Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2193698 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #19040 on: July 1, 2022, 11:47:44 am »
Harry Winks is apparently not joining the Bitters after Fat Frank conducted due diligence on the player.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-everton-decide-against-move-for-spurs-man-after-lampards-extensive-due-diligence/amp/

Translation: Everton don’t have a pot to piss in.
Everton due diligence = Consulting the graffiti on the Bullens wall.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19041 on: July 1, 2022, 11:50:14 am »

...I was dissapointed they avoided relegation, thought it might not happen again but now it's looking like they could be scrapping down there again which would be brilliant.

Their fans will be made up. According to them, a relegation scrap is just as good as European football.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19042 on: July 1, 2022, 11:51:59 am »
Their fans will be made up. According to them, a relegation scrap is just as good as European football.
They proved that last season. Must admit I was really envious watching on as they had a glorious relegation battle with Burnley and we had to settle for a couple of trophies a CL final and almost winning the title.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19043 on: July 1, 2022, 11:55:10 am »
I bet the sale of bedsheets and blue paint have gone through the roof on County Road.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #19044 on: July 1, 2022, 12:05:15 pm »
They proved that last season. Must admit I was really envious watching on as they had a glorious relegation battle with Burnley and we had to settle for a couple of trophies a CL final and almost winning the title.

Don't forget more glorious parade too!

A blue bus tours the City met with flares.
No Trophy onboard...but nobody cares.
The fans, they gather outside The Brick.
Blue smoke on County Rd by now is thick!

Another escape from relegation was made.
Hence the victorious open top bus parade.
Their fans sang songs about staying up.
On how that's better than winning the Cup!

The 'Tour' didn't actually go about the Town.
It stuck to County Rd, 10 times up and down!
No winners medals for the players to display.
But their fans wouldn't have it any other way!

The bus driver then had to get more Fuel.
As his bus was now heading out of Liverpool.
So with that in mind he had a tank to fill.
Then set off for the main reception in Rhyl!

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19045 on: July 1, 2022, 12:12:03 pm »

In their shoes it must feel better,remembering their last European campaign where they got tonked home and away and even weaponized toddlers (another Everton first).  :D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19046 on: July 1, 2022, 12:12:42 pm »
Their fans will be made up. According to them, a relegation scrap is just as good as better than European football.

None of that having to travel to far away places, jampacked airports, queues at Passport Control. And most passports are still red anyway.

Just saunter down County Road with a brief stop at the Holy Mural of Bankhall Street and the up to the ground to welcome the team in an enthusiastic and gentlemanly manner ( unlike the wild Kopite behaviour of ‘them’) and finish off with a glorious pitch invasion and the ceremonial baiting of the opposition manager.

Glorious.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #19047 on: July 1, 2022, 02:04:26 pm »

;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19048 on: July 1, 2022, 02:22:18 pm »
None of that having to travel to far away places, jampacked airports, queues at Passport Control. And most passports are still red anyway.

Just saunter down County Road with a brief stop at the Holy Mural of Bankhall Street and the up to the ground to welcome the team in an enthusiastic and gentlemanly manner ( unlike the wild Kopite behaviour of ‘them’) and finish off with a glorious pitch invasion and the ceremonial baiting of the opposition manager.

Glorious.
And let's not forget the joyful attacking of a rival manager on the pitch and smashing up police cars and buses on County Road.

What a time to be alive if you're a Blue. Who needs European football when you have all that? 🤔

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19049 on: July 1, 2022, 03:11:12 pm »
And let's not forget the joyful attacking of a rival manager on the pitch and smashing up police cars and buses on County Road.

What a time to be alive if you're a Blue. Who needs European football when you have all that? 🤔

Unlike the Redshite trip to France where they were the ones getting smashed up by the police.

The Bitters learnt their lesson in that there Lille.

No wonder they’re Euro Septics. And no, that’s not a spelling error. :D

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #19050 on: July 1, 2022, 03:15:53 pm »
Anything to justify that embarrassing pitch invasion.

DVD release pending...

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #19051 on: July 1, 2022, 03:17:42 pm »
As mediocre as Richarlison is and as much as they've fleeced Spurs for the transfer fee, the problem is that the money has fallen to... Everton and they'll do Everton things with it :wave
Linudden.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19052 on: July 1, 2022, 03:21:23 pm »
As mediocre as Richarlison is and as much as they've fleeced Spurs for the transfer fee, the problem is that the money has fallen to... Everton and they'll do Everton things with it :wave
Isn't it just being used to service debt?

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #19053 on: July 1, 2022, 03:22:33 pm »

They're probably better off doing so than spending £50 mil on some no-mark player.
Linudden.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19054 on: July 1, 2022, 03:25:50 pm »
Yes, it's pretty much all gone into the black hole of debt.

