Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2193620 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #19120 on: July 2, 2022, 07:37:45 am »
By a lonely prison wall
I heard a young man booooooooing
Duncan they are taking you away
For you nutted John McStay
So the young might see the morn
Now a prison van lay waiting for Barlinnie.

Low lie the fields of County road
Where once we watched the small children fly
Richi'la was on the wing
We had Redshite and Heysel to boo
It's so lonely round the fields of County Road.

By a lonely prison wall
I heard a young man booing
Nothing matters Moshi'la when you're fucking rich
Against the Sly 6 and Clive Thomas
I booed they called me a fucking disgrace
Now you must launch our child with dignity

Low lie the fields of County road
Where once we watched the small children fly
Richi'la was on the wing
We had Redshite and Heysel to boo
It's so lonely round the fields of County road

By a lonely sewage plant wall
She watched the last stock price falling
As the new stadium sailed out against the sky
For they lives to whine and boo
For her love in White Hart Lane
It's so lonely around the fields of County road
St John would approve
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19121 on: July 2, 2022, 07:46:16 am »
El Ghazi leaving is a big blow then.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19122 on: July 2, 2022, 08:20:07 am »
The esk used the phrase

“Extremely worrying times”

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19123 on: July 2, 2022, 08:48:18 am »

Why is this banner so funny to me haha.

Too much Red on Big Nev’s shirt.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19124 on: July 2, 2022, 09:39:42 am »
This is why the takeover didn't make sense. Why would you buy a club who 90% of their income is basically Premier League TV money (especially without artificial Usmanov sponsorships), yet you have to pay north of 500 mill for a stadium, a squad of players that need gutting and then give Moshiri back what he's invested? Nobody is going to do that in good faith.

Yep I called it out the minute the story came out that the figures simply didn’t add up for anyone to want to invest north if £1bn in buying them. Was never happening.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #19125 on: July 2, 2022, 10:11:00 am »
The esk used the phrase

That dosser projects more than a 1950s drive-in cinema owner

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19126 on: July 2, 2022, 10:38:17 am »
The theories they've come out on GoT on Salah's extension are desperately clutching at straws, a club that's going to post revenues over £600 million could have a financial meltdown paying a player £18 million a year.

Hilarious and just shows the infinite mile gap between the clubs off the pitch, they lose their best player (who's average AF) because they are a financial laughing stock, and we keep ours using our financial might.

Just shows how far apart the clubs are.

It is understandable that they cannot understand how we could afford to pay him that much, in their mind he's being paid almost two seasons of shirt sponsorships a season after all.  ;D

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #19127 on: July 2, 2022, 10:58:12 am »
The esk used the phrase

About his own team, I take it?  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19128 on: July 2, 2022, 11:32:49 am »
About his own team, I take it?  ;D
Oh yes….

Basically, Moshiri has spent £800m.  No one is even prepared to offer him £500m for the club.  He’s in a hole for £300m (even if he gets the £500m no one will offer).

So, the bad news for our blue brethren is that they are stuck with Moshiri at the helm, but they are stuck with a Moshiri who has now run out of cash (or at least he won’t spend any more on them).

They can’t spend big again, so now they have to spend smart.  Nad that’s not exactly been their forte has it?

And now the takeover is off, that’s the stadium funding down the swanie.  At what point does the build have to stop because the funding isn’t in place?

It’s fucking hilarious.  Moshiri has spent £800m to make them worse.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #19129 on: July 2, 2022, 11:38:07 am »
Oh yes….

Basically, Moshiri has spent £800m.  No one is even prepared to offer him £500m for the club.  He’s in a hole for £300m (even if he gets the £500m no one will offer).

So, the bad news for our blue brethren is that they are stuck with Moshiri at the helm, but they are stuck with a Moshiri who has now run out of cash (or at least he won’t spend any more on them).

They can’t spend big again, so now they have to spend smart.  Nad that’s not exactly been their forte has it?

And now the takeover is off, that’s the stadium funding down the swanie.  At what point does the build have to stop because the funding isn’t in place?

Moshiri's whole reign has been disastrous, I fail to see how they could have made a worse decision, even if they'd tried. A long line of shocking decisions by various people running football clubs. On one level it is funny on another level, you wonder how many other clubs will do the same thing somewhere else. Football's finances are now terrifyingly unpredictable with no one in the game able to put a handle on anything.

