 15, 2022, 07:46:34 am »
They’ll end up like Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday if they go down in my opinion

Can get why they feel like they can’t sell Gordon but fuck me, 40m. Chelsea’s owner playing football manager here
They've apparently also bid around £15m for 33-year old Aubameyang but Barca holding out for more money.  Chelsea's transfer dealings are as baffling as Everton's have been during the Moshiri reign.  If Everton can get £40m+ for Gordon it will like they've passed on the jinx to West London.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20682 on: August 15, 2022, 07:58:52 am »
Selling Gordon could actually keep them up if they buy a decent striker or two with the money.
£40m is crazy money tho and bordering on suspicious.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #20683 on: August 15, 2022, 08:56:50 am »
Selling Gordon could actually keep them up if they buy a decent striker or two with the money.
Che Adams is the one they are after.

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20684 on: August 15, 2022, 10:06:04 am »

I remember Kevin Campbell keeping them up, the only decent spell he had in his whole career.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20685 on: August 15, 2022, 10:14:14 am »
They've apparently also bid around £15m for 33-year old Aubameyang but Barca holding out for more money.  Chelsea's transfer dealings are as baffling as Everton's have been during the Moshiri reign.  If Everton can get £40m+ for Gordon it will like they've passed on the jinx to West London.

Another new owner who has no clue how football works, either on the pitch or behind the scenes. Seems that FSG are the only owners who actually bothered to learn anything. Everyone else seems clueless.

So they're definitely going down then. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20686 on: August 15, 2022, 11:26:44 am »
I’ve said it before but they really are following the Aston Villa relegation path.  There are so many similarities.  Hopefully they spend a few more years away from the Premier League than Villa did though.

Imagine being short of goals and thinking Che Adams was the answer to your problems  :lmao

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20687 on: August 15, 2022, 11:54:48 am »
Pickford to United anyone???

Please let this happen. It would be glorious.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20688 on: August 15, 2022, 12:22:12 pm »
I’ve said it before but they really are following the Aston Villa relegation path.  There are so many similarities.  Hopefully they spend a few more years away from the Premier League than Villa did though.

Imagine being short of goals and thinking Che Adams was the answer to your problems  :lmao
I guess the thinking is that he'll give them a focal point and some graft up-front.  Adams and Calvert-Lewin as a strike-force is a bit... Burnley... but it would probably keep them up.

It would be a shame for Adams though as it would mark the end of his meteoric rise from park football to the Premier League and international football.  Once the Ev touches you and all that.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #20689 on: August 15, 2022, 12:28:05 pm »

The Ev could go down Sunderland path more than Villa, Sunderland went down, think season after Villa, then got relegated again the following season, & spent 3 season in League 1, with a few new owners added in too, only got promotion to the Championship last season.
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #20690 on: August 15, 2022, 12:30:58 pm »

Che Guevara couldn't help these losers.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20691 on: August 15, 2022, 12:48:45 pm »
The Ev could go down Sunderland path more than Villa, Sunderland went down, think season after Villa, then got relegated again the following season, & spent 3 season in League 1, with a few new owners added in too, only got promotion to the Championship last season.
That would make Dele Alli their Jack Rodwell.  Yeah, I can see that.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #20692 on: August 15, 2022, 02:24:49 pm »
These are absolutely preparing for a few years in the abyss.  Get as much money in now before The Championship and potentially the League One sucks them in.

I think some in the club may have already accepted it. The drain is well and truly being circled at this stage.

Glad to see Forest getting these players in, I think too many personally but if Cooper can get a tune out of some they may survive, home form being critical. If Fulham and Bournemouth can recruit a few before the end of the window I certainly wouldn't write either off, not that I'd currently expect them to survive. I think Leeds/Southampton/Brentford will all survive and those are the three other than Everton who haven't been promoted this summer that I'd expect could be down there.

The longer this Gordon stuff drags on could make a huge difference too. They should sell for big money of course but their record of buying players is so poor that it all might be futile.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20693 on: August 15, 2022, 02:29:20 pm »
some bright spark at OT saw your post and immediately concluded it's a great idea ..."him and Mags both play for England don't they, they will have great chemistry!"

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #20694 on: August 15, 2022, 02:31:47 pm »

And the Ev could have their own Stadium of Shite, next to the water, like Sunderland
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20695 on: August 15, 2022, 02:32:01 pm »
some bright spark at OT saw your post and immediately concluded it's a great idea ..."him and Mags both play for England don't they, they will have great chemistry!"
Yeah they are great together against teams of the level of Albania and San Marino, unfortunately most PL teams are way above that level.

Offline Carras Left Foot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20696 on: August 15, 2022, 02:45:35 pm »
50 million fucking quid for Anthony Gordon.

Chelsea may end up spending close to 200 million on:

Gordon
Cucurella
Fofana

Jesus Christ. Everton should bite their hands off and get a few Chelsea outcasts thrown in on loan too.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20697 on: August 15, 2022, 02:57:59 pm »

I dream of this.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20698 on: August 15, 2022, 03:03:14 pm »

Gordon
Cucurella
Fofana

Jesus Christ. Everton should bite their hands off and get a few Chelsea outcasts thrown in on loan too.
They've already used up their loans on Cod and Vinegar.  I'm sure they could repeat the dubious transfer of Alli for Barkley as part of any deal that sees them sell the family silver.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20699 on: August 15, 2022, 03:16:30 pm »
So on the one side you are baffled and a bit annoyed that Everton might get £50m for Gordon, but then you know the shite they will buy for it so any frustration will be short lived.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20700 on: August 15, 2022, 03:23:58 pm »
They've already used up their loans on Cod and Vinegar.  I'm sure they could repeat the dubious transfer of Alli for Barkley as part of any deal that sees them sell the family silver.

At this point for Everton, it's not so much the family silver as the family pewter.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #20701 on: August 15, 2022, 03:32:48 pm »
Gordon isn't very good. I mean he's got energy and can carry the ball but has zero end product. That might well come in time but I wouldn't bet on it. I would bite Chelsea's hand off for anything upwards of £40 million.

If they have any sense they'll bargain for some of Chelsea's squad/fringe players who would walk into that Everton side, but whether they'd even want to go is another thing.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20702 on: August 15, 2022, 03:52:02 pm »
Gordon isn't very good. I mean he's got energy and can carry the ball but has zero end product. That might well come in time but I wouldn't bet on it. I would bite Chelsea's hand off for anything upwards of £40 million.

Fixed

I would bite Chelsea's hand off for anything upwards of £4 million.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #20703 on: August 15, 2022, 04:04:23 pm »
They'd be complete morons not to sell. At these prices they'd then have to give Gordon a new contract and possibly make him unmovable in the future.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20704 on: August 15, 2022, 04:07:12 pm »

Gordon
Cucurella
Fofana

Drunkski already have a player in Mount that is 10x better than Gordon who is presumably meant to do the same things

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20705 on: August 15, 2022, 04:15:41 pm »
I'll present them with the transfer window trophy myself if they manage to get £50m for him, absolute madness

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #20706 on: August 15, 2022, 04:44:15 pm »

If they have any sense they'll bargain for some of Chelsea's squad/fringe players who would walk into that Everton side, but whether they'd even want to go is another thing.

He's basically what Ross Barkley was at Everton and he did so well at Chelsea.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20707 on: August 15, 2022, 04:46:11 pm »
Onana (despite giving the ball away for their 2nd goal) looked half decent although, at this stage, he remains mostly untouched by Everton. If the crowd turn he will see the other side. He has the potential to keep them up if he proves to be worth the money.

Of course if he is any good, he will be sold when a big club come sniffing.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20708 on: August 15, 2022, 04:49:02 pm »

Fixed

I would bite Chelsea's hand off for anything upwards of £4 million.
I know he's their best diver, and his diving technique could even improve further, but they should be snapping ex-Putin FCs hand off at that price.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20709 on: August 15, 2022, 04:49:55 pm »
Onana (despite giving the ball away for their 2nd goal) looked half decent although, at this stage, he remains mostly untouched by Everton. If the crowd turn he will see the other side. He has the potential to keep them up if he proves to be worth the money.

Of course he will. Once a blue, always a ‘whatever club comes in for you’ and all that.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20710 on: August 15, 2022, 04:50:22 pm »

🎶I don't wanna be your steppin' stone...🎶

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #20711 on: August 15, 2022, 04:55:45 pm »
Their next three fixtures are Notts Forest, Brentford and Leeds - the teams at their level, sort of.

It’ll be interesting to see how they go.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #20712 on: August 15, 2022, 05:03:48 pm »
Their next three fixtures are Notts Forest, Brentford and Leeds - the teams at their level, sort of.

It’ll be interesting to see how they go.
Zero points from them games.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #20713 on: August 15, 2022, 05:24:10 pm »

Doesn't even seem that unrealistic. All 3 have looked up for it so far this season and they have more quality than Everton too imo.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #20714 on: August 15, 2022, 05:26:56 pm »
Doesn't even seem that unrealistic. All 3 have looked up for it so far this season and they have more quality than Everton too imo.
The only way this shower are getting points, is playing a back 10 and hoping for a scoreless draw in each game.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20715 on: August 15, 2022, 05:52:54 pm »
The first ten games don't count anyway.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20716 on: August 15, 2022, 06:19:58 pm »
I think some in the club may have already accepted it. The drain is well and truly being circled at this stage.

Glad to see Forest getting these players in, I think too many personally but if Cooper can get a tune out of some they may survive, home form being critical. If Fulham and Bournemouth can recruit a few before the end of the window I certainly wouldn't write either off, not that I'd currently expect them to survive. I think Leeds/Southampton/Brentford will all survive and those are the three other than Everton who haven't been promoted this summer that I'd expect could be down there.

The longer this Gordon stuff drags on could make a huge difference too. They should sell for big money of course but their record of buying players is so poor that it all might be futile.

Aside from the promoted sides who are an unknown quantity, I don't think there's anything between another 10 or so teams. It comes down to coaching then, or other factors like who is less impacted by the World Cup or who does the best business in January.

That Villa-Everton game was bad. I don't think there's much between them. Ultimately Villa had a decent striker on the pitch (Ings) and Everton never.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20717 on: August 15, 2022, 06:22:40 pm »

They've been well up for their first home game as you'd expect. Forest were still battered by West Ham yesterday, particularly second half and very lucky to win. Newcastle could have run up a cricket score last week, so they'll need to perform better next week going there.

Fulham look the best equipped at the moment. It'll take Forest time to gel a new team together.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20718 on: August 15, 2022, 07:43:27 pm »
The first ten games don't count anyway.
Nor do pace goals

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #20719 on: August 15, 2022, 07:52:34 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.