Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1739058 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #9600 on: April 26, 2022, 02:32:33 pm »
The money men wouldn't have to worry about it, because we wouldn't sign him because he'd give the money men too much to worry about.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9601 on: April 26, 2022, 02:36:59 pm »
He'd be on more than Trent, having done way less.  No chance we bring him in on that sort of wage, never happening.  I like him as a player, but he's just nowhere near that wage in relation to what he'd bring to our team.

For that kind of money for a CM, I'd expect someone of the level of Thiago, and he took a paycut to play here. Does De Jong equal Thiago as a controller or as a worker? AFAIK he's not a goalscorer.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #9602 on: April 26, 2022, 02:56:18 pm »
I know that some people don't share my enthusiasm, but I would be all over De Jong if he is on the market. Incredibly versatile and intelligent midfielder, and yet to turn 25. He would be amazing on this LFC team ...

https://youtu.be/bvGWLCXNJvs

Just screams of someone United will pay £70m for and hand a £375k/week contract to “because he played under Ten Hag before so he’ll win the Ballon d’or playing for us”.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9603 on: April 26, 2022, 03:11:55 pm »
For that kind of money for a CM, I'd expect someone of the level of Thiago, and he took a paycut to play here. Does De Jong equal Thiago as a controller or as a worker? AFAIK he's not a goalscorer.
Just screams of someone United will pay £70m for and hand a £375k/week contract to “because he played under Ten Hag before so he’ll win the Ballon d’or playing for us”.

Well, Man Utd have pursued Thiago, before he has joined Bayern Munich ...

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9604 on: April 26, 2022, 03:16:29 pm »
Well, Man Utd have pursued Thiago, before he has joined Bayern Munich ...

Using that logic, should we pursue his mate Donny Van de Beek too? Not only were Man Utd interested in him, they actually went and signed him.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #9605 on: April 26, 2022, 03:19:49 pm »
Using that logic, should we pursue his mate Donny Van de Beek too? Not only were Man Utd interested in him, they actually went and signed him.

Never a fan of Dawsons Creek, too much privilege and pouty faces.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9606 on: April 26, 2022, 03:26:55 pm »

Well, it is your logic that says any player pursued by Man Utd is a poor player ...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9607 on: April 26, 2022, 03:28:51 pm »
Well, it is your logic that says any player pursued by Man Utd is a poor player ...

When did he say that? :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9608 on: April 26, 2022, 03:34:10 pm »
Anyway, I leave you to the recommendations of your Twitter experts. I will continue to watch my football, and pick my preferred players. I don't need someone sitting in the basement of his parents' house telling me what a good player is ...

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9609 on: April 26, 2022, 03:40:18 pm »
Anyway, I leave you to the recommendations of your Twitter experts. I will continue to watch my football, and pick my preferred players. I don't need someone sitting in the basement of his parents' house telling me what a good player is ...

I don't believe I've named anyone as a good player. I'm knowledgable enough about my ignorance that I don't go around saying that this player or that player is good. The only thing I will say that I'm knowledgable about on is recognition of BS arguments. Pointing to past Man Utd interest in Thiago as a way of arguing for Frenkie De Jong is, indeed, a BS argument.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9610 on: April 26, 2022, 03:43:57 pm »
I don't believe I've named anyone as a good player. I'm knowledgable enough about my ignorance that I don't go around saying that this player or that player is good. The only thing I will say that I'm knowledgable about on is recognition of BS arguments. Pointing to past Man Utd interest in Thiago as a way of arguing for Frenkie De Jong is, indeed, a BS argument.

Also everyone knows you don't get good wifi in the basement. I post from my parents shed which is not great, but better then the basement. Get more sunlight too if I open the door.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9611 on: April 26, 2022, 03:50:14 pm »
Also everyone knows you don't get good wifi in the basement. I post from my parents shed which is not great, but better then the basement. Get more sunlight too if I open the door.

Pro-tip: sit on the roof when you're receiving or sending. You can go in the shed when you're writing your post, but remember to climb back up before you click on send.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9612 on: April 26, 2022, 03:54:36 pm »
Pro-tip: sit on the roof when you're receiving or sending. You can go in the shed when you're writing your post, but remember to climb back up before you click on send.

Sometimes I am a bit unsure whether to click post so I end up sitting on the fence until I decide.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9613 on: April 26, 2022, 03:59:48 pm »
Well, I was referring to the Twitter "experts" when I mentioned the basement, but good to see that some of the "experts" from here have recognized themselves in the post :lmao

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #9614 on: April 26, 2022, 04:00:28 pm »

I always have my tin foil hat on and it helps me get the best Wi-Fi in the basement, highly recommend it.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9615 on: April 26, 2022, 06:05:30 pm »
Never a fan of Dawsons Creek, too much privilege and pouty faces.

No beak, either...

Dawson's Beak...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #9616 on: April 28, 2022, 11:51:10 am »
Do clubs now think everyone who flopped at a Premier League club will now magically become Salah if they bring them back?

Borussia Dortmund set to rival Manchester United for Ajax striker Sebastien Haller

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9617 on: April 28, 2022, 11:57:45 am »
Do clubs now think everyone who flopped at a Premier League club will now magically become Salah if they bring them back?

Borussia Dortmund set to rival Manchester United for Ajax striker Sebastien Haller

To be fair, Haller is a good striker, and has already proved himself in the Bundesliga (33 goals and 19 assists in 77 games for Eintracht Frankfurt) ...

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #9618 on: April 28, 2022, 12:04:00 pm »

West Ham has been a striker’s graveyard, I wouldn't write someone off if they didn’t shoot the lights out there.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 12:07:27 pm by Red Cactii »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #9619 on: April 28, 2022, 12:44:05 pm »
Yeah I've got to say I really do rate Haller, he's maybe not the profile of Striker I'd look at but he's excellent and certainly good enough for the league. West Ham didn't set up in a way that suited him - there's a reason their top scorer is actually a late-arriving goalscoring wide player and there's only one player who you'd describe as a proper striker in their squad at present. Antonio is a converted wide player too, who's there to use his physicality to create space for others and chase lost causes, he has 10 goals this season which isn't bad, but is a pretty low tally for a side with pretensions of getting into the top European spots.

“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9620 on: April 28, 2022, 12:47:25 pm »
Mino Raiola has died.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9621 on: April 28, 2022, 12:48:40 pm »
Mino Raiola has died.
The man has been a perpetual shitstain on the whole sport, but obviously it's sad he's passed away

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9622 on: April 28, 2022, 12:49:13 pm »
Mino Raiola has died.
Oh wow. Never liked the guy but no one should go that young.

Thoughts to his friends and family.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9623 on: April 28, 2022, 12:51:41 pm »
The man has been a perpetual shitstain on the whole sport, but obviously it's sad he's passed away

He was certainly bad for football.

Haaland, Gravenberch were on the move this summer too.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9624 on: April 28, 2022, 01:59:01 pm »
Mino Raiola has died.

No he hasn't! If you going to type that, better check your sources, even if it is for a rat of the highest magnitude.

He seems to have tweeted in fact:

Mino Raiola official statement: “Current health status for the ones wondering: pissed off second time in 4 months they kill me. Seem also able to ressuscitate”.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9625 on: April 28, 2022, 02:17:20 pm »
No he hasn't! If you going to type that, better check your sources, even if it is for a rat of the highest magnitude.

Mino Raiola official statement: “Current health status for the ones wondering: pissed off second time in 4 months they kill me. Seem also able to ressuscitate”.
To be fair, at that stage, loads of places were reporting his death. That does now seem to have been exaggerated but he is in critical care.

He was pronounced dead, then he was transferred to a better hospital where doctors upgraded his condition to alive.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9626 on: April 28, 2022, 02:24:58 pm »
To be fair, at that stage, loads of places were reporting his death. That does now seem to have been exaggerated but he is in critical care.

He was pronounced dead, then he was transferred to a better hospital where doctors upgraded his condition to alive.

No sources with repute pronounced him dead. AP or associated press would be the one to go with, or wait for the BBC.

"He was pronounced dead, then he was transferred to a better hospital where doctors upgraded his condition to alive."

Not sure this is possible, death, unlike player transfers, tends to be irreversible!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9627 on: April 28, 2022, 02:28:28 pm »
No sources with repute pronounced him dead. AP or associated press would be the one to go with, or wait for the BBC.

"He was pronounced dead, then he was transferred to a better hospital where doctors upgraded his condition to alive."

Not sure this is possible, death, unlike player transfers, tends to be irreversible!
I take it you were either in your 60s in the 1990s or not born at that stage - was joking mate. Referencing a well known bit of Western pop culture.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9628 on: April 28, 2022, 02:31:32 pm »
I take it you were either in your 60s in the 1990s or not born at that stage - was joking mate. Referencing a well known bit of Western pop culture.

Yes, I am 97 years old, you youngsters and your comedy japes, you're such a card :)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9629 on: April 28, 2022, 02:37:12 pm »
Yes, I am 97 years old, you youngsters and your comedy japes, you're such a card :)
I do agree that the media coverage of it has been a farce, Sky Sports as usual jumped on it with a thin veneer of sadness that was actually masking some glee and excitement over it all.

Horrible agent who's done a lot of harm to the game? Yes. Human being with feelings, family and friends? Also yes, even given my own joking on the topic.

Highlights more what's wrong with the media than Raiola really. Good to see you posting with such alacrity as you approach a century though mate  ;)

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9630 on: April 28, 2022, 04:04:29 pm »

Chill out mate. So many sources were saying he had passed away.

Before he hadn't. I'll remember to give him a buzz before typing it on a football forum in future though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9631 on: April 28, 2022, 04:10:05 pm »
Is he dead then? Any chance we can get Haaland?

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9632 on: April 29, 2022, 08:53:46 am »
Is he dead then? Any chance we can get Haaland?
No and No

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9633 on: April 29, 2022, 01:04:57 pm »
RT @lequipe Vexé par la tentative du Bayern de séduire Haaland, Lewandowski rêve du Barça
https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Vexe-lewandowski-reve-du-barca/1330267

Lewandowski wants to quit Bayern for Barcelona.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9635 on: May 1, 2022, 08:46:18 pm »
RT @lequipe Vexé par la tentative du Bayern de séduire Haaland, Lewandowski rêve du Barça

Lewandowski to Barcelona and Haaland to Bayern Munich would make sense for everyone involved ...

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9636 on: May 1, 2022, 09:44:01 pm »
About West Ham

Hope so & the lack of a striker in Jan is evident now. Getting a draw against City would be a even bigger shock now.

Do you think they could look at that Ajax striker who's been scoring hatfuls of goals? There's a risk with prolific goalscorers from the Eredivisie, but he's been scoring for fun in the Champions League too, so his quality should translate well to West Ham in the Premier League. 33 goals from 40 games this season, including 20 in the league and 11 in the CL.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9637 on: May 1, 2022, 09:47:13 pm »
Lewandowski to Barcelona and Haaland to Bayern Munich would make sense for everyone involved ...
Yeah. Why sign for a plastic club that will soon get found out?

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9638 on: May 2, 2022, 10:31:36 am »

he is close to that kind of money at Barca GBP 14M or Euros 16M   a year.
plus Uniited will have a lot of salaries freed up this summer, Pogba, Cavani, Mata, Lingard & Ronald (clause to extend a year),, plus 5/6 with one more year to go.
and a new  Dutch Manager so major clear out in the summer.

I have always like de Jong and think he could do a job for us .. right age.

But will he leave Barca = the Dutch love Barca (& also to Real Madrid) -all to do with Cruijff and to live and play football iin Spain is where a lot of the young Dutch talent  dream of.  Plus the culture and climate has some of the best warmer temperatures in Europe.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9639 on: May 2, 2022, 10:33:43 am »

I thought Barca were skinned and in extreme debt, what has changed? Authorities blatantly ignoring to keep La Liga competitive and commercial attractive? 6 months ago they could even register new players, now they want the Ballon D'or winner - something is fishy