Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2192863 times)

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #19320 on: July 7, 2022, 05:38:14 pm »
Everton should be looking for cheap players on the up in the Championship and France, northern Europe. They keep buying already rich, expensive, high-earning failures from other clubs because they think somehow it will bring them some lustre. Fools.
Their fans seem to regard the Profit and Sustainability Rules as holding them back when, in fact, they may have saved them from an even greater financial predicament due to imcompetence at board level.
To be able to compete with the Sportswashing Oil cheats, you have to get absolutely everything right - first team recruitment, academy, commercial income, match day revenue, managerial appointments (footballing and non-footballing). What FSG have done - and done well - is to improve all of those things in "baby steps" rather than focussing on one. It's meant that where mistakes have been made, they've not been catastrophic and by improving all aspects of the club we've been able to absorb unforseen events such as the pandemic. Everton have instead gambled on huge leaps - firstly throwing huge sums at first team recruitment a la Leeds and now embarking on a massive build that they clearly cannot afford and for which the returns may be seriously optimistic. Arguably if Moshiri had just focussed initially on player recruitment that was absolutely necessary (replacement for Lukaku and backup for aging full backs), appointed a top class CEO with lots of business contacts, extended the Park End into a "Dortmund Wall" style home end and replaced the old-boys club at Finch Farm with some decent youth coaches, they'd be better off and it may not have cost him any more.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19321 on: July 7, 2022, 06:13:43 pm »

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #19322 on: July 7, 2022, 06:29:14 pm »
^Ken Loach has let himself go
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #19323 on: July 7, 2022, 06:34:13 pm »
Their team is shit, their club has no money, they have wasted any money they did have on shocking laughable recrutiment, and they are nailed on for another relegation battle and their manager is a fucking Tory.

The Loons at GoT are talking about Inhalers. ::)
The blues ain't go no money, but they'll still win the transfer window?
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #19324 on: July 7, 2022, 07:23:41 pm »
The blues ain't go no money, but they'll still win the transfer window?

I think they are currently trying to make Broja a world beater

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19325 on: July 7, 2022, 08:03:08 pm »
Better than Darwin Nunez?

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19326 on: July 7, 2022, 08:11:27 pm »
Better than Darwin Nunez?

Of course yeah, look, he's had experience of top flight football...err...playing in a great team...umm...under a great manager...erm...and right, he has slightly longer legs so his movement is clearly better and err shut up redshite, ASTHMA cheats!!!!!

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19327 on: July 7, 2022, 08:21:58 pm »

Got a world class chin on him,looks deadly.

Talking seriously he's very young,has looked reasonably mobile and obviously is tall and strong but needs to add a lot more to his game to become anything more than an occasional threat in the PL imo.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19328 on: July 7, 2022, 08:23:37 pm »
Of course yeah, look, he's had experience of top flight football...err...playing in a great team...umm...under a great manager...erm...and right, he has slightly longer legs so his movement is clearly better and err shut up redshite, ASTHMA cheats!!!!!
The Everton board get it right yet again?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19329 on: July 7, 2022, 08:32:11 pm »
The Everton board get it right yet again?

Have they ever gotten anything wrong

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #19330 on: July 7, 2022, 10:40:21 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #19331 on: July 8, 2022, 12:42:25 am »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19332 on: July 8, 2022, 02:42:15 am »
Their fans seem to regard the Profit and Sustainability Rules as holding them back when, in fact, they may have saved them from an even greater financial predicament due to imcompetence at board level.
To be able to compete with the Sportswashing Oil cheats, you have to get absolutely everything right - first team recruitment, academy, commercial income, match day revenue, managerial appointments (footballing and non-footballing). What FSG have done - and done well - is to improve all of those things in "baby steps" rather than focussing on one. It's meant that where mistakes have been made, they've not been catastrophic and by improving all aspects of the club we've been able to absorb unforseen events such as the pandemic. Everton have instead gambled on huge leaps - firstly throwing huge sums at first team recruitment a la Leeds and now embarking on a massive build that they clearly cannot afford and for which the returns may be seriously optimistic. Arguably if Moshiri had just focussed initially on player recruitment that was absolutely necessary (replacement for Lukaku and backup for aging full backs), appointed a top class CEO with lots of business contacts, extended the Park End into a "Dortmund Wall" style home end and replaced the old-boys club at Finch Farm with some decent youth coaches, they'd be better off and it may not have cost him any more.

It could definitely be argued that the P&S rules have gone a long way in saving them from themselves. Moshiri and his merry men seem hell-bent on a financial suicide mission. The fans should thank their lucky stars that they've ''been held back'' because even as it stands they are in all kinds of trouble.

As always, their overriding problem has been their pathological obsession with us. Their fans' reaction to our new Main Stand going up forced the clubs hand. They simply had to come up with something to appease the increasingly restless natives. Enter the utterly ludicrous BMD project that they know full well they cannot afford. They've since become so engrossed in that vanity project that they will do everything they can to get it built, even if it bankrupts them completely.

It's the same on the pitch too. They look across the park every waking moment and see us with Klopp. A trophy room choc-full of every club trophy it is possible to win and our fans now enjoying major finals most seasons. In the face of all that, they can't and won't wait and cannot accept patience. They need it all, and they need it yesterday.

It's been said a million times before and it will be said a million times in future; it's their ridiculous obsession with all things LFC that is absolutely killing them. Everything they do is reactionary, and in reaction to what we do. Problem is, we may be from the same city and play in the same league, but we are on different planets as football clubs. If they keep  this farcical obsession going they will always be compelled to overreach themselves, making bad decision after bad decision in the process.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #19335 on: July 8, 2022, 07:04:32 pm »
Copycat

Damn!

:'(

(sorry, missed yours - was amazed nobody had posted it yet  ;D)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #19336 on: July 8, 2022, 08:25:37 pm »
So, they've sold the diving pidgeon just to keep the club afloat.

They are looking to sell the only asset they have produced in decades in Gordon (though no-one is willing to pay the mad price they are asking)

Mina, Allan and others are on the market if anyone dumb enough would make a bid due their wages?

They still figure they are not in relegation battle?

They are still carrying the hope of building the stadium, while not having the finances even to carry the wages of their current squad?

This could be the year that the unflushable turd gets flushed.

This will end up with them signing a Finn, so I'll have to support them for that. Dick hea**

Long live Moshiri

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #19337 on: July 8, 2022, 09:57:12 pm »
Jurgen and Lampard have an interview together on Radio Merseyside.

The interviewer asks Lampard: "So what are your plans for the 2022/2023 season?"

Lampard replies: "To stay in the premier league".

At which point the interviewer turns to Jurgen and asks: "Jurgen what are you plans for the 2022/2023 season?".

To which Jurgen replies: "To win the Premier league, the FA cup, the Champions League and the League cup."

The interview is astounded and asks Jurgen: "Aren't you being a little too optimistic?".

To which Jurgen replies: "Yes mate, but Lampard started it".
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19338 on: July 8, 2022, 11:05:45 pm »

Damn!

:'(

(sorry, missed yours - was amazed nobody had posted it yet  ;D)
Just pulling your leg, mate, it's worth posting twice! ;D

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19339 on: July 8, 2022, 11:06:30 pm »

The interviewer asks Lampard: "So what are your plans for the 2022/2023 season?"

At which point the interviewer turns to Jurgen and asks: "Jurgen what are you plans for the 2022/2023 season?".

To which Jurgen replies: "To win the Premier league, the FA cup, the Champions League and the League cup."

The interview is astounded and asks Jurgen: "Aren't you being a little too optimistic?".

:lmao

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19340 on: July 8, 2022, 11:40:18 pm »

:lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #19341 on: July 9, 2022, 05:27:17 am »
So, they've sold the diving pidgeon just to keep the club afloat.

They are looking to sell the only asset they have produced in decades in Gordon (though no-one is willing to pay the mad price they are asking)

Mina, Allan and others are on the market if anyone dumb enough would make a bid due their wages?

They still figure they are not in relegation battle?

They are still carrying the hope of building the stadium, while not having the finances even to carry the wages of their current squad?

This could be the year that the unflushable turd gets flushed.

This will end up with them signing a Finn, so I'll have to support them for that. Dick hea**

Long live Moshiri

Is gordon really that level though? He basically has loads of pace and dives frequently to win set pieces. His decision making is poor and he is not clinical or a great passer. I just dont get why he's suddenly rated so highly. Ismaila Sarr had far more to his game and I think he's a mid table player at best. Gordon can look good for a team that sits deep and punts it long for him to chase but are there really that many teams that play that way and would be able to pay the asking price?

Calvert Lewin I can see some sense in. He can be a decent option for quite a few teams, and so too with Gray, who I think was their best and most dangerous player last season, but apart from that, its hard to spot a decent premier league quality player in their squad, and gordon doesnt appear to me as one either.

Online btroom

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19342 on: July 9, 2022, 10:03:04 am »
i'm no expert but compared to our new stand doesn't seem much goin on these stands.

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1545679149448265728

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #19343 on: July 9, 2022, 10:42:57 am »
So has Fat Frank won them the transfer trophy yet?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #19344 on: July 9, 2022, 10:55:41 am »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?

Online cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #19346 on: July 9, 2022, 11:24:37 am »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19347 on: July 9, 2022, 12:40:21 pm »
'our starboy' ??? wtf haha

hahaha - I saw that as well. Comedy.

He's such a basic player.

In fact - he's Dan James of the Everton variety.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19348 on: July 9, 2022, 12:45:27 pm »
https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1545696761422954496

What is going on at this club?
Calvert Lewin? No problem, he’s a good looking lad and can carry it off.

This ginger freak? He looks like he’s been kidnapped and styled by Paddington and Rupert the Bear’s stylist, before being released into nursery care.
That’s genuinely genuinely embarrassing.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19349 on: July 9, 2022, 12:53:35 pm »
It's like they are all trying too hard to be some sort of fashion icons.

Granted - who knows if they are being sponsored and paid to wear these "clothes" - and fine fine they are free to do whatever the hell they want of course ....

But damn if they don't look like complete morons.

(That includes our quasi fashionistas like Trent).

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #19350 on: July 9, 2022, 01:03:13 pm »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #19351 on: July 9, 2022, 01:04:57 pm »
Why has no one realised Gordon is crap?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19352 on: July 9, 2022, 01:15:00 pm »

Same reason they can't see Southgate is crap

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19353 on: July 9, 2022, 01:22:01 pm »
He’s their best player! Leave him alone!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #19354 on: July 9, 2022, 01:39:56 pm »
He’s their best player! Leave him alone!
He probably is and that’s cause for serious concern for the Blueshite.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19355 on: July 9, 2022, 03:47:06 pm »

He's a moron

Online Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19356 on: July 9, 2022, 04:13:40 pm »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19357 on: July 9, 2022, 04:25:09 pm »
Same reason they can't see Southgate is crap
Gordon wears a waistcoat?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19358 on: July 9, 2022, 04:29:40 pm »
Ok, I admit I've not watched a BS game that doesn't involve us since the 1980s, so can't say I've ever noticed this fella apart from in the recent derby. But the only thing I ever hear said about him is in relation to diving.

Is he really the best they've got coming through? 🤔

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19359 on: July 9, 2022, 04:31:53 pm »
i'm no expert but compared to our new stand doesn't seem much goin on these stands.

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1545679149448265728

I’m sure it’ll make more sense once it’s built, but I still can’t get my head around how tight it looks around the ground, and everyone has to use essentially the same exit.