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #19130 on: July 2, 2022, 11:51:18 am »

That stadium is a millstone around their neck. The idea of it might be used to entice prospective owners, but it necessitates someone with  deep pockets coming in who can balance both construction and a significant overhaul of the playing squad.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19131 on: July 2, 2022, 11:54:10 am »
That stadium is a millstone around their neck. The idea of it might be used to entice prospective owners, but it necessitates someone with  deep pockets coming in who can balance both construction and a significant overhaul of the playing squad.

And who can be conned into believing that ticket prices can be put up enough that the stadium can actually pay for itself whilst also adding 10k+ to the current capacity they barely sellout without discounts.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #19132 on: July 2, 2022, 11:59:36 am »
And who can be conned into believing that ticket prices can be put up enough that the stadium can actually pay for itself whilst also adding 10k+ to the current capacity they barely sellout without discounts.

The Spurs stadium cost might be extortionate but even at Bramley Moore Spurs will make 3 times what Everton do on a matchday, added to NFL and other events.  It isn't worth it.

Comparable clubs who've moved to big new stadiums (West Ham/Man City) got them for free.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19133 on: July 2, 2022, 12:06:41 pm »
Moshiri's whole reign has been disastrous, I fail to see how they could have made a worse decision, even if they'd tried. A long line of shocking decisions by various people running football clubs. On one level it is funny on another level, you wonder how many other clubs will do the same thing somewhere else. Football's finances are now terrifyingly unpredictable with no one in the game able to put a handle on anything.

At some point I would predict that the loons on GoT will suggest that it was intentional and a conspiracy to destroy their club, conveniently ignoring all the ways that they have contributed to making the situation worse, with  forcing the owners into hiring Lampard being one of the most recent examples.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #19134 on: July 2, 2022, 12:42:28 pm »
The esk used the phrase

Has that one been trademarked yet  ;D

Seriously though, the Esk is a mad character. Imagine being in a position where you spend your days researching and writing about the finances of Everton Football Club. Surprised the last few years hasn't killed him, actually.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 12:44:34 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #19135 on: July 2, 2022, 12:52:45 pm »
Was at our place this morning.
Loads of steel framework type structures parked up, ready to be put in place and two rather large cranes extended to do lifts.
Looks like the framework is cracking on. As well as a new high tech pitch being laid.
Meanwhile, over at the sand pit things are also moving.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19136 on: July 2, 2022, 02:03:58 pm »
Grains in the wind?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19137 on: July 2, 2022, 02:06:01 pm »

Wayne come for his summer holidays and is currently building sandcastles?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19138 on: July 2, 2022, 02:16:53 pm »
Has that one been trademarked yet  ;D

Seriously though, the Esk is a mad character. Imagine being in a position where you spend your days researching and writing about the finances of Everton Football Club. Surprised the last few years hasn't killed him, actually.
Comes with caveats though, usually on Fridays. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19139 on: July 2, 2022, 02:26:58 pm »
Oh yes….

And how much of it was his money rather than some dodgy Chinese hedge fund?

Can't imagine any prospective buyer sticking around once they've had a look at Everton's books - even though the PL massaged the books so much they even threw in a happy ending.

If Moshi wants out he's going to have to take the hit. But accepting responsibility for his own ineptness is very Everton.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19140 on: July 2, 2022, 02:30:02 pm »
Grains in the wind?

Subsidence most likely.

Popcorn's Art

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19141 on: July 2, 2022, 03:18:11 pm »
Was at our place this morning.
Loads of steel framework type structures parked up, ready to be put in place and two rather large cranes extended to do lifts.
Looks like the framework is cracking on. As well as a new high tech pitch being laid.

People's bowels?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #19142 on: July 2, 2022, 03:50:32 pm »
Michael Keane and now Tarkowsky  ;D Two fucking manc defenders, will fit in well there
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19143 on: July 2, 2022, 04:03:55 pm »
Oh yes….

Did the usual caveats apply?

Like - WE ARE FUCKED!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19144 on: July 2, 2022, 04:30:19 pm »
That team might avoid relegation, if they stay relatively fit. Anything more than that would be a miracle ...

