Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1736418 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #9800 on: May 12, 2022, 07:30:08 pm »
Surprised they've actually gone for Coutinho. He's basically delivered what I'd expected him to, a few goals and a few assists. Seems like they've paid around 20 odd million, seems pretty normal for even a bottom half Premier League club these days.

Four year deal could be risky on his wages.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9801 on: May 12, 2022, 07:47:50 pm »
No doubt in my mind that Arsenal are the biggest club in London and a bigger club than Man City.

Yup, that is 100% true ...

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9802 on: May 12, 2022, 07:49:49 pm »
No doubt in my mind that Arsenal are the biggest club in London and a bigger club than Man City.
If he doesn't give Arsenal a firm answer soon they should tell him he's no longer needed, "it's nothing Personal, Jesus".

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9803 on: May 12, 2022, 07:50:38 pm »
Surprised they've actually gone for Coutinho. He's basically delivered what I'd expected him to, a few goals and a few assists. Seems like they've paid around 20 odd million, seems pretty normal for even a bottom half Premier League club these days.

Four year deal could be risky on his wages.

If Gerrard can introduce some kind of a 4-2-3-1 setup, where he can accomodate both Coutinho and Buendia, they should be fine ...

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9804 on: May 12, 2022, 07:51:49 pm »
If he doesn't give Arsenal a firm answer soon they should tell him he's no longer needed, "it's nothing Personal, Jesus".

He'll surely resurrect his career at Arsenal

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9805 on: May 12, 2022, 08:12:51 pm »
According to all the usual sources Lewandowski has told Bayern he isn’t signing  a new contract, and wants them to sell him this summer.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9806 on: May 12, 2022, 08:20:49 pm »
According to all the usual sources Lewandowski has told Bayern he isn’t signing  a new contract, and wants them to sell him this summer.

I can see him going to Barcelona ...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9807 on: May 12, 2022, 08:24:49 pm »
I can see him going to Barcelona ...

Wow, REALLY?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9808 on: May 12, 2022, 08:28:26 pm »
Witsel is leaving Dortmund on a free - remember him and Fellaini lining up against us in 2008? 14 years ago that was. What have I done with my life? ;D
Who going to Dortmund 6 next Season?
Dahoud/Can?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9809 on: May 12, 2022, 08:43:59 pm »
Wow, REALLY?

Yes, Barcelona seem to be interested in him, and that is probably why he requests to be sold this summer ...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9810 on: May 12, 2022, 11:24:00 pm »
Yes, Barcelona seem to be interested in him, and that is probably why he requests to be sold this summer ...

I know Mac  ;D  It’s been common knowledge for weeks that he’d want to go there if he left.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9811 on: May 12, 2022, 11:41:08 pm »
I know Mac  ;D  It’s been common knowledge for weeks that he’d want to go there if he left.

How could you have possibly known about it for weeks if MacRed only just told you though?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9812 on: May 13, 2022, 06:45:45 am »

Well, I was surprised you asked, since you know the Bundesliga inside out ...

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9813 on: May 13, 2022, 07:21:03 am »
Wonder what they’re paying Coutinho he was on a huge amount at Barca

Took a 70% pay cut from what I saw yesterday, no idea how true that is though

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #9814 on: May 13, 2022, 09:19:25 am »
Lewandowski and Aubameyang up front?

If they can coax Schweinsteiger and Robben out of retirement and get Ribery from Salernitana, they can recreate the 2014 Bundesliga team of the year.

Lewandowski is clearly still excellent but there’s got to be a point where they look at some of the older, high wage players they’re linked to, as well as their current financial situation and think ‘this isn’t good long term planning.’

Oh wait, no they’re Barcelona and can be allowed to carry on as a financial dumpster fire.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9815 on: May 13, 2022, 09:33:09 am »
Lewandowski and Aubameyang up front?

If they can coax Schweinsteiger and Robben out of retirement and get Ribery from Salernitana, they can recreate the 2014 Bundesliga team of the year.

Lewandowski is clearly still excellent but there’s got to be a point where they look at some of the older, high wage players they’re linked to, as well as their current financial situation and think ‘this isn’t good long term planning.’

Oh wait, no they’re Barcelona and can be allowed to carry on as a financial dumpster fire.

Aren't they meant to be signing Raphinha as well?

His star seems to have waned as Leeds have got progressively poorer this season, but with them probably going down, his apparent relegation clause of £25m will be attractive. I'd still be tempted to go for him in that scenario, and see if he can maybe be moulded into an attacking midfielder for us, while also giving more natural cover on Mo's side of the pitch.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9816 on: May 13, 2022, 12:04:00 pm »
Haaland having a clause is interesting. Higher than 150m euros and kicks in partway through his contract. I guess he wants to ensure he’s able to move to somewhere like Madrid after 2/3 seasons in the PL, depending on the landscape then.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9817 on: May 13, 2022, 12:11:22 pm »
Haaland having a clause is interesting. Higher than 150m euros and kicks in partway through his contract. I guess he wants to ensure he’s able to move to somewhere like Madrid after 2/3 seasons in the PL, depending on the landscape then.

Glad to see Man City as a stepping stone.  ;)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9818 on: May 13, 2022, 01:22:46 pm »

Wouldn’t be surprised if Riola’s plan for him had been similar to that of Ibrahimovic, move every 2 or 3 seasons, get a massive signing bonus and / or agents fee every time.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9819 on: May 13, 2022, 01:41:48 pm »
Chelsea signing Ivan Perisic on a free, according to reports.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9820 on: May 13, 2022, 01:53:10 pm »

Not sure how they benefit from that. They're already well stocked in that regard

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9821 on: May 13, 2022, 02:07:37 pm »

Bit of a dick so he'll fit right in.

Still,always thought of him as a technician and a big game player,33 now though so propably not someone to start every game in the PL.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9822 on: May 13, 2022, 02:09:00 pm »
Not sure how they benefit from that. They're already well stocked in that regard

I think the idea is maybe for him to play LWB, rotating with Chilwell - as I think Alonso is going to Barcelona.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #9823 on: May 13, 2022, 02:24:10 pm »
Been an excellent player over the years has Perisic, struggle to see him making a massive impact in the prem at his age but it's probably a 'do a job' signing and not someone who'll play 35 league games. It's quite hard to call a brilliant player underwhelming but if all of their business is in that vein then I can see them sliding down points wise next season, not that I'd expect them to finish any lower than 5th.

Was always quite happy Man United didn't sign him when Mourinho wanted him about 5/6 years ago. His importance for Inter has only risen and he was even at Bayern the year they won that treble behind closed doors.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9824 on: May 13, 2022, 03:20:28 pm »
I think the idea is maybe for him to play LWB, rotating with Chilwell - as I think Alonso is going to Barcelona.

Didn't realize Alonso was going. Makes more sense now

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9825 on: May 13, 2022, 09:11:25 pm »

He is 33 already. I don't think that he will have much impact in the PL ...

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9826 on: May 14, 2022, 01:57:57 am »
So is that Christensen, Rudiger, Azpilicueta and Alonso all leaving Chelsea in the summer? All are rumoured I believe but only the first two are out of contract.

Normally you'd expect them to throw money at a whole new backline; maybe the new owners will do exactly that as it seems customary for new owners to spend big in order to quiet down any reservations from the fans, but they seem to be leaving themselves in a bad spot.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #9827 on: May 14, 2022, 01:31:54 pm »
Arsenal close to a deal for Marquinhos (no, not that one)

Arsenal are pursuing a deal to sign Sao Paulo forward Marquinhos for an expected fee of around €3.5 million, The Athletic understands.

The 19-year-old has turned down multiple contract extension offers from the Brazilian club, with Arsenal understood to have exploited his contractual situation to land the forward for a bargain price.

Marquinhos is expected to miss Sao Paulo’s league game against Cuiaba on Sunday to help finalise the deal. It is understood that Arsenal’s technical director Edu has been leading the negotiations with Sao Paulo.

Arsenal are looking to strengthen their attack in the upcoming market and The Athletic reported in April that the club have explored the option of purchasing Manchester City’s Gabriel Jesus. Marquinhos, however, is regarded as a development player and will not be a barrier to other first-team acquisitions.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9828 on: May 14, 2022, 01:53:11 pm »

Is he going to be one of those random south americans that gets a work permit for another team - but wouldn't for us?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9829 on: May 16, 2022, 08:22:27 am »
Maxwel Cornet has a £17.5m release clause if Burnley go down. I reckon quite a few teams outside the top six/eight would be interested.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9830 on: May 16, 2022, 08:45:38 am »
Maxwel Cornet has a £17.5m release clause if Burnley go down. I reckon quite a few teams outside the top six/eight would be interested.

Will be a very good deal for someone for sure.

I’m not entirely sure what his best long term position is. Spurs are well stocked at left wing back otherwise could have seen him doing well there in Conte’s system.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #9831 on: May 16, 2022, 08:50:05 am »

Hopefully he stays at Burnley because that’d likely mean them and Leeds have relegated the Ev.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #9832 on: May 16, 2022, 11:26:37 am »

Crikey, Barca are a financial basket case precisely because of signing older players entering decline, on big wages, with no sell on value.

Luis Suarez is on a free - will he go back?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #9833 on: May 16, 2022, 11:51:41 am »
Journos were saying Suarez got told in November that his performances had dropped and he would be let go. Atletico smelled it a mile off, the lad just can't sprint anymore. Think he's done at a title challenging team for the top 3 leagues.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9834 on: May 16, 2022, 12:47:46 pm »

If we were in for him he wouldn't get a work permit.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9835 on: May 16, 2022, 07:14:30 pm »
Gundogan leaving City in the summer. Think they probably need a couple midfielders, they’re relatively light there - Rodri, De Bruyne and Silva is about it, with Fernandinho also leaving.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #9836 on: May 16, 2022, 08:57:31 pm »
I think we'll need to get our business done pretty early this window because City will probably buy half of a new squad for Pep as they replace Gundogan, Fernandinho, Sterling, Jesus, and Mendy. Newcastle will be spending big money too which means the market will inflate pretty quickly this summer. If the Vieira and Tchouameni shouts are real, hopefully we can wrap it up within the next few weeks before the madness begins.

Its crazy that for most teams a Sterling, Jesus and Sane front 3 would be starters and at their peak given their current age around this time but somehow City have gotten rid of 1 and are actively ridding themselves of the other 2 to buy the flavor of the month players.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 09:00:18 pm by AmanShah21 »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9837 on: May 16, 2022, 08:58:47 pm »
We have done it pretty early. 2 waiting to be confirmed and the third is getting there.

Possibly a fourth one too.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #9838 on: May 16, 2022, 09:04:47 pm »
We have done it pretty early. 2 waiting to be confirmed and the third is getting there.

Possibly a fourth one too.

Carvalho and ??
Is Vieira done?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9839 on: May 16, 2022, 09:07:56 pm »
Carvalho and Calvin Ramsay are done.

Tchoo Tchoo is looking good.

Vieira is possible too.