They are basically robbing Peter to pay Paul now.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #19055 on: July 1, 2022, 03:29:12 pm »
I have never been more confident that these fuckers will be down the shitter once and for all, 22/23 season.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #19056 on: July 1, 2022, 03:30:48 pm »
It's rumoured to be necessary to satisfy the Premier League cost control and sustainability rules. The same reason has now been suggested for the sale of Digne and the release of James - to get their inflated salaries off the books - but in the (small) minds of their fans, the blame for those was laid at Rafa's door. I always wondered if an element of his appointment was to provide a useful scapegoat for pending bad news.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #19057 on: July 1, 2022, 03:36:46 pm »

Reporter on Radio  Merseyside this morning was still going on about Winks, and transfers taking place now that they had met the deadline. He then went on to say Lampard’s connections with Chelsea bring in players on loan… like Conor Gallagher.
Now I know he has had loans spells under Fat Sam and then Viera, but surely a good young player like that wouldn’t be keen to go out again on loan to a struggling side. Chelsea must realise that he needs to play or be sold now when his stock is pretty high after a good season with Palace.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #19058 on: July 1, 2022, 03:40:02 pm »
Reporter on Radio  Merseyside this morning was still going on about Winks, and transfers taking place now that they had met the deadline. He then went on to say Lampard’s connections with Chelsea bring in players on loan… like Conor Gallagher.
Now I know he has had loans spells under Fat Sam and then Viera, but surely a good young player like that wouldn’t be keen to go out again on loan to a struggling side. Chelsea must realise that he needs to play or be sold now when his stock is pretty high after a good season with Palace.

If back out on loan you'd think Palace again no? Despite the connection of Fatty, Palace are a much better looking side

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #19059 on: July 1, 2022, 03:55:33 pm »
Should we be giving some credit to Kenwright?
£60m for the pigeon prick is pulling Levy's pants down.

(his PL record suggests half of this, and Everton are desperate)

Or is there something fishy going on here...?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19060 on: July 1, 2022, 03:59:18 pm »

Genuinely amazed they got that much, but then Spurs seem to have overpaid in the past so it's not surprising.

I do wonder if they've jigged the Alli deal though to guarantee them more money in the coming years so Spurs know they are going to see a chunk of that £60m back whilst Everton get the bigger figure to go on their books now to keep the PL happy.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #19061 on: July 1, 2022, 04:29:21 pm »
I have never been more confident that these fuckers will be down the shitter once and for all, 22/23 season.

The bottom 3 were absolutely woeful last season, Burnley had one little new manager bounce and barely won a game otherwise. Hodgson and Dean Smith made no impact at Watford and Norwich as mid-season appointments. Lampard was able to get a decent return from home games after the crowd turned from being a poisonous atmosphere to getting behind the team. That made the difference for them in the end as they still lost their away games. If they start poorly they'll be right back on their backs again.

If Fulham and Forest do well it'll be more competitive at the bottom next year. Time will tell on who they sign though. If they went with what they have now they'll be bang in trouble, but they could start spending again now they're in a new financial year/new owners and get some high profile loans as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #19062 on: July 1, 2022, 04:34:16 pm »
£60m for the pigeon prick is pulling Levy's pants down.

(his PL record suggests half of this, and Everton are desperate)

Or is there something fishy going on here...?

Same feller on Radio Merseyside was bemoaning the fact that Everton had to take a serious cut in the asking price for The Pigeon. He was moaning about the fact he was worth much more. Like the Echo, they are scared of upsetting the blue quarter of their audience.
We get a lad who is banging goals in for fun in Europe, and get shit for spending £65m.
Spurs buy this feller who is hardly a prolific scorer for £50m plus £10m in add ons and everywhere you read they are getting a bargain.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #19063 on: July 1, 2022, 04:43:43 pm »
Genuinely amazed they got that much, but then Spurs seem to have overpaid in the past so it's not surprising.

I do wonder if they've jigged the Alli deal though to guarantee them more money in the coming years so Spurs know they are going to see a chunk of that £60m back whilst Everton get the bigger figure to go on their books now to keep the PL happy.

That would rely on either the PL being too thick to notice an open deal, or Levy being naive enough to trust a secret, therefore unenforceable, one. 

So, er , absolutetelly unpossiblish,

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19064 on: July 1, 2022, 04:45:53 pm »
That would rely on either the PL being too thick to notice an open deal, or Levy being naive enough to trust a secret, therefore unenforceable, one. 

Not really. The PL care about this years accounts hitting the target they've set. If Everton found a way to bring in more now but means more going out in later years, then that's not only completely legal and within the PL rules but is quite a creative way to go about it.

The issue would be if Everton cannot increase income in the coming years when those payments become due and the accounts are due to be reported.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #19065 on: July 1, 2022, 04:59:16 pm »
Same feller on Radio Merseyside was bemoaning the fact that Everton had to take a serious cut in the asking price for The Pigeon. He was moaning about the fact he was worth much more. Like the Echo, they are scared of upsetting the blue quarter of their audience.
We get a lad who is banging goals in for fun in Europe, and get shit for spending £65m.
Spurs buy this feller who is hardly a prolific scorer for £50m plus £10m in add ons and everywhere you read they are getting a bargain.

They're lucky Brazil have had a lost generation of talent (pretty much for players now in their 20s), relatively speaking, as he gets a halo from playing for them. He's 25 though and not improved from the player he was at 21-22 when he came here. Brazilian forwards also peak early, typically, so it's not like he's likely to get much better than now.

Nunez is the age Richarlison was when he came here and potential adds to cost. For the player he is now Richarlison is never worth 60 mill but that's the PL tax.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19066 on: July 1, 2022, 05:15:07 pm »
I don't think Richarlison is actually that bad, he's just been fucking around at Everton because he knows they're a waste of time to play for. I wouldn't be shocked if he eases up on the petulance now that he's at a club with some ambitions.

He'll still be a diving prick though.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19067 on: July 1, 2022, 05:16:27 pm »

Marvellous.  :D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19068 on: July 1, 2022, 05:18:44 pm »
They're lucky Brazil have had a lost generation of talent (pretty much for players now in their 20s), relatively speaking, as he gets a halo from playing for them. He's 25 though and not improved from the player he was at 21-22 when he came here. Brazilian forwards also peak early, typically, so it's not like he's likely to get much better than now.

Nunez is the age Richarlison was when he came here and potential adds to cost. For the player he is now Richarlison is never worth 60 mill but that's the PL tax.

Seems dodgy to me. Everton NEEDED to bank £50m by 30th June and they just so happened to receive that amount a day before the deadline. And for a forward with pretty poor goals & assists, and who gave his worst performance during a season where they needed him most.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19069 on: July 1, 2022, 05:26:35 pm »
They can't be getting 50m in one payment, wired across before midnight. Does the fact they'll receive it eventually (over how many years?) mean they satisfy FFP?

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #19070 on: July 1, 2022, 05:39:38 pm »
Exclusivity talks for the Kenyon led group are done and they’re moving on to talk with others :lmao

Whoring themselves about to whatever mugs will take them. Basically.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 05:41:50 pm by gerrardisgod »
AHA!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #19071 on: July 1, 2022, 05:40:21 pm »
paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
The period of exclusivity for takeover talks between Everton and a consortium led by Peter Kenyon has expired and will not be extended. It is understood Everton owner Farhad Moshiri is now moving on from discussions with that group. His commitment is to deliver the stadium.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19072 on: July 1, 2022, 05:42:39 pm »
paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
The period of exclusivity for takeover talks between Everton and a consortium led by Peter Kenyon has expired and will not be extended. It is understood Everton owner Farhad Moshiri is now moving on from discussions with that group. His commitment is to deliver the stadium.

In other words, they wouldn't offer enough to give me the majority of my money back so I'm moving on.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19073 on: July 1, 2022, 05:46:49 pm »
Leeds and Burnley have dropped the threat of legal action against Everton and the Premier League over the Toffees' finances.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62003871

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19074 on: July 1, 2022, 05:47:54 pm »
Bet they're fucking made up with this afternoons news ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19075 on: July 1, 2022, 05:48:29 pm »
Leeds and Burnley have dropped the threat of legal action against Everton and the Premier League over the Toffees' finances.
A complete and utter farce.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19076 on: July 1, 2022, 05:49:22 pm »
A complete and utter farce.
yep. arseholes.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19077 on: July 1, 2022, 05:49:29 pm »
In other words, they wouldn't offer enough to give me the majority of my money back so I'm moving on.

Or part of the agreement with the PL was that Moshiri had to look for investors/funding before 30th June and he’s basically just had those talks. Like when someone applies for a grant and they “prove” they’ve looked for alternative funding through a rejected loan agreement they always knew would fail. 

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19078 on: July 1, 2022, 05:50:13 pm »

Strange.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19079 on: July 1, 2022, 05:54:21 pm »
Or part of the agreement with the PL was that Moshiri had to look for investors/funding before 30th June and he’s basically just had those talks. Like when someone applies for a grant and they “prove” they’ve looked for alternative funding through a rejected loan agreement they always knew would fail.

Strange.

Yup and yup on both counts.

The PL bending over backwards to pretend Everton's losses are within line with those allowable is a complete farce.