Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 542553 times)

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #4000 on: October 19, 2022, 02:12:01 am »
Losing Jota on top of Diaz for an incredibly busy part of the season was entirely predictable with how the start of our season has gone.  The silver lining is the opportunity it gives to Darwin and/or Carvalho.

On the World Cup it's sad for him and I've got a lot of empathy for him.  There's a bit of poetic justice in Portgual being without him after they left us without him for three months due to the bloody Nations League.  It also removes any concerns about wanting Portugal to do well - without Jota and with the team of arrogant snides they have I'd be happy to see them get smashed.  The thought of Ronaldo lifting a World Cup in Qatar is like dystopia.

:lmao So true.

Hard luck for Diogo. Will any of our forwards make it to and start in Qatar? Salah DNQ, Diaz DNQ & now injured, Jota injured, Firmino (?), Mane gone. That leaves Nunez as the most likely representative from our forward line and maybe Carvalho as a sub. Looking forward to cheering on...Uruguay.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4001 on: October 19, 2022, 03:06:59 am »
I feel bad for him, had a set back before the season started and then a freak injury in the city game. Looks like he just overextended and pulled his calf muscle

Sucks he misses out on his first world cup too though I am thankful for the mid season break so Diaz and Jota dont miss near as many games as they would have

Jota has also been sublime since returning, suits the deep forward role or wide mid role so much in the new 4-4-2

Hopefully has a good recovery and ready to go after the world cup same as Diaz

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4002 on: October 19, 2022, 03:08:24 am »
We are cursed by the god of injury….
Believer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4003 on: October 19, 2022, 09:13:04 am »

Darren Anderthor?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4004 on: October 19, 2022, 01:13:34 pm »

Its nothing new and has been working its magic for years, cast your mind back to permanently injured Ledley King and Abou Diaby always making miraculous recoveries just in time to put in 90 mins against us :lmao

Offline James...

• Main Stander
« Reply #4005 on: October 21, 2022, 06:26:30 pm »
Klopp using the ‘good wife waiting for a husband in prison’ line for Jota’s recovery.

Used it twice before that I can remember. Ox after Roma and Van Dijk after Everton.

Think we might be looking at a grade 3 calf tear so 4 months potentially.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #4006 on: October 21, 2022, 06:30:18 pm »
Klopp using the ‘good wife waiting for a husband in prison’ line for Jota’s recovery.

Used it twice before that I can remember. Ox after Roma and Van Dijk after Everton.

Think we might be looking at a grade 3 calf tear so 4 months potentially.

I think it's closer to 2-3 months with no surgury required. No confirmation but grade 3 seems likely.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4007 on: October 21, 2022, 06:31:09 pm »
I think it's closer to 2-3 months with no surgury required. No confirmation but grade 3 seems likely.

So hopefully back for Bixing Day, along with Diaz and, more than likely, Keita.

Edit - just realised it’s only two months to Boxing Day!

Should be back in time for next stage of CL, assuming our depleted forwards can get us through.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4008 on: October 21, 2022, 06:35:05 pm »
So hopefully back for Bixing Day, along with Diaz and, more than likely, Keita.

Edit - just realised it’s only two months to Boxing Day!

Should be back in time for next stage of CL, assuming our depleted forwards can get us through.

Jota is something of a fix in the bix...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4009 on: October 21, 2022, 06:38:12 pm »
Jota is something of a fix in the bix...

Jammy Dodgers or Ginger?

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #4010 on: October 21, 2022, 08:03:34 pm »
These days injuries disappoint me a lot more than defeats.

The possibility of Jota being out for most of the season is just so upsetting that i'm barely excited for the upcoming games.

Mané, Firmino & Salah really spoiled us in that department - they were unbreakable injury wise

Like 2020/21, you just gotta firm it and accept that there's always some b*llshit waiting in the corner.

The change is cast

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4011 on: October 29, 2022, 03:34:38 pm »
Do we have any details of how long he’s out for? 

Anywhere between 6 weeks and three months form what Klopp had said..

There must be a more accurate prognosis?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4012 on: October 29, 2022, 05:51:17 pm »
Do we have any details of how long he’s out for? 

Anywhere between 6 weeks and three months form what Klopp had said..

There must be a more accurate prognosis?

yes 45-90 days

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4013 on: October 29, 2022, 06:57:26 pm »
yes 45-90 days
They must know more, it’s an enormous range
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4014 on: October 29, 2022, 07:23:44 pm »

I am no Welshred, but sometimes dont things develop as they go through rehab?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4015 on: October 31, 2022, 09:16:52 pm »
well maybe they don't want to mismanage expectations, or put pressure on players to rush back. 

to be honest I can't see what difference it makes, Tepid. 

even if they gave a specific day and time ... doesn't mean he'll deffo be available then - he's back when he's back.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4016 on: October 31, 2022, 09:23:21 pm »
well maybe they don't want to mismanage expectations, or put pressure on players to rush back. 

to be honest I can't see what difference it makes, Tepid. 

even if they gave a specific day and time ... doesn't mean he'll deffo be available then - he's back when he's back.
There usually an expectation given though…

In this case it makes the difference between him being back when the league resumes and being back a few weeks later
W

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4017 on: October 31, 2022, 09:25:10 pm »

In this case it makes the difference between him being back when the league resumes and being back a few weeks later

true, but maybe they simply don't know.

the sooner the better of course......

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4018 on: October 31, 2022, 11:11:15 pm »
I’m still cursing that injury at the end of the City game. That knocked the stuffing out of our momentum. Given our squad situation, this was one injury too much.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4019 on: October 31, 2022, 11:18:30 pm »
I’m still cursing that injury at the end of the City game. That knocked the stuffing out of our momentum. Given our squad situation, this was one injury too much.

For me Jota was the reason we won the City game. He played exceptionally and no surprise we won, nor any surprise that we've looked a shadow since he has been injured. What a shame

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #4020 on: November 1, 2022, 12:11:46 am »

We're very vague these days. See Kelleher, Konaté, Keita etc. I even remember Klopp saying something like "we don't give out this information, do we?" to the press officer (or whoever it is he interacts with sat next to him from time to time) when asked about specifics of an injury not too long ago.

Not sure what brought about the change but seems like we give away the bare minimum now at least until they're ready to return to training.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4021 on: November 1, 2022, 07:00:31 am »
For me Jota was the reason we won the City game. He played exceptionally and no surprise we won, nor any surprise that we've looked a shadow since he has been injured. What a shame

Our best attacking performance, as in how the front three worked as a unit and pressed, was when it was him, Salah and Diaz up front against Ajax. Bobby’s pressing has died a death and Nunez also doesnt really press well yet.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2022, 07:04:37 am by killer-heels »

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #4022 on: November 14, 2022, 07:46:00 pm »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4023 on: November 14, 2022, 08:24:26 pm »
He’s had a couple of big injuries with us now. I hope he’s not going to be another one were they never fulfil their potential due to injuries.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4024 on: November 14, 2022, 08:36:06 pm »

I will never forget what he did that game, his work rate was insane. It was like 3X Kuyt.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4025 on: November 14, 2022, 08:46:45 pm »
W

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4026 on: November 14, 2022, 10:47:39 pm »
Expected really… but still not nice at all.

Shit. Came in here hoping for good news but they are dashed.

At least Diaz should be available, just like a new signing. ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4027 on: November 15, 2022, 01:00:04 am »

It's sooner than I expected,can't wait to get the little terrier back.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4028 on: November 15, 2022, 02:22:43 am »
Can't help but think his injury woes this season stem from that needless Nations League appearance against Switzerland in June

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4029 on: November 15, 2022, 03:29:35 am »

I agree expected, anyone who thought Jota would be back in 2022 was living in a dream world. Late January is very much reasonable and I am fine with that as much as it sucks we can be thankful for the mid season break as he will probably back for the CL and not miss a ridiculous amount of PL games like he would have

Feel horrible he missed the WC though and through such a freak late injury in a game too

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4030 on: November 15, 2022, 10:30:53 am »

I've got everything crossed that Darwin comes back from the abomination without an injury, Uruguay out in the group stages would be ideal. At least Bobby and Mo are staying at home, so no chance of some mickey mouse coaches breaking them.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4031 on: November 15, 2022, 10:41:16 am »
I agree expected, anyone who thought Jota would be back in 2022 was living in a dream world. Late January is very much reasonable and I am fine with that as much as it sucks we can be thankful for the mid season break as he will probably back for the CL and not miss a ridiculous amount of PL games like he would have

Feel horrible he missed the WC though and through such a freak late injury in a game too
I guess we'll never know but had Diaz not also been injured I don't think Jota would have played 95+ minutes of that game!  It seems to have been the story of our season that those that aren't injured end up picking up injuries when they wouldn't ordinarily be in a position to have that risk.

The only silver lining is that I don't have to have any warmth to the Portugal national team over the next few weeks.  Jota has a bit of snide about him but he's an angel compared to most of their team.

At least with Jota he generally finds his form quite quickly after injuries so it won't be one like Ox whereby he's back but not really contributing for the remainder of the season.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4032 on: November 15, 2022, 10:47:55 am »
Can't help but think his injury woes this season stem from that needless Nations League appearance against Switzerland in June
His injury woes stem from that fucking dead rubber game against Midtjylland.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4033 on: November 15, 2022, 10:51:01 am »
His injury woes stem from that fucking dead rubber game against Midtjylland.
His under 8s manager kept him on when they were already winning 12-0 and he'd scored 11 of them as the manager loved the feeling of scoring goals.  One of the other team kicked him on the ankle in the last minute.  He's never been the same since.

(Probably didn't happen)

Offline RedSmoke

• Main Stander
  • He'll pass the ball, calm as you like....
« Reply #4034 on: November 15, 2022, 10:57:15 am »
Was gutted to read his expected return date, genuinely didn't realise he was expected to be out for so long. Big miss.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4035 on: November 15, 2022, 11:28:01 am »
His under 8s manager kept him on when they were already winning 12-0 and he'd scored 11 of them as the manager loved the feeling of scoring goals.  One of the other team kicked him on the ankle in the last minute.  He's never been the same since.

(Probably didn't happen)
I heard that his injury woes all stem from when he attempted an overambitious kick in the womb and hyper extended.

Ban Klopp!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4036 on: December 2, 2022, 06:05:09 pm »
Was in Qatar today for Portugal v South Korea. On his way to Dubai.   :D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4037 on: December 2, 2022, 06:06:36 pm »
Was in Qatar today for Portugal v South Korea. On his way to Dubai.   :D

christ man you've good eyesight.  all I see is a big crowd.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4038 on: December 2, 2022, 06:26:07 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4039 on: December 2, 2022, 06:26:37 pm »

;D ;D