Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1738740 times)

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #10040 on: May 21, 2022, 10:45:34 pm »
Well they tabled 135mil and a 35mil salary and we know that now. Mo has been brilliant for us but his agent is being a bell end and if he wants out then sound.
Exactly this. LFC should not be held hostage to any players demands. If you want to move on and be paid that kind of money, then thank you for your service.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10041 on: May 21, 2022, 10:48:49 pm »
Fucking oil states have destroyed football and those c*nts at UEFA have stood by and let it happen

Correct and it is why ESL will make another entrance soon.

Established clubs not stand for it and it will come to a head

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10042 on: May 21, 2022, 10:51:19 pm »
ESL hasn't gone away. Technically the 10 clubs who are the founding members of it (including us) are still in it.  :D

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10043 on: May 21, 2022, 10:58:00 pm »
Correct and it is why ESL will make another entrance soon.

Established clubs not stand for it and it will come to a head

Lol
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10044 on: May 21, 2022, 11:06:55 pm »
Lol

You can lol all you like but the threat will happen in some way or another.

I aint in favour of ESL as it was put over but its clear there is now a problem

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #10045 on: May 21, 2022, 11:14:31 pm »
Er, Salah isn’t a fan of Real Madrid. Quite the opposite.

Because Ramos injured that time? He'd jump at the chance let's be honest. I'm ore on the side of cashing in now rather than giving him a stupid contract just as his decline starts.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10046 on: May 21, 2022, 11:55:43 pm »
https://twitter.com/LaurensJulien/status/1528019791482605570

With Kylian Mbappé staying at PSG, Leonardo is expected to leave now. The two things were always linked. Luis Campos is the favourite to take over. A choice approved by Mbappé’.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #10047 on: May 22, 2022, 12:19:10 am »
https://twitter.com/LaurensJulien/status/1528019791482605570

Campos is a good DoF when unhindered from upstairs, going to be interesting to see how he goes when he has to deal with a player who “has power”.

Massive own goal for Real though; missing out on both Haaland and Mbappé :lmao

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10048 on: May 22, 2022, 01:15:55 am »
Campos is a good DoF when unhindered from upstairs, going to be interesting to see how he goes when he has to deal with a player who “has power”.

Massive own goal for Real though; missing out on both Haaland and Mbappé :lmao

Real Madrid have actually been pretty smart in the transfer market since the Hazard blunder in 2019. Vinicius, Curtois, Rodrygo, Valverde, Militao, Mendy, Camavinga and Alaba have helped them a lot on their way to the CL final this season. Of course, Florentino's pride will be hurt by the Mbappe fiasco, but if Real Madrid decide to pursue the likes of Tchouameni and Nunez with the money saved for Mbappe, they will remain very competitive ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10049 on: May 22, 2022, 01:19:55 am »
Madrid will be coming hard for Mo now.

Let them come. If Salah wants to join Real Madrid, we will sell him, and use the money to sign Tchouameni and Nunez ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10050 on: May 22, 2022, 01:22:27 am »
;D

It might look funny to you, but Man City signing Lautaro would have been a much better move for them, from a footballing point of view. Fortunately, they needed Haaland for their sportswashing project ...

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10051 on: May 22, 2022, 01:51:47 am »
There’s no way he is making decisions going forward. All of that seems to come from Madrid and everybody has lapped it up. Clearly psg’s oil money has won out and this is a way for Madrid to tarnish it.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10052 on: May 22, 2022, 04:00:31 am »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #10053 on: May 22, 2022, 07:47:53 am »
Not sure Madrid have done much wrong with their pursuit - it’s reported by good sources that they had a deal in principle sorted, he merely needed to sign.

This deal not only has horrid implications for future moves between players and clubs - with egotistical players demanding elements of control like Mbappe now supposedly has - but with FFP. He’s costing more to keep than most clubs cost operationally over an entire season.

I don’t know if all this stuff about him having signing veto powers and deciding the manager is true, but if the case, it’s pathetic and disgusting from PSG and UEFA need to step in. Of course they won’t though. More than City, PSG’s insidious tendrils have inserted themselves across the governing bodies of European football.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #10054 on: May 22, 2022, 07:55:08 am »
Not sure Madrid have done much wrong with their pursuit - it’s reported by good sources that they had a deal in principle sorted, he merely needed to sign.

This deal not only has horrid implications for future moves between players and clubs - with egotistical players demanding elements of control like Mbappe now supposedly has - but with FFP. He’s costing more to keep than most clubs cost operationally over an entire season.

I don’t know if all this stuff about him having signing veto powers and deciding the manager is true, but if the case, it’s pathetic and disgusting from PSG and UEFA need to step in. Of course they won’t though. More than City, PSG’s insidious tendrils have inserted themselves across the governing bodies of European football.

The Billion dollar irony being PSG are still not good enough to win a Champions League because their teamwork and tactical approach is not up to it, and their domestic league is somewhere around the Bundasliga level.

PSG probably need a 3rd of their current salary spend to win it; if they'd bought a couple of French talents every year they'd still be number one in the league.

The club is a satire of modern football.

PSG and Mbappé might have put football on a collision course with ESL or something worse now.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #10055 on: May 22, 2022, 08:03:16 am »
The Billion dollar irony being PSG are still not good enough to win a Champions League because their teamwork and tactical approach is not up to it, and their domestic league is somewhere around the Bundasliga level.

PSG probably need a 3rd of their current salary spend to win it; if they'd bought a couple of French talents every year they'd still be number one in the league.

PSG and Mbappé might have put football on a collision course with ESL or something worse now.
Disgusting aren’t they. Might have overtaken City and Newcastle now for worst festering piece of shit club owned and ran by primordial insects.

The fact that they can’t see the conflict of interests and the issues that come with giving Mbappe that much influence over the coach is hilarious.

Who remembers that Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode where everyone had to do what Bart said otherwise he’d use his powers to do something awful and inhuman to them? That’s Mbappe at PSG now.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10056 on: May 22, 2022, 08:22:40 am »

The ESL project is a reality. It was not prepared well the first time, so SkySports and beIN Sports were able to beat it, but the latest Mbappe and Haaland development will certainly put it back on the table. RedBird beating Bahrain to the purchase of  AC Milan is yet another indication that the US club owners are preparing to strike back, and Perez, Laporta and Agneli will certainly join the show. If they are smart enough to leave the oil clubs out completely, the ESL will happen sooner than people are expecting ...

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10057 on: May 22, 2022, 08:30:47 am »
Let them come. If Salah wants to join Real Madrid, we will sell him, and use the money to sign Tchouameni and Nunez ...

Id rather not sign Nunez but thanks. Lads shit and doesnt remotely suit us.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10058 on: May 22, 2022, 08:34:07 am »
The ESL project is a reality. It was not prepared well the first time, so SkySports and beIN Sports were able to beat it, but the latest Mbappe and Haaland development will certainly put it back on the table. RedBird beating Bahrain to the purchase of  AC Milan is yet another indication that the US club owners are preparing to strike back, and Perez, Laporta and Agneli will certainly join the show. If they are smart enough to leave the oil clubs out completely, the ESL will happen sooner than people are expecting ...
That’s the key for me, getting away from the state owned sportswashing clubs. I don’t care much how that happens, whether it’s a super league or all the proper clubs dropping back into the EFL and fucking the PL off.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10059 on: May 22, 2022, 08:51:33 am »
Lol

You can lol, but the owners of the big clubs aren't going to sit back and accept this like the corrupt fuckers at UEFA. Newcastle money dwarfs every club in the PL combined, they are about to take the piss on a level we've never seen.

The game needs something or its dead
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10060 on: May 22, 2022, 09:02:53 am »
Hopefully a Cold War amongst the elite clubs against the sportswash clubs, no relationship with them at club meetings domestic and UEFA, no doing business with them, a player wants to join them, it can only happen when the contract runs out, they need to be isolated as much as possible that shows they are not wanted in the game, also clubs should fund and create massive anti sportswash banners to be used when these Sportswash teams visit.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10061 on: May 22, 2022, 09:16:13 am »
You can lol, but the owners of the big clubs aren't going to sit back and accept this like the corrupt fuckers at UEFA. Newcastle money dwarfs every club in the PL combined, they are about to take the piss on a level we've never seen.

The game needs something or its dead

Totally agree nobody really wants the ESL but something has to happen otherwise we will be seeing Newcastle paying players like Shelvey £250k a week !

I do agree with Ghost on being glad we stayed away from Haaland  / Mbappe we dont need that spotlight following us around.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10062 on: May 22, 2022, 09:53:55 am »
Totally agree nobody really wants the ESL but something has to happen otherwise we will be seeing Newcastle paying players like Shelvey £250k a week !

I do agree with Ghost on being glad we stayed away from Haaland  / Mbappe we dont need that spotlight following us around.

They'll be paying Mbappe a £250 million singing on bonus and £2 million a week, having been sponsored by Saudi Airways to the tune of £1.5 billion as they establish new routes between Newcastle Airport and Jeddah and Riyadh.

I want the ESL, but I want it as a pure competition, ie a replacement for the CL, with the same chances to get in it, but sadly, as UEFA and FIFA are in bed with the sportswashers, we'll end up with a huge European League outside of UEFA/FIFA/PL/La Liga etc and, where the PL is concerned, its the PL and the clubs who turn a blind eye who are to blame, for the rest it is UEFA.

Must admit, I'm not that arsed about most PL clubs, they were c*nts during covid, they show us zero respect, so they can drown for all I care.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 09:57:06 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10063 on: May 22, 2022, 10:12:57 am »
Sponsorship deals worth more than the club they’re sponsoring.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10064 on: May 22, 2022, 11:01:12 am »
Sponsorship deals worth more than the club they’re sponsoring.

And almost all by companies owned by the state that "doesn't own the club honest"

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #10065 on: May 22, 2022, 11:40:13 am »
I'm actually glad Mbappe is staying at PSG. He's proven that money is what's really important to him. He will end up with 10 Ligue 1's and no one will give a shit about him. They've pretty much given him the reins to the way Qatar FC is run, which will absolutely end in distaster. It's an absolute joke and I will enjoy watching them get knocked out of the CL every year. Football is dying in front of our eyes, these oil clubs and the players who suckle from them are vermin.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline TarkaLFC

• Main Stander
  • Valour is superior to numbers.
« Reply #10066 on: May 22, 2022, 11:56:53 am »
An insane offer - particularly the input on future PSG managers - but Real Madrid and La Liga complaining to UEFA/the French Government/whoever is childish nonsense.  Madrid have no god-given right to other clubs best players.  I don’t remember either Liverpool or Spurs reacting like this when they nicked Mcmanaman, Owen, Modric and Bale - and Madrid haven’t even lost a player of their own, merely failed to bed one that they lusted after.  Grow up.
Currently living overseas.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10067 on: May 22, 2022, 01:22:27 pm »
I think it's hilarious that it's happened to Madrid

Now obviously PSG are obscene

But the La Liga speaking out against it while Real Madrid STILL haven't recanted their support for the Super League.... They can both fuck off

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10068 on: May 22, 2022, 01:24:06 pm »
That’s the key for me, getting away from the state owned sportswashing clubs. I don’t care much how that happens, whether it’s a super league or all the proper clubs dropping back into the EFL and fucking the PL off.
Fuck that. Anyone in favour of a Super League is just as much of a cancer to the game as the sportswashing

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10069 on: May 22, 2022, 01:25:13 pm »
The 'LOL' is because people keep confusing their own wishes with reality. Of course all of us here would love a world where nation-owned clubs and sportswashers were booted out of leagues and cup competitions and out of any future developments, whether it is an ESL or something else.*

But that's not what the previous ESL was about and not what any future ESL will be about either. The club ownerships do not have the same view of this as you and I do. The ESL was, and will be, a massive, massive cash-grab; a way of concentrating the majority of incoming money in one uber-wealthy setting. The trad clubs see that as the way of ameliorating and evening-out the influence of nation-level funding. i.e by everyone getting even more money thus reducing disparities. It was an incredibly cynical exercise and fans rightly fucked it off, so to now see some fans panting for it, because they are angry at some aspect of the current situation is both dispiriting and unedifying.

The ESL was not, and nor will it in future be, a philanthropic attempt to cleanse or purify football in the way you or I might be wishing for. City and Chelsea and most probably PSG will be part of any future redeveloped ESL (and if, say, PSG, is left out it will be due to their historic underachievement on the biggest stage, not their ownership).

Sportswashers and sugar daddies and nations as potential buyers are not anathema to the existing clubs like they are to you or I. That's the big difference.

If we want to get rid of these scourges from the game the momentum will have to come from somewhere else; from governments or legislation or from massive, sustained fan campaigns. It won't come from proposals like the ESL. Stop investing your hopes there and start aiming your efforts in ways that might actually do some good.

I'll stop there because this is really off-topic

*In fact if it were up to me I would go much further than most of you, I suspect, in imposing even stricter curbs on finances and wages and the influence of money on competitiveness. I regard even my own beloved LFC as being far too moneyed-up compared to other clubs to truly sit right with me. Ideally I'd want all clubs to be much closer as far as the impact of money is concerned so that the competition is fairer and purer. But I know that this idealism is not likely to be matched by the reality.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #10070 on: May 22, 2022, 01:29:43 pm »
Yeah the ESL isn't going to save football, it's another nail. City and Chelsea were invited along after all.

It would take something like Klopp running UEFA to save football.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10071 on: May 22, 2022, 01:34:13 pm »
According to the Independent Mbappe's wages are twice what is being officially quoted. He has also been in Qatar for the past week where he was given the big sell by them.

The Kylian Mbappe saga and how football became a plaything for nation states

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/kylian-mbappe-contract-psg-real-madrid-b2084551.html
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10072 on: May 22, 2022, 01:40:53 pm »
Real don’t give a fuck about football integrity, they are the original financial dopers. Still football has gone mad and something needs to be done

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #10073 on: May 22, 2022, 01:46:22 pm »
The concern is the switching of the axis of power in the Mo contract negotiations with Mbappe not moving. I don't think he ideally wants to go there, but an age discounted offer of say 800,000 euros a week and a signing bonus will have Mo's agent bending over backwards to talk him in to a RM move. We had no interest by the look of things of agreeing well below half that without the bonus.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10074 on: May 22, 2022, 02:10:57 pm »
The concern is the switching of the axis of power in the Mo contract negotiations with Mbappe not moving. I don't think he ideally wants to go there, but an age discounted offer of say 800,000 euros a week and a signing bonus will have Mo's agent bending over backwards to talk him in to a RM move. We had no interest by the look of things of agreeing well below half that without the bonus.

The really interesting questions is how soon after UEFA basically gave up on FFP did the PSG owner then get himself onto a UEFA executive committee? I wonder if anyone will ever look into that little story?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #10075 on: May 22, 2022, 02:18:40 pm »
Real Madrid have actually been pretty smart in the transfer market since the Hazard blunder in 2019. Vinicius, Curtois, Rodrygo, Valverde, Militao, Mendy, Camavinga and Alaba have helped them a lot on their way to the CL final this season. Of course, Florentino's pride will be hurt by the Mbappe fiasco, but if Real Madrid decide to pursue the likes of Tchouameni and Nunez with the money saved for Mbappe, they will remain very competitive ...

I wouldn't be surprised to see them offer Gnabry a big contract and try turn his head, their recent recruits from Bayern have served them very well.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10076 on: May 22, 2022, 02:27:49 pm »
Fuck that. Anyone in favour of a Super League is just as much of a cancer to the game as the sportswashing

In that case, be prepared for Newcastle to dominate the Premier League and the Champions League for decades to come, because compared to Newcastle's owners, the likes of Abramovich, Mansour and Al-Khelaifi are pretty poor ...

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10077 on: May 22, 2022, 02:29:44 pm »
Now that they’ve missed out on Mbappe and Haaland I think real
should go for Harry Kane

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10078 on: May 22, 2022, 02:50:09 pm »
Villa getting Boubacar Kamara on a free from Marseille.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10079 on: May 22, 2022, 02:53:46 pm »
Could be a decent get for them, they are absolutely desperate for a 6.