Not that it’s of any significance but you missed out Van De Beek.

They ‘should’ be saving a fortune in wages but lets wait and see the next Brooklyn Bridge of a player they are convinced is their saviour.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 09:39:58 pm by So... Howard Phillips »

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #19145 on: July 2, 2022, 04:52:06 pm »
Just been put straight by a blue.
Moshiri has apparently said he has as much money as is needed and is prepared to spend the same again,  just not in the same way as before. Also we are in trouble because we have just shattered our wage structure and are paying Mo £150k a week more than Virgil.
And all clubs are laden with debt, that is why we had a tight wage structure because we were in debt to FSG’s creditors who loaned them the money to buy us out (my memory is hazy but didn’t they pay £350m or thereabouts? Basically the same amount as the last three years losses at Goodison?)
Apparently FSG are just like the Glazers, except FSG are reinvesting in the club and have extended the main stand and are currently extending the Anfield Road end.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19146 on: July 2, 2022, 04:54:27 pm »
Not that it’s of any significance but you missed out Van De Beek.

Wasn't he just a loan signing then?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19147 on: July 2, 2022, 04:59:52 pm »
At some point I would predict that the loons on GoT will suggest that it was intentional and a conspiracy to destroy their club, conveniently ignoring all the ways that they have contributed to making the situation worse, with  forcing the owners into hiring Lampard being one of the most recent examples.
Oh god, don't put ideas into their heads. They come up with enough crackpot theories of their own.

If ever there was an example of 'doing it to yourself', it's Everton.

They think they have enemies with nefarious intent towards them, but the reality is they don't matter enough for that. No one really cares about them outside of their little bubble. Their problem is actually just themselves.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19148 on: July 2, 2022, 05:01:19 pm »
Moshiri has apparently said he has as much money as is needed and is prepared to spend the same again,  just not in the same way as before. Also we are in trouble because we have just shattered our wage structure and are paying Mo £150k a week more than Virgil.
And all clubs are laden with debt, that is why we had a tight wage structure because we were in debt to FSG’s creditors who loaned them the money to buy us out (my memory is hazy but didn’t they pay £350m or thereabouts? Basically the same amount as the last three years losses at Goodison?)
Apparently FSG are just like the Glazers, except FSG are reinvesting in the club and have extended the main stand and are currently extending the Anfield Road end.
Was he on day release from Ashworth?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19149 on: July 2, 2022, 05:03:35 pm »
So, not like the Glazers at all then.  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19150 on: July 2, 2022, 05:07:53 pm »
Our turnover is going to be around £600 million, it will be more than triple Everton's, how are we in financial straits, our wage bill is around 55% of turnover, not like Everton's that is over 90%. ;D

In about 2 seasons we'll be closer to hitting the £700 million mark turnover wise with the new Annie Road and rumoured £80 million per season shirt sponsor.

Economics/Finances is not a Evertonians forte.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19151 on: July 2, 2022, 05:21:55 pm »
Our turnover is going to be around £600 million, it will be more than triple Everton's, how are we in financial straits, our wage bill is around 55% of turnover, not like Everton's that is over 90%. ;D

In about 2 seasons we'll be closer to hitting the £700 million mark turnover wise with the new Annie Road and rumoured £80 million per season shirt sponsor.

Economics/Finances is not a Evertonians forte.
You made the mistake of using common sense, rationale and facts whilst addressing Everton logic.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #19152 on: July 2, 2022, 07:04:24 pm »
In my lifetime they’ve never been in a worse situation I’d say.

Aside from the massive, huge issues that face their club financially and the stadium implications that go along with it, there’s no way Moshiri is going to allow more spending.

Their squad is a mess. Their new CB partnership of Keane and Tarkowski is decidedly underwhelming. Okay in a low block, but they showed their level a Burnley. It’s a partnership belonging in the bottom half. Coleman is past it and the two new fullbacks they purchased in January at present don't look up to much. Mina has been wanting to follow James out of the door ever since Ancelotti left. Likewise Allan, who a realistic and very pessimistic Bluenose I know told me yesterday that Allan has told the club he wants to leave also. Lazio rumoured to fancy him as he’s played under Sarri before.

