Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1736861 times)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #9880 on: May 18, 2022, 05:59:04 pm »
They've been linked with Antony and Timber too, haven't they? It's gonna be really interesting to see how he tackles the job, Ten Hag.

Is Timber the guy who's nicknamed "The White Lion"?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9882 on: May 18, 2022, 10:20:29 pm »
Tarkowski will end up having plenty of offers. I'd assume clubs better than Villa may also have interest

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9883 on: May 18, 2022, 11:10:22 pm »
Tarkowski will end up having plenty of offers. I'd assume clubs better than Villa may also have interest

Like who? He's fucking shite

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9884 on: May 18, 2022, 11:13:46 pm »
Beat me to it.

He somehow got a rep a season or two ago for being a surprisingly good defender, despite playing for lowly Burnley.

He looks shite defensively in the most defensive team in England. He'll make Harry Maguire look like a mobile, modern centre back.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9885 on: May 18, 2022, 11:28:23 pm »
Beat me to it.

He somehow got a rep a season or two ago for being a surprisingly good defender, despite playing for lowly Burnley.

He looks shite defensively in the most defensive team in England. He'll make Harry Maguire look like a mobile, modern centre back.
Can't help thinking I'd take Tarkowski ahead of refrigerator head, but that's not an endorsement of any kind.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #9886 on: May 19, 2022, 09:54:42 am »
Ten Hag wants to bring Lisandro Martinez to United from Ajax, according to the Telegraph.

He may be really good, but I'm always really wary of managers signing players from clubs they've just left. Feels like a slight sign of insecurity, and Ten Hag seems willing to take several from Ajax to United (Martinez, Timber, Antony all linked).
Think it’s expected , they will also help set the philosophy  in training what he wants from them

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9887 on: May 19, 2022, 10:20:09 am »
Think it’s expected , they will also help set the philosophy  in training what he wants from them

I'm not sure three kids from the Dutch league are going to come into a team containing egos like Ronaldo, Maguire, De Gea and Sancho and 'set the philosophy' but my word I hope they try :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9888 on: May 19, 2022, 10:30:42 am »

It probably is expected, but I wonder if it's a little sign of weakness - feeling you need players you've already coached to be a success. Klopp, for example, didn't feel the need to immediately sign players from Dortmund. Don't think Pep did either at City.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9889 on: May 19, 2022, 11:48:59 am »
I'm not sure three kids from the Dutch league are going to come into a team containing egos like Ronaldo, Maguire, De Gea and Sancho and 'set the philosophy' but my word I hope they try :D

Players trained in the Ajax way will know the system, and when embedded, will naturally impose their style and higher ability on the rest of the team. Man Utd might want to look at Everton's Donny Van Der Beek too. Seems a tight fit for the new Man Utd.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9890 on: May 19, 2022, 12:37:43 pm »
City have told Arsenal they want £55m for Gabriel Jesus, who only has a year left on his deal.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9891 on: May 19, 2022, 01:01:06 pm »
City have told Arsenal they want £55m for Gabriel Jesus, who only has a year left on his deal.

:lmao

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9892 on: May 19, 2022, 01:16:33 pm »
To be fair I think City would be well within their rights to push for £40m+. Good goal return, very good underlying numbers (maybe hard not to have those in that City side) and only just turned 25.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9893 on: May 19, 2022, 03:06:47 pm »
BVB signing midfielder Salih Özcan form FC Köln today for €10m (release clause) and Alexander Meyer from Jahn Regensburg who will be their new back-up goalie.

https://twitter.com/bvbnewsblog/status/1527283456681467906?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9894 on: May 19, 2022, 04:02:19 pm »
Well they did manage to get £50m for Torres, who cost less than half, despite being a squad player (at best), so I'm sure getting £55m for another squad player will be equally above board, with no hint of financial malfeasance at all.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9896 on: May 19, 2022, 04:04:53 pm »
Looks like Dean Henderson will be going to Newcastle
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-henderson-newcastle-24003780
Dubravka is easily as good as Henderson, but then again, signing English players is good for sportwashing the image of a warmongering barbaric dictatorship

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9897 on: May 19, 2022, 04:33:46 pm »
My God, how desperate are PSG with Mbappe?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9898 on: May 19, 2022, 04:43:01 pm »
My God, how desperate are PSG with Mbappe?

I think it's a mindset that nothing can reflect poorly on Qatar before the World Cup. Having sports media talking about how Mbappe is doing at Real Madrid and how he's getting all the recognition he wouldn't otherwise get at PSG would do that.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9899 on: May 19, 2022, 06:57:50 pm »
Apparently Bayern are talking with Stuttgart about Sasa Kalajdzic. If they’re not saying “He’d be an absolute disaster” they’re saying the wrong things. He’d be horrid. 6ft7 strikers just don’t make it at the absolute elite level.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9900 on: May 19, 2022, 07:32:53 pm »

Don’t think Jesus is even worth £30m. To have such a poor scoring record for club and country, considering how both play with so much talent, is actually very hard to do.

He’s a special player. Very.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9901 on: May 19, 2022, 07:44:38 pm »
Don’t think Jesus is even worth £30m. To have such a poor scoring record for club and country, considering how both play with so much talent, is actually very hard to do.

He’s a special player. Very.

and he has very weird cheekbones.

scary even.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #9902 on: May 19, 2022, 10:39:48 pm »

scary even.

And he always looks like someone has shot his cat too. A man that pissed off cannot be trusted.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9903 on: May 19, 2022, 11:14:43 pm »

scary even.
eyebrows on his cheeks

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9904 on: May 20, 2022, 12:53:28 am »
Sounds like the Mbappe saga is coming to an end this weekend.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9905 on: May 20, 2022, 01:27:12 am »

Madrid will probably be able to console themselves when they lose the CL final with the knowledge that they have Mbappe coming for next year. 

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9906 on: May 20, 2022, 01:39:57 am »
MacRed nikes this
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9907 on: May 20, 2022, 01:41:11 am »

LOL, this is amazing

Madrid Zone
@theMadridZone
 · 2h
🚨🌕| Kylian Mbappé has an agreement with BOTH Real Madrid and PSG. On Sunday, he will inform both clubs which one he chose. @MarioCortegana #rmalive

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9908 on: May 20, 2022, 01:42:20 am »
I hope he goes to Madrid.  What a fucking waste of a career staying at PSG.  Of course, the money isn’t half bad there so………

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9909 on: May 20, 2022, 02:51:33 am »
On Twitter some people were making a point that under current ownership PSG has never lost a player that it wanted to keep. Telling that ownership you no longer want to play there on live TV with witnesses might be a sad necessity.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9910 on: May 20, 2022, 05:58:48 am »
I hope he goes to Madrid.  What a fucking waste of a career staying at PSG.  Of course, the money isn’t half bad there so………

If he stays at PSG, it won't be just about the money. He is a local Paris kid. He wants to play for a genuine big club (this is why we were in the running, until the bidding became ridiculous), but he can also earn a fortune by staying at his home city, which also happens to be one of the finest cities in the World ...

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9911 on: May 20, 2022, 06:07:58 am »
Romain Molina basically announced Mbappe is staying at PSG - on Twitter... “Money talks (and wins) [Qatar Flag]”

Rumours that he’s being given decision making powers at the club, which sounds odd.

Get ready for the Salah to Madrid “rumours” in the build up to the final. yawn.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 06:16:59 am by Peabee »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9912 on: May 20, 2022, 06:17:43 am »
LOL, this is amazing

Madrid Zone
@theMadridZone
 · 2h
🚨🌕| Kylian Mbappé has an agreement with BOTH Real Madrid and PSG. On Sunday, he will inform both clubs which one he chose. @MarioCortegana #rmalive

Klopp did say that we weren’t getting into that auction. Sounds like this really is the case.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #9913 on: May 20, 2022, 06:51:11 am »
Romain Molina basically announced Mbappe is staying at PSG - on Twitter... “Money talks (and wins) [Qatar Flag]”

Rumours that he’s being given decision making powers at the club, which sounds odd.

Get ready for the Salah to Madrid “rumours” in the build up to the final. yawn.

That is crazy, giving him a say in signing players and hiring/firing manager is an incredibly stupid idea.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9914 on: May 20, 2022, 07:10:06 am »
That is crazy, giving him a say in signing players and hiring/firing manager is an incredibly stupid idea.

It total and utter lunacy for a player who is becoming overrated in my opinion. Messi is the best to ever put a pair of boots on and it did not work out well for Barcelona when they started doing this. No doubting Mbappe is very, very good but the talk is way out of proportion. Maybe I’m just becoming clouded by the fact that he seems a bit of a dickhead and I’d have no problem hating him if he joined a different Premier League side. Massive overpay for PSG. He’s not worth it.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9915 on: May 20, 2022, 07:41:11 am »
It total and utter lunacy for a player who is becoming overrated in my opinion. Messi is the best to ever put a pair of boots on and it did not work out well for Barcelona when they started doing this. No doubting Mbappe is very, very good but the talk is way out of proportion. Maybe I’m just becoming clouded by the fact that he seems a bit of a dickhead and I’d have no problem hating him if he joined a different Premier League side. Massive overpay for PSG. He’s not worth it.

Think you're right,he is the best or one of the best forwards of his generation but i think quite far from the absolute all time best who regularly took control and carried their sometimes inferior respective teams to victory with pure will to win.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9916 on: May 20, 2022, 08:59:02 am »

Klopp did say that we weren’t getting into that auction. Sounds like this really is the case.

You didnt actually believe we would sign him did you?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9917 on: May 20, 2022, 09:05:18 am »
You didnt actually believe we would sign him did you?

Well, Klopp obviously thought we could sign him, but the bidding went too far ...

https://youtu.be/vyOJP1d88as

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9918 on: May 20, 2022, 09:09:56 am »
Well, Klopp obviously thought we could sign him, but the bidding went too far ...

Yeah, no shit it went too far. Obviously there was a price we could sign Mbappe for, which was a price that was never going to be what Mbappe went for.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9919 on: May 20, 2022, 09:11:45 am »

He was just winding us up, all the smartest people do it
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.