Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2195348 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #20520 on: August 11, 2022, 04:15:35 pm »

Exactly.

If they'd learned their lesson, been contrite, and not signed anyone, then you could draw a line under it.

But they're splurging again (albeit on a smaller scale) and giving it the billy big bollocks.

If they’d signed two or three in the positions they need them I could understand.

But they certainly seem to be going for quantity over quality.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #20521 on: August 11, 2022, 04:48:50 pm »

I think this is what their games will look like this year
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20522 on: August 11, 2022, 05:00:45 pm »
Old pic that, says only 25 years

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20523 on: August 11, 2022, 07:20:40 pm »
Old pic that, says only 25 years
Yeah. Good tho that the protest group have their own bus to transport protesters to games.,

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #20524 on: August 11, 2022, 07:24:11 pm »
Did John Terry park that bus or what?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #20525 on: August 11, 2022, 07:25:42 pm »
Did John Terry park that bus or what?

In town to pick up mum?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #20526 on: August 11, 2022, 07:29:19 pm »
More links to Che Adams today. It's a mixture of blind faith 'he'll do a job him' type optimism and pessimism on GOT.

"You don't always need a top striker. Anyone remember Marcus bent, bit of a journeyman when he signed for us. But what a season he had when we qualified for the champions league. Che Adams could be our Marcus bent"

I must have missed that one.

He only scored six fucking goals for them that season  :lmao
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 07:31:44 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20527 on: August 11, 2022, 07:32:42 pm »
More links to Che Adams today. It's a mixture of blind faith 'he'll do a job him' type optimism and pessimism on GOT.

"You don't always need a top striker. Anyone remember Marcus bent, bit of a journeyman when he signed for us. But what a season he had when we qualified for the champions league. Che Adams could be our Marcus bent"

If memory serves the RS Collina deliberately cheated to stop them actually qualifying.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #20528 on: August 11, 2022, 07:37:05 pm »
Qualifying without qualifying?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #20529 on: August 11, 2022, 07:39:42 pm »
If memory serves the RS Collina deliberately cheated to stop them actually qualifying.
I've actually heard it from more than one bitter mouth that because we won the competition in 2005, thus qualifying for the 2005/06 competition (even though we had to appeal), UEFA wanted one of the 5 English sides out, pronto, and that's why the mighty Ev were cheated by the said RS Collina.
Nothing to do with them being shite.   ::)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20530 on: August 11, 2022, 07:45:57 pm »

Collina's final competitive game was a Champions League qualifier between Everton and Villarreal on 24 August 2005. He announced his retirement soon after the game

What a way to go out

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20531 on: August 11, 2022, 07:49:37 pm »
Collina's final competitive game was a Champions League qualifier between Everton and Villarreal on 24 August 2005. He announced his retirement soon after the game

What a way to go out

He saw that shit on display in that game from the Ev and said - fuck it - I'm done if this is the level of teams in the Champions League

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20532 on: August 11, 2022, 07:56:21 pm »
I've actually heard it from more than one bitter mouth that because we won the competition in 2005, thus qualifying for the 2005/06 competition (even though we had to appeal), UEFA wanted one of the 5 English sides out, pronto, and that's why the mighty Ev were cheated by the said RS Collina.
Nothing to do with them being shite.   ::)
There have been 6 major World events in the last 100+ years that have been deliberately engineered and set in motion by a RS deep state conspiracy to prevent the Ev becoming the footballing titans they deserve to be,

World War 1 (Gavrilo Princip RS)
World War 2 (Hitler RS)
FA Cup semi final '77 (Clive Thomas RS)
Heysel (RS hooligans)
Villarreal' 05 (RS Collina)
Russians Invasion of Ukraine (NATO/EU RS)

As you can see, each of these world events was deliberately schemed to coincide with Ev World domination, it's only now after a century we can join the dots of the planet wide RS conspiracy.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #20533 on: August 11, 2022, 07:58:59 pm »
There have been 6 major World events in the last 100+ years that have been deliberately engineered and set in motion by a RS deep state conspiracy to prevent the Ev becoming the footballing titans they deserve to be,

World War 2 (Hitler RS)
Heysel (RS hooligans)

As you can see, each of these world events was deliberately schemed to coincide with Ev World domination, it's only now after a century we can join the dots of the planet wide RS conspiracy.

That looks 100% legit to me.  :o :P

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #20534 on: August 11, 2022, 08:38:40 pm »

World War 2 (Hitler RS)
Heysel (RS hooligans)

Excellent work there AJP RS Taylor ;D

Though hasn't Hitler been confirmed as having been a bitter blue Ev? There was a magazine article about it posted here

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20535 on: August 11, 2022, 08:48:39 pm »

Proof that you don't need to score goals to be a goal scorer - but he is a goalscorer.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20536 on: August 11, 2022, 08:50:55 pm »
I always thought he was a midfielder.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20537 on: August 11, 2022, 09:17:21 pm »
I always thought he was a midfielder.

Well apparently they think he's a goalscoring midfielder. Our defenders will probably score more than him.  Hell, Alisson will probably score more. ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20538 on: August 11, 2022, 09:42:39 pm »
Excellent work there AJP RS Taylor ;D

Though hasn't Hitler been confirmed as having been a bitter blue Ev? There was a magazine article about it posted here

He's deffo a blue, was a pic of him on here on the pitch after the Palace match

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #20539 on: August 11, 2022, 10:02:23 pm »

I reckon that's absolutely conclusive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20540 on: August 11, 2022, 10:40:16 pm »

Pip dressed as Jimmy Cricket always does me in when I see that image.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #20541 on: August 12, 2022, 12:50:15 pm »

World War 2 (Hitler RS)
Heysel (RS hooligans)

You’ve missed off the deliberate seeding of Covid into the population. Unfortunately all those perfectly legitimate calls to freeze the season were ignored and the RS went on to win the Title*.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #20542 on: August 12, 2022, 12:57:08 pm »
Ifithadnerbinfertwoworldwarsclivethomasheyselcollinaputinandcovid....  ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #20543 on: August 12, 2022, 03:15:46 pm »
Went past this before. The stench was awful.

Good job football isn't a summer sport and it'll usually be freezing there but Everton could have been at home tomorrow in theory playing there in 30+ temperatures. Would have had to enforce face masks again.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 03:20:13 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #20544 on: August 12, 2022, 03:37:08 pm »

Good job football isn't a summer sport and it'll usually be freezing there but Everton could have been at home tomorrow in theory playing there in 30+ temperatures. Would have had to enforce face masks again.
They like to boast about their "large" local fanbase but a staggering number of them seem to be unaware of, or burying their heads in the sand about, the waste treatment works. When (if?) it gets completed, the moaning is going to be off the scale when the aroma hits home  ;D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #20545 on: August 12, 2022, 03:43:49 pm »
They like to boast about their "large" local fanbase but a staggering number of them seem to be unaware of, or burying their heads in the sand about, the waste treatment works. When (if?) it gets completed, the moaning is going to be off the scale when the aroma hits home  ;D

They'll have to pump-in creosote fumes to both mask the stench and make them feel more at home
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20546 on: August 12, 2022, 03:45:02 pm »

My stomach has hit my throat a few times driving past Sandon Dock. It's not always bad, but when it is, you know about it.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20547 on: August 12, 2022, 03:45:25 pm »
This assumes it's going ahead at all.

Has Moshki-la managed to do the impossible and secure funding for the white elephant?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20548 on: August 12, 2022, 03:47:22 pm »
Come on now Rita. It's on the banks of the Mersey  ::)

Chernobyl could be next door and it wouldn't matter to the blue quarter. And yes, it is a quarter.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20549 on: August 12, 2022, 03:53:20 pm »

They'll need gas masks down there, never mind face masks.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20550 on: August 12, 2022, 03:56:28 pm »
This assumes it's going ahead at all.

Has Moshki-la managed to do the impossible and secure funding for the white elephant?
I assume that if they ever get funding for it the blue Echo will be all over it. As yet nothing has been announced.

