Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1736929 times)

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #10000 on: May 21, 2022, 04:57:46 pm »
Madrid will be coming hard for Mo now.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #10001 on: May 21, 2022, 04:59:37 pm »
So two of the brightest and most well known talents in Mbappe and Haaland are now at Sportwashers FCs - a sad state of affairs for the game today.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10002 on: May 21, 2022, 05:00:31 pm »
Reckon there's a fair chance that Mbappe's next club is Newcastle.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10003 on: May 21, 2022, 05:03:33 pm »
Reckon there's a fair chance that Mbappe's next club is Newcastle.

They haven't even made it to the CL yet. Let's see how they actually spend the money first.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #10004 on: May 21, 2022, 05:05:06 pm »
Mabppe staying doesn't bother me. I'm glad he's not going to Madrid as it'd improve one of our biggest rivals on the European stage. I made a prediction a few years ago that Mbappe would never win the European Cup and I still don't think he will. Hard to see him not regretting this from a footballing perspective down the line, and in the next few years I see his enthusiasm for the game being drained basically. Madness.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10005 on: May 21, 2022, 05:06:08 pm »
Would make sense.

I've always found it baffling that PSG don't just sign the majority of the French national team, and hoover up all the best French talent. They're the world's richest club, or close enough, playing in one of the world's great cities, and the country is producing more great players than anywhere else.

I know plenty of players will want to leave the French league for stronger leagues like the PL or La Liga, but money talks. Mbappe aside, the only members of the senior squad who are French are Kimpembe, Kurzawa and Dagba. It's just weird. For a start, they should be trying to get the likes of Nkunku and Diaby, two youth players they let go who would be brilliant for them now.

Don’t they go for some big international names though to try and up their profile (not disagreeing that more French talent would make them a better team).

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10006 on: May 21, 2022, 05:24:48 pm »
Miguel Delaney
·
2m
In a surprise to no one, am told Perez is “apoplectic”. There is some surprise in Madrid they allowed it to get to this situation without Mbappe signing anything.

If it was a normal situation, especially after Super League, Perez should be resigning…

This is an interesting point. Presuming RM have had to agree the exit of other players to accommodate Mbappe, could this put them in a messy situation with one or two positions? It would be quite funny.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10007 on: May 21, 2022, 05:28:22 pm »
To appease their fans and board, they need to go after a big name and Tchouameni obviously isn't one. May I suggest Paul Pogba instead?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10008 on: May 21, 2022, 05:32:46 pm »
To appease their fans and board, they need to go after a big name and Tchouameni obviously isn't one. May I suggest Paul Pogba instead?

I’d be shocked if they weren’t in for Mo or Sadio. Perhaps a little on the older side for making a massive purchase, but in terms of big names that might be available to them, you’d have to think both would at least listen to offers from Madrid. They’ve achieved everything possible with us.

Hope not, mind you.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10009 on: May 21, 2022, 05:33:17 pm »
And then Man City would have got Lautaro, a far worse outcome for us ...

;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #10010 on: May 21, 2022, 05:51:32 pm »
Ignoring the money just for a second, the one thing that I really am struggling to understand is what value does Qatar get by having Mbappe in PSG colors for the World Cup this year? As that's really what has drove them to continue to increase their offers.

The other interesting thing to see if it becomes a trend is letting Mbappe be the de facto DoF. If true this really only happens in the NBA where the results are mixed at best for the franchises where this is most prevalent. Though I will say that demanding that Neymar be moved would enable a more coherent team to be built behind an attacking duo of Messi and him.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10011 on: May 21, 2022, 06:07:34 pm »
Zidane to PSG

That’s the logical next move…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #10012 on: May 21, 2022, 06:56:51 pm »
Zidane to PSG

That’s the logical next move…

Possibly. But whatever happens when the merry-go-round stops, it’s somehow reassuring that PSG and Man City have between them, zero European Cups.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10013 on: May 21, 2022, 07:13:25 pm »
Introduce a salary cap tied to 10-year performance numbers. Have oversight of money transfers including off-shores; hell, hire a group of hackers to monitor that. Only then FFP rules may work. But that will never happen.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #10014 on: May 21, 2022, 07:25:23 pm »
This will probably lead to Salah or Mane to Real at any cost kind of rumours. And I worry that Perez will be willing to spend an insane amount to save his ugly mug.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10015 on: May 21, 2022, 07:58:47 pm »
La Liga announce they have now reported Paris Saint-Germain to UEFA because of Kylian Mbappé deal.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1528083175838257153?s

(from the tap-in merchant on twitter)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10016 on: May 21, 2022, 08:06:11 pm »
Can evrey other club do the same to them for the past 20 years of crap from them too?

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10017 on: May 21, 2022, 08:07:30 pm »
Nasser Al-Khelaifi in UEFA boardroom after receiving the complaint

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10018 on: May 21, 2022, 08:13:03 pm »
Wouldn’t want anything to do with players wielding that kind of power being anywhere near our club.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10019 on: May 21, 2022, 08:21:21 pm »
Wouldn’t want anything to do with players wielding that kind of power being anywhere near our club.

Quite right, No thanks. I dont care how good you are or think you are ill pass.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10020 on: May 21, 2022, 08:22:17 pm »
Kloppo doesn't even wield so much power with us.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10021 on: May 21, 2022, 08:23:26 pm »
so basically him and agent used Real Madrid just to milk PSG? I love it although I would be fuming if I was a Real Madrid fan.

Online Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10022 on: May 21, 2022, 08:24:23 pm »
so basically him and agent used Real Madrid just to milk PSG? I love it although I would be fuming if I was a Real Madrid fan.

If this is how football is going though its not for me. I know he's a "free" and that term is used loosely but the numbers mentioned are disgusting. Is it any wonder we are struggling to get ours tied down?

Online Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10023 on: May 21, 2022, 08:26:53 pm »
Madrid will be coming hard for Mo now.

Well they tabled 135mil and a 35mil salary and we know that now. Mo has been brilliant for us but his agent is being a bell end and if he wants out then sound.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10024 on: May 21, 2022, 08:28:09 pm »

I honestly dont mind that much even about the money but the power is ridiculous and reflects badly on Mbappe that he would agree to be part of such a setup where he has so much power. I know these lot have huge egos, but its not going to deliver the biggest prize or the best team.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10025 on: May 21, 2022, 08:28:19 pm »
If this is how football is going though its not for me. I know he's a "free" and that term is used loosely but the numbers mentioned are disgusting. Is it any wonder we are struggling to get ours tied down?
I'm with you, only thing I am happy is this should screw Real's head before the CL final.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10026 on: May 21, 2022, 08:28:54 pm »
I’d be shocked if they weren’t in for Mo or Sadio. Perhaps a little on the older side for making a massive purchase, but in terms of big names that might be available to them, you’d have to think both would at least listen to offers from Madrid. They’ve achieved everything possible with us.

Hope not, mind you.

Er, Salah isn’t a fan of Real Madrid. Quite the opposite.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10027 on: May 21, 2022, 08:30:24 pm »
Introduce a salary cap tied to 10-year performance numbers. Have oversight of money transfers including off-shores; hell, hire a group of hackers to monitor that. Only then FFP rules may work. But that will never happen.

Then the money would all just flow to the owners not the talent. They’d be happy with salary caps as they could still grow revenue and take massive profits from the club. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10028 on: May 21, 2022, 08:30:29 pm »
I'm with you, only thing I am happy is this should screw Real's head before the CL final.

I hadnt thought about it like that tbf. It does sound a bit entitled from Madrid but the numbers are eye watering and we all know where the moneys coming from.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10029 on: May 21, 2022, 08:36:50 pm »

Hope not, mind you.

Them and their media outlets are going to run heavily with this in the next week in the buildup to Paris.

Its great that we are in a position as a club where I trust the people in charge and think we will get whatever decision we need to make right. If we miss out on a target or if a player wants to leave, we will have plans ready to go and move on

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10030 on: May 21, 2022, 08:37:04 pm »
I hadnt thought about it like that tbf. It does sound a bit entitled from Madrid but the numbers are eye watering and we all know where the moneys coming from.

It is funny in isolation Madrid throwing a tantrum after offering him equally obscene amounts,the big picture propably is that however big a club you are or how much you offer the state owned sportswashers can always offer more,much more.

Online Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10031 on: May 21, 2022, 08:47:10 pm »
It is funny in isolation Madrid throwing a tantrum after offering him equally obscene amounts,the big picture propably is that however big a club you are or how much you offer the state owned sportswashers can always offer more,much more.

They can and this has a trickle effect on world football. Imagine you're now a Mo type players negotiating a contract and you see those numbers banded about. They need to get a grip of all this before it spirals even more.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10032 on: May 21, 2022, 09:39:51 pm »
Both clubs are c*nts. Real Madrid were also offering some ridiculous wages too.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10033 on: May 21, 2022, 09:54:41 pm »
This month, PSG posted €220m losses for the 20-21 season. Their wage bill was €503m. That was more than 14 Ligue 1 clubs COMBINED. Then they signed world's highest earner Lionel Messi. And Sergio Ramos, Gianluigi Donnarumma, Achraf Hakimi, Georginio Wijnaldum, Nuno Mendes.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10034 on: May 21, 2022, 09:58:29 pm »
Both clubs are c*nts. Real Madrid were also offering some ridiculous wages too.
But at least they're a real club with a legitimate income.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10035 on: May 21, 2022, 10:04:50 pm »
I'd be glad if I were a Madrid fan. Why would you want that ego and his circus at your club?

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10036 on: May 21, 2022, 10:25:19 pm »
Sounds like Juve are getting Pogba and Di Maria on frees. They love a free transfer, don’t they?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10037 on: May 21, 2022, 10:27:24 pm »
Fucking oil states have destroyed football and those c*nts at UEFA have stood by and let it happen
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #10038 on: May 21, 2022, 10:35:11 pm »
Fucking oil states have destroyed football and those c*nts at UEFA have stood by and let it happen

Stood by? They've welcome them with open arms while ignoring their own rules. Look up the NYTimes story on PSG's FFP case. They basically just let them off the hook intentionally.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10039 on: May 21, 2022, 10:39:58 pm »
But at least they're a real club with a legitimate income.

No income can justify 1 million a week or whatever they were offering to him
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI