Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3273130 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #37280 on: July 3, 2022, 11:37:24 am »
Between 1991 and 2018 Liverpool did record:

Champions League: 2005
UEFA Cup: 2001
European Super Cup: 2001, 2005
FA Cup: 1992, 2001, 2006
League Cup: 1995, 2001, 2003, 2012
Community Shield: 2001, 2006

In addition:

Champions League runner-ups:
2007, 2018

First Division/Premier League runner-ups:
1991, 2002, 2009, 2014

First Division/Premier League third place:
1996, 1998, 2001, 2006, 2007

Champions League semi finalists:

It's rather willfully ignorant to call that a complete failure considering that the club was never a spending power in those times.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 11:39:49 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37281 on: July 3, 2022, 11:37:53 am »
Strange to see Neville making out like Salah "played" us. I don't like the amount of wages and transfer fees being spent but the oil clubs changed the layout of the land. We've clearly looked at how much the extra money over the length of the contract Vs replacing him through transfer fee and new wages

To be honest, Klopp and Salah signing contract extensions, and Mane being replaced with a player who has the potential to be even better than him, is terrifying news for every Man Utd fan ...

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37282 on: July 3, 2022, 11:41:25 am »
Some on Redcafe saying swap him for Timo Werner  :lmao :lmao :lmao

While amusing and desperate, that'd probably be a good move for them simply for losing Ronaldo, insane that they seem so fixated on him staying when he is so expensive and so detrimental to how their new manager will want them to play.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 12:25:48 pm by Skeeve »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37283 on: July 3, 2022, 11:44:48 am »
Some on Redcafe saying swap him for Timo Werner  :lmao :lmao :lmao

To be fair, that would be a good outcome for Man Utd ...

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #37284 on: July 3, 2022, 11:45:22 am »
IMO, not only will United be substantially stronger without him, but it's credit to Ten Hag that he is ignoring this bullshit to focus on team development.

I have a suspicion that they have finally landed on the right Manager/Coach and they will be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37285 on: July 3, 2022, 11:50:58 am »
Noticed that too. Van Der Beek, Anthony, Timber, Martinez and De Jong. It’s basically telling his employer that half the players from his previous team that played outside Big5 European league are better than United’s. I have never seen these players much but I think ETH overplayed his hand a little bit.

That’s also why I respected Klopp for never needing to raid Dortmund when he joined us.

If De Jong had been eager to reunite with him then he would have been an ideal signing for them to build around, but some clear red flags going up with just how many other of his former players ETH wants to sign. If he doesn't know suitable alternatives that he just needs to rely on the united scouting department to find him players that match his needs, then again if he has to rely on them it explains his former player obsession with the clowns they have running that dept. :lmao

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37286 on: July 3, 2022, 11:51:50 am »
IMO, not only will United be substantially stronger without him, but it's credit to Ten Hag that he is ignoring this bullshit to focus on team development.

I have a suspicion that they have finally landed on the right Manager/Coach and they will be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years.

Nah, they are too disfunctional as a club, and their squad is terrible. They will be in the Europa League for years to come ...

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37287 on: July 3, 2022, 11:53:39 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W6yudcMVfE&t=58s

They had so much hope in their hearts 10 months ago.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37288 on: July 3, 2022, 12:01:51 pm »

Has he?!

Matip, Keita, Thiago and Karius are the only ones I can think of.

In his first year, he signed 7 players for the first team squad, 3 of those (Matip, Karius and Klavan) came from Germany, so while he has not returned there frequently, he did utilise his local knowledge at the start. It makes sense really, even if he believed in the structure of our scouting team, adding some familiarity on top of that while they build trust with him is reasonable and none of them were overly expensive signings either so not like he was tying us to his choices too much and he's hardly returned there frequently, even for targets let alone signings.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 12:22:28 pm by Skeeve »

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37289 on: July 3, 2022, 12:10:07 pm »
Imagine for a second you’re Ronaldo, you’re now playing in the Europa League, not likely to finish top 4 next season, and have Harry Maguire as your captain.

He’s fast running out of options and if he can’t escape over the barbed wire this summer, then I can see him tunnelling out to the MLS (Miami would seem to suit) after the World Cup.

As for ETH and United’s desperate Ajax recruitment policy, let’s not forget they’re also keen to sign Eriksen who spent his formative years there.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37290 on: July 3, 2022, 12:15:28 pm »

Their PR should be all over that. Imagine it on a poster at the start of the season, their top players around it looking solemn and menacing. Scary as fuck that, if you ask me.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #37291 on: July 3, 2022, 12:21:06 pm »
Where will the goals come from if St Cristiano goes?

What strikers are even available, and better than, sad as I am to say it, Haaland and for us Nunez?

I think they'd be better off without him, but all their transfer business seems to be about anything but a goalscorer

It's so uphill for them to be really in the mix again.

I am loving it  ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37292 on: July 3, 2022, 12:27:46 pm »
Where will the goals come from if St Cristiano goes?

What strikers are even available, and better than, sad as I am to say it, Haaland and for us Nunez?

I think they'd be better off without him, but all their transfer business seems to be about anything but a goalscorer

It's so uphill for them to be really in the mix again.

I am loving it  ;D

Now that Spurs have signed the pigeon, the obvious option for united is clearly a big bid for Sir Harrence of Kane.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37293 on: July 3, 2022, 12:38:07 pm »
Imagine for a second you’re Ronaldo, you’re now playing in the Europa League, not likely to finish top 4 next season, and have Harry Maguire as your captain.

He’s fast running out of options and if he can’t escape over the barbed wire this summer, then I can see him tunnelling out to the MLS (Miami would seem to suit) after the World Cup.

As for ETH and United’s desperate Ajax recruitment policy, let’s not forget they’re also keen to sign Eriksen who spent his formative years there.

Problem with Ronaldo is that he's been spoilt for most of his playing career. He's played in great teams & has mostly been surrounded by great players. That all changed the minute the ink dried when he signed for United last year. Yeah, he scores goals, but the modern footballer has to do a lot more to earn his corn than just stand & pose every time he does something out of the ordinary. He's now effectively a by-product from another era.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #37294 on: July 3, 2022, 12:45:44 pm »
I could see Man U dropping $100m on Harry Kane now - Richarlison hasn’t been bought for the bench.
not a chance Kane would go there, he's desperate to win things, would struggle to win an argument at that shower
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37295 on: July 3, 2022, 01:10:09 pm »
Have to laugh at Oliver Holt this morning, he tweeted how Ronaldo had played United! I hope plenty of our fans are firing that one back at Neville's twitter account this morning.  ;D

;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37296 on: July 3, 2022, 01:14:12 pm »
That celebration is kind of interesting to me in a cringe, embarrassing, awkward, laughable sort of way. Hard to describe - Like an old comedian saying a catchphrase from his heyday act to remind you he was once actually funny. He has become a parody of himself. Hope he stays.

he who fannies about and dives around (love the autocorrect ;D ) claims that its because yes in Spanish is Si, so siiiiuuuuuuu is a drawn out yeeessssssssssss, so its all about that. When I see him do it, all I see is him jumping and landing in front of a camera and making sure the camera is pointing right at his name and the No 7, to promote his he who fannies about and dives around brand.

As for the Utd fans shouting it, bunch of fucking wankers  ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37297 on: July 3, 2022, 01:19:38 pm »
There isn't a proper manager in world football who'd want Ronaldo and his ego in their dressing room this coming season. The lad is an utter prick.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37298 on: July 3, 2022, 01:23:24 pm »
Now that Spurs have signed the pigeon, the obvious option for united is clearly a big bid for Sir Harrence of Kane.

That'd be like trading herpes for chlamydia

I mean, you'd still have some fun, and you'd be better off, but that's not a great way to be

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37299 on: July 3, 2022, 01:27:50 pm »
Just hearing this guff Neville has been coming out with. You know what I love about people like him, what shines through most in his statements are not his love for Man Utd, but just how desperate he is for us to fail. That comes above their own success. I'd hate to think we were so small minded when they were a good side, many many years ago now. As far away as my first shite

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #37300 on: July 3, 2022, 01:28:14 pm »
Nevilles a dick. He isn’t mentioning Liverpool have tied down the best player in the league. He is trying to spin it to make him self feel better. Pop yer Champaign on tic toc yer ugly c*nt.  What a cock end he really is.
Neville is just a spin doctor. If Salah got a pay rise and stayed, he will have "played us."

If we'd have not come to a happy medium with him and he'd have walked next season it would be spun as "Liverpool unable to compete on wages for the biggest talents."

Him, and Mane going in such a short space of time would be spun as "it's all unravelling at Anfield."

Neville lacks any credibility. His own club are a laughing stock, yet all he does is bleat on about Liverpool. He's rattled. 😎
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #37301 on: July 3, 2022, 01:34:26 pm »
Just hearing this guff Neville has been coming out with. You know what I love about people like him, what shines through most in his statements are not his love for Man Utd, but just how desperate he is for us to fail. That comes above their own success. I'd hate to think we were so small minded when they were a good side, many many years ago now. As far away as my first shite
It harks back to his childhood trauma back in Bury, when the school playground was full of Liverpool fans taunting him over our staggering amount of success whilst his club were a laughing stock. We've haunted him ever since, and it shows.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37302 on: July 3, 2022, 01:35:46 pm »

I used to hate it, because we might laugh when they got beat, but we weren't a threat to them so it was all meaningless and hollow.

Her brother and his mate where giving me a bit after Paris and I countered with "looking forwards to Thursday nights next season are you" and it killed them ;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #37303 on: July 3, 2022, 01:37:57 pm »
Strange to see Neville making out like Salah "played" us. I don't like the amount of wages and transfer fees being spent but the oil clubs changed the layout of the land. We've clearly looked at how much the extra money over the length of the contract Vs replacing him through transfer fee and new wages

Neville just likes to try and unsettle us. Last year it was the whole 'Thiago doesn't suit Liverpool' agenda and then 'there's something not right there' at the start of last season.

Typical sly Manc.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37304 on: July 3, 2022, 01:44:28 pm »
Neville just likes to try and unsettle us. Last year it was the whole 'Thiago doesn't suit Liverpool' agenda and then 'there's something not right there' at the start of last season.

Typical sly Manc.

His making quite a list of idiotic statements for himself, off the top of my head:

- Thiago doesn't suit Liverpool
- Somethings not quite right
- Man Utd will win the league before Liverpool
- Sancho + Varane + Kane = Title
- Managers need time (and sacks every manager he employs)

Keep them coming chief

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37305 on: July 3, 2022, 01:58:47 pm »
While amusing and desperate, that'd probably be a good move for them simply for losing Ronaldo, insane that they seem so fixated on him staying when he is so expensive and so detrimental to how their new manager will want them to play.

He's their only bit of credibility left to be seen as a "big club", that they can still hold on to their "superstars".

Plus they need him for their social media branding.

From fans who still revere a manager who always insisted no player is bigger than the club, they've ended up with a player they're absolutely reliant upon to stay relevant.

Isn't karma great 😁

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #37306 on: July 3, 2022, 02:24:13 pm »
Ten Hag is loving this. Basically removes a massive problem and he doesn't have to bear the brunt of criticism from some fan quarters and the ex-player SKY horde (Neville, Keane, etc.).

As Kuper said, their scouting network seems laughable, but it's not really out of the ordinary - look at Chelsea under Conte and Sarri.

Surely it would be the opposite? A Man UTd coach will be under pressure to deliver regardless, but now he’ll also have the fact that every single signing he’s making is his choice, and his alone, no one to fall back on there in the blame game if they don’t all succeed. We’ve seen here how that goes with managers, the criticism aimed at them (Rodgers being prime example), when failed or average transfers where used as a stick to beat him with.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37307 on: July 3, 2022, 03:49:45 pm »
https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1543605733140434945

With another successful season for Liverpool and City on the cards in 2022/23, Bar 99 provides a safe place for Man Utd fans...

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #37308 on: July 3, 2022, 03:52:50 pm »
he who fannies about and dives around (love the autocorrect ;D ) claims that its because yes in Spanish is Si, so siiiiuuuuuuu is a drawn out yeeessssssssssss, so its all about that. When I see him do it, all I see is him jumping and landing in front of a camera and making sure the camera is pointing right at his name and the No 7, to promote his he who fannies about and dives around brand.

Where did that start? Presumably a big European club? Imagine copying the terrace chant from a rival. Though I guess United aren't a rival of big European clubs any more.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37309 on: July 3, 2022, 03:58:30 pm »
Where did that start? Presumably a big European club? Imagine copying the terrace chant from a rival. Though I guess United aren't a rival of big European clubs any more.

When he was at Real is when he started doing it, I can't remember what he did before he went there, but the first time I saw him doing it I thought "that's all oh look at me" and was all for the camera and while I've not heard the Real Madrid fans make the noise, they'll like have as the Mancs never have an original thought
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 04:01:12 pm by rob1966 »

Offline red number 9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Moses said "come forth" but we came first
« Reply #37310 on: July 3, 2022, 04:09:47 pm »

The cynic is me has always suspected it's forward planning for a post career brand logo like the Jordon logo.  Djokovic tried something similar too a while back.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37311 on: July 3, 2022, 04:13:41 pm »
Are Man Utd holding him prisoner?, does that make him "The c*nt of Monte Cristo".

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37312 on: July 3, 2022, 04:36:47 pm »
Are Man Utd holding him prisoner?, does that make him "The c*nt of Monte Cristo".

No, just c*nt.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #37313 on: July 3, 2022, 04:40:34 pm »
His making quite a list of idiotic statements for himself, off the top of my head:

Keep them coming chief

He's an absolute fool. Was an awful manager, a terrible coach (assisted Hodgson with England), keeps picking the wrong managers for Salford and his judgement as a pundit is shocking.

Why is he taken seriously by anyone?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37314 on: July 3, 2022, 04:43:25 pm »

The cynic is me has always suspected it's forward planning for a post career brand logo like the Jordon logo.  Djokovic tried something similar too a while back.

Will the gear come with a mirror to stare at all day?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #37315 on: July 3, 2022, 04:44:52 pm »

Her brother and his mate where giving me a bit after Paris and I countered with "looking forwards to Thursday nights next season are you" and it killed them ;D

Someone call the bizzies; there's been a murder... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37316 on: July 3, 2022, 04:57:20 pm »
To be honest, Klopp and Salah signing contract extensions, and Mane being replaced with a player who has the potential to be even better than him, is terrifying news for every Man Utd fan ...

It's no accident that Salah extended his contract after Klopp extended his - and for the same length of time too. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37317 on: July 3, 2022, 05:07:27 pm »
They should replace Ronaldo with the real Ronaldo

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37318 on: July 3, 2022, 05:10:37 pm »
They should replace Ronaldo with the real Ronaldo

He's enjoyed life a bit clearly but should still be able to meg Shaw

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37319 on: July 3, 2022, 05:45:43 pm »

Keep them coming chief

He is irrelevant even in his profession

I am not on twitter but I'd willingly communicate this to him.

He smacks of some prick who took a job because they could, without the merit behind it. The power, the ability

A jobsworth who hasn't learned that in real jobs, you at least, if you're sad, tow the company line, he makes nihilist look hopeful. At least your average nihilist touches on truth.

A clickbait obsessed wanker.

I know you all want to be fair but I don't so if a massively outsized cinderblock crushed Neville from above well it would be a slight shame but don't fucking act like he enriches lives the man is a cancer on psychology in football, think of all the people he riches, Sky most culpable (if you wish to discuss falling cinderblocks) and Our Jamie fucking get under the scaffolding those blocks are on too

But if Mr Neville retired tomorrow (friendly option) absolutely nobody would give a square fuck

A chancer contributing less than nothing. Aural pollution, don't fucking settle for it!

Pirate the FUCK out of games you can't attend! Don't pay this fucking loser any heed!

You have all heard the phrase "born for the job"

When it comes to punditry, he wasn't. Fuck off Gary, in a country run ragged and dying from Tory rule I accuse you of being complicit on clogging up the airwaves and I pray any timely revolution sequesters you for you'd better hope retraining.

Null person - may this be the last I ever speak of him - May as well not exist for me.

Fuck off Gary isn't strong enough. Maybe if the phrase was screamed from the bus I'm driving at him
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 05:47:31 pm by ToneLa »