Our neighbour is a Blue and a steward at both Anfield and the pit. He said they all got invited down to BMD to have a look round. His face was a picture. "Some concrete, some steels" and he rolled his eyes. He admitted ticket prices would have to rise dramatically and they'll need to sell naming rights. He also said they'd bought the Terry's Timber site. No word on whether or not Terry's would be providing the wood for the build to help them feel at home. Anyway, he was a bit puzzled as to why they were invited down there to see a very early stages building site. He wasn't impressed.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20551 on: August 12, 2022, 04:38:57 pm »
I assume that if they ever get funding for it the blue Echo will be all over it. As yet nothing has been announced.

Our neighbour is a Blue and a steward at both Anfield and the pit. He said they all got invited down to BMD to have a look round. His face was a picture. "Some concrete, some steels" and he rolled his eyes. He admitted ticket prices would have to rise dramatically and they'll need to sell naming rights. He also said they'd bought the Terry's Timber site. No word on whether or not Terry's would be providing the wood for the build to help them feel at home. Anyway, he was a bit puzzled as to why they were invited down there to see a very early stages building site. He wasn't impressed.

Seems a lot more than 'just a bit of concrete and steel'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQonxNxKUW8

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20552 on: August 12, 2022, 04:40:51 pm »

what a slow slow build this is. Also looks like it's going to be a very small stadium and cost 500m+ - wow.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #20553 on: August 12, 2022, 04:44:00 pm »
what a slow slow build this is. Also looks like it's going to be a very small stadium and cost 500m+ - wow.

On the train this week and I still can't believe how cramped it looks. I know the streets around Goodison are similar- is that the inspiration??

Seems a slow build.

I reckon they are getting to a certain point and then will flog it or get funding, whatever the plan is. If indeed there is one.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20554 on: August 12, 2022, 04:49:53 pm »

I presume to ultimately flatten it and expand the BMD complex over the road.  If so it would be a shame as the timber yard has been there forever (certainly since I was a little kid) and is a rare pleasant smell if you walk or cycle down that way.

I think the ground has come on more than I thought it would and I hope they finish it.  I'm not sure it's the "game changer" some make it out to be as Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Bolton, Coventry, Derby etc. have found in recent years.  They do need to get out of Goodison though.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20555 on: August 12, 2022, 05:13:01 pm »

That was how he described it after being on the site.

He was more interested in talking about his holiday than the ground though.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #20556 on: August 12, 2022, 05:20:47 pm »
No! Surely Terry's Timber can't fall victim to blueshite expansionism?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20557 on: August 12, 2022, 05:21:09 pm »
I presume to ultimately flatten it and expand the BMD complex over the road.  If so it would be a shame as the timber yard has been there forever (certainly since I was a little kid) and is a rare pleasant smell if you walk or cycle down that way.

I think the ground has come on more than I thought it would and I hope they finish it.  I'm not sure it's the "game changer" some make it out to be as Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Bolton, Coventry, Derby etc. have found in recent years.  They do need to get out of Goodison though.
I love the smell of wood. My late dad used to be a joiner, so the smell of wood was always in the house.

Talking about being a game changer. I wonder how they'll take it once the realisation kicks that it's just same old shite, different location?

Off the top of my head I can't think of a club whose fortunes have changed dramatically for the better due to having a new stadium. Particularly one that saddles them with a monumental debt to repay.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20558 on: August 12, 2022, 05:26:39 pm »
On the train this week and I still can't believe how cramped it looks. I know the streets around Goodison are similar- is that the inspiration??

Seems a slow build.

I reckon they are getting to a certain point and then will flog it or get funding, whatever the plan is. If indeed there is one.
I'm amazed they've got this far, given that they don't actually have the funding to fully build it and fit it out.

Moshilad's bank account must be taking a pasting just getting it this far along.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #20559 on: August 12, 2022, 05:31:21 pm »

Seems a slow build.

At least there's a lot of hustle and bustle around Goodison. Residential streets, County Road, a plethora of boozers etc (like with Anfield). This 'iconic location' is wastelands with that one little boozer over the road. All the talk of fan zones at the site but who wants to stand around in the cold and freeze of the Mersey, or with the stench of the sewer on a hot day?

No doubt they'll try and knock the wall down and fill in the neighbouring dock once it's built.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season