Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2194731 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Mostly speculation from me to be honest, but the Chelsea sale is in doubt which could (how likely I don't know) mean Chelsea folding / being kicked out of competitions if theres no sale by a certain deadline
Is it in doubt???

Edit… just seen the story
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 07:15:00 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
The thing is, I can't see them picking up any points from their next 2 games. Crystal Palace and Arsenal aren't exactly easy fixtures, and the latter are gunning for Champions League football.

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Have they written to the PGMOL yet about yesterday’s game?

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Mostly speculation from me to be honest, but the Chelsea sale is in doubt which could (how likely I don't know) mean Chelsea folding / being kicked out of competitions if theres no sale by a certain deadline
Oh, right. Interesting. Cheers mate

On another note. All that money that Chelsea loaned from RA. Wasnt there some on here saying that theyll have broken FFP rules regarding spending if theyre taken over ? Has anyone in the media mentioned this at all?

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
From ESPN

Everton 2-3 Brentford
Possible penalty: Foul by Ajer on Richarlison

What happened: Everton were 1-0 up when Kristoffer Ajer grabbed the shirt of Richarlison inside the area. Referee Michael Oliver allowed play to continue, and directly from that, Everton's Jarrad Branthwaite was sent off for bringing down Ivan Toney when he was through on goal.

VAR decision: The VAR, Darren England, advised the referee there was no clear and obvious error not to award a penalty. Also, it was decided there was no mistake in showing the red card to Branthwaite for denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity (DOGSO).

VAR review: Taken in isolation, it's doubtful that the Richarlison incident would have been talked about quite so much. That it led directly to a red card for another Everton player brings it into sharper focus.

It's important to understand the VAR protocol, how and why decisions are made. When the incident happens, the VAR will begin a check immediately, and he will ask Oliver to describe what he has seen. Oliver told the VAR that he felt there was holding by both players (though obviously to a greater degree by Ajer), and for that reason there was no foul. If the VAR believes this description fits the replays, he will not advise the referee he has made a mistake.

The mere act of holding or pulling a shirt is not an offence; holding only occurs when a player's contact with an opponent's body or equipment impedes movement.

The still images of the shirt pull are far more damning than the video evidence, as the latter suggests the holding was not prolonged or that it greatly impacted Richarlison. It means that if the referee has seen the holding, it's highly unlikely the VAR will get involved to advise a penalty; at the same time, if Oliver had given a penalty it wouldn't have been overturned.

In the Premier League, which has a high threshold for interventions, it was decided that the referee had not made a clear error -- but many will disagree and believe the VAR should have intervened.

If the VAR had advised there should be a penalty to Everton, then the red card to Branthwaite would have been cancelled. It means Everton could have been 2-0 up with 11 men, rather than 1-0 up with 10.

As for the red card to Branthwaite, the VAR checked that the dismissal was correct but it was never going to get overturned. Unfortunately for the 19-year-old, that he didn't mean to foul Ivan Toney doesn't matter where a red card for DOGSO is concerned. As with the red shown to Arsenal's David Luiz at Wolves last season, even incidental contact that denies a clear goal-scoring chance will result in a dismissal.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The PL ha an agenda against them and wants them relegated. Which is why as far back as yesterday, Burnley had a soft penalty given against them. It’s why Leeds had been given two red cards in two games recently too. All to make sure the grand conspiracy is upheld.. no hang on, it’s bollocks isn’t it. Sorry about that.

If the PL actually had an agenda against them, then the PL would have handed out an appropriate punishment for their ffp failure and the fact that they didn't do so trumps any claims of bias against them, but they are too fucking think to notice that and whine about not getting penalties every time their divers dive.  ::)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
You can hear frank sharpening his crayons from here...

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
If the PL actually had an agenda against them, then the PL would have handed out an appropriate punishment for their ffp failure and the fact that they didn't do so trumps any claims of bias against them, but they are too fucking think to notice that and whine about not getting penalties every time their divers dive.  ::)
Nothing that goes in their favour is ever taken into account when making up stories about everything being against them. They will cry about things we've done that they themselves have done, hypocrites the lot of them.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Nothing that goes in their favour is ever taken into account when making up stories about everything being against them. They will cry about things we've done that they themselves have done, hypocrites the lot of them.
You never get them at Anfield was what Lampard said and they all lapped it up, must’ve had collective amnesia about the 2 very generous ones they did get.

No one calls out bullshit any more, the media just repeat the lines they are given.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
Take note, Frankie. This is how you play and win against Arsenal.: Your top striker needs to have his front tooth knocked out, and that correlates to a win. Ok?
Now do it!
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
Everyone associated with Everton must be wondering how Newcastle spend 100m and are close to playing top 4 footy. Meanwhile they have spend 500m and are playing bottom 4 football.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Everyone associated with Everton must be wondering how Newcastle spend 100m and are close to playing top 4 footy. Meanwhile they have spend 500m and are playing bottom 4 football.

Their toxic fans at home when they’re losing are worth -10/15 pts every season

It’s like the opposite of Anfield
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Their toxic fans at home when they’re losing are worth -10/15 pts every season

It’s like the opposite of Anfield
Due to the recent derby and the increasingly disgusting behavior of so many of their fans, the topic of Everton has actually come up a few times with people I know. They aren't normally on our radar as a topic of conversation, but when they have just recently, every single person has said the same thing: Their fans are their biggest problem.

It's difficult to argue against that opinion too. It's all well and good adopting 'kopite behaviour' and actually getting behind your team for a few end of season games when you are shitting it over possible relegation, but where the hell is that support the rest of the season?

They're all patting themselves on the back after copying our bus welcomes and lobbing a few smoke bombs at passing cars carrying families of Liverpool fans, but where the fuck is their support all season when Goodison is a cesspit of booing and negativity?

It's crystal clear their home 'support' costs them points, and it's no coincidence they did better without their fans in the stadium throughout the pandemic.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
With Arsenal showing they are capable of shitting the bed in any pressure game, looks like they may be able to kick this can down the road for another season.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
I believe they can do it. I have faith that they can put just some simple feet wrong as per all season, one after another, and go from there from strength to strength until they manage to lose both games whilst creating a  rapidly expanding frenzy of rancor and bile that they can be truly proud of, team and fan base alike.

Many writing these off to soon with this "statistically unlikely" and "its gonna be hard Leeds need a win for starters" stuff. these fuckers could probably manufacture a points deduction somehow, they are that dire of a football team. Freaking holgate putting together a 3 match run where he played like an average prem defender instead of the worst one except his teammates is saving them at the mo. Thats it!

No way they win against cp. nope. even though Palace has the sun tan lotion slathered on and umbrella drinks ordered.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Viera has Palace playing decent football. Theyre entertaining to watch, but when the misery rocks up to play them I foresee some more red cards. Its all the misery has in their locker. Brutality, disruption and negativity. Theyre the Kryptonite of football. Their travelling support are like a bad smell oozing down to S London from Rhyll. I hope Palace smash them and delouse them.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
You can hear frank sharpening his crayons from here...
🤣

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Viera has Palace playing decent football. Theyre entertaining to watch, but when the misery rocks up to play them I foresee some more red cards. Its all the misery has in their locker. Brutality, disruption and negativity. Theyre the Kryptonite of football. Their travelling support are like a bad smell oozing down to S London from Rhyll. I hope Palace smash them and delouse them.

It's at Goodison mate.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
It's at Goodison mate.

Aye. Not that it did them any good against Brentford.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
It's at Goodison mate.

Oops. thanks. :D I still want Palace to smash them. Our office is 50% Palace, 50% other teams. I guess the travelling Palace fans will need to be deloused afterwards to remove the stench from Woodison.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6zkL91LzCMc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6zkL91LzCMc</a>

:lmao

I'd forgotten about that episode
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Toffeeweb is in full fume mode, mainly blaming us and the rest of the Sky Six.

Interestingly they were castigating Micheal Oliver for sending off Branthwaite ( I must admit some sympathy for the lad - imagine that happening to Rhys Williams last season when he was one of our only two fit centre backs?) and were mumbling that if it was ‘St Virg’ nothing would have happened as it would have been explained away as a simple ‘coming together’.

The same Micheal Oliver who didn’t send of Pickford for serious violent conduct. Some conspiracy.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Tony Snell just doing a piece on Merseyside about the Blackpool lad, with a rep from Rainbow Toffees. Great piece on how he hopes this will become a non story in the future if peoples attitudes change. To conclude the piece he then started moaning about penalties and sending offs, and about how they need to even themselves out in the last game.
I like Snelly as he has always backed the Hillsborough campaign, and he is usually quite funny about the perils of being a blue, but that was a moan too far, considering the racist abuse, and I even saw someone today saying they were mimicking heart attacks when Ericsson was taking corners.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Again, the decisions needing to even themselves is laughable considering Richarlison avoided a red card in the derby for his tackle on Henderson and for lobbing a smoke bomb against Chelsea. If he'd been sent off in the derby, he wouldn't have played against Chelsea, a match in which he scored the winner

Offline wet echo

• trapped paper puncher in need of a work out
  • Kopite
They are planning to target as many hotels around the city with fireworks…imagine if this was us

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm pretty one eyed when it comes to us, think old style football echo match report. But even I will try and balance ones we perhaps got away with against the ones we didn't get. The majority of comments from blues paint Richarlison for example as someone on the receiving end of poor decisions without the slightest hint of acknowledgement of all the stuff he gets away with.

But they still go on about tackles that Gerrard put in decades ago, the Kuyt challenge, the one where Suraez went down the heels of one of theirs etc. But again will overlook some of the horrific challenges that have actually caused serious injury plus the ones were our players were lucky to escape injury.

Respect to the minority that try to apply a bit of balance.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
They are planning to target as many hotels around the city with fireworks…imagine if this was us
They'd be writing to the Chief Constable demanding action if it was us doing it.

When it's them, there is no boundaries on what they get up to. It's all fair game, apparently.  ::)

Rampant hypocrites.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
Toffeeweb is in full fume mode, mainly blaming us and the rest of the Sky Six.

Interestingly they were castigating Micheal Oliver for sending off Branthwaite ( I must admit some sympathy for the lad - imagine that happening to Rhys Williams last season when he was one of our only two fit centre backs?) and were mumbling that if it was ‘St Virg’ nothing would have happened as it would have been explained away as a simple ‘coming together’.

The same Micheal Oliver who didn’t send of Pickford for serious violent conduct. Some conspiracy.
Their victim complex knows no bounds.

It's amazing how we are to blame for everything, too. I can't believe just how powerful and influential we actually are. Unless we have the misfortune of drawing them in the cups, we play them twice a season. That's 180 minutes out of a football year. Despite only having direct contact with them for this miniscule amount of time, we live inside their heads 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and absolutely every failing of theirs is actually our fault. Now that's some feat on our part.

Amazing stuff. All we need to do, apparently, is exist, and our mere presence assures their abject failure. We render them, apparently, totally helpless and without any influence on their own destiny. It's all on us. Well, I knew LFC were a powerful entity, but I never realised we were this powerful.

Mind you, it's not all bad for our Welsh cousins. Acceptance is a good thing. Now they've clearly accepted that it's all our fault, and that Everton are spineless, gutless, helpless and hopeless, they can move on...

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Had to laugh on Sunday when one of my blue mates in a whatsapp group said I'm toxic because I want them to go down when exactly 24 hours before he was cheering Chelsea on in the FA Cup final. They are a genuinely thick fanbase.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
Had to laugh on Sunday when one of my blue mates in a whatsapp group said I'm toxic because I want them to go down when exactly 24 hours before he was cheering Chelsea on in the FA Cup final. They are a genuinely thick fanbase.
Self-awareness is clearly not his best subject.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town

Let's hope they stay in Haydock then
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Self-awareness is clearly not his best subject.

any awareness, really.

next they will be asking why Liverpool supporters are booing the anthem.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
any awareness, really.

next they will be asking why Liverpool supporters are booing the anthem.

Saw one blue today asking Peter Reid why he thought it was OK to boo the anthem.
Reid was deffo pro booing.

• Legacy Fan

Let's hope they stay in Haydock then

Doesn’t matter where they stay. They managed to track Wimbledon down to Daresbury so never under estimate their detective abilities.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Saw one blue today asking Peter Reid why he thought it was OK to boo the anthem.
Reid was deffo pro booing.

Not surprised he is

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

But if you said you want them to stay up you'd be patronising, you can't win.

I said to a blue yesterday i'd just be glad to get rid of the toxic derby more than anything and he went into a rant about how it was our fault it was toxic and started going on about Fowler's celebration and Barmby winding them up and that James Pearce article in the Echo about 10 years ago. Didn't mention them hounding Fowler for years before then (to get that reaction) or the die die Nicky chant that preceded it. It's always got to be down to us.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

• Legacy Fan
Toffeeweb has forensically examined all the wrong calls gone their way this season, fair enough but for each alleged refereeing error they have to compare it with an ‘advantage’ we’ve gained.

The underlying conspiracy seems to be that the PL want to relegate them so that the Sky Six darling - that’s us - is the only team in the City.

If the PL really wanted to relegate them just dock them points for their clumsy financial shenanigans rather than involve the whole of PGMOL in a wide ranging conspiracy.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Toffeeweb has forensically examined all the wrong calls gone their way this season, fair enough but for each alleged refereeing error they have to compare it with an ‘advantage’ we’ve gained.

The underlying conspiracy seems to be that the PL want to relegate them so that the Sky Six darling - that’s us - is the only team in the City.

If the PL really wanted to relegate them just dock them points for their clumsy financial shenanigans rather than involve the whole of PGMOL in a wide ranging conspiracy.

Amazing they think people actually care about them that much. They've gone from "Will everton be relegated?!" to not being mentioned again now they are looking safe. They'll start next season again being ignored in all the podcasts, apart from when Lampard does he weird interview thing.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

....and let me guess, ignoring the many that haven't gone our way?

I love the way Mane and Trent in the derby have now entered the annals of definite red cards that should've been given, completely airbrushing some of the antics of their players from the discussion and becoming yet another universal truth among the blues.