You then look at the wide areas. Townsend is effective in bursts but limited, Gray was good last season and looked a player at times, but they’ve lost Richarlison and for all the hype around Gordon, people seem to be missing the fact that his production is poor and his underlying numbers are shit. He’s Championship level. Then the attackers. Rondon unable to stay fit, DCL actually a decent forward but for how long will he want to stay mired in this mess? He’s not a local lad, he’s not an Everton fan. Newcastle are circling and he probably thinks his World Cup chances are better served at an improving sportswash project than at Everton. If he leaves, I think they maybe have the worst squad in the league outside of the newly promoted teams.

I foresee a very, very tough month ahead of the start of the season. Selling Richarlison - a player who mainly flattered to deceive and didn’t produce in the way a £60m forward should - has bought them some leeway with the FFP issues, but by no means given them enough cash to refresh and restructure. I genuinely think this season will be more of a disaster than last. It’s coming and it’s going to be a lot of fun. For us Reds anyway.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 07:06:59 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19153 on: July 2, 2022, 07:07:11 pm »
Have they bought anyone yet this summer?

I forgot they spent £50m on Richarlison when he was at Watford ;D

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19154 on: July 2, 2022, 08:25:40 pm »
In my lifetime they’ve never been in a worse situation I’d say.

Aside from the massive, huge issues that face their club financially and the stadium implications that go along with it, there’s no way Moshiri is going to allow more spending.

Their squad is a mess. Their new CB partnership of Keane and Tarkowski is decidedly underwhelming. Okay in a low block, but they showed their level a Burnley. It’s a partnership belonging in the bottom half. Coleman is past it and the two new fullbacks they purchased in January at present don't look up to much. Mina has been wanting to follow James out of the door ever since Ancelotti left. Likewise Allan, who a realistic and very pessimistic Bluenose I know told me yesterday that Allan has told the club he wants to leave also. Lazio rumoured to fancy him as he’s played under Sarri before.

You then look at the wide areas. Townsend is effective in bursts but limited, Gray was good last season and looked a player at times, but they’ve lost Richarlison and for all the hype around Gordon, people seem to be missing the fact that his production is poor and his underlying numbers are shit. He’s Championship level. Then the attackers. Rondon unable to stay fit, DCL actually a decent forward but for how long will he want to stay mired in this mess? He’s not a local lad, he’s not an Everton fan. Newcastle are circling and he probably thinks his World Cup chances are better served at an improving sportswash project than at Everton. If he leaves, I think they maybe have the worst squad in the league outside of the newly promoted teams.

I foresee a very, very tough month ahead of the start of the season. Selling Richarlison - a player who mainly flattered to deceive and didn’t produce in the way a £60m forward should - has bought them some leeway with the FFP issues, but by no means given them enough cash to refresh and restructure. I genuinely think this season will be more of a disaster than last. It’s coming and it’s going to be a lot of fun. For us Reds anyway.

It'll come down to whether they can keep their shit on a stick football going for a full season. It's all well and good getting a team that has been well set up by someone like Rafa to dig in deep for a few months, but to play like that for a whole season, with a beginner manager taking them through preseason and little to no idea of where the goals will come from, it'll be a challenge.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #19155 on: July 2, 2022, 09:31:45 pm »
To be fair to Everton, the completion of the stadium represents more than some desperate attempt to bridge the financial divide. It's a desire also to achieve a long term outcome, to prove the ownership can oversee a major project to completion. It also solves the problem of their own stadium, which is aging badly and needs either replacing or regeneration. By building a new stadium it shows ambition, even if the financials don't stand up. So I get why they are excited and want it so badly.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19156 on: July 2, 2022, 09:52:21 pm »

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #19157 on: July 2, 2022, 10:07:53 pm »
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19158 on: July 2, 2022, 10:43:45 pm »
Think they're in a worse place now then when they were relegation threatened in the 90s. They're so badly run on and off the pitch, but even so you can never write a cockroach off.

New signings might lift the team and fans for a bit, but making wholesale changes is very risky, especially if you're bringing in bang average players. A brand new CB partnership could leave them very vulnerable.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #19159 on: July 2, 2022, 10:55:55 pm »
How are they going to be able to get new signings, without selling someone like DCL? Richarlison bought them somewhat closer to compliance but there’s still huge issues with their books at present.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez