Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2194776 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #19200 on: July 3, 2022, 05:53:35 pm »
The Dock Wall is Grade 2 listed since 28 September 1999

That’s almost to the day the last time their fans saw them win at Anfield.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19201 on: July 3, 2022, 05:55:20 pm »
I think the Kassam Stadium in Oxford is closer to what they will end up with. Much like Oxford United, the Bitters will be seeking a new home not long after they move in.

It was bad enough when Oxford United were owned by the fraud Robert Maxwell and his daughter Ghislaine, the procuress but bringing Everton into the discussion?

A bridge too far.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #19202 on: July 3, 2022, 07:38:23 pm »
Kassam stadium? Harsh!, very harsh

(And it’s getting replaced)

Well, they are both located next to a sewer.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #19203 on: July 3, 2022, 11:52:42 pm »
So Jesse Lingard see Everton as a 'last resort'

That's if his transfer to Accrington Stanley falls though then.

Look at how far they have fallen, even United rejects won't touch them, that was never a problem even when they were 'poor'
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19204 on: July 4, 2022, 12:13:43 am »
So Jesse Lingard see Everton as a 'last resort'

That's if his transfer to Accrington Stanley falls though then.

Look at how far they have fallen, even United rejects won't touch them, that was never a problem even when they were 'poor'
It comes to something when even washed up Mancs snub their usual retirement home.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #19205 on: July 4, 2022, 12:15:26 am »
Someone needs to go spray 'Beanz in!' on the Bullens. He'll be an Ev player by lunchtime.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19206 on: July 4, 2022, 12:18:55 am »
Someone needs to go spray 'Beanz in!' on the Bullens. He'll be an Ev player by lunchtime.
Once the Bullens wall has spoken, it shall be done.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19207 on: July 4, 2022, 02:49:49 am »
They have a fixed price for certain elements of the build but there’s plenty of things they can’t fix the cost of and anyone in the building trade or who’s had work done will tell you that far less complex builds always have minor issues that end up costing extra.

We’re probably talking £650m conservatively. Realistically? £800m.

I think they will do bits here and there but yes Goodison will be their home for some while longer. They absolutely need further investment which is why Moshiri has been grubbing around with anyone who’ll entertain him, regardless of how tenuous their finances are. This Kenyon consortium clearly didn’t have the heft to get it done, the club would’ve been in the exact same situation pretty much. Perhaps the stadium would have got done quicker.

They can’t pass on the costs of any issues to Everton, apparently, under a fixed price contract (unless there some clause around unforeseen issues?). But they would price in the risk of such issues, of course, and if there are none then they’ve effectively over charged Everton but get to keep the surplus. However, from what I’ve read, these fixed price contracts are still adjusted for inflation.  It would just be risking bankruptcy agreeing to fix materials prices with no fluctuations for inflation.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #19208 on: July 4, 2022, 10:08:55 am »
Can't get my head around signing that Tarkovski lad for 4 years on 80k a week.

He's 29, nearly 30.

77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #19209 on: July 4, 2022, 10:56:52 am »
Can't get my head around signing that Tarkovski lad for 4 years on 80k a week.

He's 29, nearly 30.

In fairness, that is 2-3 decent years from a good defender, it's the only way they could nail down a free contract like that.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19210 on: July 4, 2022, 11:11:46 am »
They can’t pass on the costs of any issues to Everton, apparently, under a fixed price contract

They haven't signed a fixed price contract. This all stemmed from an email Baxendale sent to fans which mentioned them having clarity of costs. From this their fans have run with it being a fixed price, which has then become truth somehow.

"I am delighted to tell you that we have finalised and signed a contract with our construction partners, Laing O'Rourke, which gives us greater certainty as to the costs of the remaining stages of our stadium project. The agreement ensures the work on bringing our new home to reality will continue apace.

To explain the significance, this agreement means we have renewed clarity over the costs for the remaining stages of the project - and that clarity is in line with our budget and cost planning. In short - we have certainty in these uncertain times.

Our accounts, released last month, revealed the profound scale of the impact the pandemic has had, and continues to have, on our Club. They also demonstrated, though, the scale of investment we have already made in our new stadium - and the unwavering commitment of our owner to finish what he has started.

To put it into financial terms, this is the biggest investment and the biggest commercial deal and partnership we have ever struck in our Club's history."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19211 on: July 4, 2022, 11:20:39 am »
It's as clear as mud
This was in Contruction News:
https://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/news/view/laing-orourke-agrees-price-for-everton-stadium

The main construction contract sees Laing O’Rourke bear the major risk for cost overruns on construction of the 52,888-capacity waterfront stadium.

Contract price was not disclosed but overall costs have previoulsy been estimated at around £500m.

That certainly doesn't clarify that the contract was for £500m. Laing O'Rourke are hoping to go public in a couple of years. Given that and the Millennium stadium history mentioned here, you'd think they would have been hyper-cautious on signing off on anything with too much latitude for risk.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #19212 on: July 4, 2022, 11:21:45 am »
In fairness, that is 2-3 decent years from a good defender, it's the only way they could nail down a free contract like that.

I don't think he's that good to be honest. He'll fit in there though as he loves to kick people
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #19213 on: July 4, 2022, 11:38:25 am »
Who the **** is Becao?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19214 on: July 4, 2022, 11:38:27 am »
I don't think he's that good to be honest. He'll fit in there though as he loves to kick people

Michael Keane was Burnley's best defender. All they do is defend the 6 yard box and throw themselves at the ball to make blocks.

Keane still does a job when Everton do the same but is no good when asked to do anything more..Tarkowski may have a bit more about him but his PL career has just been defending deep.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #19215 on: July 4, 2022, 05:13:49 pm »
Drunken Duncan's off to bring his brand of sophisticated football to another (unnamed) club.

Big blow to them when they sack Lampard and they have to find another Club Legend who just Gets The Club to Steady the Ship in February in the middle of a relegation battle.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19216 on: July 4, 2022, 05:26:04 pm »
Who the **** is Becao?

I don't know but apparently he's 26  :lmao

Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19217 on: July 4, 2022, 06:07:35 pm »
Who's going to put the cones out now? Is Colin Pascoe still available? Ferguson will be waiting as long for a good offer.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #19218 on: July 4, 2022, 07:23:54 pm »
Red Echo latest

Everton have approached Chelsea about signing Broja.
They are also after a player from Rheims, El Bilal Toure. Red Echo calls him a perfect replacement for Richarlison.
So he’s a dirty snide diver? - harsh on the lad.
Seems like Moshi has told Frank he can spend the Richarlison money which is madness seeing as he had to sell him to clear FFP. Must have given up on Conor Gallagher.
In other news Cenk Tosun has returned. (I thought he was out of contract this summer ?)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19219 on: July 4, 2022, 07:40:56 pm »
Red Echo latest

Everton have approached Chelsea about signing Broja.
They are also after a player from Rheims, El Bilal Toure. Red Echo calls him a perfect replacement for Richarlison.
So he’s a dirty snide diver? - harsh on the lad.
Seems like Moshi has told Frank he can spend the Richarlison money which is madness seeing as he had to sell him to clear FFP. Must have given up on Conor Gallagher.
In other news Cenk Tosun has returned. (I thought he was out of contract this summer ?)

To Beşiktaş, who screwed £27m out of our gullible neighbours.

Online jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19220 on: July 4, 2022, 08:22:21 pm »
Big Dunc has left them to become a manager  :lmao

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19221 on: July 4, 2022, 08:47:06 pm »

Of what?

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19222 on: July 4, 2022, 08:49:09 pm »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online jonkrux

• Legacy Fan

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19224 on: July 4, 2022, 09:04:31 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #19225 on: July 4, 2022, 09:26:20 pm »
The Mean Machine?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19227 on: July 4, 2022, 09:44:43 pm »

Reckon it’s a McNasty's….

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19228 on: July 4, 2022, 10:18:04 pm »
Has Big Dunc finally decided to get some actual managerial experience under his belt for when Lampard is sacked?  Or did Fwank force him out perhaps?

Moshiri is like a drunk gambler. If he risks the Richarlison money and it backfires they're even more screwed then they already are.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19229 on: July 4, 2022, 10:20:43 pm »
if they spend that Richie money, isn't that like giving the PL the finger?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19230 on: July 4, 2022, 10:24:00 pm »
if they spend that Richie money, isn't that like giving the PL the finger?
No.

Because the spend is amortised over the length of the contracts of the players they sign.

A £50m player signed over 5 years has a book value of £10m a year in transfer fees.

Whereas the transfer fee is recognised all at once in you “money in” pot.

Plus…on the first of July we enter a different monitoring period for finances.
« Last Edit: July 4, 2022, 10:25:38 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19231 on: July 4, 2022, 10:27:01 pm »
ah ok, ta, Tepid.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #19232 on: July 4, 2022, 10:27:44 pm »
Who the **** is Becao?
For 24 years I've been living next door to Becao...
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19233 on: July 4, 2022, 10:44:01 pm »

Will probably help them. If there was a common denominator on Everton lurching from managerial disaster to managerial disaster it was him as assistant manager.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19234 on: July 4, 2022, 10:46:29 pm »

Of a local pub, I presume.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19235 on: July 4, 2022, 11:24:46 pm »
Of a local pub, I presume.
From pub team to pub manager. Nice career progression for good old Dunc.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #19236 on: July 4, 2022, 11:25:56 pm »
It's as clear as mud
This was in Contruction News:
https://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/news/view/laing-orourke-agrees-price-for-everton-stadium

That certainly doesn't clarify that the contract was for £500m. Laing O'Rourke are hoping to go public in a couple of years. Given that and the Millennium stadium history mentioned here, you'd think they would have been hyper-cautious on signing off on anything with too much latitude for risk.

It does take the financial risk away but then there is a price to pay for making the construction company bear the risk. Who do we think is smarter, Everton or Laing?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19237 on: July 4, 2022, 11:29:11 pm »

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19238 on: July 4, 2022, 11:30:23 pm »
No.

Because the spend is amortised over the length of the contracts of the players they sign.

A £50m player signed over 5 years has a book value of £10m a year in transfer fees.

Whereas the transfer fee is recognised all at once in you “money in” pot.

Plus…on the first of July we enter a different monitoring period for finances.

They can’t spend the Richie money as that was part of the deal with the PL. they had to find £50m to cover some of the losses in the prior 3 years by 30th June.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #19239 on: July 4, 2022, 11:40:35 pm »
They can’t spend the Richie money as that was part of the deal with the PL. they had to find £50m to cover some of the losses in the prior 3 years by 30th June.
This was my understanding based on that long read in The Athletic a few weeks back. They’re kind of at net zero now as it were (not based on the cumulative loss threshold, they’re still horribly mired there and could run into more trouble) and any further sales will count as profit they could feasibly spend.

They’ll let Allan and Mina leave for maybe a combined £20m - £25m as both have asked to leave the club and then use that on maybe one or two signings or even big signing on fees for the likes of Lingard. They’re reportedly desperate to keep Calvert-Lewin and see him as integral, but I think if Newcastle do test the waters with £60m+ his head will be turned.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez