Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1739350 times)

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #13360 on: August 16, 2022, 09:15:22 pm »
Manchester United expected to bid for midfielder Moises Caicedo despite Brighton's "no intention of selling" stance. United also looking at Real Madrid's Casemiro. Adrien Rabiot increasingly unlikely. "Confidence not high" on Frenkie de Jong

Sky sports

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #13361 on: August 16, 2022, 09:18:15 pm »
What do Caicedo, De Jong, Rabiot and Casemiro have in common aside from nominally being midfielders? Any lack of investment talk with the Glazers should be discussed in lack of building out an actual football operation structure which isn't even that much money instead of transfer fees. Well that and OT is decrepit. Comical.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13362 on: August 16, 2022, 09:30:02 pm »
What do Caicedo, De Jong, Rabiot and Casemiro have in common aside from nominally being midfielders? Any lack of investment talk with the Glazers should be discussed in lack of building out an actual football operation structure which isn't even that much money instead of transfer fees. Well that and OT is decrepit. Comical.

It's like when we went from Alexis Sanchez to Balotelli. It's got to make some kind of strategic sense.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13363 on: August 16, 2022, 09:31:21 pm »
Why would Casemiro downgrade?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #13364 on: August 16, 2022, 10:08:51 pm »
Why would Casemiro downgrade?

Money as always. He doesn't seem that highly paid based on the reported wages but I always forget if the wages in Spain are reported as net or gross. If it's gross then he's only on £160k or so a week and he's 30 so this would be the last chance at a good pay day.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13365 on: August 16, 2022, 10:11:16 pm »
Money as always. He doesn't seem that highly paid based on the reported wages but I always forget if the wages in Spain are reported as net or gross. If it's gross then he's only on £160k or so a week and he's 30 so this would be the last chance at a good pay day.
United aren't worth it even for more money.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13366 on: August 16, 2022, 10:28:19 pm »
Ismaila Sarr to Palace, says the Athletic.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13367 on: August 16, 2022, 10:46:51 pm »
Saw United being linked to Caicedo at Brighton, he's one I think we might have on our radar but he's probably not played enough for the scouts to be sure on him.

Also apparently Beşiktaş want Dele Alli, with Everton willing to let the player decide on his future - they'll be absolutely desperate for him to say yes to it.

Another good shout by you. Surely if his agent is touting him about which I've read then surely we will be all over this, no? I wonder how much Brighton would reluctantly prepare to accept
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 11:04:02 pm by HardworkDedication »

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13368 on: August 16, 2022, 10:47:40 pm »
Ismaila Sarr to Palace, says the Athletic.

That’s a good signing for them. Sarr, Olise and Eze are some good attacking young players to build their team around.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13369 on: August 17, 2022, 08:01:20 am »
Another good shout by you. Surely if his agent is touting him about which I've read then surely we will be all over this, no? I wonder how much Brighton would reluctantly prepare to accept

Caicedo is the sort of player we need but is he good enough on the ball?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13370 on: August 17, 2022, 08:17:51 am »
Another good shout by you. Surely if his agent is touting him about which I've read then surely we will be all over this, no?

No. They'll want well over £60m for someone who's played 10 games in England. No thanks, as decent as he looks.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #13371 on: August 17, 2022, 08:23:54 am »

When you consider a move to Turkey you know your career is on the downslope, if not over.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #13372 on: August 17, 2022, 09:06:11 am »
Completely lost track haha. 🙃🤣
That is truly bonkers though.

Cooper must have 0 idea about half of his first 11. He seems a good manager but that is an overload

The problem is, they probably needed most.

17 sounds massive, but they lost the following in summer:

Garner (41 apps)
Zinckernagel (42 apps)
Lowe (20 apps)
Davis (21 apps)
Spence (46 apps)
Samba (46 apps)
Figueiredo (28 apps)
Lolley (28 apps)

271 appearances in total between them.

As well as quite a few of their players that didn't make many appearances

Then they needed to improve too and add depth for this season with 5 subs and a mid season world cup.

It's definitely a job getting them all in and settled, but they'd have probably struggled without 10-15 players in. They currently have 26 players in the senior squad, and I reckon they will have a couple going out at least before the window closes.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13373 on: August 17, 2022, 10:35:30 am »
Dele Alli, this generation’s Stan Collymore.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13374 on: August 17, 2022, 11:08:02 am »
Dele Alli, this generation’s Stan Collymore.

Bit harsh on Alli. He doesn’t seem to be as ‘challenging’ as Collymore was. Probably not as talented either.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13375 on: August 17, 2022, 11:55:18 am »
Bit harsh on Alli. He doesn’t seem to be as ‘challenging’ as Collymore was. Probably not as talented either.
I dunno about the last bit, there was a 12 month period when Alli looked like a potential future Ballon D'or winner. Then the wheels started to wobble before they spectacularly fell off.

He doesn't look like he enjoys football anymore, so I don't see the point in going to Turkey. He's set for life already, should be honest with himself and just walk away, see if he can find something else he's passionate about.

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13376 on: August 17, 2022, 01:13:15 pm »

Collymore was unplayable at times. Delle Alli has never had that level of talent
I might be in minority but I saw him play at Southend and Forest before he joined us. When he wasnt impacted by mental health issues, he could have gone on to be better than the likes of Gascoigne

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13377 on: August 17, 2022, 01:19:00 pm »
Collymore was an excellent player, and a massive bellend too

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13378 on: August 17, 2022, 01:20:59 pm »
Collymore looked brilliant in that counter attacking Forest team where he could use his pace and power. Psychologically, a manager like Klopp would have worked wonders with him too. Alli just looks like he's lost any kind of hunger for football, and his wage demands mean Australia or the Middle East is a far likelier next stop for him than the Championship.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13379 on: August 17, 2022, 02:16:16 pm »
Collymore had everything, he couldve been the english Thierry Henry, scored like 25 goals for Forest one season when they finished 3rd. Delle Alli is a 2 season wonder, massively overrated just because he can flick a ball.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #13380 on: August 17, 2022, 02:21:34 pm »
Speaking of one trick ponies (set pieces in this case), Willian going to Fulham on a free.

He was beginning to look a bit podgy when he left to go back home, so god knows the shape of him now.
AHA!

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13381 on: August 17, 2022, 02:28:59 pm »
Speaking of one trick ponies (set pieces in this case), Willian going to Fulham on a free.

He was beginning to look a bit podgy when he left to go back home, so god knows the shape of him now.

Same Willian?? are they mad.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13382 on: August 17, 2022, 02:32:52 pm »
Same Willian?? are they mad.
They're getting him on a free. Willian, it was really nothing.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13383 on: August 17, 2022, 02:33:14 pm »
They're getting him on a free. Willian, it was really nothing.

Free Willi?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13384 on: August 17, 2022, 03:20:30 pm »
Free Willi?

That's what got Clinton into trouble with the whole Lewinsky thing

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13385 on: August 17, 2022, 06:00:38 pm »
That's what got Clinton into trouble with the whole Lewinsky thing

The Cuban Cigar Crisis?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13386 on: August 17, 2022, 06:15:15 pm »
Collymore had everything, he couldve been the english Thierry Henry, scored like 25 goals for Forest one season when they finished 3rd. Delle Alli is a 2 season wonder, massively overrated just because he can flick a ball.

Loads of players have everything though but means nothing if they don't have it between their ears (Collymore obviously suffered from mental illness as well). Heskey another example, although he still had a decent career. Mentality makes all the difference. Then there's players who get a bad injury and their potential/ability wanes.

