Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1730656 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #9680 on: May 5, 2022, 11:34:26 pm »
True Rivals that we may play twice a year? Uhh, I think you're just projecting what you want to project unless you can predict the future which if so then what are you doing here? You're also completely ignoring the actual worst case scenario of PSG setting a new market for what top end talent can ask for in wages/bonus.

That market has already been set when they signed Neymar and Messi. And like Neymar and Messi, Mbappe will be getting most of his money through "ambassadorial" and "consultancy" deals with the state of Qatar. You certainly don't think that the €100 million signing-on fee for Mbappe will appear on PSG's books?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9681 on: May 5, 2022, 11:40:06 pm »
That market has already been set when they signed Neymar and Messi. And like Neymar and Messi, Mbappe will be getting most of his money through "ambassadorial" and "consultancy" deals with the state of Qatar. You certainly don't think that the €100 million signing-on fee for Mbappe will appear on PSG's books?

Why wouldn't it? What would PSG be afraid of when they run the ECA and are on the UEFA board while already having won in court vs. UEFA? I get that you just type what you feel but at some point reality should hit. They don't need to hide anything. Further Neymar and Messi's wages are no where near this right now. We're talking €2m a week gross basically if I understand the French tax system correctly.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9682 on: May 6, 2022, 12:07:25 am »
Why wouldn't it? What would PSG be afraid of when they run the ECA and are on the UEFA board while already having won in court vs. UEFA? I get that you just type what you feel but at some point reality should hit. They don't need to hide anything. Further Neymar and Messi's wages are no where near this right now. We're talking €2m a week gross basically if I understand the French tax system correctly.

Officially, they are not. But it seems that you have missed these ...

https://www.qnb.com/sites/qnb/qnbglobal/en/ennews9dec18news

https://www.ooredoo.com/en/who_we_are/sponsorship/our-brand-ambassador/

There are many more, but I can't bother looking for them all at this time ...

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9683 on: May 6, 2022, 02:05:30 am »
Officially, they are not. But it seems that you have missed these ...

https://www.qnb.com/sites/qnb/qnbglobal/en/ennews9dec18news

https://www.ooredoo.com/en/who_we_are/sponsorship/our-brand-ambassador/

There are many more, but I can't bother looking for them all at this time ...

Yeah, you're still wrong. Even if they add more money on top Messi is at €1.2m/week and Neymar is on €1.08m/week. Mbappe's new deal would almost double that. All to make sure he's wearing PSG colors for the World Cup marketing push. This has no relation to anything real and again exacerbates the wage market for players. But focus on Real Madrid's basically immaterial rivalry to us, whatever....

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9684 on: May 6, 2022, 07:04:20 am »
Yeah, you're still wrong. Even if they add more money on top Messi is at €1.2m/week and Neymar is on €1.08m/week. Mbappe's new deal would almost double that. All to make sure he's wearing PSG colors for the World Cup marketing push. This has no relation to anything real and again exacerbates the wage market for players. But focus on Real Madrid's basically immaterial rivalry to us, whatever....

Yeah, lets not focus on unimportant immaterial rivalry like 2 Champions League finals in 4 years. Who cares about that?

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #9685 on: May 6, 2022, 08:49:50 am »
Good. We don't have a place for him on the team at the moment. If he improves, we will sign him in two years ...
:lmao

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9686 on: May 6, 2022, 09:51:32 am »
The MBappe reported numbers are fucking disgusting. Football is dead if this continues to happen.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9687 on: May 6, 2022, 10:18:47 am »
The MBappe reported numbers are fucking disgusting. Football is dead if this continues to happen.

Let them pay that. Means they won't be able to afford Tchouameni too.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9688 on: May 6, 2022, 11:42:14 am »
If that Mbappe contract happens I wonder how many wage bills of whole clubs it beats in that league? Must be a hell of a lot!

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9689 on: May 6, 2022, 11:53:02 am »
If that Mbappe contract happens I wonder how many wage bills of whole clubs it beats in that league? Must be a hell of a lot!

Ofcourse it will. Ive seen some justify it by saying his value to PSG goes up to 150mil instead of a free but theres no justifying that.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9690 on: May 6, 2022, 11:56:42 am »

Using some Swiss Ramble numbers from 2019/20 there were 3 other clubs in the entire league that paid wages in excess of Mbappe's reported 100m a year gross. They were Marseille at 118, Monaco at 121 and Lyon at 132. Massive and historic clubs like Marseille paying just in excess of 1 player is enough to make you throw up.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9691 on: May 6, 2022, 12:56:18 pm »
Let them pay that. Means they won't be able to afford Tchouameni too.

I have a feeling PSG won't have any trouble finding the money to get Tchouameni too. 

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9692 on: May 6, 2022, 01:04:40 pm »
I have a feeling PSG won't have any trouble finding the money to get Tchouameni too.
He's made it clear he wants to move abroad apparently.
Also was talking about Madrid. I don't believe he'll stay at PSG.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9693 on: May 6, 2022, 10:34:35 pm »
Wonder who newcastles big signing will be? If I had to guess now I’d say someone like Dybala.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9694 on: May 6, 2022, 10:44:23 pm »
Wonder who newcastles big signing will be? If I had to guess now I’d say someone like Dybala.

Nope, Dybala seems to be going to Inter. Probably Lukaku ...

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9695 on: May 7, 2022, 12:17:36 am »
Nope, Dybala seems to be going to Inter. Probably Lukaku ...
I said someone like but anyway I’m going with Sterling now..

Offline asif_00013

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9696 on: May 7, 2022, 06:56:08 am »

I wouldn’t rule out Pogba to be honest.

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9697 on: May 7, 2022, 07:52:04 am »
I wouldn’t rule out Pogba to be honest.

Pogba widely reported to be condsidering a move across Manchester.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9698 on: May 7, 2022, 08:09:30 am »

Yep, Bury are back so looking for a marquee signing.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9699 on: May 7, 2022, 09:20:08 am »

Lucas Paqueta, apparently.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9700 on: May 7, 2022, 09:24:10 am »

He’s a really, really good operator. Would be a smart signing with his best days ahead of him. Would make a nice link up with Guimaraes again as well.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9701 on: May 7, 2022, 09:53:14 am »

This is the ONE thing I like about City. Their penchant for pretending to want players associated with Man U to force them into offering stupid wages to a player who'll cause them massive problems or is just sh!t. First Sanchez, then Fred, then Ron now Carlton Pogba. It's genius. 

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9702 on: May 7, 2022, 12:53:35 pm »
He’s a really, really good operator. Would be a smart signing with his best days ahead of him. Would make a nice link up with Guimaraes again as well.
Yeah. He's a baller in every sense of the word.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #9703 on: May 7, 2022, 03:52:01 pm »

That would be a coup.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9704 on: May 7, 2022, 03:57:58 pm »
That would be a coup.
Whereas Richarlison would be a coo
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #9705 on: May 7, 2022, 04:02:10 pm »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #9706 on: May 8, 2022, 11:48:23 pm »
Small sample size but Nketiah is putting up really legit numbers

https://fbref.com/en/players/a53649b7/Eddie-Nketiah

Be interesting to see what happens to him this summer, if Arsenal are really going to let him go a smart club will probably take a punt on him... Birghton, Leicester?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9708 on: May 9, 2022, 08:01:14 am »
Haaland to City done deal

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1523555889600286720?s=21&t=AyQ04GnSOolaEXk18VGnYQ

Few others interesting bits from him in his column. Says Pogba has turned down City, despite them offering an excellent package. Sounds like he’ll go to either PSG, Madrid or Juve.

Tielemans is Arsenal’s top midfield target, and they’re offering Elneny a new deal.

And Olise is in talks to extend his Palace contract by a further year, not with a salary boost but in order to raise his release clause to the £50m plus mark.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9709 on: May 9, 2022, 08:38:21 am »
Small sample size but Nketiah is putting up really legit numbers

https://fbref.com/en/players/a53649b7/Eddie-Nketiah

Be interesting to see what happens to him this summer, if Arsenal are really going to let him go a smart club will probably take a punt on him... Birghton, Leicester?

He’d be excellent at Brighton, though arsenal would be mad not to try everything to extend his deal.

They still need another forward (probably 2) but it’s clear there is a good player there.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9710 on: May 9, 2022, 08:48:07 am »
He’d be excellent at Brighton, though arsenal would be mad not to try everything to extend his deal.

They still need another forward (probably 2) but it’s clear there is a good player there.

Palace were close to getting him in January, good thing that fell through over a couple of millions. He ll end up there or at west ham in my opinion.

Id like him to stay, but he wont be first choice so only if hes happy to be a back up. The problem we have now is one striker that does everything but score in Lacazette, and one that scores but does very little else in Nketiah. I think its more likely they both leave, Jesus to come in + 1 more.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #9711 on: May 9, 2022, 09:01:32 am »
Palace were close to getting him in January, good thing that fell through over a couple of millions. He ll end up there or at west ham in my opinion.

Id like him to stay, but he wont be first choice so only if hes happy to be a back up. The problem we have now is one striker that does everything but score in Lacazette, and one that scores but does very little else in Nketiah. I think its more likely they both leave, Jesus to come in + 1 more.

So you’ll have watched him more than me but his numbers don’t look like a striker that scores and does nothing else - looks like he looks after the ball, creates a decent amount and his defensive numbers are really good … but small sample size so maybe they’re not sustainable (and sub effects)
One thing that is true - if he could sustain these numbers it would be really tough / expensive to replicate in the market

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9712 on: May 9, 2022, 05:37:28 pm »
So you’ll have watched him more than me but his numbers don’t look like a striker that scores and does nothing else - looks like he looks after the ball, creates a decent amount and his defensive numbers are really good … but small sample size so maybe they’re not sustainable (and sub effects)
One thing that is true - if he could sustain these numbers it would be really tough / expensive to replicate in the market

He was a striker that scored and done little else, couldn't hold it up, couldn't play off him, couldn't play runners in or that. But, he has improved with this latest run, he's understanding the role more and its showing in his performances. Obviously confidence and an actual run of games has helped with this.

I was happy with losing him and Laca this summer & replacing them with 2 players. However, his form has made me think twice. Could we get away with signing 1 striker and giving Eddie more time, would he be happy to stay if we did so, is it too much of a gamble and better to get a more senior player with a different skill set? All depends on budget as well I suppose.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #9713 on: May 9, 2022, 05:40:29 pm »
Sky Germany

Bayern want to buy Mane this summer

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9714 on: May 9, 2022, 06:18:42 pm »
Haaland to City done deal

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1523555889600286720?s=21&t=AyQ04GnSOolaEXk18VGnYQ

Wonder if this is the same Haaland who was talking about human rights abuse in Qatar ?!

I hope ive got the wrong person otherwise he'll sound like a hypocrite 😂

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9715 on: May 9, 2022, 06:34:09 pm »
Wonder if this is the same Haaland who was talking about human rights abuse in Qatar ?!

I hope ive got the wrong person otherwise he'll sound like a hypocrite 😂

you honestly don’t think he gave that a seconds thought I am sure! Just a couple years ago Gundogan wore a t-shirt when with the German squad making a stand againgst human rights abusers.

Majority of footballers are ignorant and have zero self awareness. They don’t even get that what they are doing is utterly hypocritical. Same for Guardiola and his public stance for Catalan prisoners while taking millions in payment every year from am emirate state that jails gay people.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9716 on: May 9, 2022, 06:40:31 pm »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9717 on: May 9, 2022, 06:45:21 pm »
you honestly don’t think he gave that a seconds thought I am sure! Just a couple years ago Gundogan wore a t-shirt when with the German squad making a stand againgst human rights abusers.

Majority of footballers are ignorant and have zero self awareness. They don’t even get that what they are doing is utterly hypocritical. Same for Guardiola and his public stance for Catalan prisoners while taking millions in payment every year from am emirate state that jails gay people.

Of course not you dont need to be intelligent to keep your mouth shut though !

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9718 on: May 9, 2022, 07:05:28 pm »
Of course not you dont need to be intelligent to keep your mouth shut though !

they don’t care.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #9719 on: May 9, 2022, 08:42:49 pm »
Few others interesting bits from him in his column. Says Pogba has turned down City, despite them offering an excellent package. Sounds like he’ll go to either PSG, Madrid or Juve.

I hope Pogback goes to Madrid. That should leave us with a clear run at Tchouameni.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close