Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1736931 times)

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #9640 on: May 2, 2022, 11:06:48 am »
I thought Barca were skinned and in extreme debt, what has changed? Authorities blatantly ignoring to keep La Liga competitive and commercial attractive? 6 months ago they could even register new players, now they want the Ballon D'or winner - something is fishy

If they can raise enough money through sales, they can sign new players. If Gavi signs his new contract, De Jong will very likely be on the market, so they will be able to afford Lewandowski, who only has 12 months left on his contract at Bayern. At the same time, it will allow Bayern to sign Haaland. Like I said above, it makes sense for everyone involved ...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9641 on: May 2, 2022, 03:21:50 pm »
Nico Schlotterbeck’s move to Dortmund to be announced in the next couple days according to BILD.

He’s a really good young player, and is having a fantastic season with Freiburg. Here’s hoping he doesn’t go the way of far too many defenders who sign for Dortmund and end up picking up frequent injuries and never fulfill their potential  ::)

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9642 on: May 2, 2022, 03:26:34 pm »
Nico Schlotterbeck’s move to Dortmund to be announced in the next couple days according to BILD.

He’s a really good young player, and is having a fantastic season with Freiburg. Here’s hoping he doesn’t go the way of far too many defenders who sign for Dortmund and end up picking up frequent injuries and never fulfill their potential  ::)

Aren't they also signing Sule? It seems that Dortmund are already reinvesting the Haaland money, but they've decided to fix the defence first ...

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9643 on: May 2, 2022, 04:23:47 pm »
And Ginter going to Freiburg. That one surprises me a little, always expected him to make his way to a lower PL side.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9644 on: May 2, 2022, 04:52:44 pm »
And Ginter going to Freiburg. That one surprises me a little, always expected him to make his way to a lower PL side.

Freiburg is his home, and a return to the club he loves  ;D

It’s a great coup for Freiburg though, he is still only 28 too, so yes, for sure could have made a move now to another league and likely done far better financially for it.  He’d have gone to better than ‘lower PL side’ too. He was moving to Inter or Bayern a few days ago if the press was to be believed!

But Freiburg will be in European competition too next season. All in all, great for Freiburg and great for Ginter for choosing to go back to where it began.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9645 on: May 2, 2022, 05:53:53 pm »
If they can raise enough money through sales, they can sign new players. If Gavi signs his new contract, De Jong will very likely be on the market, so they will be able to afford Lewandowski, who only has 12 months left on his contract at Bayern. At the same time, it will allow Bayern to sign Haaland. Like I said above, it makes sense for everyone involved ...
Bayern are not likely to sign Haaland. Lewy's is just pissed off that they were courting him. He also wants a longer deal than the 1-year extension Bayern is offering.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9646 on: May 2, 2022, 06:49:11 pm »
Bayern are not likely to sign Haaland. Lewy's is just pissed off that they were courting him. He also wants a longer deal than the 1-year extension Bayern is offering.

We will see what the summer brings. Anyway, Lewandowski to Barcelona and Haaland to Bayern Munich makes sense for everyone involved ...

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9647 on: May 2, 2022, 06:51:04 pm »
I thought Barca were skinned and in extreme debt, what has changed? Authorities blatantly ignoring to keep La Liga competitive and commercial attractive? 6 months ago they could even register new players, now they want the Ballon D'or winner - something is fishy
they have recently signed a naming rights deal on their stadium with Spotify worth around Ł200m so that probably helps
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9648 on: May 3, 2022, 11:50:00 am »
United going big on Darwin Nunez apparently.

Also read that they tried to hijack Dortmund’s move for Adeyemi but we’re turned down by the player.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2022, 11:51:36 am by Barefoot Doctor »

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9649 on: May 3, 2022, 12:10:45 pm »
United going big on Darwin Nunez apparently.

Also read that they tried to hijack Dortmund’s move for Adeyemi but we’re turned down by the player.

If Nunez is only interested in the money, he will go there. If he wants a great career, he will have better offers this summer. Arsenal or Tottenham (if Kane leaves) would be much better places for him ...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9650 on: May 3, 2022, 12:14:18 pm »
If Nunez is only interested in the money, he will go there. If he wants a great career, he will have better offers this summer. Arsenal or Tottenham (if Kane leaves) would be much better places for him ...
Is Conte staying at Spurs or are these PSG links true? Cause they wouldn't be high up on a player's list to join then.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9651 on: May 4, 2022, 12:43:41 am »
Why are Barcelona signing so many players in their 30s?, for a team that are as in the shit financially as they are, you'd think they'd be keeping their powder dry for a while, and focusing on prospects.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #9652 on: May 4, 2022, 02:56:33 am »
Why are Barcelona signing so many players in their 30s?, for a team that are as in the shit financially as they are, you'd think they'd be keeping their powder dry for a while, and focusing on prospects.

Gotta keep the members happy by signing big players otherwise the president gets the boot.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9653 on: May 4, 2022, 09:45:51 am »
I saw on Facebook (I think) that Barca 'think' United will offer them some players to try and sign De Jong. Telles, Rashford and.....Maguire :D

And going by their recent signings, you wouldn't even be surprised to see them sign Dum-Dum
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #9654 on: May 4, 2022, 10:43:37 am »

They have loads of promising young players (Araujo, Gavi, Nico, Fati, Pedri, Balde) and need better players at the late 20s/early 30s age range to guide them. Pique and Busquets are both mid 30s and won't be in the team much longer. Not sure how old Alba is either but I assume he's around that age range too.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9655 on: May 4, 2022, 11:28:51 am »
I saw on Facebook (I think) that Barca 'think' United will offer them some players to try and sign De Jong. Telles, Rashford and.....Maguire :D

And going by their recent signings, you wouldn't even be surprised to see them sign Dum-Dum

Really easy to see him slot in Barcelona learning the language,savouring the culture etc.,seems such a cosmopolite.  :)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9656 on: May 4, 2022, 04:02:06 pm »
SC Freiburg confirm the return of Matthias Ginter on a free transfer.

https://twitter.com/scfreiburg/status/1521829723751469056?s

What a great signing for Freiburg, softens the blow of losing Nico Schlotterbeck too!

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9657 on: May 4, 2022, 05:51:03 pm »
Speaking of Barca

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Barcelona have no intention to pay €30m buy option for Adama Traoré. The only way to keep him has always been a swap deal, with no money included in the negotiation with Wolves. 🇪🇸 #FCB

As of today, there are chances for Adama to come back at Wolves and then leave again

So when this deal was made the rumor was Adama cut his wages to basically nothing and that Barca would then make it up next season with an extension otherwise this deal wasn't even possible. Now they're reneging on that. Wonder if at some point Barca will start to look a bit unreliable in their dealings as they keep making promises but their checks don't cash.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9658 on: May 4, 2022, 08:54:27 pm »
L’Equipe think Nkunku wants out of Leipzig this summer, although they’re adamant they won’t sell. City, United, PSG and Bayern touted as possible destinations.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9659 on: May 4, 2022, 09:00:25 pm »
L’Equipe think Nkunku wants out of Leipzig this summer, although they’re adamant they won’t sell. City, United, PSG and Bayern touted as possible destinations.

Well, he is a PSG youth product, so he will probably go home ...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #9660 on: May 5, 2022, 08:38:42 am »
Wow, Ginter to Freiburg. Always thought a big European club would swoop in for him, an Atletico or a Juventus maybe.

I hope Nkunku doesn’t come to the Premier League unless it’s to us.

Barca have been operating like an FM outfit for the past several years and players still don’t seem to see the detrimental effect on their career that can cause. Doing what it seems they plan to do to Traore is scummy behaviour.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #9661 on: May 5, 2022, 03:10:42 pm »
RMC reporting Caqueret extending with Lyon until 2026.

So when this deal was made the rumor was Adama cut his wages to basically nothing and that Barca would then make it up next season with an extension otherwise this deal wasn't even possible. Now they're reneging on that. Wonder if at some point Barca will start to look a bit unreliable in their dealings as they keep making promises but their checks don't cash.

Given the way they treated Yusuf Demar, I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them. Mes que un club? More like Mes que un c*nt.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9662 on: May 5, 2022, 04:24:27 pm »

They've been doing it for years now. They have a great crop of youngsters (17-19), a bunch of over 30s whose legs have long gone and nothing in between, other than someone like De Jong who will probably get sold to bring in cash.

One of the problems now is they can't afford the transfer fees for players in or approaching their prime, so they just stick with buying players in their 30s whose contracts are up. If we don't agree contracts with them they'll be in for Salah, Mane or Bobby next year.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2022, 04:35:25 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9663 on: May 5, 2022, 07:19:42 pm »
A report in France saying Mbappe has agreed in principle a deal to stay at PSG for another two years.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9664 on: May 5, 2022, 07:23:23 pm »
A report in France saying Mbappe has agreed in principle a deal to stay at PSG for another two years.

Eye watering numbers too.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9665 on: May 5, 2022, 07:29:47 pm »
Basically he could've retired tonight and live the rest of his life drinking champagne.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9666 on: May 5, 2022, 07:45:28 pm »
PSG's contractual offer for Kylian Mbappé, according to @le_Parisien :

- Salary of 50M € net/year
 - Signing bonus of 100M € net
 - 2 year contract + 1 year option

Absolutely mental numbers- must be close to €400m gross.