I agree though, I don't think Alli was ever exceptional. Just another good talent. He got more of a halo at the time because England had gone through a rough period post-'golden generation' and in 2014 were knocked out the World Cup after two games and then the Euro 2016 disaster. This was around the time Alli emerged as the next big hope along with Kane. Gerrard and Lampard were still playing in midfield for England at the 2014 World Cup and then Rooney at the 2016 Euros. In recent years England are producing a lot more high quality players.

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13387 on: August 17, 2022, 06:27:56 pm »
Florian Plettenberg@Plettigoal·7m
Excl. News Naby #Keita: He is unhappy with his current situation in Liverpool. There were talks about a contract extension but they have stopped now. His departure is possible regardless of Thiago and Oxlade-Chamberlain. But early stage. Talks will take place. #LFC @SkySportDE

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13388 on: August 17, 2022, 06:29:42 pm »
Excl. News Naby #Keita: He is unhappy with his current situation in Liverpool. There were talks about a contract extension but they have stopped now. His departure is possible regardless of Thiago and Oxlade-Chamberlain. But early stage. Talks will take place. #LFC @SkySportDE

They have stopped but they will take place? So they are on a break.

He shouldn't really get a new contract.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13389 on: August 17, 2022, 06:31:29 pm »
They have stopped but they will take place? So they are on a break.

He shouldn't really get a new contract.

I guess he means talks over a potential departure? Not likely to happen with two weeks left though.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #13390 on: August 17, 2022, 06:34:59 pm »
Excl. News Naby #Keita: He is unhappy with his current situation in Liverpool.

That he gets injured so much?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13391 on: August 17, 2022, 06:35:40 pm »
I really hope this isn't true. Think we would possibly need 3 CM's next summer if this happens especially with the likely departure of Oxlade-Chamberlain and Milner.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13392 on: August 17, 2022, 06:38:27 pm »
I love Keita but I agree he shouldn’t get a new contract. We need to sort out our midfield over the next few seasons and we can’t carry so many players on high wages and are not available enough/trusted enough. Doubt we would sell this far into the window as it’ll be hard to sign a replacement.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13393 on: August 17, 2022, 06:40:33 pm »

Klopp loves all his players but he ultimately doesn't rate Keita highly enough so I can understand why Keita would be reluctant to sign. Injuries notwithstanding he's never been a regular in the side the way Thiago/Wijnaldum/Henderson/Fabinho are. He steps in when others are injured (i.e. the cup finals) and is usually the first to be subbed.

It's really shoddy the situation that's been developed in midfield though, especially if Keita does leave on a free.  Keita and Ox should really have been sell or sign this summer.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13394 on: August 17, 2022, 06:40:49 pm »
Let him see out his deal but I wouldn't give Naby a new deal.

I really hope this isn't true. Think we would possibly need 3 CM's next summer if this happens especially with the likely departure of Oxlade-Chamberlain and Milner.

So be it. I thnik we'll need 3/4  quality Midfielders anyway. Time for a MASSIVE restructuring in the middle.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13395 on: August 17, 2022, 06:43:02 pm »
We can get a durable replacement. No problem.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13396 on: August 17, 2022, 06:46:43 pm »
Florian the first to call Mané leaving.

Naby Keita represented by the same agent as Sadio Mané.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13397 on: August 17, 2022, 07:09:24 pm »

Some reality at last. Not quite sure what he’s unhappy about, the boot is on the other foot there.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13398 on: August 17, 2022, 07:11:58 pm »

The midfield needs a massive shake up. We are wasting too much money in that area so we might as well get to work now.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13399 on: August 17, 2022, 07:17:03 pm »
Some reality at last. Not quite sure what he’s unhappy about, the boot is on the other foot there.

He had a better season than Hendo did last season.

Would be mad to lose him at this point, and given our options the next best alternative to him extending (barring an unlikley huge bid) is keeping him until he sees his contract out.

If we were planning on losing him, or at least knew we weren't going to renew him, you'd imagine we might have leaned into starting the transition away from our midfield options to new players from this summer rather than waiting as we are.