Mbappe stays and Haaland to Madrid would be a good outcome

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #9667 on: May 5, 2022, 07:50:27 pm »

Gross indeed. Almost €1m a week even without the bonus.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9668 on: May 5, 2022, 08:04:39 pm »

Seems like a very fair set-up for FFP type situations/commercial revenues etc.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9669 on: May 5, 2022, 08:11:32 pm »
Guess they'll adjust the pumps like 0,1% to pay Mbappe.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9670 on: May 5, 2022, 08:12:34 pm »
By my basic maths his salary must be around 2 million a week before the tax man has even looked at him. Absolutely brainless amounts of money. For each game of football he plays he’ll earn roughly a million euros.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9671 on: May 5, 2022, 08:42:20 pm »

Good. We don't have a place for him on the team at the moment. If he improves, we will sign him in two years ...

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9672 on: May 5, 2022, 08:44:49 pm »

Holy shit

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9673 on: May 5, 2022, 09:55:53 pm »
Thats great news because hopefully Madrid turn their attention to Haaland.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9674 on: May 5, 2022, 10:24:46 pm »
Thats great news because hopefully Madrid turn their attention to Haaland.

I was hoping that Haaland would end up at Bayern Munich. Real Madrid with the Vinicius-Haaland-Rodrygo attacking line would be dangerous for years to come ...

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9675 on: May 5, 2022, 10:35:25 pm »
The stated amounts for Mbappe's contract exceeds the Neymar transfer fee but nobody will talk like it's a "world record" or anything like that. Think it's a real disservice to fans as it hides what's really going on here. Just like all the net spend crap with us, if you don't account for the wages it doesn't give you a full picture.

Also once again makes a mockery of the game by a sportswasher. His salary will exceed the wages of every other Ligue 1 team on his own. Like seriously, what's the point even?

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9676 on: May 5, 2022, 10:44:02 pm »
The stated amounts for Mbappe's contract exceeds the Neymar transfer fee but nobody will talk like it's a "world record" or anything like that. Think it's a real disservice to fans as it hides what's really going on here. Just like all the net spend crap with us, if you don't account for the wages it doesn't give you a full picture.

Also once again makes a mockery of the game by a sportswasher. His salary will exceed the wages of every other Ligue 1 team on his own. Like seriously, what's the point even?

Do we even care? He is a Paris boy who plays in his home town. For us, it is more important that he is not going to Real Madrid, as they are our true rivals ...

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9677 on: May 5, 2022, 10:54:50 pm »
Do we even care? He is a Paris boy who plays in his home town. For us, it is more important that he is not going to Real Madrid, as they are our true rivals ...

If you don't think eventually we'll be priced out for top talent then sure, let the sports washers spend whatever they want. Or do you think that people would just turn down double or triple the money consistently? If so then you have more faith in humanity than I do.

As far as going to Madrid, they're just a good team nothing great. If you think just adding Mbappe would make them unassailable then there's probably nothing more anybody could say to you that would matter.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9678 on: May 5, 2022, 11:19:26 pm »
If you don't think eventually we'll be priced out for top talent then sure, let the sports washers spend whatever they want. Or do you think that people would just turn down double or triple the money consistently? If so then you have more faith in humanity than I do.

As far as going to Madrid, they're just a good team nothing great. If you think just adding Mbappe would make them unassailable then there's probably nothing more anybody could say to you that would matter.

Mbappe going to Real Madrid would have seen him combined with 2 other very talented young attackers in Vinicius and Rodrygo. They do have the pull and the finances, so they could also add Tchouameni to Camavinga and Valverde, and suddenly you have a very talented and very young front 6.

Their entire strategy of not spending on players over the last 2-3 years was based on 2 main targets: 1. Upgrading the stadium and 2. Getting Mbappe. With Mbappe staying at PSG, Real Madrid will have to look for a new plan.

Like I have said, they are true rivals for us. The likes of PSG and Man City are irrelevant for us in the big picture ...
« Last Edit: May 5, 2022, 11:25:11 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9679 on: May 5, 2022, 11:26:38 pm »
Mbappe going to Real Madrid would have seen him combined with 2 other very talented young attackers in Vinicius and Rodrygo. They do have the pull and the finances, so they could also add Tchouameni to Camavinga and Valverde, and suddenly you have a very talented and very young front 6.

Their entire strategy of not spending on players over the last 2-3 years was based on 2 main targets: 1. Upgrading the stadium and 2. Getting Mbappe. With Mbappe staying at PSG, Real Madrid will have to look for a new plan.

Like I have said, they are a true rivals for us. The likes of PSG and Man City are irrelevant for us in the big picture ...

True Rivals that we may play twice a year? Uhh, I think you're just projecting what you want to project unless you can predict the future which if so then what are you doing here? You're also completely ignoring the actual worst case scenario of PSG setting a new market for what top end talent can ask for in wages/bonus.